• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I've created something revolutionary.

"Haters gonna hate" text unincluded.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Dk boards. We need to work together to make people AFRAID to play Dk and not think he's a bad character.
Who's with me ?

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
wait people think DK is bad? I've never met someone with that opinion. I've met very few people who think he's good, but noone said he was bad :|
but let's raise his place on the tier list with good results yeahhhhhhh.

zmx

Smash Lord
Dk boards. We need to work together to make people AFRAID to play Dk and not think 's a bad character.
Who's with me ?
As a DK secondary I agree. There's something about DK that just makes him a lot of fun to play. Maybe I actually like that he depends a lot on hard reads and tech chases. Living forever is always a plus as well.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
That was a sexy game. Nice glide tosses btw.

Also I have a question. Everytime I try to glide toss, instead of moving, I do that motion where he throws it down, how can I fix that?

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Wow, unbelievable. Your suggestion of waiting just a second is working. I am getting it much more consistent, thanks! I think before I was doing it simultaneously, which was what was causing the problem.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
but Canada is not in North Carolina.
you should change the venue to North Carolina.
that'd be boss
amirite.
then I'll go

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Sweet, I'll probably be attending that 1poke.

As for ROS, I just might be going, TJoe said he'd personally call my mom and see if he can work out me getting there, etc.

If I can go I'd love to play you Atila, and will too. :D

Ruinn

Smash Ace
So today was the first time for me seeing a live stream of a tourny. Man it looks so much smoother. Say I'm winding up a punch on wifi, in order for me to cancel my punch and put up shield fast enough to say shield pits arrow is almost a second longer than what it takes offline. So now I'm coming to conclusion, what if someone like me who is always playing via wifi were to go to a tourny? Compared to the people that buffer everything, I'll always be behind due to my experience with wifi. what I'm trying to get at is, yeah wifi gives you good Matchup practice and experience, but can it really throw off your game? Just recently Iota mentioned how he went to a toruny for about 8 hours, and when came back lost offline to someone he normally beats. So main question: wifi good or bad?

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I don't think wifi good or bad is black and white, though a lot of players just hate it.
Most people can agree that offline is better and worth the time to get to it rather than just play offline (at least I hope so).
but wifi can help you in the way that introduces you to tons of different playstyles.
There's the good of so many people each with their own tricks, or new things that consciously or unconsciously, you learn. There's the bad of the lag that holds you back, and makes you take losses you would never take offline in stride.
The time when wifi is bad, in my opinion, is when you start to CONSCIOUSLY MOLD you playstyle to online. it's when you stop controlling brawl, and start to try and make brawl NOT control you.
I say play wifi like it's offline, take the weird lag hits with a healthy bit of rage (of course) but deal with it.
I don't think wifi will ever help a player as much as offline but to say that it is making you worse is not always true.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
I think I got 13th?

I used IC's for a match though, but then I manned up and beat a good Diddy on SV in game 3. :D

Also, Will widened my anus, but I would've taken off a game if I didn't screw up a B-reversal... :(

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
maaan all you DKs need to go to NC. will come down for something idk. you can beat everyone, except maybe esam.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
HOLY CRAP SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS!

Yeah, haha. :p Too bad you couldn't go to RoS, it was a time and a half. :(/:)

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Of course I would recognize my hometown! Where exactly from Nova Scotia are you from? :o And yeah, I was gonna go but I just had to get my mom angry the day before. :( Oh well, there's always impulse.

Top Bottom