• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Happy birthday, Ripple!

I tried to search for like Ripple birthday cake or just Ripple birthday in general but no good results, but there was some cool "Ripple ice cream" that you should definitely go out and get. I guess that's the downside(or maybe upside) of picking such a sexy tag.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Dk '11... SAME AS EVERY OTHER YEAR!

D0N

Smash Ace
I'm late but most of us are lazy about posting sooo...

Happy Belated Birthday Ripple!

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Happy Super-belated birthday, dude!

I've been in bed for 5 days, so couldn't really see this on time. :p

*rages at sinus infection*

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Ripple's birthday has lasted 3 days, aw yeah! :cool:

Oh what I mean to say is that I think the thread should be named That '08 DK now that we don't have any obvious holidays or birthdays to name it for. What do you all think?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Ripple's birthday has lasted 3 days, aw yeah! :cool:

Oh what I mean to say is that I think the thread should be named That '08 DK now that we don't have any obvious holidays or birthdays to name it for. What do you all think?
I think that's perfect, actually.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I actually liked That '94 DK. This also brings me inspiration on where to look for a new AT. We gotta figure out how to do that sweet roll. And then roll canceled jumps off edges. The possibilities are endless! We'll be like Sonic if Sonic was a dump truck!

:151:

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I actually liked That '94 DK. This also brings me inspiration on where to look for a new AT. We gotta figure out how to do that sweet roll. And then roll canceled jumps off edges. The possibilities are endless! We'll be like Sonic if Sonic was a dump truck!

:151:

With Nitrous Oxide?

Neon!

Smash Lord
I tried doing some platform canceling shenanigans with cargo hold but it didnt work, one thing i havent seen us use very much is glide tossing vs. diddy, or cargo grab diddy, place him close to a banana and then tech chase. It doesnt seem to work too well but thats something we could look into.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I tried doing some platform canceling shenanigans with cargo hold but it didnt work, one thing i havent seen us use very much is glide tossing vs. diddy, or cargo grab diddy, place him close to a banana and then tech chase. It doesnt seem to work too well but thats something we could look into.

I always glide toss with an item in had, since I constantly use Peach.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
We should be able to do a silent punch, like how Falco can do silent lasers. If anything we're probably missing a giant punch AT. 10 different winds, weird hitboxes, superarmor and all, you'd think we could do something with them =/. Or maybe there's another up-b secret?

I think it's more important that we know the tricks that arn't necessarily "ATs". Just a use of a move for something you never thought of.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I was pretty sure someone had already looked into banana at's vs diddy, I just havent seen thoe used in tournament. When was he last time any dk has played a top diddy? Hopefully I'll get to play gnes soon.

Cable

Smash Lord
I played ADHD past november the games were pretty close first match was on FD and second was on Delfino. I'm going to KTAR next week I hope to play Gnes :)

Tech chases with DK should work I do believe glide toss to super punch works I've tested it out before.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm done with taking this game seriously. I've come to a realization that I am bad and am only getting worse thanks to my location. I won't be playing this game for competition anymore.

sorry guys. you'll have to go on with out me.

this time, I'm 100% serious. I'd like to become a TO, and host tournaments, not play in them anymore

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm done with taking this game seriously. I've come to a realization that I am bad and am only getting worse thanks to my location. I won't be playing this game for competition anymore.

sorry guys. you'll have to go on with out me.

this time, I'm 100% serious. I'd like to become a TO, and host tournaments, not play in them anymore

Don't give me that crap, man. Keep playing competitively.

You think YOUR brawl area is bad? I have absolutely no scene here. It's me and my best brawl friend that practice. It's only us, dude. We've come pretty far when it comes to level of play. Don't quit, because I'll be royally pissed. The last thing DK needs is to lose another really good player. Stay dude. Please.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
We should be able to do a silent punch, like how Falco can do silent lasers. If anything we're probably missing a giant punch AT. 10 different winds, weird hitboxes, superarmor and all, you'd think we could do something with them =/. Or maybe there's another up-b secret?

I think it's more important that we know the tricks that arn't necessarily "ATs". Just a use of a move for something you never thought of.
What about the 'extended super armor' on spinning kong? Most notably on stages like jungle japes, where you do SK off a platform and the SA from the first seven(?) frames carry throughout the entire aerial SK.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Well the thing about the extended super armor glitch is that we know about the extended super armor glitch. We're looking for things we don't know about lol.

Also Ripple first Lucario, now none at all? Tsk tsk. Also I live in Kentucky, we barely even fit into any region and have like 10 players. We had to fuse with Indiana, at least you guys didn't. I mean sometimes Cincinatti comes to play but that's it. Idk how good you're wanting to be but you all are pretty dang good. Unless you're wanting to be like a national threat instead of a regional threat.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
have you seen my title? how far away are your 10 people? do they live 4 hours away? I live in IL but have never gone to their tournaments because its such a huge hassle. I have to go 2.5 hours away to st. louis and to be honest, we suck. no one live in between st. louis and chicago in IL EXCEPT me.

stuck in the middle of nowhere. and its taken its toll

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
have you seen my title? how far away are your 10 people? do they live 4 hours away? I live in IL but have never gone to their tournaments because its such a huge hassle. I have to go 2.5 hours away to st. louis and to be honest, we suck. no one live in between st. louis and chicago in IL EXCEPT me.

It took a good 13 hours for me to get to MLG Dallas. Even then, we hardly have any brawl scenes that are any closer than 7 hours. Yeah, there are a lot of scenes in Texas, but what you don't understand is how long it takes to travel through it from where we are. It takes for ****ing ever.

As much as people underestimate me, I really want to be a top brawler. I wanna be known for being damn good and as technical as I am. I'm a really good player, but people don't know it because it's hard for me to get anywhere. It's hard for us to get anywhere. It means a lot to me and I'm still trying to stick to the competitive scene, as hard as it is with no tourny experience. I know it's difficult, and I feel your pain. Just please, do all of us a favor and stick to it. You're really good, and it's going to hurt so much to lose you. I don't want that, and I know all of us on the DK boards have the same opinion on it. I'm not just a fellow DK main, but a friend too. I'm your friend, and I know what I'm telling you.

D0N

Smash Ace

Have you tried building your own scene with flyers, AIB, facebook, hosting casuals, whatever you can before? It's not easy to do at all so be prepared for a hassle, but good luck if you try to TO. I've seen good 'how to' stuff on building a scene on SRK and SWF (AlphaZealot did it I think) before, if you want me to find them just let me know. You're probably better off building first whether you want to still play or not.

If you can get an attendance of at least 10 for your first tourney I'll fly down and enter on a weekend to show support... as long as there is housing for me and a ride to/from a nearby airport. Flying standby is free for me for a little while.

Top Bottom