• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
We have about 30 odd players in N.S...although we only have like, 10 real standouts, and on a broad scale, prolly wouldn't do too well. Our top player on the PR's went to MLG Dallas and only won one round in Loser's before being eliminated.

I used to think you were the best DK, and you're still really good...I'm new here, but don't quit. :(

Nestec

Smash Ace
Thinking about secondarying DK. How much should I have to worry about dealing with DDDs?

:green:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
If you actually main Sonic, you'd definitely be better off playing him Vs. Dedede.

There are some stages where Dedede isn't as bad to fight (Norfair, Brinstar, etc) and without his infinite I really don't think this match-up is HORRIBLE, but you have to play SUPER CAREFUL. I played a Dedede once as DK, it didn't go so well, though, I don't have much experience in that much up.

Basically, avoid stages with walls unless you're very confident you can do well there, and even then I'd reconsider, be careful with your approaches, and above all, don't. Get. Grabbed. I'm sure one of the better DKs can provide more info.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
lol our players in Lexington are downtown, so like a 20 minute drive. But nobody drives. I've missed tournaments inside l Lexington because nobody can give me a ride D:

Also, what Attila said! Way back when, before there was Will videos and all that, I used to watch your videos and be like "man, that's how I wanna play DK!" Like a little kid.

Edit: Depends on where you live Nestec. Some places are DDD heavy (no they arn't) and some places only have 2 DDDs (Midwest:E :cool:). Actually you probably shouldn't be worrying about DDD if you're playing DK as a second. I'm guessing you'd be playing DK for match-ups like Marth and GW? I don't think I've ever heard of a Marth or GW who seconds DDD lol, that'd be kinda silly.

If you run into a DDD, I'd totally play Sonic over DK. The match-up is just too frustrating and easy to mess up, even if infinite is banned.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
don't butter me up guys. it'll make it harder to say goodbye :'(

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
don't butter me up guys. it'll make it harder to say goodbye :'(
That's the plan! Oh, but I didn't know you were like quitting. I thought you were just gonna become a host and still just hang around the boards because we're cooler than the midwest boards obviously.

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
You shouldnt really stop playing, Bawl has actually raised the level of socialness on every brawler, its amazing how we all get along just due to some game...

Brawl is really something i enjoy, and im not leaving it for now, I have very tied up schedules but with organization and planning you can always have time to play.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
No problem, Nestec. If you do decide to use DK and need some advice on anything, go ahead and ask.

Also, this kinda reminds me. What's everyone's opinion of a new DK guide? I wouldn't mind writing it, I have free time. The last guide we have was written in 2008 so maybe it's about time for an update?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Happy Birthday Neon (and PeachGuard's mom!)

I'm gonna run out of pictures for this kinda thing eventually. But enjoy your neon banana!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Seriously, I don't even know what you censored. Those four letters could be a lot of things! Let's play fill in the blank.

it could be STYLIN'. Or FUNKIN'. That's how I would describe it at least :urg:.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Seriously, I don't even know what you censored. Those four letters could be a lot of things! Let's play fill in the blank.

it could be STYLIN'. Or FUNKIN'. That's how I would describe it at least :urg:.
Lets just say I'm a friendly, yet vulgar person.

It starts with a J!

D0N

Smash Ace
Happy birthday

Where is that picture anyway? I kinda want to go there.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Thank you so much for the birthday shoutouts and lulzy pic.
Im 19 now so this is my last year as a teenager!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Flickr just ate that banana picture! I knew I should've saved it to my photobucket... oh no D:

Also Cable, we'll see when it rolls around. It's not like I plan these pictures. Or maybe I should start...

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Anyone else from Canada here that's going to some random tourney in Ontario instead of Pound 5? :p

My buddies and I are driving over (well, planning to), and it'd be cool to see more DK mains...I'm one of two around here. :p

Top Bottom