• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best character on each stage?

PKOWNAGE

Smash Rookie
here are my thoughts:

on hyrule temple, pit can glide almost anywhere, escape from the right ledge to the lower island at higher percentages, divebomb his foes via gliding, and camp out to spam his arrows

also on hyrule temple, lucario has a great advantage because you should be able to reach the aura cap on almost every you fight there.

on corneria, I think ness has a huge advantage because he can camp out on the laser cannons below the stage, and then when there about to fire, hold down B to absorb and get free healing 50% damage.
He can also stand on the fin and absorb the arwing lazers. In addition, he can trap someone against the back of the fin and start spamming PK fire. He can also camp behind the fin and use PK flash and PK thunder to attack you.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
TRUST ME
if u put an olimar and a DK on that stage, all you would see is olimar **** because it gives olimar more of an advantage than it does to DK.
I think that, though MK does best on this stage, Olimar gets the most benefit from this stage.
Same argument for Norfair. Though he may not be the best on that stage, Im pretty sure he gets more benefit than pit does. All it does for pit is accentuate his relatively mediocre arial game, whilst for olimar, it eradicates his one and only true weakness, inability to recover.
Thus, I believe that olimar gets the most benefit from these stages. Im not saying hes the best on these stages, just the most benefited.
norfiar isnt for pits aerial game lol.
Its for his ledgecamping ability. pits ledgecamp is better than Mks or robs infact it is proably the best in the game. and Norfair alllows him to up-air anyone on the map as well as camp Anywhere with arrows. often even characters like falco or olimar are unable to camp back because they cant use the curvature of the map the same way pit can
Norfair doesnt help olimars recovery like maybe pirate ship would.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Shuttle Loop sends the opponents at a perfect angle.
...i dont get it. you DO know shuttle loop has different trajectories to where it hits right? and different strengths on where it hits too olimar + usmash = ****, especially on the bottm of the stage. same for DK earthquake thingy, and pretty much any fast move that sends things up

Frown

poekmon
...i dont get it. you DO know shuttle loop has different trajectories to where it hits right? and different strengths on where it hits too olimar + usmash = ****, especially on the bottm of the stage. same for DK earthquake thingy, and pretty much any fast move that sends things up
Well, it was my only guess. Can't come up with anything else.

Hive

Smash Lord
kwl ^^ i like the idea for this thread :)
I think any samus main would agree that battlefield is samus' playground though ^^, however, I know other characters excel at that level as well (snake, etc..), so I'm not sure if she improves the most there....

I've always heard
diddy owns on fd though...
falco owns japes
g&w owns corneria
and DK I think does the best on brinstar ^^
and ddd is pretty much a ***** on anything with a walkoff or a wall lol :p

brinboy789

Smash Champion
snake for smashville, and IMO i find yoshis island really good for sonic, but idk, its just IMO

take MK of luigis mansion plz, i dont see what makes him so good there.

G&W is really good on RC too i heard

Laem

Smash Champion
But Diddy has one hell of a long upB, and Link hasn't. One little push after his second jump and Link is done for.
what im trying to say is, diddy loses far more than link, and thats what this thread is about. Diddy is still better on RC, but loses for more than link thus should be listed

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Mainly characters that have good projectiles generally do well in FD. Like I faced Amari the guy that plays Toon Link. I beat him one game at FD but his CP stage was FD. Those platforms can get in the way with players who heavenly rely of projectiles and Smashville isnt so bad. Since the platform moves back and forth across the stage though there is camping so you can throw as many projectiles as you want.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I'm pretty sure that if you Flame Choke someone out of the water at the very tip of the move's range, it sends them down enough to guarantee a spike.

So Ike has Aether to set up his spikes, and Ganondorf has tipman and flame chokes, meaning that Ganondorf can mess someone up in water with a much greater range than Ike can. Seriously, Ganondorf ***** so hard in water that it's amazing. Then there's the Flame Choke into Boat spike.

I once trapped somebody under the front of the small boat on Pirate Ship by using Volcano Kick and laughing when the other guy didn't realize until it was too late that he couldn't swim out of the way because the suction was pulling him in. Really, any stage that makes VOLCANO KICK less useless gives Ganondorf the biggest boost from a stage.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm pretty sure that if you Flame Choke someone out of the water at the very tip of the move's range, it sends them down enough to guarantee a spike.

So Ike has Aether to set up his spikes, and Ganondorf has tipman and flame chokes, meaning that Ganondorf can mess someone up in water with a much greater range than Ike can. Seriously, Ganondorf ***** so hard in water that it's amazing. Then there's the Flame Choke into Boat spike.

I once trapped somebody under the front of the small boat on Pirate Ship by using Volcano Kick and laughing when the other guy didn't realize until it was too late that he couldn't swim out of the way because the suction was pulling him in. Really, any stage that makes VOLCANO KICK less useless gives Ganondorf the biggest boost from a stage.
Aether is safer to set up spikes with. SAFs to prevent your opponent from spiking you as you spike them -> a bit bigger range of spiking. You also failed to mention Dtilt spiking on the edge of the ship for Ike (which has more range then flamechoke spiking wise).

As well as Ike can make use the of the ENTIRE stage extremely well. Not just the water and on the small boat. Aether sliding, infinities, platform games: I can't think of a single trick that Ike has that he can't use on this stage.

He also has an easier time GETTING people to the water. Jab canceling makes it easy, and he can get there quicker before they can get out of the water.

TP

Smash Master
Maybe we should have the good Ganon mains and the good Ike mains face each other on Pirate Ship. If the Ganons win despite the very disadvantageous matchup, we get Pirate Ship. :)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lmnao good luck ganon mains. on the bright side there are enough obsticles to prevent getting pwned by ikes smashes as easily as it would be if you were in FD. for me anyways...

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Aether is safer to set up spikes with. SAFs to prevent your opponent from spiking you as you spike them -> a bit bigger range of spiking. You also failed to mention Dtilt spiking on the edge of the ship for Ike (which has more range then flamechoke spiking wise).

As well as Ike can make use the of the ENTIRE stage extremely well. Not just the water and on the small boat. Aether sliding, infinities, platform games: I can't think of a single trick that Ike has that he can't use on this stage.

He also has an easier time GETTING people to the water. Jab canceling makes it easy, and he can get there quicker before they can get out of the water.
Everything I posted before was about when both characters are in the water, so my first impression was "you can't use d-tilt in water..." If you're going to talk d-tilting vs. boat-spiking, you can punished if you d-tilt too late, plus the fact that you can't shield Ganon's flamechoke (although I guess you can spotdodge it just as effortlessly, but if you do, Ganon goes in the water and nothing happens).

I can't really answer for the SAF's.

Ganondorf benefits from platforms too, and pretty heavily, since platforms make the game more aerial-oriented, and Ganondorf has a pretty good aerial moveset.

Your last statement is just wrong. EVERYTHING Ganondorf does pushes the other guy away, and tipmans ensure that the opponent will not reach the edge of the stage. Once the other guy is in the water, Ganondorf just has to finish the job, and the tools I stated before will ensure that.

Maybe we should have the good Ganon mains and the good Ike mains face each other on Pirate Ship. If the Ganons win despite the very disadvantageous matchup, we get Pirate Ship. :)
I'm game. Let's go Ganon!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike's aether protects him from being spiked and also puts Ike in spiking positioning. Most people I fight, stay the **** away from me so I don't drag them into the water.

Tofu_Rodeo

Smash Cadet
I think the best character on skyworld is DDD.

He can poke through the platforms while staying protected if you decide to stay above him.
His back throw will kill characters without beastly recovery if he hits you into the underside of the platform on the far right (acts as a stage spike).
His upthrow can be chained into uptilts and downsmashes if he bounces you off the roof.
He is annoyingly hard to kill if he stays on the bottom.
Waddledees and uneven ground platforms a protection from above can easily hinder your approach.

Overall it's just a pain in the arse to fight him at skyworld.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Best on Frigate = R.O.B. over GnW. Yes G&W is good..but I don't see him being as good as R.O.B. there since R.O.B. can use the sliding platforms on the 2nd transformation to camp and/or refuel Up-B if need be...but Idk they're both good chars for the stage

Veggi

Smash Champion
I think DK is as good as Falco on JJ, he has multiple stage spikes, can't be camped due to sharking through the platforms and his recovery is amazing along with the ability to charge his punch with no worries. He has the range to hit people on the outside platforms due to his range. DK is also one of the only characters that can kill off the top and he can approach easy.

Top Bottom