• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best and Worst SSE Intro Movie?

will.d

Smash Rookie
So which character had the coolest SSE intro video? I liked Ike's where he used Aether to chop the subspace bomb from the Anceint Minister's clutches. But who do you think had the worst? I didn't like Sonic's simply because it was kind of random. It's like they couldn't think of a way to put him in so they just through him in at the end.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
Best: When the Ancient Minister is on fire and really sad. I almost cried I felt so bad for him.
Worst: When Sonic cuts the wings. God, I hate him with a passion already and he had to go deux ex machina on me?! Besides, the Flash is a billion times better in every shape and form.

Warioman123

Smash Apprentice
Best: Captain Falcon: Seeing him Falcon Punch the ROB reminded of something you'd see in a corny action film.
Worst: I'd also have to say Sonic. Out of all people why was it HE who cut Tabbu's wings? He never even turned into a trophy! Also Wolf's, Toon Link's, and Jigglypuff's are like a big kick to the balls, as if they're saying "Yeah, we're too lazy to add them into the story, so we'll just make them come out look around stupidly, notice the player and then fight you!".
Whatever.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Best:Was Falco's Entrance for me..It displayed his coolness =D

Worst:I would say Lucario's entrance.. To me, it was pretty lame..

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
You guys need to stop flaming on Sonic. He's the only one who'd have been smart enough to show up at the last second and save everyone else's butts. His entrance is one of my favorites, and I tried when I saw it, just from the sheer awesomeness of the reminder that Sonic is in Brawl!

But behind that, it would be Captain Falcon kicking butt, Rob going uber, Metaknight's meeting with Marth, Ike's involvement, and Fox saving Diddy's butt. The worst was Yoshi's. Dude, stop looking like your freaking high off of those fuzzies in the forest! Get off your butt and help Link!

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Captain Falcon with a big Falcon pawnch on R.O.B wins first.

Sonic's is worst, sure it may have been smart to show up in the last second. But they should of planned it better and like , maybe show him sneaking around the startof the story and middle than suddenly spring to the rescue at the end.

Ange

Smash Lord
The worst was Yoshi's. Dude, stop looking like your freaking high off of those fuzzies in the forest! Get off your butt and help Link!
He did help Link.

Wolfs intro is epic, I like his mad look when he faces the player. Sonics intro is also good, I dont really see how people can hate it. Who cares about his role being too random and what not, the cutscene is great in itself if you keep away from these thoughts about his late appearance.

Anyway;

Best: Captain Falcon, Ness, Meta Knight.

/thread

will.d

Smash Rookie
You guys need to stop flaming on Sonic. He's the only one who'd have been smart enough to show up at the last second and save everyone else's butts. His entrance is one of my favorites, and I tried when I saw it, just from the sheer awesomeness of the reminder that Sonic is in Brawl!
So they saved the reminder for the last intro video in SSE? That doesn't make much sense. On top of that, every other character's Intro had something unique from their game put into the story to make it cool. Ike used Aether, Cpt Falcon used Blue Falcon to save the other "Captain". Fox and Falco both used their fighters to enter. Snake had his signature Box. Meta Knight and Marth had a swordsman duel. Link drew Master Sword. What did Sonic do. Oh, he ran through Tabuu's wings. This is blunt, but id ya didn't notice, Tabuu uses his wings while ya fight him. Way to go Sonic, you did nothing! :laugh:

One could say that Kirby saved everyone's butt when he used the Dragoon to destory Gannondorf's ship.

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
Ike's entrance in the SSE is quite good. But I also like R.O.B.'s entrance.
Even though I like to play as him, I would have to say Sonic's is the worst intro in the game. The fact that he appears just before the final battle. It was as if to say: right you guys have did all the hard work, I think it's time for me to join you all in this

Ange

Smash Lord
So they saved the reminder for the last intro video in SSE? That doesn't make much sense. On top of that, every other character's Intro had something unique from their game put into the story to make it cool. Ike used Aether, Cpt Falcon used Blue Falcon to save the other "Captain". Fox and Falco both used their fighters to enter. Snake had his signature Box. Meta Knight and Marth had a swordsman duel. Link drew Master Sword. What did Sonic do. Oh, he ran through Tabuu's wings. This is blunt, but id ya didn't notice, Tabuu uses his wings while ya fight him. Way to go Sonic, you did nothing! :laugh:

One could say that Kirby saved everyone's butt when he used the Dragoon to destory Gannondorf's ship.
Sonic didnt do "nothing", he showed up his signature speed to damage Tabuus wings. What I think is that they just got seriously damaged, and not completely destroyed.

Therefore, Sonic showed off something too.

3rd Ice Climber

Smash Cadet
Climbin' For eggplants in the icy suburbs of MD
Sonic would have appere earlier IF THEY INTENDED to put him in the game,but because he was the last character to be added to the roster,he had to apper late.

Best:Snake "Kept ya waiting,huh?"=EPIC WIN

Worst:Lucas:Why was he walking around lost like that?AND HOW DID HIS FOOT GET CAUGHT IN THAT F***ING BRANCH THINGY?!?!
they made lucas look weak,even though he pwnz >_>

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Sonic brought Tabuu's strength from World Ending to defeatable... and he showed up late because he was too busy getting awards from kicking Mario's butt in the Chinese Olympics, and fighting evil Sun-Gods... Granted they should have shown signs of him lurking around a few times, judging the other players, and appearing at the time that the rest of the cast couldn't handle it... For example, he could have been a blur at Lucas' opening.... And I know that Yoshi helped Link out, but still, he looks like he was hi off of the fuzzies from the Yoshi's Island Game! And he was just kinda chilling wheneveryone else was so serious and worried about the SSE....

justaway, thanks for showing the exact post about how Sonic helped save everyone's butts.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Best entrance: Snake. Out of the box and "Kept you waiting huh?" Priceless.

Worst entrance: Soni...*cough*...I mean Jigglypuff. i know this may be a little harsh considering she wasn't actaully in SSE, but I still think her entrance was lame.

Ange

Smash Lord
Best: The Great Invasion
Worst: The Cardboard Box....... It wasn't even a cutscene. XD
I believe the OP is talking about which character had the best/worst intro in the SSE cutscenes. You know, when they first appear and showing their names on the screen with that epic sound. :)

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I believe the OP is talking about which character had the best/worst intro in the SSE cutscenes. You know, when they first appear and showing their names on the screen with that epic sound. :)

Crap. XD

In that case:

Best: Ness, he just came in, and owned.
Worst: Yoshi! Seriously, nice place to take a nap, right next to the Master Sword. -.-

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The greatest thing Nintendo could've done is have Mario jump up, hit a box, and have Yoshi pop right out. Then the rest of the cast could come out of his eggs and he'll be the mother of smash.

will.d

Smash Rookie
I really did like Captain Falcon's as well. Olimar turning around to see Captain Falcon and the Mute City music coming on was awesome. Then he killed all the Pikmin, Hilarious.

I actually didn't like Meta Knights. I mean, he just came flying outta nowhere, and then fought Marth. First of all, with the Mach Sword he would've kicked Marth's butt. No way anyone could even react to that. Second off all, where did he come from, around the Subspace Explosion?

The reason Sonic's entrance still puzzles me is that he would have been vaporized by Tabuu's pulse from his wings had he been in subspace prior to the group entering. Which means he would've had to just come in right then. I think he and Snake should have had something together, since they're both not from Nintendo. He's random presence in subspace is stupid. Anyone could ahve damaged Tabuu's wings. Kirby could've dragooned 'em had he showed up in the end, Cpt Falcon could've flown Blue Falcon or the Flyer right through his wings, it's not that great that he did that. All it shows was that after everyone else did the work, he came in and now you give him all this credit. What I'm saying is. Just take one character and leave them out til the end and they could've done it. Sonic just happened to be the last character put in.

And by the way, "if you read the story": Go to the section called Tabuu's Off Waves. Apparently they have the ability to turn anything into trophies at a great distance.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea17.html
Making Sonic's into not only stupid, but impossible.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Best: Falcon or Falco's Intro. I like those action intros.
Worst: G&W's, since he didn't have one. Or Jigglypuff or Toon Link.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Best: Ike, did you really see it coming when you first played it? Falcon is also win.

Worst: Olimar, scared stiff -_-;;

Cyru$

Smash Rookie
Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong. The Bullet Bill exploding at the end especially was epic win, while they were standing in a cool position.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Best: Wolf cause he is giving you the middle finger salute
Worst: Jigglypuff cause i dont care about jiggly

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
will.d, the fact that Sonic felt the power of the Off-Waves all the way from Mobius or Soleanna, and came to help out is actually quite the feat. The only reason he didn't save everyone earlier is that (i imagine) going from one universe to the other on foot would take quite a long time, even for Sonic. But still, the fact that he did move fast enough to reduce the power of the off waves (when no one else decided to do, despite having the ability to do so) isn't so easily shurked.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
t:Lucas:Why was he walking around lost like that?AND HOW DID HIS FOOT GET CAUGHT IN THAT F***ING BRANCH THINGY?!?!
lol people trip even in cutscenes!

They should have a cutscene where Tabuu trips, and leads to someone delivering a finishing strike on him.

Seriously though... best intro was Fox and worst was ... I guess Yoshi's, and I'm not counting the part with Link drawing the Master Sword. That part was cool, lol

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
Sonic's entry might be mildly cool, but he loses a bunch of points for being a Deus ex Machina. And I really hate him anyway.

If Kirby had an entry besides the beginning it would be the coolest, but I'm going to have to go with Diddy.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
lol people trip even in cutscenes!

They should have a cutscene where Tabuu trips, and leads to someone delivering a finishing strike on him.
That would have been halarious! :laugh: I can see it now...

Tabuu: Foolish mortals! You will all die...*trips* Wh00ps!

The rest of the cast: ...
ATTACK!!!

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
Best: R.O.B's. His entrance as the destroyed ancient minister was amazing, didn't expect it
Worst: Game & Watch, why did he turn into that Duon. No sense.

Aura_Fear

Smash Cadet
Luigi's and Falcon's entrances were awesome. I didn't really like Yoshi's.

Ridley5000

Smash Apprentice
ike's is as random as sonics, as with ness's. but i think pikachu had the worst. didnt u feel sry for the little guy :( ?

anyway evryone knows the best are meta knight's, falco's, captain falcon's, and fox's
/thread

labrand7

Smash Cadet
best:captain falcon entance with a car thing and finish with those pikmin spirits
worst:luigi is showed that he looks like a wimp but actully stronger

Nirage

Smash Rookie
Best: Mario and Kirby, start the game with a true fight
Worst: Luigi, who's scared of a Waddle Dee?

Sonic shouldn't have been in SSE imo and was probably thrown in at the last second to say he is useful, and if he was put in earlier then I would've sped through not caring about the enemies or collectibles, though that may be just me.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
The Way Sonic appeared in SSE gave the impression of "you're too slow cuz I just stole the show"
That was lame.
The Best Cilp in SSE was when the Halberd got destroyed- then four other ships emerged from it
Kirby was epic win in that movie!

Top Bottom