• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best and Worst SSE Intro Movie?

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
The Best: Fox in his arwing shooting at the halberd
The Worst: Sonic saving everyone by destroying Tabuu's wings which he still uses in the battle

airsmasher

Smash Apprentice
I know it's probably been said hundreds of times before, but the Falcon Pawnch clip is nothing short of pure epicness. I also kinda like Wolf's cutscene.

Splice

Smash Hero
The one where Diddy Kong grabs fox XD
and then does it again with Falco and Fox shakes his head. Very funny.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I also loved the one where Capton Falcon drives in and kills all of Olimars Pikmin.
My least favorite would be the one with sonic at the end, they could have made it a bit more interesting then just that.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
My favorite cutscene is called, "The Five Warriors". It looks very bodacious when Link, Pit, Mario, Kirby, and Yoshi jump off the cliff.

My least favorite cutscene is the "Mario's misunderstanding" and "Link's minunderstanding" because they should of landed the hit. It would have been funny if they knock each other out. Btw, Mario's giant fist would just have bruised Link badly when Link's sword would kill Mario.

BMunich16

Smash Apprentice
Best was Marth on top of the castle and like 3rd ice climber said, Lucas' was the worst, it made no sense and made him seem weak.

S

smash brawl player 99021

captain falcon and olimar jump to the floating platform is pro and or amazing

Ismael

Smash Ace
Best: "Mario's misunderstanding"

Once he sees Peach evaporate he goes into uber awsomeness mode and does the epic spike pound. (Seeing as how it's Mario's bare hands while Link has a sword and shield, yet Link still scurries away, you can tell that it was godly) Mario: "You don't mess with mah Peach!"

Worst: "The Final Battle"

Sonics come out and uses spin dashes to break Tabuu's wings, then goes into his finger pose... -_- ... ... ... ... HOORAY FOR FANSERVICE >_>

And it made me more annoyed when you fight Tabuu, and his wings are still all-powerful, and kill you in one hit. Sonic did nothing. His wings still produce 1-hit KO shockwaves like before. He didn't "save" anybody, Tabuu's wings just grew back and it only annoyed him. D3's amulets (and Kirby's hunger apparently) is what saved everybody.

bionicdroid

Smash Cadet
Best: "The Great Invasion"

Total Brawl epicness!!!!!! And BIG explosions!!!!!!

Worst: "Mario and Pit Meet"

Was never a big fan of Mario or Pit.

Smash Emblem

Smash Rookie
Da best must be when Captain Falcon says, "Cmon" in that scene where they try to escape from Meta Ridely. I mean, I keep listening to it because he sounds so...I can't explain in words. Just my opinion.

...I don't think I do have one scenen in specific that I hate.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Best: Falco's entrance when he comes to assist Fox. Im not a star fox fan but i felt the epicness that one would.

Worst: When Sonic comes and thinks he's recscued everybody. Not that i hate him or anything but it was just kinda lame.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
I didn't really like Lucario's. I mean, he was just sort of standing there like "...Hey... Let's fight." It could have been so much better, but... it wasn't.

And I loved Marth and Ike's intros, Marth looked all badass (despite his girlyness) and Ike just comes out of nowhere and dominates... Awesome.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Falcon's entrance was an example of him being discrete.

Nonetheless his, Falco's, Fox's, and of course Donkey Kong's (Diddy's kinda cool too) entrances were the best. Donkey Kong's entrance was the closest Brawl got to actual violence - the pulverized koopa troopa.
Also, if we were including any character entrance, it would be Ridley. His brutal abuse of Samus displays how awesome of a boss he is... in the Metroid games.

In truth though, most of the videos in subspace emissary are only relatively good. The entire experience leaves something to be desired.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
Best: Captain Falcon's was my favorite. It was just so over the top and funny. It's like they knew the awesomeness of the Falcon Punch and figured they had to put it in there somewhere.

Worst: I think I have to go with Sonic's intro. No offense to people who like Sonic but it was just like everything happened to fast. It was just a way to get him in there at the last minute so fanboys wouldn't kill Sakurai.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
I didn't really like Lucario's. I mean, he was just sort of standing there like "...Hey... Let's fight." It could have been so much better, but... it wasn't.

And I loved Marth and Ike's intros, Marth looked all badass (despite his girlyness) and Ike just comes out of nowhere and dominates... Awesome.
Agreed, and agreed; though, so what if Marth is girly?!?

Nishin

Smash Apprentice
Favourite(s):
-Sheik and the Fallen Arwing: y'know? When Sheik attack's Fox's fighter and eventually they end up on Halberd's deck where Peach offers them tea.
-Lucario discovers Snake: Lucario and Meta Knight are rushing along, but the Aura Pokémon senses Snake, picks up the box and there is a brief silence, followed by Snake's "!".
-Luigi's intro movie: With the Waddle-Dees! :D

Dislike(s):
-Can't really remember, gotta watch some again.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Best: when WOLF gives you the finger. Look at that. He gave every single player THE FINGER.
Now you have one good reason to hate Wolf, because he flipped you off.

Nah, just kidding. Best is when Ike joins the party. The way he introduces himself in SSE proves how awesome he really is. Go watch it if you don't know what I mean.

Worst: when SEGA decides to give us the middle finger as well.
Snake should have hit Tabuu instead... would've been 10 times more epic.

urfat

Smash Cadet
i love the tea party on the airship lol but the captains is so close!!! lolol
least favorite is sonic for shore, i mean yeah they show his attitude and speed but where is the drama? what about the funnyness? but in their defense this was a nintendo world but that still doesn't explain why snake gets a good intro (not to mention good moves) sonic was so last minute it's sad

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Best: Ness. Ness just ROCKED when he appeared.

Worst: G&W. As much as I love him, his intro was terrible.

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
Best: Ike. Holy **** he saved the day.
Worst: Ice Climbers. They did nothing.

PK Knight

Smash Rookie
First: Snake...yeah.
Worst: Setting aside the obvious (Wolf, Link, and Jigglypuff), I would have to say pretty much every one that made the characters look as bland or scared as possible. Nintendo, this is your big chance to make every character full of win. You're lucky that you don't have a Dan...*remembers Tingle*...at least not one with a moveset. So please try harder to make characters like Olimar, Lucas, and Ice Climbers more of win and less of...mediocrity. Well, Lucas' displayed his personality, but seriously, he rocks. So emphasize on that rock.

After reading these I can tell some of the posters didn't realize Sonic was the only character that the fans really put in so he was added into the game last, giving him a last-minute part in the story. At least he was in the story. But seriously, this isn't the game that Sonic should be flamed for...He's seriously going to be driving in his next game...blah...

highfive

Smash Lord
Best: Luigi & King Dedede's/The Great invasion/When Snake throws Mr. G&W out the Halberd window. Not when Duon forms. Just when you see the bodies falling.
Worst: Marth. dunno. Lifting up his sword straight up in the air and having it glitter seems just kinda weird and pointless. Either his or Sonic's. Kinda like Sonic just decided to pop in when everyone else has been fighting just to get that far... he just pops in. Come on. It would have been good if he had a better cut scene.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Best: Samus. It tells you the only thing you need to know about her: She'll destroy anything that gets in her way, no questions asked.

Worst: Lucas. Although it totally fits his personality and what happened in Mother 3, no one else appeared to be totally helpless and pathetic (Other than Luigi, who did so for comedic effect only).

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Best: Would have been MK & Marth if those stupid little minions didn't intercept. I'm currently watching all the movie clips on youtube, I like Snake's introduction because it's a classic.

Ike's was cool, but he didn't do the Great Aether, he only did a regular.

Worst: Sonic, self explanatory. Lucas' was pretty bad too, he had time to rip the branch, but chose to squeal instead, because of this I always looked down on Lucas even though i'd use lucas over ness.
What would have been a better way to introduce him i think would have been in the beginning with Mario. The only problem with that is that the characters in the beginning were veterans of the smash bros. series so it wouldn't have worked :/

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Wolf's Intro was Epic !
I liked some situations where Ganondorf appeared.

Fox's Intro was amazing when Fox reflected the attacks of Rayquaza.

Worst: Lucario's Entrance was too bad...

StarWolf234

Smash Cadet
Best

Wolf: He gives the finger. lol

Capt. Falcon: Falcon Punches R.O.B and kills pikmin.

Worst

R.O.B: I knew he was the Ancient Minister when he had the flash backs or something like that.

Top Bottom