• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best and Worst SSE Intro Movie?

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon showing up is the best thing I've even seen in any of my lives

Leo Daza

Smash Cadet
I think that the best intros were Captain Falcon's and the Meta Knight and Marth one.
Captain Falcon's Punch was just amazing! It was one of the funniest scenes in the game.
And Meta Knight and Marth having a sword fight was just too cool.

The worst one was probably Jigglipuff, all she really did was dance around :(

And for everyone who didn't like the fact that Sonic showed up at the very end, just think about it for one second. He's Sonic. He runs at the speed of sound. He could run so fast that you wouldn't even SEE him!

DusK-The-Stray

Smash Ace
Best Imo would be:

Cpt. Falcon: He Falcon Punched ROB and killed pikmin... I hate those to so yeah...

Falco: Double Lasers! nuff said...

Wolf: He flips you off, nice.

Wario: Cause he's cool.

Worst (without adding reason):

Luigi

Ice climbers

ROB

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I have to admit, Sonic's entrance wasn't exactly Kojima-quality writing. Although there is a certain poetic humor to it.

Tabuu: I'm a vaguely sinister omnipotence of nonsensical origin! None of you have ever fought anything like me!

Sonic: Are you kidding? You just described every final boss in my games for the last ten years!

Vihannes

Smash Rookie
Marth, absolutely. The shine on his blade and that epic tune... The best.
Honorary mention for ROB, he's actually very tragic character, even though he's just a NES peripheral :D
I won't say the worst intro, because I'm too slow.

iProdigy101

Smash Apprentice
The best has to be when the Minister begins to feel gulty about letting his fellow R.O.B.s destroy themselves in the canyons. That's where I felt the story began to change.

The worst is the fact that they show Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff, who has no parts in the story. It just made no sense why they weren't in the story.

Viperdev

Smash Apprentice
The best has to be when the Minister begins to feel gulty about letting his fellow R.O.B.s destroy themselves in the canyons. That's where I felt the story began to change.

The worst is the fact that they show Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff, who has no parts in the story. It just made no sense why they weren't in the story.
well they prolly didn't put toon link in the story because he's kinda of a cartoon and they already have the other link

wolf idk they could have stuck him somewhere in the story

and jiggypuff well imo I couldn't care less about him

DaugtheTrickstar

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2509-1323-2744
im kind of tied between kirby where just went through that ship head on and cut it in half and that other scene where link gets pissed and attacks mario.

my worst i think would have to be young links. cartoonish lookin little -----

Matezoide

Smash Rookie
best - Zero Suit Samus/regular Samus

worst - Sonic,Toon Link,Wolf and Jigglipuff

iProdigy101

Smash Apprentice
well they prolly didn't put toon link in the story because he's kinda of a cartoon and they already have the other link

wolf idk they could have stuck him somewhere in the story

and jiggypuff well imo I couldn't care less about him
Yeah, it would be akward to see the two Links meet each other, though it would also be funny as well.

Wolf, yes, I also think he could've had a place in the story, so can Jigglypuff.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
entrance to subspace is a personal fave
the 3 backups the worst

Viperdev

Smash Apprentice
I read that the reason sonic came in out of nowhere was because he was 1 of the last chars to b added to brawl, and when they were finally done with him they were already almost done with the story mode so they just stuck him in last

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
I liked all the cutscenes except for the ones that introduced Sonic, Toon Link, Wolf and Jigglypuff. They shouldn't have just been thrown in like that.

Lustar

Smash Cadet
Ike's intro would be my favorite because when his sword appears his song starts. Also, he was the only one who could destroy a Subspace Bomb carried by the Ancient Minister.

To me, the worst intro movie was Jigglypuff's. It was a little random and lame.

InfernoAce

Smash Cadet
Link's intro was pretty cool to me.

The worst, though, was Peach and Zelda's. It wasn't awesome in any way at all. <___<

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
The Great Invasion cutscene

probably one of the best video game cut scenes ever

The Brigand

Smash Cadet
Best: Gotta go with Falco's. Sheik would be here if she actually did anything in her intro other than look mysterious and get giggled at by Peach.

Worst: Any introduction that exists solely to put emphasis on how awesome the next character will be.

Lucas being a coward*? It's done to make Ness look badass. Luigi being afraid of a Waddle Dee? Dedede looks awesome and villainous. Olimar not being able to handle a Giant R.O.B.? FALKONE PUNCH! Zelda and Peach? Backround characters for the main event (Mario and Kirby).

Granted the first two are in-character for them. Granted they're just Pikmin, and even they have a hard time with some of the bigger bugs in the Pikmin series. Granted Zelda is pretty much a non-action girl** and Peach exists pretty much to be captured. But still, it's pretty weak jobbing if you ask me.

*I'm aware this is actually two different scenes, but I count them as one anyways.
**Except when she's Sheik. Then she's even more badass than Falco.

Dangthatwasmyapendix

Smash Rookie
Bit of a random topic to revive but I just REALLY like Luigi's intro. Good 'ol banana mustache is one of, if not the Nintendo character with the most personality and his intro conveys that perfectly which I really appreciate as if you compare him to Mario. With him outside of the original game Smash never gets his personality so when that was continued in Subspace I was really worried they'd mess up Weegee's character but they ended up doing the opposite in every scene he's in he conveys so much character , even when he's a trophy!

As for the worst? Ice climbers, with all the other characters they do SOMETHING whether it's comic relief, pushing forward the 'story' or getting a cool action moment but the ice climbers do none of them

Top Bottom