• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Believe the Hype: A Marth Combo Video

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Meta Knight sucks at being a combo video. All his combo stuffs are like, the same.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Everything I do is an attempt to be a combo video.

This is why it never works, unless it does.
LOL, you can make a combo video just replaying your triple Fsmash over and over. I'd rate 5 stars.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Meta Knight sucks at being a combo video. All his combo stuffs are like, the same.
Couldn't we say the same about Melee Falco? It's like just variations involving SHFF lasers, dair, shine, bair and other amazing (but redundant) stuffz.

Or have I been misinformed?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Falco combo vids weren't very amazing unless the combos were done at a ridiculous speed.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Lol. XD

But seriously, combo vids are to show 70% luck and 30% skill (probably less but im feeling generous). In esscence, the purpose of a combo video is to entertain not educate, and this one happened to do just that.
They are made of 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and 100% reason to remember the name. Duh.

beenman

Smash Rookie
you've got awesome timing with the dair, and i always though that was a bad move...

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
i get hyped everytime i see this, unlike most of you, i appreciate real skill when i see it, you guys just like to spam about nothing while i at least have something constructive to offer, get off my back, im playing brawl!
not very constructive.

watch matches.

the offer the real thing.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
oh ok, then no hard feelings bra, i was just a little ticked off cause some melee people were trying to argue with me in another thread, but don't worry about it, it's not like i don't know that this doesn't happen ALL THE TIME, but im just saying i can now stop the falco from coming back that way ya know

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Epic Intro. Then I watched the video. Dair Spike. Dair Spike. Dair spike. Something new. Dair spike. Dair spike. Something interesting. Dair spike. LOL @ 4:07. Dair spike. Shield Breaking Syncing. Dair Spike.

You get my point. Overall, its an entertaining video, and I learned one or two things, but maaaan. Just like redemption, it got repetitive quiiiick.

Still nice. :D

garrR

Smash Apprentice
haha that was pretty good. you're amazing at connecting the d-air. i'm always too hesitant to use it in real matches cause i can never hit it.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Very nice video. Though that Falco needs to learn to not side b after being faired of the ledge at low percents. You killed him that way a good 15 times.

Hype

Smash Lord
Very nice video. Though that Falco needs to learn to not side b after being faired of the ledge at low percents. You killed him that way a good 15 times.
What could he have done? That's the problem with Space Animals (especially Falco), if they air dodge they end up below the stage and easy to edge hog. You'll notice that almost all if not all of the "ken combos" are Fairing falco after his 2nd jump.

The falco can only espcape that by DIing towards the blast zone and if he did that a tipper Fair would kill at a decently low percent. If falco has an option to get out of it, i don't know about it.

@everyone: Thanks for all the comments :)

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
oh ok, then no hard feelings bra, i was just a little ticked off cause some melee people were trying to argue with me in another thread, but don't worry about it, it's not like i don't know that this doesn't happen ALL THE TIME, but im just saying i can now stop the falco from coming back that way ya know
Yeah man. Its cool, its cool.

CY

Smash Ace
better be glad your local falco hasnt started camping(is bad...) =\

sigh...
lol yeah i'm that falco. no offence, but that falco you played was pretty bad... on one kill he just stood there and let you grab him at the egde to land the 0%-death.

that falco needs to play a lot safer against marth. -_-

anyway, pretty cool combo video.

Odigo

Smash Apprentice
Everything I do is an attempt to be a combo video.

This is why it never works, unless it does.
This.

I just kinda do stuff. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I would probably win more matches if I didn't just do stuff to try to look more awesome :chuckle:

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
who are you to criticize? are you any better? do you have any combo videos?
Combo videos do not prove anything about skill, so I can't tell, but I can say that Pierce is a very skilled player :)

That being said, there were too many spikes imo...kinda boring at some parts. I would have liked to see more Marth **** than just...dair **** lol GJ though :)

EDIT: Oh and I actually have seen Pierce play in person, and if you knew anything about the Marth boards you would know he's one of the most helpful, intelligent, and applied members of these fine forums

Top Bottom