• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Believe the Hype: A Marth Combo Video

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
That was pretty cool. Dairs on Falco, the first thing in the video when he respawned and just stood there....

I can see it now...."WHAT THE ****!" *Marth brushes hair*

The intro was nice too, ^^

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Lol the shield breakers at Onett were awesome.

As was the intro, nice job, but the spikes got a bit redundant, lol.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
That was some insane stuff, nice spikes against those Snakes, also I'm glad someone footstool>spikes whenever possible xD

Great Marth, but I'd love to see a few on-stage combos ;) your offstage is insane, and you really know what your doing (and I learned a bit from this) but wheres the on stage goodies xD I didn't see enough of it.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Your opponents blow.

Sorry, but any smart Falco will NEVER approach a Marth...especially near the edge and on block lol.
Furthermore most good Snakes make a consistent effort to at least semi-camp Marth.

That being said I liked the spikes and stuff, makes me think about learning footstool as it seems helpful against some characters (though not the people in your vid, especially MK...MKs should be ascending more intelligently than that, i.e. UAir spam + Drill Rush recovery). Also how the f*** do you get shieldbreaks off of 3/4 shields? Every time I do it they don't get broken and I get punished -_-

∫unk

Smash Master
Your opponents blow.

Sorry, but any smart Falco will NEVER approach a Marth...especially near the edge and on block lol.
Furthermore most good Snakes make a consistent effort to at least semi-camp Marth.

That being said I liked the spikes and stuff, makes me think about learning footstool as it seems helpful against some characters (though not the people in your vid, especially MK...MKs should be ascending more intelligently than that, i.e. UAir spam + Drill Rush recovery). Also how the f*** do you get shieldbreaks off of 3/4 shields? Every time I do it they don't get broken and I get punished -_-
ofc the opponent made bad choices and Hype had to do ill-advised things to pull it off.

This is why combo vids are made from silly friendlies.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
That was some insane stuff, nice spikes against those Snakes, also I'm glad someone footstool>spikes whenever possible xD

Great Marth, but I'd love to see a few on-stage combos ;) your offstage is insane, and you really know what your doing (and I learned a bit from this) but wheres the on stage goodies xD I didn't see enough of it.
what this guy said.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Woot another Marth Combo Video! Thanks for making this! I will definitely enjoy it :) And steal some of your moves and techniques, of course XD

Edit: after watching it... WTF HAXORZ EPIC BBQ!!! XD man that was awsome. Only things i didnt really like was how most of it was the same falco, and it was heavily on spikes. I'm not saying I didn't like it, it was GREAT, but I just expected more variety. I like how you synched the shield breakers with the claps in the music! and man... those grab release spikes. and all those NASTY SICK COMBOS. GOOD JOB. I can definitely tell you put a lot of time into this. And the intro. It's just... so original.

Good job I give you a 1337 out of 10 :) But one thing... I dont see how your video got a 4.5/5 :/ I never realized that you could spike so far up the slash during the dair, I should practice that more... it seems a lot easier.

Good job again :)

One last thing: what did you use to counter Falco's Side B? Was that normal jab?

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
ok fine, i don't care if you guys think you are so cool, i am still gonna get better
:laugh: Oh man this is too good. Ok, let me clairfy.....again. Combo vids only show very situational situations (ergo luck). Since you cannot master luck no matter how hard you study this video you wont make a whole lot of progress. The only thing i can see you taking away from this is better footstool dairing.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
If you really want to get better, watch vids of top players in real matches, combo videos will teach you how to play unsafely.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you really want to get better, watch vids of top players in real matches, combo videos will teach you how to play unsafely.
Everything I do is an attempt to be a combo video.

This is why it never works, unless it does.

Top Bottom