• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Being In Love/Advice

Binx

Smash Master
Haha what if you could just order your perfect partner online lolz. One happily ever after, speed delivery please!
People have a tendency to under appreciate what we don't earn, the same is true with dating, the woman has to feel like she earned you or she won't appreciate what you do for her. So remember guys, don't be too easy.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
People have a tendency to under appreciate what we don't earn, the same is true with dating, the woman has to feel like she earned you or she won't appreciate what you do for her. So remember guys, don't be too easy.
I'm a little too hard to get...too much work for the effort, in fact.

Rejected every girl that came my way for the last 2 years after the one girl I did like rejected me.

Need this time probably to improve myself to be good enough one day, haven't done a good job at that though

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I wouldn't have approached that way (through email and stuff), but to each his own I guess.

I'm sure it took some guts to write that though, and even more to send it.
I chose email because it was the least personal way possible, I guess.

And yeah, I avoided her for a few days after I did it. I felt alot better, though. No regrets!

Binx

Smash Master
@ DV - if you rejected girls that you didn't like thats fine, I don't think it will effect you too negatively except for the fact that that's 2 years of talking/dating/ and possibly sexing experience your never going to have now. It's okay to wait for what you want, but you need to accept some flaws otherwise you won't ever truly understand what you do want.

I'll use myself as an example again, after having dated a while I realize that my first girlfriend was completely wrong for me, but I didn't understand it at the time because I thought I loved her. I'd have stayed with her forever and probably been unhappy without understanding why. At least now I know there are certain traits I need a girl to have for me date them on a serious long term level, although a lot of girls are interesting/pretty enough to hang out with from time to time, life is all about developing connections.

Zook, it sounds like you are shy, try and figure out why that is and see if you can make yourself more comfortable around women. What helped me is just realizing that I AM an interesting person, I know enough about enough things to at least be entertaining no matter what they want to talk about, at the very worst you can try and ask probing questions, or get them on a subject your more knowledgeable about. EX: They start talking about makeup, you start talking about all of the time it takes for actors to get ready for parts and then move that to movies in general, if you watch a lot of movies then you should be able to keep it going for a bit. Thats a little extreme since its not likely a girl will talk about makeup but if you listen you should find some openings. Once again this is an area where practice really helps, with any girls, your friends moms, people on the bus, girls your not interested in, just about anyone.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
but its bad just to go around dating/hooking up with every girl just to

see if shes the one for you. it doesnt work that way.

i dont really know how to explain what im gonna say but basically

live your life, and like dont go to like a dating place to find a girl no no

i mean just go to your job, school, live your day normally.

the person your looking for will be there somewhere along the line.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm, interesting point Binx, I'll keep that in mind. :3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmmm that is a nihilistic question psycho asks. I'd tell you that you could try to tell yourself there's nothing special about love, but if you actually find it, you'd realize the difference. Nihilism can be overpowered by emotion.
Yes, I am nihilistic...

and you know what, it doesn't matter...

what the hell is love worth?

I will find satisfaction my own way, and that is now my choice.

and you know what? Over 9,000 now b*tches....

IC3R

Smash Lord
Yes, I am nihilistic... As long as you know...

and you know what, it doesn't matter... Alrighty...

what the hell is love worth? Everything...

I will find satisfaction my own way, and that is now my choice. As shall we...

and you know what? Over 9,000 now b*tches.... lawl...
To each his own. And my own -> My girl

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To each his own. And my own -> My girl
Love ain't worth that much when the girl you want, decides she wants girls

Edit:
Wait, why do I even care about HER, it's been 2 years...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, dying alone wouldn't be too bad....... I don't care whether I ever find a girl or not.
We all die alone anyway,

I just want to figure out why people care enough to get through the day for the rest of their lives

blayde_axel

Smash Master
We all die alone anyway,

I just want to figure out why people care enough to get through the day for the rest of their lives
Ironic. lol.

Possibly because they enjoy their days, waking up, breathing, doing things they like, being with people they love. You know, the "normal" stuff.

Of course we all die. But shouldn't you have fun while you're alive? (Which is why I hate the idea of going to school only to work for 40-something years, but hey, nothing's perfect, right?)

IC3R

Smash Lord
Possibly because they enjoy their days, waking up, breathing, doing things they like, being with people they love. You know, the "normal" stuff.

Of course we all die. But shouldn't you have fun while you're alive? (Which is why I hate the idea of going to school only to work for 40-something years, but hey, nothing's perfect, right?)
This post wins...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I got the point of this all, too bad there are currently no attractive girls in my life...

Where do I find one of 'em?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I think I got the point of this all, too bad there are currently no attractive girls in my life...

Where do I find one of 'em?
I had the same problem. Just look as hard as you're willing. And if you aren't willing to look that hard, then don't. I'm sure you're happy no matter what.

Because, really, "love" is a wonderful thing. But the stress that comes with it, that's not too fun. lol.

BTW, it depends also on what you mean by "attractive." IMO, intelligence and personality is attractive to me. I really don't care if you look like America's image of beauty; if you're a dumb bimbo, I'll never touch you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had the same problem. Just look as hard as you're willing. And if you aren't willing to look that hard, then don't. I'm sure you're happy no matter what.

Because, really, "love" is a wonderful thing. But the stress that comes with it, that's not too fun. lol.

BTW, it depends also on what you mean by "attractive." IMO, intelligence and personality is attractive to me. I really don't care if you look like America's image of beauty; if you're a dumb bimbo, I'll never touch you.
I seriously have no idea what I find attractive, it just seems to be random...also, rare...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I seriously have no idea what I find attractive, it just seems to be random...also, rare...
Haha. Well, just let it sneak up on you. Dunno if you care or not, but you'll find someone eventually.

If you can find a girl that's down-to-earth with a pessimistic view of the world, you might like that. That's my girlfriend, in a nut-shell. lol.

Binx

Smash Master
The best places depend on age, but here is a rundown 15-20 highschool/college try to make it to social events, concerts, dances, parties, after school stuff. after that grocery stores, bookstores, parks, malls, shops that sell things your interested in, sidewalks in busy districts, and lastly bars and clubs. Pretty much in that order, just watch a girl for a few seconds, make sure that if she looks at you that you give her a warm smile and DO NOT look away, either walk up to her and say something clever, or motion her over and say something clever, use your best judgement to decide when each is appropriate.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Says the person who's never experienced it lolz. I think pineapple pizza tastes bad.....but I've never tried it.

MuBa

Smash Lord
I've experienced love for the first time when I was 14. I had a perfect girlfriend and we had sooo much in common but unfortunately after spring break of that semester she died of a car accident.

Haven't found anyone else since then. I even got obsessed towards some dumb bitch who wasn't even my type. Lol so much for desperation. I'm sure everyone ended up in a one-itis once in their life.

Love, who needs it...Fuck love.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
this world is full of guys that are just out to get laid. and that pisses me off.
I'm so glad there is somebody else in the world that thinks like me!!

I hate it when guys just want girlfriends just to get laid, makes me sick!

Me? I've never had a girlfriend

but i have been in love

later i might post the whole story ;-)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I haven't tried it and I know I don't like it. I know how pineapples taste, and I know how pizza tastes. Now, I have tryed a Vegetable Pizza by mistake, and that sucked, to my dismay. So, I'll assume that a pinneapple pizza wouldn't be good for me, because it would be to fruity.

With love, I wouldn't know anything about it. I might like it or not. :3

Binx

Smash Master
You need to add the ham too, I dunno, I can't think of a toping I don't like on pizza, even if I don't like it on other things, but I love pineapple anyways. Back on topic though, I'm not saying that I go sleeping around, I'm not having sex with them and then just leaving them or anything, but just so you know everyone wants to have sex, if they say they don't they are lying, some want to wait until marriage, or get to know you really well, but they WANT to have sex.

You can't really love a person fully until you know if you are physically compatible. The girl I'm dating right now is pretty good in bed but there is something on an emotional level that's missing, I told her that and she said she thought the same thing, and that we should see other people but she is fine with the idea of hanging out as friends and having sex until one of us is in a relationship.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
You need to add the ham too, I dunno, I can't think of a toping I don't like on pizza, even if I don't like it on other things, but I love pineapple anyways. Back on topic though, I'm not saying that I go sleeping around, I'm not having sex with them and then just leaving them or anything, but just so you know everyone wants to have sex, if they say they don't they are lying, some want to wait until marriage, or get to know you really well, but they WANT to have sex.

You can't really love a person fully until you know if you are physically compatible. The girl I'm dating right now is pretty good in bed but there is something on an emotional level that's missing, I told her that and she said she thought the same thing, and that we should see other people but she is fine with the idea of hanging out as friends and having sex until one of us is in a relationship.
That's not very important...

Blackadder

Smash Master
That's not very important...
It's still a very natural part of adult life, however.
Assuming you're still 14 or something, as you get older, you'll find the urges become different. For a lot of people, sex stops being fully about pleasure, and a way to express love to your partner in a really intimate way.

... Or just pleasure, y'know. Whichever floats your boat.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
No one seems to mention how much love can hurt sometimes. I've got a story out of this world, but I don't have the time to get into it right now. When in a relationship, you don't need to change your whole life because of that relationship. What I mean by that is make sure you have a leg to stand on in case something goes shockingly wrong. Do not give up your school or work goals in order to make her happy. Also, do not expect to be able to depend on them for finances, possesions, etc, if they're better off than you are.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
No one seems to mention how much love can hurt sometimes. I've got a story out of this world, but I don't have the time to get into it right now. When in a relationship, you don't need to change your whole life because of that relationship. What I mean by that is make sure you have a leg to stand on in case something goes shockingly wrong. Do not give up your school or work goals in order to make her happy. Also, do not expect to be able to depend on them for finances, possesions, etc, if they're better off than you are.
Meh, I for one believe that being in love can be one of the worst and best feelings at the same time, depending on the situation.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
ive been saying that love can give you the happiest joy,

and the worst pain since the first post guys lol

and i dont think having casual sex with someone your not dating is right.

i mean one day you might find a girl who wont want much with you cuz

youve had sex with so many other girls.

i myself being a guy did not want to date anyone who wasnt a virgin.

i didnt wanna be where someone else had been, you know.

thats just me but hey. like Blackadder said, whatever floats your boat

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
I want to say, love is the most unwieldy emotion ever possible. Too much rush. If people were ever smart about anything they would avoid love. But, ignorance is bliss, and people that are too inquisitive for their own right become pessimists. I take love seriously, by a clever and more readied approach. Timing is important to get the right girl. Do whatever to help to a point. Be yourself, because if you act like something else the girl may not like you.

Whatever. I go by what Barney Stinson's Platinum Rule and "never, ever, ever, ever ,ever , ever, ever, ever, ever, ever love your neighbor." Misanthropy is a gift I shall exercise to my highest benefits. Now, I want debate.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
if you find a girl you care about so much,

why wouldnt you change yourself to make things better between you too?

i mean, i know i did it. and i never regret it. being yourself is not always the best thing.

you wont always find someone who loves you for who you are.

but if you want them, make them love you for who you will become, who

your willing to change into. my girl made me a much better person. and i can say

that for a fact. im a much better person.

i can see your highly educated and you like to quote people and use big words

but im sexy. so bring on the debate.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Love, eh?

I find that... a hard thing to grasp. I've never "gone out" with someone. Never. Not in middle school/junior high/whatever-you-want-to-call-it, not in high school, never.

Right now to even think about it is a headache, cause just TOLERATING people in general is almost impossible. As I walk to my classes every day, I... I don't see people, I just see a bunch of potential soul-sucking leeches. Even right now as I'm typing this that's what I imagine my audience to be: just a bunch of soul-sucking leeches that are just waiting for this particular post, just waiting to reduce my existence to nothing, just waiting to prove that yes, I'm stupid, I'm n00bish, that I shouldn't have even made this post, that anything I could possibly say or do amounts to absolutely nothing.

So I see the concept of "love" as a total myth right now. Something that's only possible among those that are completely immune to having their soul stripped out of them, stomped on, and then handed back to them in the worst condition ever.

So... why are people in general like this? That... is just something the bothers me. My one possible last link to people, Super Smash Bros Brawl, is... quite literally, smashed to pieces. I want it back. But it seems like it's too late: the illusion is gone now, and I realize that... no, I can't play with anyone I want because of the "No, scrub, go back to the sandpile" kind of mentality. That'd be fine and all... but I've even got the scrubs in the "sandpile" telling me the same thing. So where do I go from there? I have no idea, and I've derailed my post with that little rant. I apologize.

So... for me, love is completely unreachable right now. I'd have to learn to live with people, but so far, in my 19 (almost 20) years of living I've had no luck. It's both frustrating and depressing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm 18 dude, almost 19. (this month) and trust me, I am no soul sucker, and I liked no girl at school. Only a few, and I KNEW when I liked one. They were mostly taken anyways.

No, its not too late for you! Keep on playing Brawl, don't listen to negative comments, go on! I play both Melee and Brawl, although I'd prefer Melee. ;3

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Love, eh?

I find that... a hard thing to grasp. I've never "gone out" with someone. Never. Not in middle school/junior high/whatever-you-want-to-call-it, not in high school, never.

Right now to even think about it is a headache, cause just TOLERATING people in general is almost impossible. As I walk to my classes every day, I... I don't see people, I just see a bunch of potential soul-sucking leeches. Even right now as I'm typing this that's what I imagine my audience to be: just a bunch of soul-sucking leeches that are just waiting for this particular post, just waiting to reduce my existence to nothing, just waiting to prove that yes, I'm stupid, I'm n00bish, that I shouldn't have even made this post, that anything I could possibly say or do amounts to absolutely nothing.

So I see the concept of "love" as a total myth right now. Something that's only possible among those that are completely immune to having their soul stripped out of them, stomped on, and then handed back to them in the worst condition ever.

So... why are people in general like this? That... is just something the bothers me. My one possible last link to people, Super Smash Bros Brawl, is... quite literally, smashed to pieces. I want it back. But it seems like it's too late: the illusion is gone now, and I realize that... no, I can't play with anyone I want because of the "No, scrub, go back to the sandpile" kind of mentality. That'd be fine and all... but I've even got the scrubs in the "sandpile" telling me the same thing. So where do I go from there? I have no idea, and I've derailed my post with that little rant. I apologize.

So... for me, love is completely unreachable right now. I'd have to learn to live with people, but so far, in my 19 (almost 20) years of living I've had no luck. It's both frustrating and depressing.
i think everyone is useless except for my girl so i kinda see what you mean.

but like nah man, theres a girl for you and you wont like anyone else but her

and youll have the same opinion except youll exclude your girl.

it'll happen to you.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I want to say, love is the most unwieldy emotion ever possible. Too much rush. If people were ever smart about anything they would avoid love. But, ignorance is bliss, and people that are too inquisitive for their own right become pessimists. I take love seriously, by a clever and more readied approach. Timing is important to get the right girl. Do whatever to help to a point. Be yourself, because if you act like something else the girl may not like you.

Whatever. I go by what Barney Stinson's Platinum Rule and "never, ever, ever, ever ,ever , ever, ever, ever, ever, ever love your neighbor." Misanthropy is a gift I shall exercise to my highest benefits. Now, I want debate.
Ignorance can be bliss, but I'm one of those "enlightenment" kinda people. While love can be heartbreaking, it's MUCH better to have jumped into it at least once in your life. You gotta experiment with life. test things, try things. Scary things can be **** rewarding. Pain is a part of growing, really.

And I'm a misanthrope too. While most people blow **** like no tommorow, there are some real CHAMPIONS out there. And some of them are girls. Try love, find a cool girl. Suddenly love becomes a much nicer thing, dig?

Top Bottom