• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
That's fine, I'm just saying if you guys are going to put me 9th place cause you're only basing off tournaments instead of how good people actually are at the game, then don't even bother me with that list until more tournaments come up, I'll beat half the people above me in tournament if I go July 4th.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Sup robbie :O **** been a while, well tims gotten a lot better. But people are putting him above me cause he attends more tournaments. Anyway no offense tim. I just think the way the PR is being managed is poop on a stick.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was able to as well. But no johns, I guess lol.

IMO Eric is just as good as Tony, but since Tony performed better, he should be second. If it counts for anything, the minitourney at Roby's, Eric beat Tony too (after I did). I'm just waiting for John, Eric, and Adam's opinions then this mother's changing. We can change it again next month before Genesis.

CrackHead

Smash Journeyman
lol roby..."But either way i havent played Roby for like a year " so im sorry if I base it off only tourneys, cuz well thats the only time i actually see you..

you know we dont judge off of tournament attendance, thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard-.- and you know for faact we dont do that.(panelist)

dieslow

Smash Ace
"IMO Eric is just as good as Tony, but since Tony performed better, he should be second"

that is flawed and really bad panelist thinking IMO

Diakonos

Smash Lord
"IMO Eric is just as good as Tony, but since Tony performed better, he should be second"

that is flawed and really bad panelist thinking IMO
I was under the impression that we went by the criteria listed in the first page.

You didn't address the rest of my posts-- selective reading... but here's the thing, I don't think many other people will agree with you, so I don't think I need to give my own reasons. Results are what matter, not "i think bob is still better lulz". What more do you need besides me 3stocking Eric twice and me 2-0ing you? What about beating Kage with Fox? 3-stocking ranked Cali players? Come on, the PR doesn't say I'm better than you, it says I performed better than you. And that is the case.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
LMAO Kage ftw

LMAO VA 'one year ago' that sounds so dumb hahaha

Diakonos for #1 for sure.
That isn't the first or last time I'll say that :p

Eric is good too haha

EXTREEEEEEEEM!!!!

dieslow

Smash Ace
address what? adderall? what is wrong with that? or the fact u both beat me in a free tourney?

u did outperform me and eric, but not by much... tourney results are important but ur giving them too much weight .+2 jump for beating the people u beat in the bracket doesnt make u 1st to me + eric imo.

u only placed 2 spots higher, 3 stocking twice DEHF was nice though, idk how beating kage with FOX is relevant, either u beat him or u didnt.

using ur logic tim > john + carl cause they lost to him in the last tourney.

tim = 5th then since he outperformed adam

see how that doesn't work?

and its not rock paper scissors, im da bomb

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
then why did you lose? lol

LAST time it was updated, it was based off a tourney and a mm where you beat eric, even though eric consistantly proved to be at LEAST equal to you many times over. Even to this day.

1 tourney makes a difference there but not here?
manli now won 2 smashfestytourneythingiez in a row. Counts for more than that ^^^

Diakonos

Smash Lord
address what? adderall? what is wrong with that? or the fact u both beat me in a free tourney?

u did outperform me and eric, but not by much... tourney results are important but ur giving them too much weight .+2 jump for beating the people u beat in the bracket doesnt make u 1st to me + eric imo.

u only placed 2 spots higher, 3 stocking twice DEHF was nice though, idk how beating kage with FOX is relevant, either u beat him or u didnt.

using ur logic tim > john + carl cause they lost to him in the last tourney.

tim = 5th then since he outperformed adam

see how that doesn't work?

Hey man, if you're going to get upset, I can make whole entire PR thread for you where you are spots 1-10. I think I'm just being unclear.

Spots 1-3 are quite close. I don't think anyone contests that. Because it is so close, it is very easy to let bias slip through and take away from the credibility of the rankings. That's why I'm saying (since it is so close) that results and results alone should determine ranking, not who randomjoebob thinks is the best because randomjoebob thinks he is the bomb. Does that make sense? If you truly are better, than of course you will perform better sooner or later (and with some consistency), and you'll be there again. This PR is never set in stone.

You keep making this "+2 jump" thing as though it's a big deal. However many spots I jumped isn't what matters, it's the relative skill there. I only really had to perform better to show that I pulled away from you, even if it's just a tiny bit because we were all relatively close. Now, if Adam jumped from 5th to 3rd, that would be a big "+2 jump" because the relative skill difference would be significantly greater. Does that make sense?

I don't think you understand my logic. I didn't say X beat Y so X is better. That's what you're making it seem-- when in reality what I'm saying is that beating Y gives X credibility... especially if it was so obvious a win. By the way, Tim didn't outperform Adam at TP2. Let's not oversimplify things. Eric, list plz, Adam, list plz. Tim, list plz.

dieslow

Smash Ace
what makes u think im upset.. no need for u to make faagot@ss remarks like that, i was legitimately explaining why i thought ur logic was flawed. honestly if everyone else thinks ur 1st then no big deal i stand alone in my opinion.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
OK my list!

1. Diakonos
2. Dieslow
3. Eric
4. John
5. Ryan
6. Adam
7. Roby
8. Patooty
9. Sion
10. Evan

Diakonos for first because.. he played too good at TP and top 3 are so close in skill that tournament results are what matter for 1st, 2nd and 3rd!

John played awesome and deserves 4th for sure

Ryan pwns

Adam pwns

Roby Pwns and needs more credit for his hard work on his smashing!

Tiep is good

Sion is ****

Evan is good

Patooty

Smash Ace
people wantin' ranks for pre-genesis boasting! haha......

I will WRECKKK anyone on the list. I feel m2k's influence still in this region.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I think tony can **** anyone pretty hard if he knows how to play them, but manuel can pick up on players OOS a little quicker.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
what makes u think im upset.. no need for u to make faagot@ss remarks like that, i was legitimately explaining why i thought ur logic was flawed. honestly if everyone else thinks ur 1st then no big deal i stand alone in my opinion.
Alright dude, perhaps the calm tone of your real-life demeanor is lost in online text. The Dieslow PR thread was just a joke. I'll consider your MM, depending on whether I have a job by then lol. Sounds like a possibility though.
OK my list!

1. Diakonos
2. Dieslow
3. Eric
4. John
5. Ryan
6. Adam
7. Roby
8. Tim
9. Patooty
10. Sion

Diakonos for first because.. he played too good at TP and top 3 are so close in skill that tournament results are what matter for 1st, 2nd and 3rd!

John played awesome and deserves 4th for sure

Ryan pwns

Adam pwns

Roby Pwns and needs more credit for his hard work on his smashing!

Tiep is good

Sion is ****

Evan is good
Fixed. Can we agree on this?
people wantin' ranks for pre-genesis boasting! haha......

I will WRECKKK anyone on the list. I feel m2k's influence still in this region.
Actually, my favourite part of the whole tournament was watching m2k 3 and 4 stock people in friendlies. I feel like there's a whole other dimension of spacing with Marth and I've been missing out.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's not spacing, Manuel.. it's ultimate precision lol. M2K's precision of attacks is out of this world lol. And ya.. of course his spacing is amazing, you need that to be good.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
4 Panelists
3 Explinations
10 Power Rankings
4 Honourable Mentions
THEN BAM!!! >>>> "death by Pikachu awaits the poor bloke who instigates mayhem"

It's STILL the best part of BC Melee PR lol

Edit: lol coquitlam!
step it up!

Edit edit: Change Rampage to Yakal, then it won't matter what his account is XD

Edit edit edit: Noobking panelist?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Whenever I see "Tahsis", I think "Tarsus", as in, "Paul of Tarsus".

Yakal, Sion, could you guys give me a call? 778 three twenty-two 52 sixty one.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
If you guys are smashing today I DEFINETLY want in. Let me know where or when. I'll probably start calling people in a bit anywho. Can't do it at my place though.

EDIT: What ever happened to our facebook thread for discussing PR? I didn't even know this had been updated until recently. That's not very professional... >__>

Top Bottom