• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

unityole

Smash Lord
imo just from past smashfests and results, taking TS3 result into consideration, Eric above Tony, hands UP

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I still dont get the Adam above me.
I do exceptionally well in doubles and I do good in singles as well.
I beat Ryan 2-0 in Pools and make him work for his kills.
Beat Adam 3-0 in money match quite easily I might add.
Last SFU I went to I got 2nd next to Eric and go pretty much even with Eric. (Also beat Adam there)
Crew Battles we do I take more then my share of stocks.
Im sure my matches with Manuel have always been even.
and I usually take tony to last match.

If people think are skills in singles are about even then shouldnt my doubles exp do FAR better then his therefore give
me the edge on the rankings? I also think im a lot smarter.
If your holding me from going up because I lost to Tim then thats kinda sad. Pretty sure Tim beat Carl in that same tourney as well and was on a roll. Im betting if Adam had to face Tim in that tourney he would have lost even worse then I did.

I just dont get it.

1) Tony
2) Eric
3) Diakonos
4) Ryan
5) John
6) Adam
7) Tiep/adam
8) Tim/Tiep
9) Sion
10) Evan
I agree with this list the most.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
John, while I agree that you're definitely getting back to the level you were before, I don't think you're quite there. I wouldn't be surprised if within a month you give everyone a run for their money. This is evidenced by your quick climb back to greatness in doubles matches.

I think for this update we were thinking in regards to tournament results. Thus far, Adam did place 5th which is quite good. He has also been playing well. A few SFU's ago, he even beat Tony, iirc. I think that since it's summer, this list will be updated quite often, so one spot above or below someone else doesn't mean much, since they are so close anyway.

I'm not sure how your matches with other people are, but I don't think it's fair to say we go even. I've only really played you in friendlies, and in those I had the advantage pretty handily. No one was severely beating anyone, of course, but that isn't expected since the top 5 or so are all quite good.

TL;DR: Of course it's close, and performance has been decent, but given TS3 tournament results in singles, I think it's fair to keep Adam there, until another tournament takes place. We all understand that one spot above or below doesn't mean too much. I would be surprised if you weren't top 3 quite soon.

The tentative list?

Tony
Eric
Manuel
Ryan
Adam
John
Tiep
Tim
Evan RODRIGUEZ
Evan Watkins

For below: Typo. Sorry Tiep.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
I agree with the following list..

1. Tony
2. Eric
3. Manuel
4. Ryan
5. Adam
6. John
7. Tiep
8. Tim
9. Sion
10. Evan Watkins

I think next tournament though and whoever is going to Tourney Play (that big tourney in Washington) we will have a better idea of where John and some other players are for sure..

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I agree with the following list..

1. Tony
2. Eric
3. Manuel
4. Ryan
5. Adam
6. John
7. Tiep
8. Tim
9. Sion
10. Evan Watkins

I think next tournament though and whoever is going to Tourney Play (that big tourney in Washington) we will have a better idea of where John and some other players are for sure..
Alright, this is pretty unanimous. It will be updated now.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I had the advantage pretty handily.
Lol I dont remember this at all. Especially the night before where we were definately going even in our Sheik vs Marth/Fox matches. Even in the crew battle if you had an "advantage pretty handily" you would have taken more then 1 of my stocks? Sure you only had 2 stocks but with an advantage that big you surely could have taken more then 1. No?

A few SFU's ago, he even beat Tony
Rofl... and I havent?

Diakonos

Smash Lord

Lol I dont remember this at all. Especially the night before where we were definately going even in our Sheik vs Marth/Fox matches. Even in the crew battle if you had an "advantage pretty handily" you would have taken more then 1 of my stocks? Sure you only had 2 stocks but with an advantage that big you surely could have taken more then 1. No?

Rofl... and I havent?
Dude I'm trying to keep it impersonal. In the morning we were, but I was playing more for fun. I think you'll remember that in the evening I was winning more matches than not. Either way, I don't think that's a valid occasion for judgment of skill-- yours or mine.

The crew battle is a different occasion. I just about took off a second stock, IIRC, but of course I wouldn't deny that you did a good job. I'm not saying you're bad or anything, of course I think you're good. But I seriously think that given recent tournament results, your advantage over Adam is not concrete, and since we have more to judge from for Adam recently. I think he's played well and merited that spot-- not that there's much of a skill difference at ALL within 1 PR spot. You see, this PR doesn't measure potential, or how good I think you are. It measures what we've seen. And since you started playing with us just recently, I've not had much to see, and there's only really been one major tournament since. Adam did well in this tournament, and that's why most people have him there on their lists.

It is invalid to suggest that Adam probably would have lost to Daltsy. I would be surprised if that happened, but even if I thought so, I'd have no real proof of that so I wouldn't even suggest it. Mind you, I wouldn't dream for a second that he'd beat you, so my opinion goes out the window right there.

It's really not a big deal, and I already made it clear that I can easily see you moving way up there by next update man. It's not "how good could so and so be". It's "how good did so and so do in the last tournament or so, compared to others". I hope that kinda makes sense, and I certainly desire no hurt feelings bro.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Your talking about Adam recently but IIRC the last tourney we went to or was in vancouver was the one at SFU where I beat almost everyone there.

I havent just started playing recently... I have been going to SFU's its just you leave during singles. The only one I didnt go to recently was the one where you and Sion teamed?

And if its an invalid judgement of our skills then you shouldnt have said you have a "handily advantage" over me.

Didnt know PR is based on a single tournament.

Doesnt matter cause im quitting right after Genesis but just curious as to why Adam above me.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
When manli had 2 stocks left in crews and I had to play him, he didn't even take 1 stock off.

So me for > manuel on PR?

;) hahahah silly suggestion

yayayayayayyay genesis with johns

dieslow

Smash Ace
who cares guys, u guys are arguing over nothing.
what's really important is who is number 1, and that is me, good day.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
The way I see it, there are two groups to a player.

- Who's the better smasher
- Who's the better Competitor

I mean Eric has been playing for a long time, and knows the game in and out.
But Tony is incredibly consistent competition wise.

And vice versa both players excel to. I hate how EVERY type of player not just smash is judged on his mentality over his actual skill. But that's just how it is I guess.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
mentality is also important, like if you always choke(like me >_<) it's going to hurt you.

but I don't know if that's what you meant.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Your talking about Adam recently but IIRC the last tourney we went to or was in vancouver was the one at SFU where I beat almost everyone there.

I havent just started playing recently... I have been going to SFU's its just you leave during singles. The only one I didnt go to recently was the one where you and Sion teamed?

And if its an invalid judgement of our skills then you shouldnt have said you have a "handily advantage" over me.

Didnt know PR is based on a single tournament.

Doesnt matter cause im quitting right after Genesis but just curious as to why Adam above me.
Okay, well I'm not fond of taking adversarial roles as much as proper discussion. I'm not here to bicker, just offering my thoughts.

I was talking about Adam's performance in the last 3 or so months. Even during the period of time you were away he really improved his Falcon and really started making a presence among the top players. Maybe I'm wrong, but according to me you've only really been back in smash for the past 2 or so months. And since then, I think you're just about as good as you were before, which is really good. I think that when you take tournaments into consideration, both you and Adam have done well, so taking this last tournament (which we would agree has far more weight than any other recent tournaments), it makes sense that Adam takes that spot for now.

And in terms of the smash we had that night, I wasn't the one who brought it up initially -- it was you by saying that you go "even" with me. Since I didn't play you in tournament at all, you are presumably referring to that occasion. Right? Again, I'm making no judgment of your skill as a player, I'm just trying to refer to what I've seen.

I'm sorry to hear you're quitting after Genesis, but I hope you have a great time there and that you really rep us well. I don't doubt that by then you will really change opinions about you. The PR does not say SO AND SO IS BETTER THAN SO AND SO FOREVER AND IT'S WRITTEN IN STONE. It simply reflects recent tournament performance. Notice also that I'm not the only advocate for Adam there. I've repeatedly said it's really close. I think the problem is that you have negligible cognizance of Adam's skill as a player, so when you compare yourself for him, you feel as though I'm saying you're bad. No, you're really good. Just Adam actually has been doing really well too.

I hope I'm being clear and non-offensive. Are you going to Washington?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I should/could have beaten tony at TS3, I think that's not being taken into consideration at all. Our matches were very close and Tony recognizes that I'm a threat to him when I'm playing good like that. (****ing SD's)

all johnz aside... john u beat me in a money match... the last few times prior i've beaten you in sets and what not. Also, I placed higher than u in singles.

Ryan you also got lucky ;) and beat me at TS3. I think ryan above me is fair... anyone else besides the obvious, I disagree with.

1. Tony
2. Eric
3. Ryan
4. Adam
5. John
6. Tim
7. Tiep/Sion
8. Tiep/sion
9. Yakal/Evan
10. Yakal/Evan

dieslow

Smash Ace
i'll lay 2:1 odds against anyone who wants to MM.

ex; so if i win = $5
if u win = $10

sound GG ? (does not apply to eric, he gets 1:1 odds lawl)

dieslow

Smash Ace
well u only have to win 50% of the time to win $, so anyone who thinks they can win 50% of the time against me should auto-accept amirite

Patooty

Smash Ace
Change it to:

Best of 3 except I only have to win 1 game out of the set. $5 for $5.

It's still 2:1 so you should accept rittteee??????????????

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I should/could have beaten tony at TS3, I think that's not being taken into consideration at all. Our matches were very close and Tony recognizes that I'm a threat to him when I'm playing good like that. (****ing SD's)

all johnz aside... john u beat me in a money match... the last few times prior i've beaten you in sets and what not. Also, I placed higher than u in singles.
Ummmmmmmm I took Tony to 3rd match and should/could have beaten him too if I didnt SD.
Last few times I remember me beating you. The last time I remember you beating me was the 2nd tourney at the SFU where it was 2 tourneys in 1 day where I was leaving early so didnt care for the 2nd tourney.
Remember? The one where Eric replaced Clouderz in that one tourney and the same tourney where I had a broken controller and the one where I took 2nd.
Before that was a really long time ago because Jack didnt host any smashfest and was pissed iirc.
I also recall the SFU tourney a few months back where we got kicked out and played in the hallway where I was beating you so bad you forfeit in the middle of the 3rd match of the best of 5 by pausing and quitting.

So yeah im pretty sure in the last 3 months I have outplaced Adam in every single SFU that we both went to.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
well u only have to win 50% of the time to win $, so anyone who thinks they can win 50% of the time against me should auto-accept amirite
I'll do it, for all the MM's I called out in the other thread?

When are you available to smash? Maybe at a smashfest at Byuusan, so we can have commentary too, lol? Adam was good =]

Metà

Smash Master

Ryan you also got lucky ;) and beat me at TS3. I think ryan above me is fair... anyone else besides the obvious, I disagree with.

1. Tony
2. Eric
3. Ryan
4. Adam
5. John
6. Tim
7. Tiep/Sion
8. Tiep/sion
9. Yakal/Evan
10. Yakal/Evan
Where's Manuel on this list? And I'm definitely better than Yakal, even he'll agree with that. He's getting really good though, he'll probably pass me soon if I don't step it up.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
Not too long ago, like a few weeks ago I'd agree that he was definitely better than I
However, recently I'm starting to think otherwise.
Right now I can't put up a reasonable argument since evan has a better tournament record but I'll just have to prove myself next tourney I guess

sad fiac @ having to prove stuff

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Its funny Adam when you say, You shoud/could have beaten Tony but john'd about SD's. But if you watch the video... Tony killed himself on purpose to make it even for you and you still lost 0-2. So.... if he thought you were a threat he wouldnt have jumped off. He was pretty much taunting you that he knew he could have won for sure.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Where's Manuel on this list? And I'm definitely better than Yakal, even he'll agree with that. He's getting really good though, he'll probably pass me soon if I don't step it up.
Not too long ago, like a few weeks ago I'd agree that he was definitely better than I
However, recently I'm starting to think otherwise.
Right now I can't put up a reasonable argument since evan has a better tournament record but I'll just have to prove myself next tourney I guess

sad fiac @ having to prove stuff
Hey, remember me and Matt ****** both of you yesterday? Good times... good cake... all four of us should be off the PR.

Top Bottom