• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Bwmat

Smash Ace
supposedly evan went to whistler for the weekend...

Probably took his laptop lol

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Well no one bothered to ask me for my name. That's what happens when a new smasher comes in, I guess.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I don't know about Eric-Tony. Matches were really close, but I had a harder time against Eric (probably cuz I play him all the time though...). What did others think?

1) Eric/Tony
2) Eric/Tony
3) Diakonos
4) Ryan
5) Adam/John
6) Adam/John
7) Timothy
8) Sion
9) Tiep
10) Evan?

This based off tournament performance off of TS3. Discuss/**** me.

Patooty

Smash Ace
you want on the list again? :p

Tony vs Eric

Tony is better against Fox/Falco than Eric, pretty hands down. Eric is better against floaties, but Tony is still good enough that he can beat floaties, and this isn't a major disadvantage against him. Tony being better against spacies is a major advantage FOR him since a large percentage of players, including Eric, are spacies.

Even watching Eric vs Tony at UBC where Tony lost, I felt that Tony stepped up his game just too little too late, and had he not been dumb he couldve won that. But he still lost so I didn't say anything (no johnz right?). This time he did what I thought he could and ***** in falco dittos. Also, Tony was able to beat anyone else at the tournament.
(ie. it wasn't the case where he had to avoid certain people in brackets if he hoped to advance)
I think only Eric and Tony are in that boat.

So yeah, the way I see it, Eric and Tony are 1st and 2nd for sure, with Tony holding the advantage.

Also, how'd I get 9th on your list? LOLLLZZZ
Pretty sure it was cause the only match you saw me play was that crews match.

dieslow

Smash Ace
Im pretty confident im the best and will money match anyone if they think they can take me =] (looking at YOU ERIC lets do that $100 MM we were talking about awhile ago lol)

1) Tony
2) Eric
3) Diakonos
4) Ryan
5) Adam/John
6) Adam/John
7) Tiep
8) Tim
9) Sion
10) Evan

i dont know about adam/john, IMO john is really good at doubles but in singles i don't know who takes it.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Im pretty confident im the best and will money match anyone if they think they can take me =] (looking at YOU ERIC lets do that $100 MM we were talking about awhile ago lol)

1) Tony
2) Eric
3) Diakonos
4) Ryan
5) Adam/John
6) Adam/John
7) Tiep
8) Tim
9) Sion
10) Evan

i dont know about adam/john, IMO john is really good at doubles but in singles i don't know who takes it.
Alright Tony let's do that $100 MM now best out of 7 (or more?) and for who's best in BC! If you beat me in the MM I will automatically admit your better then me and will accept you as best in BC obviously. DEAL?

Well I might as well make a list while I'm at it haha

1) Eric/Tony (1/2) after the MM I will make my FINAL DECISION YOUR MINE DIESLOW!)
2) Eric/Tony
3) Diakonos
4) Ryan
5) Adam/John (It's close between 5 + 6...)
6) Adam/John
7) Tiep
8) Tim
9) Sion
10) Evan

I think another tournament is needed or something to make a more concrete list..

Patooty

Smash Ace
Jimb doesn't have enough experience and is bad against all the top tier characters... i don't think he's that high yet.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Jimb doesn't have enough experience and is bad against all the top tier characters... i don't think he's that high yet.
Who's Jimb? Sounds frightening.

Tiep, I also saw your matches against your bro, brah. I only put Tim above you because he really performed this tournament, and he proved himself. I lost to Carl, for example, at CAST4 just after having beat Eggz. So that's quite a feat. Beating John is good too. Also, it was the consensus on the Facebook thread to have Sion above you for now too. It only really seems low because John and I are back on the list. Note that Roby was dropped from the list, and Yakal was ousted out.

I would keep Eric above Dieslow until the MM, but I really saw Tony step it up and it was nice.

Patooty

Smash Ace
LoL... fine then next time i'll just forfeit against Ryan. I played for the sake of playing, I didn't care for that match.

I beat Sion in brackets 2-0.
I played Tim in friendlies tooo... I didn't get owned :laugh::laugh: Ask Tim. Although.. basing off this tourney alone, I don't blame you for putting Tim above me. Although... observe the others' lists :)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
LoL... fine then next time i'll just forfeit against Ryan. I played for the sake of playing, I didn't care for that match.

I beat Sion in brackets 2-0.
I played Tim in friendlies tooo... I didn't get owned :laugh::laugh: Ask Tim. Although.. basing off this tourney alone, I don't blame you for putting Tim above me. Although... observe the others' lists :)
Lol well that's why we have a committee, so my wrong opinions aren't the only ones represented. I don't doubt that you could beat Ryan, I wouldn't ever suggest you forfeit against him. I didn't.

Patooty

Smash Ace
What I'm saying is.... that match against Ryan. I would have lost no matter what. That's the way that match was going to go down. But if people are gonna watch it and judge off that, then the next time I feel like losing, I won't even play.

I wouldn't be forfeiting because I think it's hopeless, if that's what you were implying :p

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Based off of one tourney, why don't you just go with the tourney results?

1. Eric (he's a league above BC, seriously, he sandbagged his *** off eggz style at the end of that tourney too, just look at the last few months, it's obvious what the truth about his skillz is)
2. Manuel/Tony (tony won the last tourney and manuel does better against nearly everyone in general, even though they didn't play they're both easy contenders for the next best in BC)
3. Tony/Manuel (get *****)
4. Ryan/Adam (tied for sure, everything is sooooooo close between them and soooooo close relative to how well they do against others, adam close to tony, ryan close to manuel, always)
5. Adam/Ryan (get *****)
6. Tim/John (one vet that knows his stuff and is getting back into it so he's excelling, the other is new and reaching that level and still excelling, dead even comes down to who WILL be better)
7. John/Tim (get *****)
8. Tiep/Sion (I never got to see Sion play his full game cause he went Falcon on me and choked when I saw him but I heard he's ****, Tiep is just smart and of course good all round so tie)
9. Sion/Tiep (get *****)
10. ...... nobody?
LOLOL

BC has hella good melee

BC

Patooty

Smash Ace
FYI if you're gonna go off tourney results alone, tony should be first for not losing a single set.

edit: and winning doubles

CrackHead

Smash Journeyman
Based off of one tourney, why don't you just go with the tourney results?

1. Eric (he's a league above BC, seriously, he sandbagged his *** off eggz style at the end of that tourney too, just look at the last few months, it's obvious what the truth about his skillz is)
2. Manuel/Tony (tony won the last tourney and manuel does better against nearly everyone in general, even though they didn't play they're both easy contenders for the next best in BC)
3. Tony/Manuel (get *****)
4. Ryan/Adam (tied for sure, everything is sooooooo close between them and soooooo close relative to how well they do against others, adam close to tony, ryan close to manuel, always)
5. Adam/Ryan (get *****)
6. Tim/John (one vet that knows his stuff and is getting back into it so he's excelling, the other is new and reaching that level and still excelling, dead even comes down to who WILL be better)
7. John/Tim (get *****)
8. Tiep/Sion (I never got to see Sion play his full game cause he went Falcon on me and choked when I saw him but I heard he's ****, Tiep is just smart and of course good all round so tie)
9. Sion/Tiep (get *****)
10. ...... nobody?
LOLOL

BC has hella good melee

BC
your silly :)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Alrighty well I don't think anyone has any hard feelings with:

1) Dieslow
2) Bluntedobject10
3) Diakonos
4) Cowear
5) Noobking
6) Hitsugaya
7) Patooty
8) Daltsy
9) Sion
10) Meta

? Frankly, I don't think anyone REALLY minds as long as the general trend is kept.

Let me know if I should update.

Top Bottom