• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
what about adam? is he quitting for good?
I'm so bad now it doesn't even matter :laugh:

So I don't get called a tyrant again, I'm going to present the following suggestion for PR for discussion. I think it's time to update.

1. Blunted Object
2. Diakonos
3. Dieslow
4. Cowear/Hitsugaya
5. Cowear/Hitsugaya
6. Patooty
7. Daltsy
8. Sion
9. Tahsis
10. Dynamism

... at least from what I've seen. And I know James said he's quitting, but I'm not sure who else deserves that spot.
Why is Daltsy so low? I think he should be above ryan and tiep, maybe john as well. ****** beat carl at CT4, and Ryan at johns tourney too i believe. Either way. daltsy and 7th don't make sense to me :dizzy:

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
actually F that, put carl on our PR
F ya!!!!!!

Why is Daltsy so low? I think he should be above ryan and tiep, maybe john as well. ****** beat carl at CT4, and Ryan at johns tourney too i believe. Either way. daltsy and 7th don't make sense to me :dizzy:
He's better than Tiep and was 3-1 against John in MMs last time...but results don't mean much with inconsistancy on everyones parts on this PR. The only CONSISTANT people are Eric and...tony kind of, little bit Ryan and someone else probably.

Everyone else is ^v^v^v^v^V^v^V^^^V^^V^V^VV^V^V^V^V^V^^6vvv^v6^V^6^v66^V6^v86d0_V-vophdklM:MV>?X?????W}{P:!:p:??????

LOL I just looked at "F ya!!!!!" and realized it was CARL!

King of ^v^v^v^v^V^v^V^^^V^^V^V^VV^V^V^V^V^V^^6vvv^v6^V^6^v66^V6^v86d0_V-vophdklM:MV>?X?????W}{P:!:p:??????

He'd fit perfect with Tim, Manuel etc... LOL

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Whaaaaaaaaaaat. I know Tim is really good and has been performing well, too, but I don't recall him doing THAT well back here in BC. Pretty sure Tiep placed higher than Tim at John's, and Sion even beat Tiep at this same tournament, but he's below Tim.

MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST HOST A TOURNAMENT:

No Americans Please, and invite ALL THE EUROPEANS!! :D

Patooty

Smash Ace
Whaaaaaaaaaaat. I know Tim is really good and has been performing well, too, but I don't recall him doing THAT well back here in BC. Pretty sure Tiep placed higher than Tim at John's, and Sion even beat Tiep at this same tournament, but he's below Tim.

MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST HOST A TOURNAMENT:

No Americans Please, and invite ALL THE EUROPEANS!! :D
I don't remember playing Sion at that tournament. The last time I played Sion in tournament, I won. I played Tim at the most recent tournament and won. It was really close though... I think I would be higher than Tim since we're close in singles but I think I do better against everyone higher on our PR than he does (minus John since apparently he 3-1'd John.), plus I have a better handle on teams.

Also, Dynamism doesn't know what he's saying.

dieslow

Smash Ace
LOL obv

tiep > tim + sion IMO.
placings come down to how u do against other people, not 100% tourney results..

Just ask urself who do u have a harder time facing.. ex who would u rather play in a tourney match?

1st dieslow
2nd bluntsmoka
3rd ****-a-nose
4. Cowface
5. Hitsugaya/Patooty
6. Patooty/Hitsugaya
7. Daltsy/Sion
8. Sion/Daltsy
9. Roby
10. jakal/evan/matt/rusty/keith

reasoning: i do better against pretty much everybody than manuel does includin ryan/john/tiep/roby/etc. Eric agrees I give him a harder time too. i think im a favourite against eric too.

and u lucked out that last tourney manuel, u know it -_--

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
You guys should be cool and make a tier.

Too bad you guys aren't as cool as albeeeerttaaa.

Gannonspetmoblin

Smash Apprentice
100th post w00t and theres no thread i'd rather get it in then here ('cept the friggin BC canada thread >__>)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I don't remember playing Sion at that tournament. The last time I played Sion in tournament, I won. I played Tim at the most recent tournament and won. It was really close though... I think I would be higher than Tim since we're close in singles but I think I do better against everyone higher on our PR than he does (minus John since apparently he 3-1'd John.), plus I have a better handle on teams.

I think you speak the truth.
LOL obv

tiep > tim + sion IMO.
placings come down to how u do against other people, not 100% tourney results..

Just ask urself who do u have a harder time facing.. ex who would u rather play in a tourney match?

1st dieslow
2nd bluntsmoka
3rd ****-a-nose
4. Cowface
5. Hitsugaya/Patooty
6. Patooty/Hitsugaya
7. Daltsy/Sion
8. Sion/Daltsy
9. Roby
10. jakal/evan/matt/rusty/keith

reasoning: i do better against pretty much everybody than manuel does includin ryan/john/tiep/roby/etc. Eric agrees I give him a harder time too. i think im a favourite against eric too.

and u lucked out that last tourney manuel, u know it -_--
Here is where we fundamentally disagree.

Tournament performance reflects how you do against other people. Granted, a single tournament may not do that justice, but it's much more concrete than these arbitrary decisions about who we'd rather face in brackets. It's not just who we think is better, that's not good enough because we have our own biases (intentional or not) and each is very specific. For example, maybe I played John last week when I hadn't had much sleep the night before, or my controller was screwy, or something stupid like that. Let's say he beats me most of the time we're playing those matches. I might think, "wow, John is really good, He beats me more than Eric does! He's pretty much on par with us!". Now, while this might be true (John IS really good), that will affect how I view how good John is without really fleshing out the circumstance.

The only circumstance that really should matter, then, is tournament performance. I don't CARE if I **** player X all day long-- if I lose to him in brackets badly, then that is what sticks, that's when money is on the line and people truly can have no johns.

See, if I humour you and agree that you do better against pretty much everybody, it doesn't matter as long as I beat them too. What's more, if both of us beats everybody but I also happen to beat you (which I did, 2-0 in winners' and also coming back from 2-0 in losers' finals), I still deserve first-- simply because I outperformed you. Do you know what I'm saying? You're thinking backwards: "This person is good, it sure seems that way". Rather, "this person must be pretty good, he is beating other people when it matters". Hopefully I'm making sense.

You seem to cling on to personal impressions of skill, instead of what is empirically there. If that were so, I would put Sion far higher than he is. I would put Tiep and Daltsy lower. But it's what actually goes down that should be reflected on the PR. No one is taking anything away from you, Eric has just been performing hella good! He deserves first no doubt! And, last tournament I performed better than you, so IMO that 2nd isn't yours at present. Nomsain?

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
k manuel.....
first things first... i cant believe you said nomsain LOL
manuel this is the first time you explained something without me thinking you were a fake nice guy ( even though you are really nice, i usually dont see it in your post for some reason ) but i get what your saying, this is my list though

1. eric
2. tony
3. manuel <-- maybe if you did better at one more tourney.. i just cant see you at second at this point, sorry.
4. ryan
5. john
6. tiep
7. sion
8. tim
9. Roby... i guess, even though he went to johns tourney, he didnt really participate did he? O_o dnt remember
10. yakal/matt <- i cant see falco losing to DK but maybe if matt used fox he would get this spot. not sure.

sion did really well at the last tourney, i wouldnt put him above tiep just yet, but id say its really close. well maybe, he told me the name of an anime so.... brownie points haha

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I **** matts babies so hardddddd
He could only beat me with DK and Ganon some of the time I don't think he beat me with fox at all last we played and the timebefore that even >_0 and we had a "Money Match" and I won so no jones?

---_____-

also roby did not participate though he is still good

PR looking mad good atm

1. Eric
2. Tony
3. Manuel
4. Ryab
5. John
6. Tiep
7. Sion/Tim
8. Sion/Tim
9. Roby/Myself
10. Roby/Myself

K so manuel 2nd spot doesn't look right to me...not yet anyway but maybe that's because i've seen more from tony before and I am a bit bias towards tony being better simply because he does better against eric (From what I've seen and stuffs) though you guys are mad close...
Roby isn't so active anymore buuuut last I played him I was winning and stuff
also I know I'm better than matt at this point soz guys but I can't see matt being over me right now I rip his characters a new one

If that means anything lol

edit:
Mind F*ck

dieslow

Smash Ace
why do we even need panelists? no point of having if ur just gonna go by tourney results lolo. anybody can do that.

PR = rank people in terms of skill, not specific performances IMO. theres also enough variance in tournament brackets to make results not 100% skill based; thats being results orientated.

its just ignorant to be changing the PR every tournament because 'oh read da resultz X placed higher than X this tourney so i guess X is better'

we need Jack's STATS. that is imo the only real way to judge, because u can see how well people do against others.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
BUT I WON LULZ

no jones but yeah victor adam is QQing and not maining fox and being raaape

"why do we even need panelists? no point of having if ur just gonna go by tourney results"
u mad

Diakonos

Smash Lord
why do we even need panelists? no point of having if ur just gonna go by tourney results lolo. anybody can do that.

PR = rank people in terms of skill, not specific performances IMO. theres also enough variance in tournament brackets to make results not 100% skill based; thats being results orientated.

its just ignorant to be changing the PR every tournament because 'oh read da resultz X placed higher than X this tourney so i guess X is better'

we need Jack's STATS. that is imo the only real way to judge, because u can see how well people do against others.
Well, when I say tournament results I don't mean what was their final number. I mean who they beat and who they lost to, how close was it etc. Brackets should always be taken into consideration; that's just common sense. When it's not clear from tournament performance alone, or when two players have been performing to the same extent, then the panelists come into play. For example, John and Ryan have both been performing well, about to the same extent in BC tournaments. Here is where actually playing them and all that becomes crucial. But for example, I have just a hard a time against Sion's Falco as I do Tony's, but I know quite clearly that Tony performs better in tournament and thus deserves to be higher.

Of course PR measures skill, but instinct isn't enough when tournament performance will do.

I do agree that we shouldn't be updating the PR all the time. We should agree to update it on intervals-- every month or every two months or something like that. What do you guys think?

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
I'm thinking we should update the PR every season (3 months). For example the BC PR Fall 2009, BC PR Winter 2009, BC PR Spring 2010, BC PR Summer 2010, etc.

That way we can get a good Idea of results for sure by 3 months

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I played Sion in tournament, I won. I played Tim at the most recent tournament and won.
sion did really well at the last tourney, i wouldnt put him above tiep just yet, but id say its really close. well maybe, he told me the name of an anime so.... brownie points haha
^^^ both of these statements followed by "results don't mean everything" sure makes them look contradictory and redundant lol

at least one was only for brownies. But still, it's like every 10th post that opposites are in the same sentence.

theres also enough variance in tournament brackets to make results not 100% skill based; thats being results orientated.
And inconsistancy. LOADS of it

I'm thinking we should update the PR every season (3 months). For example the BC PR Fall 2009, BC PR Winter 2009, BC PR Spring 2010, BC PR Summer 2010, etc.

That way we can get a good Idea of results for sure by 3 months
The best ideal that has cycled through yet not put to method for the 1000th time..

gg....re or no re?

Anywhoziez, it's reached that time...

I'm gone.

Bye BC smash community <3

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
double posts for bump but some info regarding the august 30th tournament in Port Moody

aight so we'll ideally have the munnies needed to enter the venue by the end of this week

Have we decided on amount for the entry fees?

I'm thinking it should be a bit cheaper since there's a door fee so maybe like
$5 Singles and $10 doubles ($5/person)
what do you guys think?

Top Bottom