• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I really wish the release dates of Hero and BK were switched on account of the fact that BK for N64 originally released in June 1998 and I got it for my 8th bday in July of 98 and if they had released this summer (July/August) would have been more or less the 21 year anniversary of that.

So basically what I'm saying is that Sakurai should switch the release dates as a birthday present to me specifically.
Only if you sacrifice one Geno to the god Sakurai... a soul for a... release date? :p

(Side Note: Does it stand to reason there are multiple Geno dolls in existence? I'll write that down as a topic for the main Geno support thread).

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Only if you sacrifice one Geno to the god Sakurai... a soul for a... release date? :p

(Side Note: Does it stand to reason there are multiple Geno dolls in existence? I'll write that down as a topic for the main Geno support thread).

Also, I always assumed that Geno was the Mushroom Kingdom equivalent of Buzz Lightyear.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
I just realized that my list is different now. Everyone has moved up a slot now that my most wanted is in.

Now it goes:
1. StarMan (NES Pro Wrestling)
2. Shantae (from Shantae)
3. Zoda (villain from StarTropics) - but he could never make it in without...
4. Mike Jones (StarTropics)
5. Geno (SMRPG)

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I really wish the release dates of Hero and BK were switched on account of the fact that BK for N64 originally released in June 1998 and I got it for my 8th bday in July of 98 and if they had released this summer (July/August) would have been more or less the 21 year anniversary of that.

So basically what I'm saying is that Sakurai should switch the release dates as a birthday present to me specifically.
Well, it's going to be Smash 64's 20th anniversary in Europe around November... Rare being a British company. :lol:

That being said, I don't think they take anniversary's too seriously, it's more the exception than the rule that something falls on an anniversary. Still, it's in my head canon that Banjo & Kazooie should have been in Smash 64 had the timing worked out better, and them releasing the year of its 20th anniversary is making up for that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are both fantastic games but should be approached differently.

B-K is smaller than B-T, so it's easier and faster to go through each world and not worry about backtracking. I play through B-K when I want a bite-sized romp through a 3D platformer. And this might be an unpopular opinion, but after B-T, I think B-K's worlds are a bit too small. They're still great, but they don't fully satisfy my collect-a-thon itch; this is where B-T comes in.

B-T is much more intricate than B-K and takes more time and effort to finish. I can 100% B-K in about 6-9 hours, but you really have to sink your teeth into B-T if you want to do the same for that game. I personally enjoy the added challenge in B-T, and I find the backtracking makes the game more fun because the worlds feel more connected, and they're so big anyway that trying to do everything in a single world in one go might be tiresome.

The way I see it, B-T is a sequel that shows the series has grown up with the player and as such gives him/her a greater challenge and more to do, at the expense of being more complicated for people not familiar with B-K.
Rare were ahead of their time with that game. Heck, even Banjo grew up in terms of vocal cords, since I noticed his voice had gotten a tad deeper two years after BK.

I just realized that my list is different now. Everyone has moved up a slot now that my most wanted is in.

Now it goes:
1. StarMan (NES Pro Wrestling)
2. Shantae (from Shantae)
3. Zoda (villain from StarTropics) - but he could never make it in without...
4. Mike Jones (StarTropics)
5. Geno (SMRPG)
>Star Man
Spiritual brother!

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
What annoys me about Smash Ultimate not having newcomer artwork is that Akira Toriyama wasn't able to do one for the Dragon Quest heroes. It's like him and Nintendo are things cursed to never come true. Now all I can do is just imagine what characters he would have used to showcase them.

Also no hope of having Rare make a 90's pre-rendered 3D Smash Ultimate newcomer art for Banjo & Kazooie. Oh well...

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
What annoys me about Smash Ultimate not having newcomer artwork is that Akira Toriyama wasn't able to do one for the Dragon Quest heroes. It's like him and Nintendo are things cursed to never come true. Now all I can do is just imagine what characters he would have used to showcase them.

Also no hope of having Rare make a 90's pre-rendered 3D Smash Ultimate newcomer art for Banjo & Kazooie. Oh well...
Just as bad, Banjo didn't come in 4 so we can't see all his fan art in Miiverse.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I will say, it's a miracle we got DQ in here at all, since their crossovers with Nintendo stuff typically is published by Enix themselves.

D

Deleted member

Indeed. It pisses me off that Only Inkling got one.

Imagine Ridley's poster, or K.Rool's poster, or Simon and Richter's poster done by Ayami Kojima, or Ken's poster done by AKIMAN (with Inceneroar on it).

So much wasted potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
The first Banjo definitely seems like a game one would want to complete or attempt to do so with atleast, since otherwise it'd probably be too quick and a bit too simple/straight forward.
it's more of a game that you might as well complete, considering the bare minimum number of Jiggies you need to even reach gruntilda is Just a handful less than all of them.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah smash 4 characters got cool posters maybe the fans can create one for the smash ultimate newcomers ?

saw someone make a good one for banjo's smash render with jiggys BUT instead of smash stuff in the jiggys it was just seans from the banjo games maybe someone can moddify that artwork a bit with all the smash characters ?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Besides waiting on Banjo’s release, I’m gonna catch up on some Yu Yu Hakusho and other anime and shows that I need to catch up on and play and beat the first Banjo-Kazooie game with my friends. :grin:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
It's too bad classic Mode doesn't have enough fights in it for this, but I was thinking it would be cool if banjos classic Mode was based on the original classic mode for Smash Brothers 64.
link, Fox, Yoshi Team, Mario Brothers, giant Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby team, Samus, Metal Mario, and Master Hand.
Actually I wish literally anybody had a throwback to the original classic Mode. Although I won't lie, I think this classic Mode is my favorite version, and I'm glad it's a little bit shorter.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Guys, I'm here to just say that I am so happy Banjo and Kazooie, who haven't been relevant in over a decade, who belong to Microsoft, and whose last game was a vehicle construction game everyone hates, are in Smash Bros. I used to play the original game when I was probably four years old, when my mom used to rent it for me. She rented it several times, with the farthest level I remember reaching being Freezeezy Peak and Gobi Valley. I beat it several years later on emulator, then on console when I got a copy from a pawn shop. My brother and I played so much Banjo-Tooie as well, which we did (and still do) own. Grunty's Revenge was also a great conversion of the formula to a limited handheld. I remember hating Nuts and Bolts the instant I found out what the gameplay was like in that trailer (as did plenty of other people), but I never had an Xbox 360, so I couldn't play it anyway. I did eventually play it in Rare Replay though, where I thought it was decent. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the duo must mean so much to more people than myself that it could come back in such a major way, with crowds going wild over the Jiggy bouncing across the screen. I am glad I lived to see this.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Rare Replay on the switch when

I always loved Banjo and Kazooie as characters (I find them hilarious) but I never got a chance to play the actual games (It came out way before my time).

But now? Now I really wanna play Kazooie and Tooie.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
It's been a long time since I've played the Banjo games since I was a kid...granted I still have the cartridge and console but I ain't got a CRT TV. What N64 emulator is considered the best, lads?

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
When does he? August? I hope they don't give us an October release for Banjo. I haven't enough funds to renew my yearly Online Service yet! Curse you Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 DLC!
we don't know....that's the crappy part

Hero's the second dlc pack character and You'd think he would be close to completion after the joker debacle...

but nope nothing new since the reveal and if it's august then I'd wonder what kind of bugs sprung up to push him back that far

cause he didn't look that janky or incomplete in the trailer the only thing we didn't see(or much of)was the DQ Stage

it'd be best to get hero early in summer instead of nearing the end of it so that everyone can have a shot at playing the character

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
It's been a long time since I've played the Banjo games since I was a kid...granted I still have the cartridge and console but I ain't got a CRT TV. What N64 emulator is considered the best, lads?
Project 64.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Guys, I'm here to just say that I am so happy Banjo and Kazooie, who haven't been relevant in over a decade, who belong to Microsoft, and whose last game was a vehicle construction game everyone hates, are in Smash Bros. I used to play the original game when I was probably four years old, when my mom used to rent it for me. She rented it several times, with the farthest level I remember reaching being Freezeezy Peak and Gobi Valley. I beat it several years later on emulator, then on console when I got a copy from a pawn shop. My brother and I played so much Banjo-Tooie as well, which we did (and still do) own. Grunty's Revenge was also a great conversion of the formula to a limited handheld. I remember hating Nuts and Bolts the instant I found out what the gameplay was like in that trailer (as did plenty of other people), but I never had an Xbox 360, so I couldn't play it anyway. I did eventually play it in Rare Replay though, where I thought it was decent. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the duo must mean so much to more people than myself that it could come back in such a major way, with crowds going wild over the Jiggy bouncing across the screen. I am glad I lived to see this.
Me too, I’m glad I was able to play both games growing up and seeing them coming back home to a Nintendo console was like a dream to me. Here’s hoping that they release the original games on the Switch so the younger generation can get to know the great bear and bird duo. :grin: But all in all, it’d be nice to play the games on the go.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen it posted here yet so here's a ultra high resolution render of Banjo & Kazooie.
https://imgur.com/gXBfhGk
Comes from the E3 press kit.
Ive never seen a image of that quality before are these renders made with a unique model or is it the one from the game?
You can find crt tvs around every curb theres noting better than playing banjo kazooie with a n64 controller

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Me too, I’m glad I was able to play both games growing up and seeing them coming back home to a Nintendo console was like a dream to me. Here’s hoping that they release the original games on the Switch so the younger generation can get to know the great bear and bird duo. :grin: But all in all, it’d be nice to play the games on the go.
Agreed. I'm hoping we'll at least get Kazooie and Tooie as individual releases on the eshop. Til then I'll just keep playing Grunty's Revenge on an emulator.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Rare Replay on the switch when

I always loved Banjo and Kazooie as characters (I find them hilarious) but I never got a chance to play the actual games (It came out way before my time).

But now? Now I really wanna play Kazooie and Tooie.
Yeah, I was excited when I heard Rare Replay was coming to Gamepass, only to be disappointed that it was console-only still--I had thought I saw Rare Replay in the Gamepass section a month ago when I got that $1 for 3 months deal (still not worth it, given the 20-something games available on PC). I see no reason why now BK and BT can't be on PC, as they're ports (Rare Replay I can understand, since it uses Xbox 360 emulation for some games).

It's great seeing many streaming the games now, experiencing them for the first time (and often hilarious too, seeing grown up adults getting frustrated over a game made for children). I really hope they come to Switch at some point. We now have Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Crash, and Banjo all on the same system--Nintendo's the best.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
I remember after minecraft was announced for wii u i think it was phil spencer who said something along the lines of it was thanks to the fans and we should be rallying for rare replay next

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm almost certain that even without Nintendo / Microsoft / Rare hearing our thanks via the Thank You Letter, they know that so many people, Western and Eastern audiences, were super excited during the E3 reveals. It makes me wonder if they didn't think they'd get such a positive response that they did. I've watched literally 200 reaction videos at this point, even some that have 40 views, and probably 95% of them are people that are happy. Even people that know nothing about the series or character say things like "I know nothing about them, but they look pretty dope.", etc.

I'm not saying that the revival of the Collectathon genre as a whole is something that is feasible, but there is absolutely interest in the Banjo-Kazooie franchise. I hope in light of the recent reveals and partnerships they bring a well deserved revival to our favorite bear and bird.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah one of the best things about BK to me other than the fact that they’re in freaking Smash period is that they completely destroyed the notion that the FP would be entirely shill/promotional picks like Corrin because Nintendo picked the DLC.
Yeah, that's probably what's impressing me the most about the Fighter Pass so far: none of the characters revealed so far feel like they're there strictly as advertisements; I don't count Joker because we didn't know about any sort of Persona 5 stuff on Switch at the time of his reveal (and honestly, putting him in for a hypothetically Switch port of Persona 5 would make more sense than a spin-off), and Banjo & Kazooie aren't really advertisements either (unless Rare Replay DOES come to the Switch); the closest we have to an advertisement is with the Hero, and even then, that's only because the one from Dragon Quest 11 is the default character and the stage is apparently from that game as well. Even then, they still included three other heroes as alternate costumes when they could've easily focused solely on Eleven.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I remember after minecraft was announced for wii u i think it was phil spencer said something along the lines of it was thanks to the fans and we should be rallying for rare replay next
I remember that. I remember how hopeless I felt as a fan of Nintendo who missed rareware. I remember how that tweet sparked the exact same kind of hope that I felt for the future of where where as the king k rool trailer Made me feel. and how the events that followed me crushed my hopes in the same way that the reveal of literally every newcomer after K rool. ( thankfully there was a happy ending bratstory, but not the rare replay one so far )

If I'm remembering the order of events right, after that tweet from Phil Microsoft told us it was up to Nintendo As to whether or not rare replay would come to Wii U. When people started rallying to Nintendo, Nintendo told us it was up to rareware. and I don't think I've ever recovered from

BZocky

Smash Ace
Last edited:
Top Bottom