• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Saw this in a discord, wanted to share
View attachment 228662

Also I learned the other day that they're Married in Nuts and bolts. And I have to ask. WHY???? THEY'RE MEANT TO BE RIVALS!!!! THEY'RE NOT EVEN THE SAME SPECIES (I think?) I feel like being married goes against their character. Especially after like one game.
Lol Mumbo's face. XD
Isn't it great to see the surge in BK fanart? I love it. Many people are catching on the hype. It's been one week already guys. I'm going to savor this special feeling for a long time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Lol Mumbo's face. XD
Isn't it great to see the surge in BK fanart? I love it. Many people are catching on the hype. It's been one week already guys. I'm going to savor this special feeling for a long time.
I know right? Krazy Bones in particular did it before it was cool.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also, Rare Replay's coming to the Xbox's Game Pass soon.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm still not buying the Pass. I'm very happy with how it's turning out (though I admit it: mostly for Banjo), but I'll buy everyone singularly.
Sorry, but not even bear & bird could make me stomach another Fire Emblem character.
I understand the protest, and good for you spending more money to prove the point (that may or may not need to be proven).
Four characters currently to buy, at 6 each, means you already spent the 24 for the pass.

But I do hope its not Fire Emblem. I really dont think it will be, honestly. I think if they were done today, we would have Marth/Roy/Lucina/Chrom as a single character.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I know right? Krazy Bones in particular did it before it was cool.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also, Rare Replay's coming to the Xbox's Game Pass soon.
Isn't it already on Game Pass, just as an Xbox exclusive? That's what confused me when I saw the Gamepass on PC for $1 deal, and Banjo was used to advertise it--I get it, and can only play like 20 games I don't care about. :rotfl: Even after the announcement at Xbox's conference of Gamepass on PC, it's like--wait, wasn't it already? Just... adding more games to the service?

EDIT: Oh, it's coming to Gamepass on PC. Finally! Paying that $1 for 3 months was worth it now. :joyful:

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
ze9 ze9 umm the worst feature smash ever had was smash tour !

now that I think about it smash 4 had a LOT of good ideas but were half assed

smash tour, "classic mode" , random lootbox like unlockables with ussless doubbles, smash run not letting you interact with others during gameplay & not being in the wii u vertion. but custom moves were fine for the most part in my book except unlocking them, heck you could even use custom moves to declone echos

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Isn't it already on Game Pass, just as an Xbox exclusive? That's what confused me when I saw the Gamepass on PC for $1 deal, and Banjo was used to advertise it--I get it, and can only play like 20 games I don't care about. :rotfl: Even after the announcement at Xbox's conference of Gamepass on PC, it's like--wait, wasn't it already? Just... adding more games to the service?

EDIT: Oh, it's coming to Gamepass on PC. Finally! Paying that $1 for 3 months was worth it now. :joyful:
Uh actually...

It appears Rare Replay is console exclusive and won’t hit PC.

Source

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Uh actually...

It appears Rare Replay is console exclusive and won’t hit PC.

Source
Polygon made it sound like it was, "This will be the first update to Game Pass to include games for Microsoft’s newly announced Xbox Game Pass for PC."

If it's not coming to PC, then how is it any different than before? When I searched Gamepass games a month ago, Rare Replay was there, but when I clicked on it, it said it wasn't available on PC.

See, this is why despite the good will Microsoft has given, I'm still frustrated with them. Too many weird restrictions, even with their "open" policy, and the store is confusing and misleading.

EDIT: Looks like everywhere else it's saying console only. Sucks. There's been two updates with Banjo-Kazooie after their E3, enhanced versions and I guess Rare Replay's now on Gamepass despite already being in it--and I can't take advantage of any of them. Screw Xbox, I'll use my $60 to buy N64 cartridges to replace my stolen ones. :p

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hey Banjo fans. Since the bear and bird are coming to Smash, I figured now would be a pretty good time to undust my Xbone, break out Rare Replay and finally check out the Banjo games. I managed to collect everything in Mumbo's Mountain, Tropical Trove Cove, and Clanker's Cavern so far.

It's been enjoyable so far and certainly has it's charm. It did make me feel kind of stupid yesterday though. I got to that bucket character in Tropical Trove, and initially show eggs normally at him, and when that didn't work, I decided to take his "Could you fill my hole with a pebble" line seriously and looked throughout the whole level for a rock.

yeah, I kinda never thought about the whole being able to shoot eggs behind you mechanic, or didn't realize it would function differently than shooting in front of you. :facepalm:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey Banjo fans. Since the bear and bird are coming to Smash, I figured now would be a pretty good time to undust my Xbone, break out Rare Replay and finally check out the Banjo games. I managed to collect everything in Mumbo's Mountain, Tropical Trove Cove, and Clanker's Cavern so far.

It's been enjoyable so far and certainly has it's charm. It did make me feel kind of stupid yesterday though. I got to that bucket character in Tropical Trove, and initially show eggs normally at him, and when that didn't work, I decided to take his "Could you fill my hole with a pebble" line seriously and looked throughout the whole level for a rock.

yeah, I kinda never thought about the whole being able to shoot eggs behind you mechanic, or didn't realize it would function differently than shooting in front of you. :facepalm:
As Zero learned in his playthrough, for Banjo, when in doubt, poop. :chuckle: /s

I feel like they had that ability for literal ****s and giggles, and then was like--we can't have Kazooie poop eggs if we don't have a reason for it. Then the bucket was born. Trying to remember if there was any other point you had to do it. I think that's the only one, if my memory serves correctly.

EDIT: Nope, I remember the other times now. :joyful:

Gobi's Valley and Mad Monster Mansion

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
How would y'all feel about A 2D banjo game?
I'm obviously asking this in light of the recent yooka-laylee reveal. But just leave your biases aside for a second and think about it, and for the sake of discussion let's assume that this hypothetical 2D banjo game only releases after some remasters of the first two games am banjo threeie come out.

It doesn't have to copy the Donkey Kong Country formula, it could do something different like, say a 2d sandbox. Something like mini metroidvania levels contained within a hub. Or maybe something more like Shante, the one where it's slightly metroidvania like, but Moving forward or backward by a layer changes your path. Or hell, even just copy the Donkey Kong Country formula, if it works it works.
I don't think I ever thought about a 2d banjo game before, But I am now, and I kind of want it.
Side note, I'm using voice to text to post here, and every time I said 2D banjo game, my phone registered it as Tooty banjo game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know I'm late saying this but there's definitely no denying it whether Sakurai confirms it or not but Banjo & Kazooie were without a doubt picks from the Smash Ballot as:ultkrool::ultridley::ultsimon:and:ultrichter:were especially given how many years they've been heavily requested and demanded by fans alike.

I'm just so happy the Ballot Smash never went to waste given all these picks. King K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie were my three most wanted and I my dream in getting them has finally came true.

Thank you Sakurai for making it an reality. :grin:

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
As Zero learned in his playthrough, for Banjo, when in doubt, poop. :chuckle: /s
I feel like they had that ability for literal ****s and giggles, and then was like--we can't have Kazooie poop eggs if we don't have a reason for it. Then the bucket was born. Trying to remember if there was any other point you had to do it. I think that's the only one, if my memory serves correctly.

EDIT: Nope, I remember the other times now. :joyful:
Gobi's Valley and Mad Monster Mansion
I just finished my 100% run of Banjo-Kazooie today, and there is one other required use of egg laying:
The garden in Click Clock Wood.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm obviously asking this in light of the recent yooka-laylee reveal. But just leave your biases aside for a second and think about it, and for the sake of discussion let's assume that this hypothetical 2D banjo game only releases after some remasters of the first two games am banjo threeie come out.

It doesn't have to copy the Donkey Kong Country formula, it could do something different like, say a 2d sandbox. Something like mini metroidvania levels contained within a hub. Or maybe something more like Shante, the one where it's slightly metroidvania like, but Moving forward or backward by a layer changes your path. Or hell, even just copy the Donkey Kong Country formula, if it works it works.
I don't think I ever thought about a 2d banjo game before, But I am now, and I kind of want it.
Side note, I'm using voice to text to post here, and every time I said 2D banjo game, my phone registered it as Tooty banjo game.
Nope! Take a look at what happened when Nintendo released their first Metroid game after a 10 year hiatus.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Whelp, just got everything in the Swamp level.

I swear Vile's mini game was rigged. Some of those blob fellas would vanish just as I was going to munch them. :mad088:

I managed to win and get the jiggy but still!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I know I'm late saying this but there's definitely no denying it whether Sakurai confirms it or not but Banjo & Kazooie were without a doubt picks from the Smash Ballot as:ultkrool::ultridley::ultsimon:and:ultrichter:were especially given how many years they've been heavily requested and demanded by fans alike.

I'm just so happy the Ballot Smash never went to waste given all these picks. King K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie were my three most wanted and I my dream in getting them has finally came true.

Yeah one of the best things about BK to me other than the fact that they’re in freaking Smash period is that they completely destroyed the notion that the FP would be entirely shill/promotional picks like Corrin because Nintendo picked the DLC.

StormC

Smash Hero

I'd be down. You could do a lot with a 2D Banjo game with all of their moves.

I swear Vile's mini game was rigged. Some of those blob fellas would vanish just as I was going to munch them. :mad088:

Technically you're supposed to clear Vile's minigame after you get the Turbo Trainers in world 6. But well done regardless!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Technically you're supposed to clear Vile's minigame after you get the Turbo Trainers in world 6. But well done regardless!
I mean, does anyone? I didn't even know the croc could grab the running shoes until watching the world record today (which saved the Swamp for last)

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 228662

Also I learned the other day that they're Married in Nuts and bolts. And I have to ask. WHY???? THEY'RE MEANT TO BE RIVALS!!!! THEY'RE NOT EVEN THE SAME SPECIES (I think?) I feel like being married goes against their character. Especially after like one game.
No, they didn't. The worlds are thought of as plays, because the writing team didn't want to create for than a small handful of new characters. The marriage thing was only for Nutty Acres, and trust me, neither Mumbo or Humba enjoyed the thought either.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
No, they didn't. The worlds are thought of as plays, because the writing team didn't want to create for than a small handful of new characters. The marriage thing was only for Nutty Acres, and trust me, neither Mumbo or Humba enjoyed the thought either.
OK, I'm glad than. Sorry for jumping to conclusions, I saw a video that compiled Mumbos appearances and I saw Humba was mentioned as his wife.

Nuts and bolts sounds weird.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yeah one of the best things about BK to me other than the fact that they’re in freaking Smash period is that they completely destroyed the notion that the FP would be entirely shill/promotional picks like Corrin because Nintendo picked the DLC.
I always found that sketchy from the start. Nintendo decides the DLC, and the first pick is from a game that Sakurai is a personal fan of?

I think that the line between who is picking the DLC is very very blurred.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
OK, I'm glad than. Sorry for jumping to conclusions, I saw a video that compiled Mumbos appearances and I saw Humba was mentioned as his wife.

Nuts and bolts sounds weird.
Yeah. I mean, there's a world where their idea of a museum is to take your childhood memories, stick them into a blender and set it to purée.

I always found that sketchy from the start. Nintendo decides the DLC, and the first pick is from a game that Sakurai is a personal fan of?

I think that the line between who is picking the DLC is very very blurred.
It's possible that Ninty persuaded Sakurai into the season pass(es) deal by suggesting stuff that he likes.

Nintendo: Ready to work on DLC?
Sakurai: I dunno, game seems complete enough.
Nintendo: Even without adding Joker?
Sakurai: Uh...yes, it is...no need to. :nervous:
Nintendo: That's a shame, we were also thinking of adding a Dragon Quest hero--
Sakurai: When do we start!?

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yeah. I mean, there's a world where their idea of a museum is to take your childhood memories, stick them into a blender and set it to purée.

It's possible that Ninty persuaded Sakurai into the season pass(es) deal by suggesting stuff that he likes.

Sakurai: Uh...yes, it is...no need to. :nervous:
Nintendo: That's a shame, we were also thinking of adding a Dragon Quest hero--
I always thought that there was another step before what they told us in the presentation: Sakurai gives Nintendo a list of what he likes, Nintendo picks the DLC from that, then Sakurai sees if their choice can be done.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I always thought that there was another step before what they told us in the presentation: Sakurai gives Nintendo a list of what he likes, Nintendo picks the DLC from that, then Sakurai sees if their choice can be done.
For the last time, no one has clearly said there was a list, it was a "selection", which might imply suggesting one character at a time from ballot choices that were sorted out.

Besides, you can't make everything that you like work; as it was said, they need to see if each character can work using the DLC resources they have. As such, most of the characters we're getting in the pass so far have seemingly used other characters as bases.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I think Sakurai and Nintendo probably chose the characters together.
Between Atlus/Sega, Square and Microsoft/Rare the underlying theme of the season pass is, I think, getting characters that represent collaborations between Nintendo and its closest partners on the Switch (as crazy as putting Microsoft in that list sounds). Which is part of the reason why I'm expecting Doomguy. So I think Nintendo had a say on the selection.
But that's probably just it, they're not going for shameless promotion but for characters that are already well known and beloved, that can make for good fighters and that can resonate well with different segments of the public. They probably selected them together with Sakurai.
...which is another reason why I'm expecting Doomguy.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Fixed it for you.
Nintendo: Also Microsoft called for Banjo Kazoo-
Sakurai:
maxresdefault.jpg

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

Honestly those were the most hype picks for Smash characters to date for me as well, along with Wario, King Dedede, and Sonic the Hedgehog for Brawl and Mega Man, Little Mac, and Pac-Man for Wii U & Nintendo 3DS. But nothing beats Banjo & Kazooie in terms of sheer hype. Literally the ONLY characters I've ever truly wished and hoped for in Smash. I still can't believe they made it in after over a week of their reveal and seeing their trailer at least 300 times through repeat views and reaction videos. Most beautiful playable roster in any video game.

Played it a few weeks ago and it was freaking torturous, man! Such an ***hole.

Anyone remember the in game cheats you can use in Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie? I do. I used Super Banjo a lot.
I know its cheap but that's the main way I play Banjo-Tooie. I love being invulnerable and having infinite eggs and feathers, being super fast, like you said, and playing the game my way, and also being able to unlock the worlds from the beginning, unlock all the moves first, then go through the worlds and backtrack much easier than having to wait until I am able to unlock it with enough Jiggies and such. I see it as if its programmed into the game and not just using a Gameshark or something like that, its a legit way to play, especially if you're not going for achievements or anything like that.

View attachment 228662

Yeahhhhh I always thought that was super strange playing Banjo-Tooie and developing a crush on Humba Wumba and being like, wait a minute... Gruntilda went after Tooty when there's a smokin' hot Native American shaman on the very same Island just ripe for the taking? I guess taking her beauty would've made her blinding to look at lmfao

Also, can we just talk about how beautiful this poster is and how beautiful it's been in the past and how beautiful it is now that the bear and bird are finally a part of it? THEY FIT SO WELL IN THIS CAST OF VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS. I especially love that they're right on the same section of space as Simon Belmont and Sonic the Hedgehog, the two third-party characters I've been most hyped for ^^

https://www.ssbwiki.com/images/5/5e/SSBU_Panoramic.png

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

*Listens to this on repeat for the next few months or so until Banjo-Kazooie is finally released for Smash Ultimate*

ZelDan

Smash Master

I was wondering what those walking shoes were about. Nice to know.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
One of my friends custom 3D printed some Jiggies, figured I'd share! The last few months I've been loading up with all sorts of BK related items. My desk at work has a poster, another Totaku figure, and some sweet perler art.

bk.jpg

D

Deleted member

I was wondering what those walking shoes were about. Nice to know.
In my last playthrough of BK I didn't use the Turbo Trainers either and still beat Mr. Vile's minigame. So good job! It's definitely the more challenging way to do it but I like that there's an option.

I actually kinda liked how for the most part, you could just complete a level before moving on to the next one. Banjo-Tooie is great but there's a LOT more backtracking and leaving worlds uncompleted, and it's a little more confusing to know how to complete them at times. Whereas, I would always recommend 100%ing Banjo-Kazooie, it's definitely feasible and worth it.

ZelDan

Smash Master
In my last playthrough of BK I didn't use the Turbo Trainers either and still beat Mr. Vile's minigame. So good job! It's definitely the more challenging way to do it but I like that there's an option.

I actually kinda liked how for the most part, you could just complete a level before moving on to the next one. Banjo-Tooie is great but there's a LOT more backtracking and leaving worlds uncompleted, and it's a little more confusing to know how to complete them at times. Whereas, I would always recommend 100%ing Banjo-Kazooie, it's definitely feasible and worth it.
The first Banjo definitely seems like a game one would want to complete or attempt to do so with atleast, since otherwise it'd probably be too quick and a bit too simple/straight forward.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I think Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are both fantastic games but should be approached differently.

B-K is smaller than B-T, so it's easier and faster to go through each world and not worry about backtracking. I play through B-K when I want a bite-sized romp through a 3D platformer. And this might be an unpopular opinion, but after B-T, I think B-K's worlds are a bit too small. They're still great, but they don't fully satisfy my collect-a-thon itch; this is where B-T comes in.

B-T is much more intricate than B-K and takes more time and effort to finish. I can 100% B-K in about 6-9 hours, but you really have to sink your teeth into B-T if you want to do the same for that game. I personally enjoy the added challenge in B-T, and I find the backtracking makes the game more fun because the worlds feel more connected, and they're so big anyway that trying to do everything in a single world in one go might be tiresome.

The way I see it, B-T is a sequel that shows the series has grown up with the player and as such gives him/her a greater challenge and more to do, at the expense of being more complicated for people not familiar with B-K.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I actually bought all of Smash 4's DLC characters, except for Corrin.
In the end I didn't use any of them much at all, though. Well, apart from Lucas. I spent like 300+ hours on him alone.
But for Ultimate, I want everyone. This game is a treasure and I want to enjoy it as much as possible. No Fire Emblem, though.

I think it's a mix of the Fire Emblem fatigue being real and the fact that neither Corrin nor Robin are really all that unique after you strip them of all the bells and whistles. Plus, their personalities are really boring. And Robin's gimmick actively works against the enjoyment of the character. And during Smash 4 it really felt like they were shoving Fire Emblem down our throats, so many still have a residue of unpleasantness towards it (I'm in that camp).

Luckily for us, Ultimate came down from the heavens and fixed all of Smash 4's mistakes.

I have a feeling Doomguy is happening, too. He's kinda become my most wanted at this point, lol.
I was just catching up on this thread and had to a double take when I read the bold line. Like, what? Of course if you a strip a character of all their bells and whistles "they're not all that unique." Robin has unique mechanics and even the damn sword attacks have special properties. Corrin also doesn't use a sword for any of their specials and has the dragon transforming abilities. That's how you make Smash characters is by giving them unique attributes to make them play differently. When you take away King K. Rool's "bells and whistles" he ends up just a bit of a standard heavy hitter too, but you're not actually going to seriously criticize him for having specials that are unique and a unique mechanic with the belly armor. Most of the character stay pretty within their wheelhouse for Jabs, Tilts, and Air Attacks and aren't that unique in their moves. It's literally the specials and the mechanics that set apart so much of the roster and make characters unique. The so called "bells and whistles" are not elements you can so easily cast aside like that unless you're doing the same for everyone in the game.

It's fine to dislike them, but that criticism does not work. As for the whole Fire Emblem being shoved down peoples' throats. I mean, really only Corrin is guilty of that. Lucina was an Echo/full clone that was originally an alt, so she really doesn't count for much of anything. Robin was also just the natural progression of Fire Emblem and was downright unique as hell and the series was likely to always get another entry. Roy came back specifically because the fans wanted him to. I'll give you Corrin was the circumstances of a promotional pick alongside the development team coming up with a specifically unique move set for them. But the rest of the additions during Smash 4 were either normal addition, accident, or downright fan demand. This wasn't some targeted decision to force Fire Emblem into the limelight...

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I really wish the release dates of Hero and BK were switched on account of the fact that BK for N64 originally released in June 1998 and I got it for my 8th bday in July of 98 and if they had released this summer (July/August) would have been more or less the 21 year anniversary of that.

So basically what I'm saying is that Sakurai should switch the release dates as a birthday present to me specifically.

Top Bottom