• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The rumors about a Female Fighter Game character (something like Kasumi, Mai Shiranui etc) or a new Capcom Character (Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, granted i don't think there are super credible rumors about a new Capcom character floating around, but people are speculating). Neither of these 2 appeal to me at all, but i have Banjo so eh.

Edit: There's also rumors about Frisk and Waluigi of all characters. The former would be a let down to me Music Notwithstanding, and the latter would be bittersweet at this point. I don't believe it because................it's ****ing Frisk and Waluigi.
Ehhhh, I am not sure if I believe those rumors. Then again, they are just speculation, right?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm surprised the Waluigi and Undertale rumor lasted more than an hour. I just automatically assume anything that has Waluigi or the current meme character as completely fake. (Waluigi is already an assist trophy people. And if the face of indie games Shovel Knight gets assist trophied. I sincerely doubt Undertale is the one that gets the honor of being the first indie game rep)

Also the girl rumor was she looked like she came from a fighting game not that she did.. That's as vague as they can be. So I'm leaning on that one being fake.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
(Waluigi is already an assist trophy people. And if the face of indie games Shovel Knight gets assist trophied. I sincerely doubt Undertale is the one that gets the honor of being the first indie game rep)
Not saying the "leak" is true (it's very likely fake, ignoring the characters), but Undertale is one of the most-popular indies and is popular in Japan. Nintendo also puts it and Deltarune in their main directs instead of their Nindies directs.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I could see Waluigi as he is a massive request and ATs not being eligible for DLC is just a fan rule that doesn't exist. Frisk being the character that they would go with for UnderTale makes me not put stock into it. Sans is the one who people want to see from that game and the most well-known character so I find it hard to believe that Frisk the nondescript character would take precedence.

D

Deleted member

I'd be down for Mai Shiranui, just sayin. But they'd unfortunately have to censor her like they did Palutena, Bayonetta, and female Corrin.

If characters get impaled, exploded and beat up nobody panics because it's all part of the plan. But if girls start to show too much leg then everyone loses their minds.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I'd be down for Mai Shiranui, just sayin. But they'd unfortunately have to censor her like they did Palutena, Bayonetta, and female Corrin.

If characters get impaled, exploded and beat up nobody panics because it's all part of the plan. But if girls start to show too much leg then everyone loses their minds.
No kidding. Sucks to be in the gaming climate where game devs (both indie and AAA) are slammed from both sides. How did we go from uptight moral puritans who don't think the kids are allowed to see some skin, to oversensitive progressives who think showing a fictional woman's skin is sexist and demeaning, in addition to the moral puritans who want all their females to wear a nuns habit?

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Uh.... That probably has more to do with the fact that Smash Ultimate is rated E-10+ than anything else. Not surprising Bayo got toned down a bit to meet ESRB standards for a children's game.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
We talkin about Smash 4 DLC?
I actually have all of it, but the only one I bought was Lucas. I got Mewtwo as a bonus for buying both 3DS and Wii U, I was disappointed with every single other DLC character, especially freaking Bayonetta after the smash ballot. There was no way she could have been the winner I thought. I could almost buy Cloud but even that seems like a stretch to me.
But anyway, my friends were not Nintendo fans. They would play Smash Bros with me when we all got together, but they were all team Sony. So Cloud, Bayonetta, and Ryu were kind of up their alley. they also made an exception for Fire Emblem of all things. So in the end they ended up giving me all the DLC characters as " an early christmas/birthday gift ". Goody goody gumdrops they bought me characters I never use.

Anyway, I actually bought the fighter pass about a week or two before E3. Originally I wasn't going to buy the fighters Pass unless there were at least two characters I gave a damn about. Joker did nothing for my confidence, he basically shattered it. But I don't know, all the buzz about banjo that happened a little bit before E3 gave me good feelings and I just took the leap of faith. I'm glad that Faith was rewarded. I'm actually a bit of a casual Dragon Quest fan, so I'm pretty pleased with the hero too. Erdrick is the only one of the heroes alts that I am familiar with, Dragon Quest 3 was amazing. I've only played the first three, and plan to play 11.
So I think I got what I wanted out of the fighter pass, if I can just get one more character that's worth a damn then I'll say it was money well spent. I just don't know who could feasibly the in the pass that I would want.
Still, I can't believe it's only been one week. Feels like it's been an eternity since they revealed banjo. This is going to be a long agonizing wait. On the bright side, Super Mario Maker 2 will be here very soon, and I'll be able to kill some time with that. Real shame there's no amiibo support for that game anymore, I would have loved to see some Banjo Kazooie themed levels once the amiibo released.

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Uh.... That probably has more to do with the fact that Smash Ultimate is rated E-10+ than anything else. Not surprising Bayo got toned down a bit to meet ESRB standards for a children's game.
Granted. I wasn't saying that's the reason we see slightly toned down women in Smash; I was just saying games in general in regards to making scantily clad characters get hit on both sides by offended people, even just putting characters showing skin in their own games that they can make however they like.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm still set on Assist Trophies and Spirits deconfirming characters and I also don't think an Indie rep is going to happen no matter how popular it is. The last two characters have to be from big name companies like Namco and Capcom with the Mii costume theory or in the less likely scenario, Bethesda since Pete Hines did say something interesting along the lines of "Who knows maybe some surprises for Nintendo fans" regarding Doom's anniversary.

It could just be a bunch of Doom ports of Doom 1, 2, 3 and 64 but it's still something to take into consideration.

As for Waluigi, him being in the fighters pass makes absolutely no sense. Besides him already being an assist trophy, the Mario series spirits are either already in the game or being added in via updates so I have no reason to believe Paragon's leak.

ze9

Smash Ace
I actually bought all of Smash 4's DLC characters, except for Corrin.
In the end I didn't use any of them much at all, though. Well, apart from Lucas. I spent like 300+ hours on him alone.
But for Ultimate, I want everyone. This game is a treasure and I want to enjoy it as much as possible. No Fire Emblem, though.

*EDIT* Although, Robin and Corrin both are fairly unique, but there was still lots of negative reception. Maybe the problem really is just too much Fire Emblem. Although I know well the circumstances surrounding Corrins reveal soured the character more than his moveset, and I don't think they utilized a bestial transformation character to it's fullest potential, with Corrin still largely being a sword swinger. Also I forgot Greninja is literally a ninja Pokemon, but I still think a FE Ninja could be suitably different.
I think it's a mix of the Fire Emblem fatigue being real and the fact that neither Corrin nor Robin are really all that unique after you strip them of all the bells and whistles. Plus, their personalities are really boring. And Robin's gimmick actively works against the enjoyment of the character. And during Smash 4 it really felt like they were shoving Fire Emblem down our throats, so many still have a residue of unpleasantness towards it (I'm in that camp).

Luckily for us, Ultimate came down from the heavens and fixed all of Smash 4's mistakes.

I'm still set on Assist Trophies and Spirits deconfirming characters and I also don't think an Indie rep is going to happen no matter how popular it is. The last two characters have to be from big name companies like Namco and Capcom with the Mii costume theory or in the less likely scenario, Bethesda since Pete Hines did say something interesting along the lines of "Who knows maybe some surprises for Nintendo fans" regarding Doom's anniversary.
I have a feeling Doomguy is happening, too. He's kinda become my most wanted at this point, lol.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The rumors about a Female Fighter Game character (something like Kasumi, Mai Shiranui etc) or a new Capcom Character (Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, granted i don't think there are super credible rumors about a new Capcom character floating around, but people are speculating). Neither of these 2 appeal to me at all, but i have Banjo so eh.

Edit: There's also rumors about Frisk and Waluigi of all characters. The former would be a let down to me Music Notwithstanding, and the latter would be bittersweet at this point. I don't believe it because................it's ****ing Frisk and Waluigi.
If there was a suggestion for a female fighting game character, I would immediately assume Chun Li.

Characters 4 and 5 have ALOT of pressure now to meet hype. Not only because they are potentiallly the final fighters, but they are following DQ and Banjo of all characters.

Please, don't repeat Smash 4's final DLC situation.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If there was a suggestion for a female fighting game character, I would immediately assume Chun Li.

Characters 4 and 5 have ALOT of pressure now to meet hype. Not only because they are potentiallly the final fighters, but they are following DQ and Banjo of all characters.

Please, don't repeat Smash 4's final DLC situation.
Yeah no, I know how this kind of pattern always works; people assume everything must end with a bang, yet the opposite happens, every single time. :ultgnw:

Big-name/big want characters come in first help to sell the thing, less expected ones come last to round things out, but still provide some interesting gameplay nonetheless of whether anyone wanted to see them in at all or not.

Besides, no one officially said they're the last DLC spots for the game's entire cycle either, so we can't afford wasting energy getting nervous over nothing when nothing's been confirmed on that matter. In an age where a game gets more than one DLC season.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm still pretty surprised that Super Smash Bros Ultimate didn't get a Teen rating considering what's in it, I honestly thought Ridley's tail stab is the most visceral attack in the game and this game isn't that much different from Brawl (Rated T) content wise, If anything maybe more so than Brawl.

Though I would imagine Nintendo like most of their 1st Party games they try to keep most of them no higher than E-10+ not just from a brand perspective, But from sales perspective as well though I would imagine your average casual consumer would ignore the rating and see Mario and Pikachu on the cover and automaticaly assume that it is kid friendly for the most part.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm still pretty surprised that Super Smash Bros Ultimate isn't rated T considering what's in it, I honestly thought Ridley's tail stab is the most visceral attack in the game and this game isn't that much different from Brawl (Rated T) content wise, If anything maybe more so than Brawl.

Though I would imagine Nintendo like most of their 1st Party games they try to keep most of them no higher than E-10+ not just from a brand perspective, But from sales perspective as well though I would imagine your average casual consumer would ignore the rating and see Mario and Pikachu on the cover and automaticaly assume that it is kid friendly for the most part.
I think the lack of exposed underwear on the ladies is the determining factor.

I mean, go figure. Showing a pair of pants is not okay, but it's totally fine to let people be murdalized with stabbing and crotch punches. :4pacman:

Last edited:

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Important message:

This your reminder that Banjo and Kazooie are the 59th fighter in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate since they are just an echo of Duck Hunt..
They have absolutely nothing in common except for a similiar Bair. Heck even their up b is completely different.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yeah no, I know how this kind of pattern always works; people assume everything must end with a bang, yet the opposite happens, every single time. :ultgnw:

Big-name/big want characters come in first help to sell the thing, less expected ones come last to round things out, but still provide some interesting gameplay nonetheless of whether anyone wanted to see them in at all or not.

Besides, no one officially said they're the last DLC spots for the game's entire cycle either, so we can't afford wasting energy getting nervous over nothing when nothing's been confirmed on that matter. In an age where a game gets more than one DLC season.
Yea, every Smash game ends its roster in a fizzle compared to what comes at first and the middle. The end characters are fan favorites (sometimes) but they don't hold a hype candle compared to the early reveals.

Smash 4 DLC is a perfect example: veterans at the start to excite fans, Ryu and Cloud to blow people's expectations away, Corrin and Bayonetta leaving people scratching their heads in confusion.

As for the FE 'hate,' it was mostly due to oversatuation of the series and people got annoyed at that (Corrin being the last straw). Jumping from two characters in Brawl to SIX in one game is going to get people's attention in a massive cross-over game, and not positive attention at that. The only other franchise to do that was Zelda in melee, but that was more accepted because its one of Nintendo's biggest core franchises. FE, while popular, is not at that level, so seeing a franchise like that get so many characters while other more popular series didn't get any just rubbed people the wrong way. Note that Chrom isn't getting much backlash despite being the 7th in the series: he was a fan favorite, an echo and not having 4 other FE characters added around him in one game.

Much like food making, presentation of the product in gaming is important. Doesn't matter if it tastes excellent/plays fantastic; if it looks bad when you get it, it will not be well received.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
They have absolutely nothing in common except for a similiar Bair. Heck even their up b is completely different.
Not even Duck Hunt's Bair is like Banjo Kazooie's Bair. One is a single hit and the other is a multi hit.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In any case, Ultimate's roster is more palettable compared to the previous game. Even if the dessert is some relatively unremarkable rice pudding at the end, what you got beforehand is four parts of a five-course meal coming with an appetizer, salad, soup and main course. Plus some bread for good measure. Hardly much to complain about.

4's was a little undercooked in some areas, and in others the serving of french fries were defrosted and a little old.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I believe the proper term for my post was 'being a tongue in cheek smartass.' I was mocking the dumb argument that Banjo would be a Duck Hunt clone.

Also parodying my earlier copied comment (which is the most likes I got here, thank you all for enjoying it).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, it does help to use smilies when posting in a facetious manner, otherwise folks won't be able to tell. :4pacman:

Speaking of moveset, I wonder what else is in store. I doubt Split Up would be in this, but I imagine that the normal moveset includes as much of the duo's other abilities as humanly possible.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I'm sure the last two DLC characters will be great.
Of course Banjo & Kazooie won't be topped, but it's not like there are many characters in their situation. They're a special case.
With Ultimate DLC, they've had a solid plan from the start; I'm sure they've chosen the newcomers very carefully. Smash 4's DLC by comparision kinda felt like they were going through the motions and improvising. Smash 4 in general felt a bit like that. While with Ultimate, they've proven they have a deep understanding of the fanbase's desires. And the newcomers have all been top notch anyways, maybe Incineroar was a bit underwhelming as a final reveal, but he himself as a character is so fun and well-realized that there's not much to complain.

Speaking of moveset, I wonder what else is in store. I doubt Split Up would be in this, but I imagine that the normal moveset includes as much of the duo's other abilities as humanly possible.
I was thinking about this...
The trailer already showcases basically all of their abilities from Banjo-Kazooie. The only ones missing are:
-Roll (which I'm sure will be the dash attack)
-Beak Buster (a good candidate for a down air)
-Fly / Beak Bomb (I'm not sure if they'll be implented)
-Boots and running shoes (not necessary)

The only vital things missing from Tooie are:
-the other types of eggs (but maybe they don't want to overcomplicate things and they'll ignore them... I'd kind of agree)
-the Bill Drill (could work as a down throw)

So even if they fill the more obvious moves (roll as dash attack, beak buster as down air and bill drill as down throw), there's still a good chunk of the moveset sill that still needs to be filled: nair, uair, fair, dsmash, usmash and all the throws. Though the fair will probably just be the rat-a-tat rap again.
I don't think Banjo & Kazooie will be able to split up, but they could still fill some of the missing moves with Banjo's solo abilities. The Pack Whack is a great fit, for example. It could be a nair, or even a dsmash. Who knows.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I did buy all the Sm4sh DLC for both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, but it ended up being super freaking disappointing after Corrin and Bayonetta showed up, but at that point I didn't want to not have an incomplete Smash roster, so I sacked up and got it anyway begrudgingly. That final video presentation, and ironically the other final video presentation for the base game before Smash Ultimate released, were super disappointing. After Piranha Plant and especially Joker got revealed as the first two DLC, I was like I'll get Piranha Plant since he's free, but no flipping way am I blindly purchasing a Fighter Pass that has Joker as its first and only confirmed franchise as part of it. Gotta give me Banjo & Kazooie or I'm walking away with just the base game. Of course, as soon as Hero and Banjo-Kazooie were confirmed, I purchased it right then and there. I'm actually super excited to see how the Hero plays when he releases. Hopefully he'll be a great addition, he already looks more fun and interesting than any of the Fire Emblem characters. Why such a popular and interesting series in Japan wasn't in Smash before Final Fantasy VII and especially Fire Emblem is beyond me. Love seeing Akira Toriyama's designs translate to Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah my point was the double standard of how violence is acceptable for children but showing skin is not, at least here in the west and with the ESRB system. Besides...I wonder how big the audience of 10-12 year olds is buying Super Smash Brothers that they couldn't just bump up the rating to Teen so there don't have to be so many compromises on character portrayals. I mean it is a fighting game, not Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (which I did enjoy btw).

but anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why such a popular and interesting series in Japan wasn't in Smash before Final Fantasy VII and especially Fire Emblem is beyond me.
They didn't have third party characters in Melee, and Cloud's a much bigger/more popular character than any of the individual Dragon Quest heroes.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but there are plenty of reasons why Cloud made it in before a Dragon Quest character.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Granted. I wasn't saying that's the reason we see slightly toned down women in Smash; I was just saying games in general in regards to making scantily clad characters get hit on both sides by offended people, even just putting characters showing skin in their own games that they can make however they like.
Well, I think there's a lot of nuance to this issue that you're not representing. There's a way to tastefully do a provocative character, and the blowback those instances get is significantly less than when fanservice seems to be done for fanservice's sake. A really good example is Bayonetta, it's ingrained in her personality and fighting style and the cohesion of the character makes it seem tasteful. In contrast, a character that has no such indications of playfulness etc in their personality but seems to wear little clothing specifically for sex appeal seems really cheap to me.

And yeah, there is some degree of gender roles/sexism at play in my opinion. A really clear example is what upgrading your gear tends to look like in MMO/RPGs for male/female characters. Male characters tend to get armor that is more robust and protective, while high-level female armor for whatever reason becomes obviously less protective visually. This is certainly bizarre from a lore standpoint. Providing commentary on the impact these examples have on how I perceive the quality of those games or characters is valuable from my perspective, and isn't a simple case of getting offended. And, yes, the way characters are portrayed in fictional media has a big impact on the real world, so pushing back when it may be hindering societal progress is important as well.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
They didn't have third party characters in Melee, and Cloud's a much bigger/more popular character than any of the individual Dragon Quest heroes.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but there are plenty of reasons why Cloud made it in before a Dragon Quest character.
Was mainly saying because I heard Final Fantasy isn't quite as popular in Japan as Dragon Quest was and especially with their games more prominent on Nintendo consoles, its still surprising to me Cloud made it in before a lot of other characters when he was part of the first Final Fantasy to not reside on Nintendo consoles. I find the Dragon Quest heroes much more interesting in terms of style and gameplay, but I get why Cloud got in first in terms of shock value and popularity. I mean Cloud was the point where I was like okay there's no way there's still a barrier between Banjo & Kazooie and Nintendo/Smash now if Cloud could get in and King K. Rool furthered that. So honestly I'm glad both Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest made it in, especially if it helped open such possibilities and gave both Western and Eastern audiences characters they can appreciate.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
For dlc in Smash 4, I just had Mewtwo, Lucas, and the N64 Kirby stage.
For Ultimate, I bought the fighters pass thanks to Banjo!

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
The DLC Characters in Smash 4 were a disappointment since the DLC fighters were missing custom moves you know THE DEFINING FEATURE OF THE GAME ! no other smash has custom moves

it gives smash "for" a reason to go back to now that ultimate is THE BEST SMASH game (ALTHO UNLOCKING CUSTOM MOVES IS A RNG NIGHMARE !)

dlewis53

Smash Lord
The DLC Characters in Smash 4 were a disappointment since the DLC fighters were missing custom moves you know THE DEFINING FEATURE OF THE GAME ! no other smash has custom moves

it gives smash "for" a reason to go back to now that ultimate is THE BEST SMASH game (ALTHO UNLOCKING CUSTOM MOVES IS A RNG NIGHMARE !)
Honestly, I NEVER used the custom moves (and I REALLY didn't care for the method for acquiring them for the very reason you mentioned), so I saw the DLC Fighters not having them as frankly a good thing, and in turn saw their non-inclusion in Ultimate as a blessing.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm not taking the Discord rumors seriously at all, especially since it can't be verified if they knew what was actually in the Direct beforehand (and how they knew about BOTW2, when not even those going to early press screenings knew about that).

If any rumor seems viable, it's the Gamefaqs rumor. The characters make sense (Lloyd and Crash), it got other stuff right (Mii costumes returning), and it makes sense that they're not planning on a season 2 but open to it. I would have given extra points if they said Hero, instead of Erdrick, but all the insiders used Erdrick's name as well. I question the story behind it, and because they were the most speculated characters, it could have just been lucky guesses. And as with all rumors, I'll take it with a grain of salt. I think once fighter 4 is revealed, we'll know if it's real or not.

Of course, another issue is I'd really love it to be true, so I'm being extra skeptical.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope Gruntilda doesn't just fly around in the background of the stage, but she gets somehow more involved.
Have her interfere as a simple stage boss, have her rhyme insulting the fighters... Something.
Oof, stage bosses are pretty rough. I would honestly rather have her do nothing than constantly interfere with the flow of battle, as bosses do, and cause me to consider Spiral Mountain a "hazards off only" stage. :/

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Custom moves were a poorly implemented, poorly designed and poorly balanced trainwreck and the game is better off without them.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Oof, stage bosses are pretty rough. I would honestly rather have her do nothing than constantly interfere with the flow of battle, as bosses do, and cause me to consider Spiral Mountain a "hazards off only" stage. :/
I agree, it's always why I go hazardless with Mega Man's stage. That being said, that one scene where Banjo's standing in front of Gruntilda's Lair, with the bridge completely intact, makes me wonder if she'll be a boss in classic mode, like Dracula. I definitely don't expect that, since we have no reason to presume bosses will return in DLC, but I would much prefer that to a stage hazard.

EDIT: Also, since I'm feeling like pie-in-the-sky, Grunty's rhymes on Spiral Mountain please. :chuckle:

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Had a few problems with the game yesterday, actually started replaying Tooie today. It's been a long time since I touched this game (could be close to 10 years, in fact), so I thought I'd register my "first" impressions regarding Tooie's game design.

First off: being able to skip the tutorials is a blessing. They're there for people who didn't play the originals, but you can plow straight ahead if you want to.

Mayahem Temple is a great first level for the game. It's slightly more interesting than Mumbo's Mountain was in B-K with its themes, but showcases some of the game's new mechanics. Even the things you need to do with Mumbo and Stony Banjo are simple tasks meant to show you how the layers of exploration interfere in one another for the rest of the game. The level has good landmarks and unlocking each of its areas is very intuitive in general.

A few highlights of Mayahem Temple:

Mayan Kickball - Took me a while to remember what red and black balls were for, but the rest is overall pretty simple. It's one of the easiest minigames, if my memory serves. I do wish some minigames were played only once, though. If I remember correctly, I'll have to do this again some time from now...

Targitzan's Temple - I remembered disliking the Breegull Blaster sections originally, but I never really figured out why. Now, many years later, I finally managed to narrow it down. It's the strafing. Normally, these kinds of games let you "lock in" on an enemy and run around them while firing, but because of the way the Breegull Blaster works, this is kind of impossible. This made Targitzan slightly harder than he should be, but nevertheless, he's still easy enough.

Summon - Golden Goliath - I remember Mumbo doing less than I expected in this game and, at least for this level, that assumption holds true. Still, it is kinda nice that you actually need to explore a bit with the Goliath to do what you need to do with him. Overall, I was able to do everything with Mumbo very fast, but his section was enjoyable enough, I guess.

Brief venture into Terrydactyland - this is actually a really clever way of foreshadowing the way all of the other worlds will work. Mind you, this is probably one of the simplest interactions between worlds in this game. If you go far enough into the cave, you can even get glimpses of new enemies and mechanics (like the Split Up pads). Considering these interactions only get more and more complex, this simple fetch quest is a great way to introduce the concept - especially to players who went through the first game.

Banjo-Tooie (U) snap0000.jpg

This is it for today, I guess. Glitter Gulch Mine... tomorrow, probably.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Yeah my point was the double standard of how violence is acceptable for children but showing skin is not, at least here in the west and with the ESRB system. Besides...I wonder how big the audience of 10-12 year olds is buying Super Smash Brothers that they couldn't just bump up the rating to Teen so there don't have to be so many compromises on character portrayals. I mean it is a fighting game, not Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (which I did enjoy btw).

but anyway
I think Violence is more acceptable than nudity is because violence can be made to be comical while sex appeal can't be done in that sense. With violence, you can make it as over the top as possible where it breaks the suspension of disbelief or you can make it so it doesn't show decapitation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom