• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I don't want to overanalyze the specific language used, but keep in mind that they're saying that they "hope" to see Banjo in Smash - it's not a guarantee.

I just don't want to see everyone become positive that it's absolutely going to happen, only for reality to disappoint once E3 rolls around.

Though if Banjo and Kazooie ARE playable in Smash, then getting the Fighter's Pass will have been more than worth it in my eyes.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's good to see, and from what I've read, Shinobi has a reliable history with leaking material, but I just don't want people to get upset if this turns out to be someone expressing their opinions as opposed to an actual leak.

Also, add some text to your post - image-only posts are considered spam.

D

Deleted member

That's good to see, and from what I've read, Shinobi has a reliable history with leaking material, but I just don't want people to get upset if this turns out to be someone expressing their opinions as opposed to an actual leak.

Also, add some text to your post - image-only posts are considered spam.
Eh, I say let people hype how they please. In the end some people are gonna get salty no matter what so why not let people revel in the hype while it's still there?

zferolie

Smash Hero
So just heard the banjo news. I hope its true, been a banjo fan for years, and knowing Sakurai wanted the pair since melee... this would be an incredible moment for him. What, 15 years coming for the duo?

Still, hype responsibly, and dont be upset if it doesnt happen

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Well hold onto your ***** boys and girls. This is gonna be a wild ride. It's hard to believe our wish my come true.

Also found this....

Attachments

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
ITS ALL OR NOTHING, I'm going in Hard! and if I crash and Burn then to GUH-HUH with it!

Banjo hype level.jpg

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
https://youtu.be/5-B3tb3r7eU Everyone! Gamexplain just uploaded a rumor! FOR BANJO!
While this may not mean much in the long run, it's nice to see that this entire thing is significant enough to draw attention from big gaming news channels. I'm personally ecstatic, as Banjo is my number one pick.

But remember guys, stay calm. Don't treat this as a full lock yet, unless we get something on the level of the Ken image leak or Castlevania music leak.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Ovaltine Ovaltine
I can't wait for that boot. XP
Most importantly, I can't wait for your reaction.
Btw lads.
Stay tuned for the end of the Invitational
Hey, hey! My bets were related to Geno and Erdrick, NOT Banjo! :p

Also, what do you mean by that? What are you sayiiiiiiing?

Anyhow, this looks incredibly good, but I'm still not going to hype yet. I've been burned with Banjo SO many times before. My wounded little heart can't think positively until it actually sees him make his glorious return. Here's hoping...!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
While this may not mean much in the long run, it's nice to see that this entire thing is significant enough to draw attention from big gaming news channels. I'm personally ecstatic, as Banjo is my number one pick.

But remember guys, stay calm. Don't treat this as a full lock yet, unless we get something on the level of the Ken image leak or Castlevania music leak.
Right. True. But just wanted to share.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Let's just say that the speculation ain't over until the fat witch yells her last rhyme!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I just hope that Banjo gets the same love and attention Joker did. I'm just scared that was a one-time thing because Sakurai has heavy bias for Persona.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

Its a bit ironic too. They eventually used the Banjo render as their 'proof' that the Grinch Scam was not legit and why they wouldn't analyze the grinch further, and now here they are immediately spotlighting a Banjo leak. ('Proof' in quotes as GameExplain's evidence was shoddy and easily debunkd that even Team Fake was calling GX out on it).

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
So, we can all agree that if Banjo gets in, we’ll do a thing like K. Rool’s supporters did to thank Sakurai/Nintendo/Microsoft? I think it’s be a good thing to do.

As far as this “leak” goes, we’re not playing around any more. One more week and we’ll be there, potentially plus one bear and bird duo in Smash. I’m on board this hype train until it crashes. Let’s do it!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I got caught up in this thread at work about four hours ago and suddenly when I come home three more pages are added. Things are getting crazy here. All this momentum leading up to E3, I hope things work out in our favor. I will cry happy tears if these two get announced. I got two highly requested in K. Rool and Ridley last year, and now it will be insane to get a third/fourth in Banjo & Kazooie. I would have never imagined this scenario at all if someone told me that five years ago. I can't wait for Banjo to be reunited with Diddy.

Last edited:

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
With E3 being so close legit leaks are going to happen so this new information is getting me hyped (responsibly of course)

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
why the invitational?
I'm not 100% sure on this yet, but Nintendo might be going Capcom mode, and pull a surprise, if you know what I mean

Hey, hey! My bets were related to Geno and Erdrick, NOT Banjo! :p

Also, what do you mean by that? What are you sayiiiiiiing?

Anyhow, this looks incredibly good, but I'm still not going to hype yet. I've been burned with Banjo SO many times before. My wounded little heart can't think positively until it actually sees him make his glorious return. Here's hoping...!
Got myself carried away there by hype, my apologies. But you will still eat the boot. :p

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So, we can all agree that if Banjo gets in, we’ll do a thing like K. Rool’s supporters did to thank Sakurai/Nintendo/Microsoft? I think it’s be a good thing to do.

As far as this “leak” goes, we’re not playing around any more. One more week and we’ll be there, potentially plus one bear and bird duo in Smash. I’m on board this hype train until it crashes. Let’s do it!
Did Sakurai ever get that message from the K. Rool fans?

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
A new game isn’t as likely, but I’m still really hoping we get both Banjo Kazooie/Tooie remakes and Banjo in Smash. I would die a happy man if that happened.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
GameXplain is even talking about it, and remember they did not cover the Grinch leak at all in any videos. Considering that they likely have some Nintendo connections, I don't think they would do a video about it if there wasn't some credibility behind this.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Its a bit ironic too. They eventually used the Banjo render as their 'proof' that the Grinch Scam was not legit and why they wouldn't analyze the grinch further, and now here they are immediately spotlighting a Banjo leak. ('Proof' in quotes as GameExplain's evidence was shoddy and easily debunkd that even Team Fake was calling GX out on it).
Honestly, the one person on team fake for the Grinch that deserves the clout, imo, is Artsy Omni. Someone who actually gave some decent explanations on how it could be faked. But enough about that. Let's hope, but hope responsibly.

The main reason I'm so skeptical right now is because he uses the word "hope". So depending on how you read it, it could be "Banjo is in Smash" or "Banjo is getting something, I hope it's Smash". Fingers crossed, though. Man, this week couldn't go by any faster.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm not 100% sure on this yet, but Nintendo might be going Capcom mode, and pull a surprise, if you know what I mean

Got myself carried away there by hype, my apologies. But you will still eat the boot. :p
Ohhhh gotcha gotcha.

Oh and time to get hyped and listen to this again Banjo fellas…

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Honestly, the one person on team fake for the Grinch that deserves the clout, imo, is Artsy Omni. Someone who actually gave some decent explanations on how it could be faked. But enough about that. Let's hope, but hope responsibly.

The main reason I'm so skeptical right now is because he uses the word "hope". So depending on how you read it, it could be "Banjo is in Smash" or "Banjo is getting something, I hope it's Smash". Fingers crossed, though. Man, this week couldn't go by any faster.
The 'hope' could be wiggle-room technically writing where he can cover a legit leak by phrasing it to be speculation so not to get caught.

But funny enough, here's hoping that Banjo makes it into Smash as a playable character (sometimes fate can act like a literal worded jerk genie. 'I hope Banjo is in Smash' has fate add him as an AT. 'There, he's in Smash. You never specified him being playable!')

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Holy ****.
View attachment 225872
everyone is here!
Hey look, it's me!

So... since this suddenly became relevent, I feel I talk my stance on Banjo-Kazooie, which is... a little controversial. I never played the original games, but my friend had Nuts & Bolts. We were both pretty young at the time, so we thought the vehicle making system was the greatest achievement in all of gaming (my friend managed to recreate the Titanic in that game). I didn't realize the history of the series or the negative stigma with Nuts & Bolts until after I began to dedicate my life to the internet. After that, I started to feel a bit left out, as I didn't (and still don't) have a good way to play those games. So naturally, when Yooka-Laylee, at the time the latest in a long line of successful Kickstarter revivals, was released during my high school years, I picked it up. Unfortunately, the game didn't click with me, and I actually experienced buyer's remorse for the first time ever. This gave me a fear that I might not like the originals, as they were made by the same people.

So yeah, I'm not exactly a "true fan". That being said, there have been rumors of a remaster of some sort, and I might be able to give the games a try if true. Plus, I know my opinion isn't the most popular, but I would be happy on behalf of the fans if they got in. Consider me a supporter, albeit an odd one.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
I don't want false hope, but these leaks are looking fine as ever. It's almost guaranteed something's happening with Banjo, whether it's a new game or Smash.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Hey look, it's me!

So... since this suddenly became relevent, I feel I talk my stance on Banjo-Kazooie, which is... a little controversial. I never played the original games, but my friend had Nuts & Bolts. We were both pretty young at the time, so we thought the vehicle making system was the greatest achievement in all of gaming (my friend managed to recreate the Titanic in that game). I didn't realize the history of the series or the negative stigma with Nuts & Bolts until after I began to dedicate my life to the internet. After that, I started to feel a bit left out, as I didn't (and still don't) have a good way to play those games. So naturally, when Yooka-Laylee, at the time the latest in a long line of successful Kickstarter revivals, was released during my high school years, I picked it up. Unfortunately, the game didn't click with me, and I actually experienced buyer's remorse for the first time ever. This gave me a fear that I might not like the originals, as they were made by the same people.

So yeah, I'm not exactly a "true fan". That being said, there have been rumors of a remaster of some sort, and I might be able to give the games a try if true. Plus, I know my opinion isn't the most popular, but I would be happy on behalf of the fans if they got in. Consider me a supporter, albeit an odd one.
Nah, N&B is eleven years old at this point. I think most sensible people are able to see the game for what it is - a great vehicle-building game. Not the sequel anyone wanted for a 3D platformer series, but a fine game on its own merits. In my eyes, even if you haven't played the originals I'd still consider people who've only played N&B or even Banjo-Pilot "true fans." But I also don't think that term means much, since I doubt most Banjo fans are the kind to gatekeep in this day and age.

But for what it's worth, many people, including hardcore Banjo fans, weren't too hot on Yooka-Laylee, so the first two games might still be up your alley if you ever have a chance to play them.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I guess I need to pick up Rare Replay when it hits Switch.

Congrats guys, it seems likes it actually is happening this time.

Top Bottom