• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Re: the Humba thing, I think the most offensive thing about her were her speech patterns. Lots of "big heap" this and that. I think as long as they fix that and maybe use her Nuts & Bolts design, which is better in every way, we should be fine.

As for this ResetEra thing... oh dear. I don't know if I have it in me to hype responsibly.

There's a difference between the examples you all used and Indigenous Peoples of the Americas. Many of us continue to be genocided. Even in 2017 there were Indigenous women in Canada who were sterilized without their consent. Mexicans aren't being genocided. They didn't have their culture outlawed. And a lot of people who say they're Native aren't actually Native so the whold G&W feather thing isn't really a good example either.

I know you said to drop it but I had to say something. A lot of people don't really seem to understand the situation and how it's different.
I realize it's not a contest and if it were then Natives would "win," but please let's not minimize the suffering that Mexicans and other Hispanic people have gone through/are currently going through. We have literal concentration camps now, for God's sake.

...It's 404'd. What was it? What was it?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Neither. I don't think the full DLC has leaked. Just (possibly) Erdrick and Banjo.
Final 2 characters are anyone's educated guess.
Good, then my boy Sergeant Cortez from TimeSplitters 2 will still have a shot a being in the Fighters Pass!

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I mean, Sakurai said realizable fighters right from the get-go, so that loophole was never exactly hidden, as I recall. That means that if he decided a character's moveset potential wasn't good enough for him, or if the licensing was too much of a pain in the ***, it was basically his prerogative to decide that they were, de facto, "unrealizable."
Yes, I'm well aware and argued that very fact for a long time and it wasn't until people saw the slot data that people realized Bayo wasn't actually as high up as Nintendo claimed. It was a suggestion box and it was up to them to ignore or listen to suggestions as they pleased but still didn't mean she was a truly popular choice and they tried to portray her as such.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Alright gang, Banjoroos, we are in code red I feel.

That being said, if any leaks start coming out. SPOILER TAG THAT S***. Some people want to be surprised and what not. We should be mindful of such people.

Also...screw the hype responsibility rule! HYPE TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I've been struggling with chronic depression since 2002ish and I know a Banjo revival isn't going to solve all my problems but the mere possibility of seeing the furry ******* again is filling my brain with happy chemicals.

I don't think we can realistically expect Banjo-Threeie (Rare Replay or just Kazooie and Tooie on Switch are much more likely, imo), but if such a thing were to exist, the world would feel a little bit more right.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Shinobi seems like a very credible leaker, much more than Verge, so I don't think he would hint at Banjo if he at least hadn't heard something about him being in Smash at E3. I don't think he would "ruffle feathers" just for the sake of it unless he was at least somewhat sure of what he was saying.

I would like to see one other credible leaker confirm Banjo as well before I go 100% in, but for now, I'm much more optimistic than I was a few days ago despite trying to hype responsibly.

ze9

Smash Ace
Ridley, K. Rool, Simon and Banjo.
All these just battles that this fanbase has been fighting for for years getting thier good ending in Ultimate is just... touching. And right.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
The Steve trolls are awfully quiet all of the sudden. There's been a noticeable decrease in "haha b00mer" and clown memes.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
guys n gals please Please hype responsibly, how many E3s have we gotten NOTHING about banjo ??? ALL THE E3s ! don't get yor hopes up

ze9

Smash Ace
I don't mind being called a boomer. Boomers are always portrayed like productive members of society.
I'll be sure to snag some Monsters to sip while I'm watching E3.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
1559681323054.png

good luck fellas

i'm more of a steve guy but this is smelling pretty good for y'all and i can't say no to a bit of positivity for a change

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Well I am VERY happy we are getting a banjo kazooie cable guy figure

looks like a lot of things are pointing to banjo this time....but it felt that way B4 tho so I'm am going to hype responsibly

but watch THIS will be the time banjo will be reveiled at E3 ! when my Computer broke ! & I can't really recored my reaction T_T I always wanted to recored my reaction if banjo got reviled :/ I'll have to find a way reactions are fun

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Yes... let the hype flow through you. Live a little. HYPE UNRESPONSIBLY ! T-Minus: 1 week.

Its feast or famine for me from this point out i'm all in!!

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Ovaltine Ovaltine
I can't wait for that boot. XP
Most importantly, I can't wait for your reaction.
Btw lads.
Stay tuned for the end of the Invitational

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I'm offline for 12 hours and I come back to 4 pages. That's when you know something went down. The branding thing I am skeptical of its relevance; I wouldn't exactly call Killer Instinct relevant (last game was 2013) but you never know. It's still promising to see B-K among the likes of recently-rebooted Crash and Spyro.

However, nothing up to that point ever indicated Smash specifically to me. All of the figures and merch seemed to me more likely point towards a new game/remaster/remake than anything. Like, why would they be having other people making Banjo figures if Banjo were to get an Amiibo for Smash? This is all, of course, before seeing the Shinobi comment. I'm trying not to get hype but all the evidence seems to point to him having a good track record, so it's definitely an eyebrow-raiser. Still, you can never be too careful; I'm not letting myself believe it until I see them in-game. I remember the night before the final base game direct there was a so-called credible insider group who posted that the N64 Mini was happening with Rare games on it, which of course ended up being fake. One way or another, E3 is going to be very emotional for a lot of us lol.

And finally, I couldn't care less about Erdrick or DQ to be honest. But I'm sure I'd warm up to him. And if we get Banjo, I'm down for literally anybody else in the rest of the Fighters Pass. Getting K. Rool and Banjo in the same game would be too much for me, they're two characters I've wanted for nearly two decades. I'd never ask for another character again.

D

Deleted member

Haven't posted here yet.
I wouldn't get super ahead of myself just yet, after all both Ryce and Shinobi don't have much in the way of a track record with Nintendo leaks other than Ridley who seems like an open secret, but I can't deny it's definitely pointing in favour of the bear and bird. Getting Banjo in would be so cool, after all these years of them being in their own separate sector of gaming, it would be nice to let them at least one last reunion with the nintendo crew.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hype Responsibly?

More like...

GUH-HUH UNCONTROLLABLY!!!

We waited since the days of Melee for this and now credible sources are coming out backing Banjo. Things have never looked as good for us as they do now.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Amazing news for us Banjo fans! On the other hand, still want Slime so badly over Erdrick :-(

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey guys. Mod speaking here. Please avoid media-only posts. These are considered spam here. Likewise, please avoid images that flash or have fast animations(pleasne put these in spoilers instead). Many users have eye problems or could get epilepsy. Please be courteous to other users who browse this site. :)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't want to overanalyze the specific language used, but keep in mind that they're saying that they "hope" to see Banjo in Smash - it's not a guarantee.

I just don't want to see everyone become positive that it's absolutely going to happen, only for reality to disappoint once E3 rolls around.

Though if Banjo and Kazooie ARE playable in Smash, then getting the Fighter's Pass will have been more than worth it in my eyes.

Top Bottom