• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Maybe not for Smash necessarily, no. But it's certainly odd to see this merch support back. The deal was made in 2016, as you said... yet the image with the Banjo logo was updated recently, and differs from one on their site. This is what surprised me, at least, especially along with the other stuff from other companies.

At the very least, there's a push for Banjo merch, which means he's getting back some attention. Either way, it's a good thing.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Wait, wasn't it assumed that it was actually Starlink's GP mode and they saw the Star Fox characters and thus that confusion was generated?
There was a big set of “leaks” circulating before that direct which ended up being completely bogus and specifically Star Fox GP was one of the things listed.

ze9

Smash Ace
>Shinobi is pretty well known on RE for insider knowledge
>is an Admin on RE
>RE bans fake leakers
>Banjo’s in Smash
Oh boy.
I'm trying to keep my expectations down, but man it is hard right now.
Maybe... maybe this is it?

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I'm tryna keep my hopes and expectations as low as possible but all this news and speculation is making it difficult lmao :laugh:

One more week lads!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

>is an Admin on RE
>RE bans fake leakers
>Banjo’s in Smash
Doesn't sound too convincing. What has he gotten right in the past?

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Doesn't sound too convincing. What has he gotten right in the past?
"He leaked stuff about God of War 2018, ME Andromeda, Call of Duty WWII, Gears of War 4, Anthem, Destiny 2 and some other things. He is trustworthy." I am THE MESSENGER. I dont know what to believe.... but holy ****

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Crickets on the main newcomer speculation thread, but most of them think Erdrick and Steve are inevitable

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Im in a couple of diff discords for leakers, and rn everyone is taking this Shinobi post VERY seriously

Im in a couple of diff discords for leakers, and rn everyone is taking this Shinobi post VERY seriously
Oh ****..... apparently he leaked Ridley last year......

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Bruh...you gotta share screencaps.
Everything worth seeing I've already posted in here. Right now everyones going over what Shinobi has leaked in the past: a ton of Micro stuff and apparently Ridley. He's been a Mod on those boards for years, meaning he deff has clout

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Wait, wasn't it assumed that it was actually Starlink's GP mode and they saw the Star Fox characters and thus that confusion was generated?
That’s just a cover up, Star Fox Grand Prix was a giant hoax from the beginning that fooled everyone, why would they see racing DLC at a time where we didn’t even know StarLink was going to have StarFox before the game even came out

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
"He leaked stuff about God of War 2018, ME Andromeda, Call of Duty WWII, Gears of War 4, Anthem, Destiny 2 and some other things. He is trustworthy." I am THE MESSENGER. I dont know what to believe.... but holy ****
I just looked up his Mass effect Andromeda leak and consider me convinced

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
I still need a bit more convincing on this guy. I don't want to get grinched again. I don't want to lose Banjo again like I lost Geno...

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I still need a bit more convincing on this guy. I don't want to get grinched again. I don't want to lose Banjo again like I lost Geno...
My advice: just don't be convinced until you see a trailer; you're better off that way. Even if this dude's the most reputable leaker who ever lived, somehow, there's still a chance he's wrong and there's still a chance he made his comment as a speculator and not a "leaker," so personally, I take it more as a "oh hey, Banjo just got a bit more likely, cool!" and less as a "HE'S IN, BOYS."

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

>is an Admin on RE
>RE bans fake leakers
>Banjo’s in Smash
Now things are starting to get exciting.

Is he a credible leaker? I don't want to get my hopes up, but this is really starting to sound like it could be happening.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
My advice: just don't be convinced until you see a trailer; you're better off that way. Even if this dude's the most reputable leaker who ever lived, somehow, there's still a chance he's wrong and there's still a chance he made his comment as a speculator and not a "leaker," so personally, I take it more as a "oh hey, Banjo just got a bit more likely, cool!" and less as a "HE'S IN, BOYS."
That's my mindset at the moment. 'Guh-huh' responsibly, everyone!

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Now things are starting to get exciting.

Is he a credible leaker? I don't want to get my hopes up, but this is really starting to sound like it could be happening.
From what I'm seeing (e.g. the Mass Effect: Andromeda stuff earlier in the thread), he's certainly got some credibility. My concern is more with whether or not he was even attempting to hint at something he knows is happening in that comment. It's vague, and he uses the word "hoping." You could take that as him hedging a bit and playing coy with his information, or you could take it as him - a person with more industry awareness than the average poster - speculating based on the same information we have, plus maybe a little extra.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Well, that is a nice lead. Saw some people pointing out that the leaker doesn't have much of history with Microsoft or Nintendo, but at the same time, if the person has built a reputation for themselves they wouldn't go 100% on it like this, so yeah, very convincing stuff.

It will be very nice if Banjo is the first fully western rep, considering the history they and Rare have with Nintendo, I couldn't think of a better fit, its like if the first third party we had was Megaman or some other heavily tied to Nintendo character over Snake (Nothing against Snake though). I already said in the past that "if you get Microsoft on board it has to be them " so I never particularly believed MC or MC... I mean, Master Chief or Minecraft over them, but I never felt too sure about a possible Microsoft rep, I guess.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
That’s just a cover up, Star Fox Grand Prix was a giant hoax from the beginning that fooled everyone, why would they see racing DLC at a time where we didn’t even know StarLink was going to have StarFox before the game even came out
Ah, the old jebait into "w-wait it was just miscommunication, don't take my credibility away"... the best kind of combo.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I really don't trust a single word that Emily Rogers says.
...why? She's literally been right about nearly everything since the beginning of Era.

I mean that image right there literally has her hinting at Ultimate's name right there before it was revealed. And then hinting at it being unveiled during the March Direct last year.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
We're at hype level Orange. That means something might go down in some way at some point in time. SO LOOK SHARP

Last edited:
Top Bottom