• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I am honestly allowing myself to get 100% hyped by all these posts by brands and now “”insiders”” because the alternative is that they’re full of **** and just trying to rile people up to get attention. The resulting ****storm they would face if Banjo doesn’t show up will be glorious because it will be entirely their own fault.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I still can't believe out of all good Square Enix picks they could possibly go with they more then likely are going with some random dragon quest dude.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If Banjo Kazooie are coming to Super Smash Bros Ultimate which leak do you think is going to be correct?

A. The Google Theory with Artorias, Doom Guy and Ryu Hayubusa
B. That 4Chan leak that said Erdrick, Leon Kennedy and Lloyd
C. Another leak containing Banjo Kazooie

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
If Banjo Kazooie are coming to Super Smash Bros Ultimate which leak do you think is going to be correct?

I pick B. i believe that fits with the mii costume theory as well

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

The Google theory for the love of God. Banjo would be the only good pick out of option B. I just also really want Doom Guy.

Looma

Smash Journeyman

Google Theory, if only just because it's by far the most tangible thing we have and it seems to be unbreakable by anything but official announcements.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

Probably C.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

Google Theory. Honestly, Banjo is the only one that I want in the 4Chan leak. I'd much rather have Doom Guy than Erdrick.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman

I don't believe any four characters leak by default, so C?

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

Most likely it'll be C. but the best one for me would likely be B.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
We're past the point of no return. This thread is going to burn hard if Banjo is not revealed.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe any four characters leak by default, so C?
Agreed. Inherently suspicious. And as far as the other two given choices, I've seen enough arguments to throw the legitimacy of the Google leak at the very least into question, and the 4chan leak is, uh... a 4chan leak.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
WE BROKE RESETERA GUYS
I'm more inclined to trust the Resetera admins than I am with Verge, and if Banjo is revealed instead of Erdrick that also means that Verge's last remaining credibility is gone. Though I'm still betting on a double reveal.

But the admins would face a huge backlash if they're screwing with us and nobody will trust them if they're wrong about Banjo.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
There are just way more interesting DQ characters out there than Erdrick though. That’s the issue.
I understand, but I feel Sakurai would have chosen the Chocobo instead of Cloud by that logic. Erdrick's inclusion does make sense, especially when you consider the immense impact DQIII had in Japan.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Are we living in the ONE timeline out of 14 million where Banjo wins? Grinch - Infinity war, E3 could be our Endgame. Things have really turned in our favor recently.
PicsArt_06-04-12.20.09.jpg

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I understand, but I feel Sakurai would have chosen the Chocobo instead of Cloud by that logic. Erdrick's inclusion does make sense, especially when you consider the immense impact DQIII had in Japan.
On top of that, I read an interview recently in which Sakurai was asked to choose a favorite Final Fantasy and a favorite DQ.

Guess which DQ he picked?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Cloud has way more of a personality/character and is a more iconic character than Erdrick though. People also actually asked for Cloud. Slime has gotten more votes in polls than Erdrick.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Honestly I can't wait till the Erdrick reveal trailer where they try really hard to justify why he was added in the English commentary. "look we know none of you played this game and we know none of you have heard of this character but he's cool alright just accept him"

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Honestly I can't wait till the Erdrick reveal trailer where they try really hard to justify why he was added in the English commentary. "look we know none of you played this game and we know none of you have heard of this character but he's cool alright just accept him"
Sakurai probably: "During the ballot, Bayo was the winner but Erdrick was a close second. We couldn't add him to the base game because we were focusing hard on all returning vets, but now you can finally play as the character you totally actually 100% voted for. Your welcome."

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
We didn't get any justification for Joker in both his initial TGA reveal and the 3.0 video. I don't expect such things for Erdrick other than he hails from Dragon Quest III.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Sakurai probably: "During the ballot, Bayo was the winner but Erdrick was a close second. We couldn't add him to the base game because we were focusing hard on all returning vets, but now you can finally play as the character you totally actually 100% voted for. Your welcome."
and just like Bayo people will act like they voted for Erdrick from the very start and act like that many people actually voted for him?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Neither. I don't think the full DLC has leaked. Just (possibly) Erdrick and Banjo.
Final 2 characters are anyone's educated guess.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I mean, Sakurai said realizable fighters right from the get-go, so that loophole was never exactly hidden, as I recall. That means that if he decided a character's moveset potential wasn't good enough for him, or if the licensing was too much of a pain in the ass, it was basically his prerogative to decide that they were, de facto, "unrealizable."

Top Bottom