• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Yeah I don't see much issue with Humba. Hell, her Nuts & Bolts design is much more suggestive but I don't remember anyone complaining on that either.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Humba is stereotypical, but its not the offensive kind of way imo. They never really played off her being native for a joke if i remember right, she just was who she was. Just kind of showed that even in the banjo world there were plenty of people with different cultures. Im not pulling out the pitchfork and torch if they change her, but it seems like such a non issue to go out of their way to change it. We never censored Liu Kang for being a stereotypical asian martial arts man, we dont really need to change this either.

Substitute

Smash Apprentice
I'm fine with humba & see no real reason to changer her in a remake, she is what she is otherwise you end up with SJW snowflakes trying to change everthing about the remakes B/C rares crude humor isn't PC for nowadays & we will end up with another simpsons apu situation
Let me guess, you're one of the ignorant people thst cried out "censorship!!1" and "damn sjws" when they patched out Game and Watch's offensive native american depiction?

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
There is nothing racist nor sterotypical about her design. Native americans wore garb that like, I remember people getting angry about Super Mario odyssey's Mexican town, yet it didn't change.

People need to understand that there is a difference between sterootypical(every asian is good at math) and homaging design of ancient culture. By your logic every asain character that wears a rice hat is racist and stereotyping.
Funny thing is that even we mexicans didn't get mad, we thought it was pretty cool and we know they were trying to depict the colors and joy of our culture. I mean they could've portrayed drug dealers/narcos if they wanted to be offensive.
For Humba Wumba I, as a kid and now, didn't see it as offensive but when they mentioned Speedy Gonzales as a comparison I understood why it could be taken as a little. Offensive

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo @ E3 is 7 days and only 2 hours away! Makes me excited. Hopefully, in something more than 7 days, we know Banjo is joining the series we all love, and will love. Forever.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Nintendo @ E3 is 7 days and only 2 hours away! Makes me excited. Hopefully, in something more than 7 days, we know Banjo is joining the series we all love, and will love. Forever.
Banjo Kazooie would be in between Wolf and Sheik for allstar mode.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
On a somewhat related note, I don't really recall hearing major backlash other than some random journalist on some website that got minor attention for Super Mario Odyssey for having that Mexican themed world along with Mario wearing a sombrero and poncho, Though I do remember they had to alter the front box art because of that which I didn't think was necessary.

Me personally being Mexican-American thought it was really cool and an honor to have the mascot of Nintendo "Most iconic video game character in the world" that played a major role in my childhood and the reason I became such a big Nintendo fan/gamer pay an homage to my heritage and heard nothing ,But positivity and respect from many others too.

The whole situation kind of reminds me of the Taco Bell Chihuahua commercials from the late 90's when I was a kid which me and my family loved, But were unfortunately removed because I guess some groups found it offensive.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Substitute Substitute that was also a non issue like 4 wineing SJWs on twitter cryed about it & they changed it despite more native americans comming out saying it was fine, now MG&W looks like its just his dingaling is hanging out without the feather witch is worse looking IMO

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Alright boys. D-day is exactly one week from now. I hope Nintendo (and microsolf) give me a belated birthday present.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Though I don't see it getting announced ,But what would everyone's reaction be if Banjo-Threeie gets announced at E3, But they still managed to say it's "Xbox Exclusive"?

I know Microsoft isn't as hesistant as they used to be with exclusive IP's seeing how Halo and Xbox Game Pass is coming to PC, Then again Microsoft has Windows on there and aren't strangers to PC's, But bringing major exclusives to another console will definitely turn heads.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Though I don't see it getting announced ,But what would everyone's reaction be if Banjo-Threeie gets announced at E3, But they still managed to say it's "Xbox Exclusive"?

I know Microsoft isn't as hesistant as they used to be with exclusive IP's seeing how Halo and Xbox Game Pass is coming to PC, Then again Microsoft has Windows on there and aren't strangers to PC's, But bringing major exclusives to another console will definitely turn heads.
My reaction:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

It's a new Banjo game. No way it isn't hype.

I'd be hyped for Nuts and Bolts 2 though...

AugustusB

Smash Champion
One week from today, we will get hopefully get confirmation of if there is a Microsoft rep.

The stars are aligned to have one. Here's to hoping it is our beloved Bear and Bird.

And if it is...I might leave Smashboards. I would have nothing to speculate on.

Geno was my second highest and it seems like a pipe dream. Banjo and Kazooie are actually in the realm of possibility.

Here's to hoping!!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Honestly at this point, all I really want is Banjo & Kazooie in Smash. Not only because I would finally have my all-time favorite characters finally be recognized in basically video game's all-star hall of fame and one of my favorite video game series of all time, but I feel like that is the most realistic outcome for them and the one surefire way for them to make a comeback before anything else. Afterwards, hopefully we'd see ports and remasters and maybe even a shiny new sequel down the line. I mean if Cloud can finally get his games on the Switch and a remaster of his game after it being the very first Final Fantasy to NOT be on a Nintendo console and him being in Smash, hopefully there's hope for a pair of characters who were legit Nintendo all-stars and be where they truly belonged all along.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, we're a week away from Nintendo's Direct, which I imagine is where at least one Smash announcement will be. Let's hope our dynamic duo is part of it.

Also, if they do get in, I'm hoping they do the music justice, not just with source tracks, but also with remixes; I listened to all five Donkey Kong remixes today and they are GOD TIER, so I hope that Banjo-Kazooie get a similar treatment if they get in!

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Uh guys?

IT. KEEPS. HAPPENING.
The only thing that I fear about Banjo Kazooie's chances is Nintendo themselves. I really hope Nintendo made them the next frontrunners behind Joker.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
If Banjo makes it, I have the perfect music track list for him:
Mumbo's Mountain medley
Treasure Trove Cove medley
Freezey Peak medley
Gobi's Valley medley
Rusty Bucket Bay main theme
Click Clock Wood (Spring)
Grunty's Furnace Fun
Final Grunty Battle
Spiral Mountain New Remix
Klungo Battle
Glitter Gultch Mine medley
Witchy World medley
Terrydactyleland medley
Cloud Cuckoo Land medley
Tower of Tragedy
Hag 1 Battle

And I hope these from Rare:
Diddy Kong Racing Boss Theme
Diddy Kong Racing Main Theme medley
Taj Race
Minigame/Battle
Wizpig Race
Jet Force Gemini Main Theme
Conker's Bad Fur Day Main Theme

And of course, Banjo's victory theme: Jiggy collected fanfare, with the pause screen music playing like how Cloud's theme continues playing after his victory animation.

Did I pick some good ones?

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
Humba is stereotypical, but its not the offensive kind of way imo. They never really played off her being native for a joke if i remember right, she just was who she was. Just kind of showed that even in the banjo world there were plenty of people with different cultures. Im not pulling out the pitchfork and torch if they change her, but it seems like such a non issue to go out of their way to change it. We never censored Liu Kang for being a stereotypical asian martial arts man, we dont really need to change this either.
Substitute Substitute that was also a non issue like 4 wineing SJWs on twitter cryed about it & they changed it despite more native americans comming out saying it was fine, now MG&W looks like its just his dingaling is hanging out without the feather witch is worse looking IMO
There's quite a lot of stereotypes and offensive humour in the Banjo games in fairness. I really don't want to see a bastardised remake. If you're remaking the games, they have to be authentic to the originals.
I'm fine with humba & see no real reason to changer her in a remake, she is what she is otherwise you end up with SJW snowflakes trying to change everthing about the remakes B/C rares crude humor isn't PC for nowadays & we will end up with another simpsons apu situation
There is nothing racist nor sterotypical about her design. Native americans wore garb that like, I remember people getting angry about Super Mario odyssey's Mexican town, yet it didn't change.

People need to understand that there is a difference between sterootypical(every asian is good at math) and homaging design of ancient culture. By your logic every asain character that wears a rice hat is racist and stereotyping.
Maybe I'm just oblivious (which could very well be true) , but why was Humba offensive? Her design is probably generic but is she really giving off negative vibes? What makes her different from Pocahontas?

This sounds like a speedy Gonzales situation to me where people just assume the character is offensive but really the people love them (although obviously Humba isn't that notable to really care as much Speedy)
There's a difference between the examples you all used and Indigenous Peoples of the Americas. Many of us continue to be genocided. Even in 2017 there were Indigenous women in Canada who were sterilized without their consent. Mexicans aren't being genocided. They didn't have their culture outlawed. And a lot of people who say they're Native aren't actually Native so the whold G&W feather thing isn't really a good example either.

This is getting too political. Let’s drop it, please.
I know you said to drop it but I had to say something. A lot of people don't really seem to understand the situation and how it's different.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
The only thing that I fear about Banjo Kazooie's chances is Nintendo themselves. I really hope Nintendo made them the next frontrunners behind Joker.
What does that mean?

You should avoid double posting since it is against the rules. Just wanted to give you a heads up on that.
Sorry. Still new. Thanks for the advice.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Uh guys?

IT. KEEPS. HAPPENING.
Yet another company that's marketing Banjo-Kazooie at E3. This can't be a coincidence.

Either something's happening, or this is a really cynical marketing strategy that's going to backfire on them.

Top Bottom