• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
I got caught up in this thread at work about four hours ago and suddenly when I come home three more pages are added. Things are getting crazy here. All this momentum leading up to E3, I hope things work out in our favor. I will cry happy tears if these two get announced. I got two highly requested in K. Rool and Ridley last year, and now it will be insane to get a third/fourth in Banjo & Kazooie. I would have never imagined this scenario at all if someone told me that five years ago. I can't wait for Banjo to be reunited with Diddy.
are you me? lol literally same thing happened

StormC

Smash Hero
Imagine in February 2018 someone told you they would announce a Smash to come out that year, with all veterans, K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I imagine Sakurai might troll us a bit in Banjo's trailer like with K. Rool's. Here is how!

It starts with Mario, DK, Diddy and K. Rool fighting it out some. DK punches Mario sending him flying, but he lands and slides back then runs back in. The camera stays in place and zooms to a nearby wall. Where a shadow appears, the shadow of Steve (Yes, using him to troll). Basically, Banjo is doing a shadow puppet of Steve, to troll us. :)

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I am kind of scared though. What if all this mercy building up...is just Banjo as a Spirit... I mean, I doubt Nintendo would do that after they have seen how much fans have been asking. But still...

StormC

Smash Hero
I am kind of scared though. What if all this mercy building up...is just Banjo as a Spirit... I mean, I doubt Nintendo would do that after they have seen how much fans have been asking. But still...
ResetERA admins and mods understand how much weight their words carry. Shinobi wouldn't post this without reason to believe Banjo is playable.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I imagine Sakurai might troll us a bit in Banjo's trailer like with K. Rool's. Here is how!

It starts with Mario, DK, Diddy and K. Rool fighting it out some. DK punches Mario sending him flying, but he lands and slides back then runs back in. The camera stays in place and zooms to a nearby wall. Where a shadow appears, the shadow of Steve (Yes, using him to troll). Basically, Banjo is doing a shadow puppet of Steve, to troll us. :)
That'd be the worst way to announce Banjo-Kazooie.

It'd crap on all the Minecraft fans and throw shade on B-K.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm little bit afraid myself, but I would just enjoy the hype while it lasts for now. I'm going to believe until we reach the end of the tunnel.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, we can all agree that if Banjo gets in, we’ll do a thing like K. Rool’s supporters did to thank Sakurai/Nintendo/Microsoft? I think it’s be a good thing to do.

As far as this “leak” goes, we’re not playing around any more. One more week and we’ll be there, potentially plus one bear and bird duo in Smash. I’m on board this hype train until it crashes. Let’s do it!
If you guys go through with this, definitely make sure Phil Spencer is at the top of your list of recipients.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Really hope it turns out to be true this time.

Not just because Banjo Kazooie in Smash (or rare replay on the Switch, or B&K remake) would be amazing and it’d feel like after a decade’s worth of being ignored by the industry the Bear and Bird would finally get a chance to shine again.

But also because I don’t wanna see this thread burn if nothing happens :upsidedown:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Not just because Banjo Kazooie in Smash (or rare replay on the Switch, or B&K remake) would be amazing and it’d feel like after a decade’s worth of being ignored by the industry the Bear and Bird would finally get a chance to shine again.

But also because I don’t wanna see this thread burn if nothing happens :upsidedown:
You and me both, old pal. The fire would never die out. EVEN if a new Banjo game came out later in life.

Also BKupa666 BKupa666 YES. This probably never would have happened without Phil Spencer.

IF it happens, that is. (STILL HYPE UP!) Though I cannot wait for the video reactions on YouTube if/when it happens.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Did Sakurai ever get that message from the K. Rool fans?
I'm not sure if it did ever reach Sakurai himself but, NoA did send a very thoughtful response to all of us.
I'm sure BKupa666 BKupa666 would know for sure.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Assuming it's safe to be optimistic in this scenario, what are your 'bear' minimum hopes for what may come with Banjo-Kazooie in the fighter pass?

I need Gruntilda to appear as a stage boss. OG Grunty or Hag 1, either would satiate me, but she can't just be a spirit and in terms of other B-K characters they could chuck in like they did on the Persona stage, only she, Mumbo and arguably Bottles can be considered frontrunners for that privilege.

Would also like a remix of a Rare song not from Banjo. A medley would kick ass, but something like the theme from Diddy Kong Racing or Windy and Co from Conker seem like this is their only chance to get some lovin' in Smash.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I'm going down with this mother GUH-HUHucking ship if nothing happens.

honestly if Banjo isn't revealed at E3, my hope for him will sink drastically, I mean yeah, there would still be the other Fighter pass slots but revealing Banjo off at E3 where Microsoft is also currently present as well just seems too right.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Assuming it's safe to be optimistic in this scenario, what are your 'bear' minimum hopes for what may come with Banjo-Kazooie in the fighter pass?

I need Gruntilda to appear as a stage boss. OG Grunty or Hag 1, either would satiate me, but she can't just be a spirit and in terms of other B-K characters they could chuck in like they did on the Persona stage, only she, Mumbo and arguably Bottles can be considered frontrunners for that privilege.

Would also like a remix of a Rare song not from Banjo. A medley would kick ***, but something like the theme from Diddy Kong Racing or Windy and Co from Conker seem like this is their only chance to get some lovin' in Smash.
Gruntilda codex and Gruntilda's Lair as a stage.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
You and me both, old pal. The fire would never die out. EVEN if a new Banjo game came out later in life.

Also BKupa666 BKupa666 YES. This probably never would have happened without Phil Spencer.

IF it happens, that is. (STILL HYPE UP!) Though I cannot wait for the video reactions on YouTube if/when it happens.
Billybo10K just uploaded a video on what I am dubbing, the Shinobi Leak!

Noipoi

Howdy!

Would also like a remix of a Rare song not from Banjo. A medley would kick ***, but something like the theme from Diddy Kong Racing or Windy and Co from Conker seem like this is their only chance to get some lovin' in Smash.
All I expect are Banjo Kazooie, a stage, some spirits, and some rad remixes.

That way anything else is a bonus!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm not sure if it did ever reach Sakurai himself but, NoA did send a very thoughtful response to all of us.
I'm sure BKupa666 BKupa666 would know for sure.
We translated the letter into Japanese and sent that out alongside the English version online and in the envelope mailed to Nintendo of America. Though Sakurai probably did not physically receive it, I like to think the message reached him, whether through his communications with NoA or from gaming sites covering the letter.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I would absolutely love a Mumbo assist trophy but that seems unlikely.

Maybe a stage that can incorporate as many cameos as possible?

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman

If this all comes to pass, honestly, I don't need too much. The character themselves is more than enough. But a stage is a given, probably Spiral Mountain but down for anything else from Kazooie or Tooie. Some spirits & spirit battles of the core characters. And at least as many songs as Persona got, I imagine mostly direct ports from Kazooie and Tooie but maybe even a remix or two.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Well I expect Banjo Kazooie a stage some rare spirites

& mii costumes 3 banjo costumes & 3 M$ ones
Mumbo, Grunty & humba
Master chief, steve & conker

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

I think Gruntilda's Lair would be the best stage for that.
Not gonna lie. Grunty's lair seems like a bit of an aesthetically boring stage considering the absolute variety in the two main N64 games. Being just a castle top...

I'd prefer almost anything else.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If this all comes to pass, honestly, I don't need too much. The character themselves is more than enough. But a stage is a given, probably Spiral Mountain but down for anything else from Kazooie or Tooie. Some spirits & spirit battles of the core characters. And at least as many songs as Persona got, I imagine mostly direct ports from Kazooie and Tooie but maybe even a remix or two.
I'm praying to God that there will be a Hailfire Peaks remix included with them. That's the only song I really need from Tooie more than anything else.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

You do realize it'll burn either way, right?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So I got a question, people are talking about what Shinobi has gotten right? But what about what he's gotten wrong?

Top Bottom