• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
By the way guys, speaking of Jinjos, do you guys think the word "Jinjo" is a combination of the word "banjo" and a word that starts with the letter J? Maybe Jingle? I think the Jinjo's name is music related in a mixed sense.
If I'm not mistaken, they were named such because their creator (whose name escapes me atm) was a... Um.. Well he was a ginger.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If I'm not mistaken, they were named such because their creator (whose name escapes me atm) was a... Um.. Well he was a ginger.
Oh, I see. I just couldn't help notice the "jo" at the end of "Jinjo", thinking it had to do with Banjo in a way, not completely, but still...

MisterMike

Smash Champion
By the way guys, speaking of Jinjos, do you guys think the word "Jinjo" is a combination of the word "banjo" and a word that starts with the letter J? Maybe Jingle? I think the Jinjo's name is music related in a mixed sense.
If memory serves, it comes from one of the dev's nicknames; his mum called him "Jinji" and the other devs decided to name a creature after it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If memory serves, it comes from one of the dev's nicknames; his mum called him "Jinji" and the other devs decided to name a creature after it.
That makes even more sense now! As for the rest of what I am going to say, let me repeat part of a post I already made here.

I just couldn't help notice the "jo" at the end of "Jinjo", thinking it had to do with Banjo in a way, not completely, but still...

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So I finally managed to get every last Spirit in Smash Ultimate as well as play with every character enough times to have over 100 KOs each! I think I'm gonna follow some of your all's leads and try and 100% completely finish Banjo-Tooie before Banjo & Kazooie's inevitable release in Smash Ultimate! I literally have only Cloud Cuckooland left to complete (dreading those Canary Mary races) and the endgame and I'll have Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie completed and be all set for their inclusion in Smash Ultimate!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Indeed it was based on his nickname, though I like the idea of retroactively saying it's a portmanteau of "jingle" and "Banjo".

I’ve been playin Banjo Kazooie.

It’s good stuff , I see why the N64 kids liked it so much.
Where are you at now? I'm now heavily invested like it's a Let's Play. "Last time they were in Gobi's Valley... oh dear, wonder how they'll react to what's coming up..." :chuckle:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Indeed it was based on his nickname, though I like the idea of retroactively saying it's a portmanteau of "jingle" and "Banjo".

Where are you at now? I'm now heavily invested like it's a Let's Play. "Last time they were in Gobi's Valley... oh dear, wonder how they'll react to what's coming up..." :chuckle:
Done with Gobi’s Valley, on my way to Mad Monster Mansion.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So, who would be a Sony-owned character that fans want for Smash? It had me thinking with Banjo being Microsoft and I wrongly thought Crash was his Sony equilvant.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
So, who would be a Sony-owned character that fans want for Smash? It had me thinking with Banjo being Microsoft and I wrongly thought Crash was his Sony equilvant.
Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank or Sackboy. I think they are the most sutable Sony characters that would fit in smash. Back when Sony actually used their IP's I think Rachet was the biggest face of Sony.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, music plays when you pick them up:

Honestly, the three Rare IPs I see that would have a good reception besides Banjo-Kazooie on the Switch are:

-Conker's Bad Fur Day
-Perfect Dark
-Jet Force Gemini (please Rare, PLEASE!!!)
Star Twins for Smash!

I’ve been playin Banjo Kazooie.

It’s good stuff , I see why the N64 kids liked it so much.
Please play Banjo-Tooie after you are done with your playthrough of Banjo-Kazooie. Me thinks Banjo-Tooie is the better game.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Man some of the character discussion sections here are complete ghost towns. I remember during the Smash 4 days at the very least the social threads were always active. You'd think Ultimate was a dead game or something lol.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Man some of the character discussion sections here are complete ghost towns. I remember during the Smash 4 days at the very least the social threads were always active. You'd think Ultimate was a dead game or something lol.
Blame the rise of stuff like Discord and Reddit

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
So many people have moved on to Discord.
It's a shame IMO. I don't hate Discord like I used to, but I still prefer message boards like this. Discord's format results in a messy torrent of messages.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Star Twins for Smash!
Preach it!

Though I do concede that Conker and/or the Toads must come first.

Blame the rise of stuff like Discord and Reddit
It could be worse, almost no one posts on Sprites Inc. at all these days, since all the devs and users spend their time on Discord (which is annoying, because you can't tell about progress on most current Mega Man fan projects outside of Discord and YouTube updates). At least there's a few active threads at a time here.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If there is no lead of evidence pointing towards a character possibly getting into Smash or a character is deconfirmed, that will happen.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
looks like #ConkerForSmash should be the next charater to get in alongside dixie kong (just like we got Krool & banjo this time)

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
it'd be amazing if Sakurai could somehow get BK's picture to change its expression during Smash matches as your damage rises.
Just like Banjo-Kazooie!

Besides Kratos, there is Sly Cooper, for one. He's got a support thread here, as a matter of fact.
Only minor problem...Sly Cooper had no Nintendo console games...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The only actual obstacle is Sony. As long as a Sony-related character didn't have a Nintendo appearance of some sort, they don't seem possible until Sony stops being stubborn about perpetuating the mindset of the console wars.

Meanwhile, Microsoft is friendly with Nintendo these days, so at least with them we could see Master Chief get in without any issue, even if his Minecraft skin didn't count.

Hell would freeze over before Sony would allow one of their first-party mascots to show up in the crossover of their direct competitor, especially after their own attempt at making their own fighting crossover failed miserably a few years back.

We can still dream, darn it. No one can take that away from us.

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
- Jak & Daxter (Jak 2 design because I'm biased :4pacman:. Jak would have the Morph Gun, plus it's Jak 3 upgrades when his meter is full. Dark Jak and all of their other appearances can be color palettes). Or he would able to use his upgrades by using a special, and a meter could be used as a Dark Jak transformation (Dark Eco meter?)

They're pretty much the only PS owned characters I would be extremely hyped for. But the duo never had any kind of appearance or games on a Nintendo console. As far as fan support I haven't seen any real support for them to be in Smash on Smahboards, or anywhere else online so I wouldn't expect the boys to be in Ultimate. But man what would I give to get all of the Jak games (except the one who should not be mentioned) ported to Switch.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
- Jak & Daxter (Jak 2 design because I'm biased :4pacman:. Jak would have the Morph Gun, and it's Jak 3 upgrades when his meter is full. Dark Jak and all of their other appearances can be color palettes)

They're pretty much the only PS owned characters I would be extremely hyped for. But the duo never had any kind of appearance or games on a Nintendo console. As far as fan support I haven't seen any real support for them to be in Smash on Smahboards, or anywhere else online so I wouldn't expect the boys to be in Ultimate. But man what would I give to get all of the Jak games (except the one who should not be mentioned) ported to Switch.
One thing that would help is a guest appearance on CTR. There aren't very many choices of Sony guests for that racer, so Jak and Daxter would be perfect since they were made by Naughty Dog.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Anyone else compete in the Online August Open Tournament?

I made it into the "Top 32 (Ranked 21)" as King K. Rool, But was having problems getting into the 2nd round via registering and this was my 1st time doing this, So unfortunately I was a no show which was frustrating, Had fun, But I was running out of gas at the end just to keep my ranking above top 32.

Finished 14-4.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So many people have moved on to Discord.
It's a shame IMO. I don't hate Discord like I used to, but I still prefer message boards like this. Discord's format results in a messy torrent of messages.
Is it really Discord, though? I feel like this thread has more activity than the Discord (unless I'm missing the hot spots). Does feel a bit empty, though--and not just the character threads, but even the Social thread doesn't seem very active, and when it is, it's non-Smash stuff.

My hype for Banjo & Kazooie has not gone away, if anything, it's much higher now than it was at E3. It is hard to find places to chat about it, or videos speculating on it, though. Barry streaming the games was awesome, as a counter-example. All I know is I'll be playing Banjo & Kazooie in Smash in a couple months, and nothing's gonna change that. :ultbanjokazooie::ultbanjokazooie::ultbanjokazooie:

EDIT:

Well, given I have all this pent up hype, I decided to make a graphic of the bear and bird's moves in Smash. Thankfully, uploading is back up.

Smash Moves.png

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe the controversies from months ago and rule reinforcements on this board scared most users off? And some of them are depressed and have a hard time staying on here as is.

It's a shame, since I need an outlet like this to talk about Smash. My online friends aren't that into Smash, so I don't have many other options.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Word on the street says that Ori's reveal for the Switch has been leaked ahead of time. First Cuphead, now this.

WOW 2 of the 3 of Boggys kids who were suposed to be cut from Nuts ARE ACTUALLY in the game found a 11 years later, anyone else know about this?

Boggy's kids found in nuts & bolts
>they haven't changed an inch
You know that Rare cared so little about what pre-Spencer Microsoft wanted them to do with this game when they couldn't bring themselves to age Boggy's kids up again.

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Word on the street says that Ori's reveal for the Switch has been leaked ahead of time. First Cuphead, now this.
Yeah there's a good chance we'll see it in the Indies Direct. I personally hope we get something else that's really big shadow dropped by Microsoft tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom