• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

Not exactly banned, CERO simply doesn't approve the recent games at all.

Besides, it still has a competitive scene over there despite the fans being forced to import.
Not to my knowledge. But then again. I don’t follow MK. It’s not in arcades though. You walk into Akihabara, and you’ll have Tekken 7, SFV, Guilty Gear Rev2, Blazblue CF and Xtag, SamSho (which is getting a new Japan only MMO btw), etc... (tons of other games too like Gundam and so on, but we’re talking Fightan), but MK is nowhere to be seen. IIRC, it was banned due to decapitations or something, but don’t quote me on that, as I got that from 4chan and haven’t bothered to verify it.

That said, I’m fairly active in the FGC and Smash scenes over here and can assure you MK is essentially nonexistent. It being outright banned wouldn’t surprise me at all.

ze9

Smash Ace
So drifting away from LaxChris and his tiny brain, do you guys have a most wanted Mii costume for B&K to come with?

I feel like a Mumbo costume for Mii swordfighter is a no-brainer.
I'll buy every Banjo Mii costume there is to show support for the series, even if I don't play as the Miis much of anything at all.
Well, except for my dear NOTDIXIE when I feel like I want to do some Dixie propaganda while playing online, but that doesn't matter.

Mumbo Swordfighter is a must, though. I think we'll probably also get a Jinjo costume, and maybe something involving Gruntilda. The witch hat at lesat is a must. And maybe a couple of deep cuts, like a Boggy or Mr. Patch costume. Mr. Patch would be awesome. The dream is a Conker swordfighter that swings around a bottle of beer, though.
But I don't think we'll get costumes from other Rare series, and certainly not from Microsoft at large. I could see Steve happening, but that's it.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
it'd be amazing if Sakurai could somehow get BK's picture to change its expression during Smash matches as your damage rises.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Mortal Kombat characters have an abysmal chance to appear, but it's not because they are banned in Japan or anything. After all, the Injustice games have MK characters and they are available in Japan. However, the fact that MK is unpopular in Japan, will be a huge hurdle to overcome.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Was looking through various URLs on the Smash website and found Banjo & Kazooie's thumbnail for the bottom of the Fighter pages.
https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/fighter/thumb_v/banjo_and_kazooie.png

This is where it would be displayed on the site when it's eventually implemented;

View attachment 234762

As you can see it isn't listed there yet. Not sure how long it's been in the database.
Interesting... how did you find it, exactly? Did you mess around on the inspector for the site?

BZocky

Smash Ace
Interesting... how did you find it, exactly? Did you mess around on the inspector for the site?
I was taking various image element URLs of fighter pages and entering different variations of Banjo/Banjo-Kazooie/etc. into the space where the fighter's name would be. Eventually I realized Rosalina and Luma's names were stylized in the same way and so I used that format with "Banjo_and_Kazooie" and found that element. Basically just trial and error.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I can't freakin wait until the alts drop. As long as dragon kazooie is in the mix, ill be happy. BUT, the NnB tux would be an amazing nod to that game... even CRAZIER would just be the straight up NnB design as an alt.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I was taking various image element URLs of fighter pages and entering different variations of Banjo/Banjo-Kazooie/etc. into the space where the fighter's name would be. Eventually I realized Rosalina and Luma's names were stylized in the same way and so I used that format with "Banjo_and_Kazooie" and found that element. Basically just trial and error.
I see. So basically, it's the same method used to find Hero's Spirit battles.

Boy, I can see this becoming more and more frequent... some people here will probably search for Banjo's spirits too.

... wait, can we search for alts like this too?

BZocky

Smash Ace
I see. So basically, it's the same method used to find Hero's Spirit battles.

Boy, I can see this becoming more and more frequent... some people here will probably search for Banjo's spirits too.

... wait, can we search for alts like this too?

When the files are eventually uploaded for Banjo and Kazooie yes. Same with screenshots. Those were the first 2 things I tried lol

These are the URLs they will almost 100% be hosted at assuming they'll follow the same link format as every past fighter;
Alts (replace 2 with any number 2-8 or remove number for default)
https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/fighter/banjo_and_kazooie/main2.png
Screenshots (replace 1 with any number 1-6)
https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/fighter/banjo_and_kazooie/ss_1.jpg

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
When the files are eventually uploaded for Banjo and Kazooie yes. Same with screenshots. Those were the first 2 things I tried lol

These are the URLs they will almost 100% be hosted at assuming they'll follow the same link format as every past fighter;
Yeah, that's what I thought. With Spirits, they followed a similar url path, but since they aren't numbered, we'd have to guess their names.

Nevertheless, when these images appear on the site, we'll know they're close. And believe me, someone on this site will know when they do.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Is there something I'm missing here? Because when I click the links, they just lead to the language options.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Is there something I'm missing here? Because when I click the links, they just lead to the language options.
There's nothing being hosted on them right now so it redirects to language by default. Eventually when the files are added to the database, the links will go to the alts and screenshots.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Krazy drew B-K characters again, this time for Tooie. Which is good for me, he did a second drawing for Honey B, she's a cutie.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Krazy really likes Banjo.

I like his twitter. The various arts are nice and the whole page just has a happy vibrancy to it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, that's what I thought. With Spirits, they followed a similar url path, but since they aren't numbered, we'd have to guess their names.

Nevertheless, when these images appear on the site, we'll know they're close. And believe me, someone on this site will know when they do.
Oh, that's for sure. I've been waiting a year to find out the fate of those Blast Corps and JFG files. We're so close now.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Very important question: Whats gonna be their victory music?

Personally, I'd choose the Note Door.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

While the Note Door sounds more triumphant, I'd be confused if it was anything but the Jiggy fanfare.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

On the one hand, you hear the Jiggy theme more often, but on the other hand, the Note Door sounds triumphant, fitting of a victory theme. Honestly, it's a difficult choice, but I'mma have to go with the Jiggy one.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

I like both ,Note Door does sounds more important and accomplished, But if they can enhance the Jiggy one by making it more grander than I think I would prefer it more.

Last edited by a moderator:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Looks at Joker's multiple victory themes
Why not both all of them? Play one whenever BK wins, and have multiple screen transition effects (Gruntilda's head and cackle, jigsaws filling in and out like N&B, etc). Have the non-jiggy victory themes be specific to certain kinds of wins.
Regular: Jiggy get theme
Sudden Death victory: note door theme
+1 stock advantage over every other player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc60BYzrwdA
Final Smash win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImSwuXvSNM

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I can't freakin wait until the alts drop. As long as dragon kazooie is in the mix, ill be happy. BUT, the NnB tux would be an amazing nod to that game... even CRAZIER would just be the straight up NnB design as an alt.

Golly Pete these all look so good! I really hope almost all of these make it in and look as good as this.

And I’m biased but I really love the Open Note Door theme for their victory tune. It just feels more triumphant to me lol

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Looks at Joker's multiple victory themes
Why not both all of them? Play one whenever BK wins, and have multiple screen transition effects (Gruntilda's head and cackle, jigsaws filling in and out like N&B, etc). Have the non-jiggy victory themes be specific to certain kinds of wins.
Regular: Jiggy get theme
Sudden Death victory: note door theme
+1 stock advantage over every other player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc60BYzrwdA
Final Smash win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImSwuXvSNM
Every 10 wins as Banjo you get the Door Theme

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Was looking through various URLs on the Smash website and found Banjo & Kazooie's thumbnail for the bottom of the Fighter pages.

https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/fighter/thumb_v/banjo_and_kazooie.png

This is where it would be displayed on the site when it's eventually implemented;

View attachment 234762

As you can see it isn't listed there yet. Not sure how long it's been in the database.
This is great! Thanks for the heads up. When I was making my wallpaper and signature, I was looking for that image back in June. Not sure if I tried that URL, so can't say how long it's been on there. But this is really helpful to me, because now I know what orientation, segment they use for it!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

I gotta go with jiggy fanfare. Note door sounds more victorious yes, but the jiggy theme just screams banjo kazooie.

I mean the song is literally performed by a banjo and a kazoo. You can't get anymore fitting than that. Hell, you can even make one of their victory animations an updated version of the jiggy dance.

ze9

Smash Ace
I remember that some time ago somebody suggested the music that plays when you collect 6 honeycomb pieces in Banjo-Kazooie as the victory theme, and since then I've been convinced that it would be the best choice.
But it will probably be the Jiggy Get! music, or a short fanfare based on the main theme.

Last edited:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Well, the most likely thing is that His victory theme is the main remixed theme

When you think banjo will come out, I think in mid-late October

Last edited:

Deetchy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7783 1634 4990
Late September/early October. I know a lot of people think that's wishful thinking but considering how he looked mostly done in his trailer, which was released in early June, there's no way that Sakurai has THAT much more work to put into him.

I suppose the patch he comes with could take a fair bit of development time though.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So guys, how do you think we’ll collect yellow feathers for Wonderwing? Do you think it’ll be like Cloud’s Limit in the sense that you generate feathers by taking/dealing damage? Or Hero’s MP in the sense that it recharges over time, but you can hasten it by dealing damage? Or do you think it’ll be something else, like launching an opponent makes them drop feathers to replenish the move?

I’m thinking it’ll maybe be the third one since it goes well with Banjo-Kazooie’s collectathon nature.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
So guys, how do you think we’ll collect yellow feathers for Wonderwing? Do you think it’ll be like Cloud’s Limit in the sense that you generate feathers by taking/dealing damage? Or Hero’s MP in the sense that it recharges over time, but you can hasten it by dealing damage? Or do you think it’ll be something else, like launching an opponent makes them drop feathers to replenish the move?

I’m thinking it’ll maybe be the third one since it goes well with Banjo-Kazooie’s collectathon nature.
I really hope theres no gimmick to Banjo. I think the Wonderwing will have a certain amount of "ammo", and then after you use all the feathers it takes awhile for them to replenish (Wario fart style).

Sidenote: I can't wait to Wonderwing the **** out of PK Fires, PK Freezes, Belmont Spams, Inkling Rollers, Isabella Gyroids, Hero ThWhacks, Doryahs.... oh Lord its gonna be amazing

Last edited:

Deetchy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7783 1634 4990
I really hope theres no gimmick to Banjo. I think the Wonderwing will have a certain amount of "ammo", and then after you use all the feathers it takes awhile for them to replenish (Wario fart style).

Sidenote: I can't wait to Wonderwing the **** out of PK Fires, PK Freezes, Belmont Spams, Inkling Rollers, Isabella Gyroids, Hero ThWhacks, Doryahs.... oh Lord its gonna be amazing
This is what I'm hoping for. No crazy gimmicks or anything like that. Just make Banjo as honest as possible with only SOME cheesy cheese with cheese on top. Like Yoshi and Wario.

I also highkey think Wonderwing will end up being his best or second best move. The ledge games you play with that, mixed with grenades...I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul

Oh man, I feel the exact same way. I really hope Wonderwing ends up being the massive middlefinger to campers burst option I want it to be.
I'm already pretty impatient, and I've primarily played DK since Brawl so characters like Snake and Villager have made matches hell for me for years and years.

But now it's looking like my most wanted character also might end up having a good matchup against my least favorite characters to fight. I've been fantasizing about Wonderwing'ing through all the Lloids, slingshots, and Grenades ever since B&K were revealed. If that happens... I dunno man, it'll be like Sakurai tailor made them for me. lol

Though, if Wonderwing has a crap ton of endlag, the matchup against zoners/campers won't be as great as I'm imagining it to be.
Or if it really is only five uses per life, or some other gimmicky limitation. Which is why I'm hoping that they don't have any silly gimmicks, and the golden feathers just recharge over time just like you said.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Seeing as there's no implication of Split Up or even the Mumbo/Humba transformations so far, it really does seem like they treat BK like any ordinary Nintendo addition. As it should, they have that kind of quality.

In other news…

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Almost finished with my 100% run of Tooie. Just 10 Jiggies, 1 Jinjo and 2 Honeycombs and Cheato Pages short. Got Dragon Kazooie today, too.

Just gotta round up Jolly Roger's Lagoon, Hailfire Peaks, Terrydactyland and Grunty Industries.

Hopefully I can also finish BK before their release... I'm curious to play that for the first time in 10 years too, especially after YL.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
By the way guys, speaking of Jinjos, do you guys think the word "Jinjo" is a combination of the word "banjo" and a word that starts with the letter J? Maybe Jingle? I think the Jinjo's name is music related in a mixed sense.

Top Bottom