• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Reminder that Sega also used to mock Nintendo in their commercials. :ultsonic:

Besides, Crash went multi-platform eons ago before the days of NST, so some silly commercials would not even remotely come to mind. Especially not on the Japanese side of things.
I don't think it would be an issue--in fact, if they wanted to, parodying those commercials would be a fun Smash tie-in. Mentioned it as a possibility.

I do love the idea of a commercial with someone in a Crash suit in front of Nintendo's headquarters, mocking "plumber boy", only for someone in a Mario costume to come out and they get into a brawl. Both a funny homage to Crash's commercials, as well as the original commercial for Smash 64.

They'll never do it, but I want to see that.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I don't think it would be an issue--in fact, if they wanted to, parodying those commercials would be a fun Smash tie-in. Mentioned it as a possibility.

I do love the idea of a commercial with someone in a Crash suit in front of Nintendo's headquarters, mocking "plumber boy", only for someone in a Mario costume to come out and they get into a brawl. Both a funny homage to Crash's commercials, as well as the original commercial for Smash 64.

They'll never do it, but I want to see that.
I really wish they had recreated the N64 Smash commercial for Banjo & Kazooie's reveal with Mario, Yoshi, Pikachu, and Donkey Kong fighting each other in their costumes and then Banjo falls out of the plane like before in that Banjo-Tooie commercial with Kazooie and they land in the middle of the brawl with everyone going WHA?! And then they dust themselves off and get into the fight! Would've been amazing if they had did that, but I'll take what I can get and the beautiful CG trailer we got was sublime <3 I'd love to see that with Crash too though lol

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Just found this video on the references in the Spiral Mountain remix, and it is amazing. The edits in this are insanely good, I love me some good match cuts, and there are so many great ones.

Also, to get it out of the way so I can focus on the great things in this vid, they do say Gobi's Valley even though Grant confirmed it was Mayahem Temple. For so long I thought it was Gobi's Valley too (like Grant initially believed), and nobody could explain why Gobi's wouldn't also fit. Now I know--while I'm terrible at music terminology--Gobi's like consistently going down some stairs, whereas Mayahem and the SM re-mix is like jumping three times before going down the steps. :lol: Wish I knew a better way to say that. Also they used Final Battle, because it fits the K Rool/Grunty transition and quotes from Gruntilda's Lair anyways.

But yeah, this video is awesome, and exactly the stuff I wanna see celebrating the duo coming to Smash. Like Krazy and a bunch of creators, it's amazing seeing people make so many great stuff as a result of them back in the spotlight.

I really wish they had recreated the N64 Smash commercial for Banjo & Kazooie's reveal with Mario, Yoshi, Pikachu, and Donkey Kong fighting each other in their costumes and then Banjo falls out of the plane like before in that Banjo-Tooie commercial with Kazooie and they land in the middle of the brawl with everyone going WHA?! And then they dust themselves off and get into the fight! Would've been amazing if they had did that, but I'll take what I can get and the beautiful CG trailer we got was sublime <3 I'd love to see that with Crash too though lol
That would have been great, though sometimes what you didn't expect but fits perfectly is better than the stuff you expect and wished to see, and their trailer is a great example of that to me. Some... filmmakers... should take note on how to successfully subvert expectations. :chuckle:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Speaking of Banjo-Kazooie remixs; have you guys heard of this Gruntilda final battle remix before?

I literally think this is the best remix of the original Gruntilda fight on Youtube.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
"Some... filmmakers... should take note on how to successfully subvert expectations"

*cough*StarWarsEp8*cough*

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...more_first-party_exclusives_to_other_consoles

One step forward, two steps back, I suppose. :ohwell:

At least I'll get to play Cuphead and Ori.
Makes sense. The games these studios produced pre-Microsoft purchase will still be multiplat, but going forward they will be fully funded by Microsoft.

Besides, most of these will probably still come to PC, even if not immediately, so everything is ok.

I just hope Rare Replay is among the remaining "agreements they will still honor".

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

Found this on Twitter today, and while I don't recognize most of the origins for these choices, other than the logos next to some of them, seeing all these has me super excited to see what hopefully colorful and unique choices they make for their color palettes in Smash <3 My only thing is I hope they'll change the colors of Banjo's backpack and shorts as well for at least some of the alternate choices, but I'm not picky lol

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I think some of the DK palettes are meant to be references to DK's fur palettes, nothing more nothing less. That explains yellow Banjo, red Banjo, green Banjo etc.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Did someone say, the Brothers Bear? :seuss:

[Picture]
I liked those guys when I played Donkey Kong Country 3.

Now, all we need is Brothers Bird to go along with these guys and everything will be complete. And I don't mean the Banana Birds either.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Game companies don't exactly announce new releases in interviews or in Q&A sessions, do they now? If they have anything planned then they will also have reveal details planned, and they won't step on the toes of all the people working on it just so they can be honest in an interview.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
They have "no plans" until they do. If Microsoft does something with Banjo again, Nintendo will be involved, because that's where the target audience is.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
PR talk? Fair enough. Shame this case is far easier to interpret than that one thing Reggie said.

Edit: Krazy's been doing B-K-related characters again lately. Guess who's among them?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
They have "no plans" until they do. If Microsoft does something with Banjo again, Nintendo will be involved, because that's where the target audience is.
I don't know in what way nintendo could be involved. Nintendo doesn't think it would help develop a game that came out of your console

One thing when you think banjo-kazooie will come out I think that in mid-late October

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think they meant involved as in "they'll announce it on a Direct", "announce it as part of N64 Mini", or something.

As for release, the Amiibo theory seems like one to rely on, since the next wave should be out late September. Odds are B-K may release around that time.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I think they meant involved as in "they'll announce it on a Direct", "announce it as part of N64 Mini", or something.

As for release, the Amiibo theory seems like one to rely on, since the next wave should be out late September. Odds are B-K may release around that time.
Yeah, based on how things are going, my current prediction is this:
  • September Nintendo Direct, we get an announcement similar to Joker's. "Remember, Banjo and Kazooie are coming this Fall!" At the end of that Direct, we get a teaser for Fighter #4.
  • Then in early October, we get a presentation for the bear and bird, they release the next day.
  • Late November/early December, we get the video for Fighter #4, they release the next day. We also get an announcement for a big presentation, like in Smash 4, during January or February. If there is any more content post-Pass, it will be announced there. If there isn't, it will be a "farewell presentation".
  • February 2020, we get the last fighter for the Pass.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

Joker and Hero were very close to the amiibo days, while Plant was about 2 weeks off and Ultimate was on the same day as wave 1.

Sept 20th is Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake (finishing the cut characters). Since they specifically said Banjo is Fall, we know as of now that it can't be before Sept 23rd. So if they follow what has been done so far, Banjo will come out Sept 24th to October 4th. Of course, none of this is concrete and its just speculation.

I'll guess October 2nd.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Then there is the fact that both Joker and Hero's videos came out on tuesday and they released on wednesday my dudes. Though Plant didn't have a video, 2.0 officially released between January 29th and 30th (tuesday and wednesday).

If this also happens with Banjo and Kazooie, it won't be a coincidence anymore.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Then there is the fact that both Joker and Hero's videos came out on tuesday and they released on wednesday my dudes. Though Plant didn't have a video, 2.0 officially released between January 29th and 30th (tuesday and wednesday).

Yeah, at that point it's clearly a pattern.

Also, I've been thinking earlier today that if there are any other amiibo waves coming (almost certain considering how late characters 4 and 5 will come), they'll be a clue to finding out whether we'll get further DLC later on. Not nearly as many amiibo of course, since we're certain to be running out of base game characters...

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yeah, at that point it's clearly a pattern.

Also, I've been thinking earlier today that if there are any other amiibo waves coming (almost certain considering how late characters 4 and 5 will come), they'll be a clue to finding out whether we'll get further DLC later on. Not nearly as many amiibo of course, since we're certain to be running out of base game characters...
There's a wave in November (no date) for Simon, Incineroar and Chrom. Then Dark Samus and Richter are listed only as 2020.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

There's a wave in November (no date) for Simon, Incineroar and Chrom. Then Dark Samus and Richter are listed only as 2020.
Hmmm...if this is right on the money, and Banjo does release 4 days after the newest amiibo wave with Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle, on a Wednesday no less, then I think that narrows down Fighter #4’s release date quite a bit, meaning they could release on either the 6th, the 13th, the 20th or the 27th. That makes the guessing game a lot easier.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Hmmm...if this is right on the money, and Banjo does release 4 days after the newest amiibo wave with Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle, on a Wednesday no less, then I think that narrows down Fighter #4’s release date quite a bit, meaning they could release on either the 6th, the 13th, the 20th or the 27th. That makes the guessing game a lot easier.
And also for Fighter #5. Since they set the Pass' date for February 2020, that means the last fighter will probably release in that month, but if we count only wednesdays, that narrows it down even further to 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th.

ze9

Smash Ace
September 24th for Banjo would be awesome. The best Fall we can get, since it's the very beginning.
It makes sense too, they looked pretty far along already back in June. But we'll see. I think we're definitely in the 1-2 months from now range at this point.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Makes sense. The games these studios produced pre-Microsoft purchase will still be multiplat, but going forward they will be fully funded by Microsoft.

Besides, most of these will probably still come to PC, even if not immediately, so everything is ok.

I just hope Rare Replay is among the remaining "agreements they will still honor".
It sounds like, if what they're saying is true, that they have completed their prior commitments and have no plans going forward, which would likely including Master Chief Collection and Rare Replay. I really see no reason to say this, as well, if they did have plans, so I'm now leaning on we may not be getting more from Xbox. Hopefully I'm wrong, and Sabi is a credible source, but plans can change, and I don't know how else to read it.

And if this is what Xbox plans on, they should know keeping their IP exclusive isn't going to make someone like me buy an Xbox, particularly games like B&K that are more suitable for Nintendo. It's short sided, and why I thought they'd continue to port relevant titles.

(I thought I had posted this already, but it was still in my drafts)

Any particular reason they decided to drop the score by .1?
It's satire, but I read it earlier and they "justified it" by saying their hype for the game made them overlook the issues of replayability, graphical glitches, and borrowing too much from Super Mario 64. I just find it hilarious some people on Twitter taking the Onion seriously. :chuckle: They never reviewed it in the first place.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It sounds like, if what they're saying is true, that they have completed their prior commitments and have no plans going forward, which would likely including Master Chief Collection and Rare Replay. I really see no reason to say this, as well, if they did have plans, so I'm now leaning on we may not be getting more from Xbox. Hopefully I'm wrong, and Sabi is a credible source, but plans can change, and I don't know how else to read it.

And if this is what Xbox plans on, they should know keeping their IP exclusive isn't going to make someone like me buy an Xbox, particularly games like B&K that are more suitable for Nintendo. It's short sided, and why I thought they'd continue to port relevant titles.

(I thought I had posted this already, but it was still in my drafts)

It's satire, but I read it earlier and they "justified it" by saying their hype for the game made them overlook the issues of replayability, graphical glitches, and borrowing too much from Super Mario 64. I just find it hilarious some people on Twitter taking the Onion seriously. :chuckle: They never reviewed it in the first place.
I mean, plans can change in the future, but I said that because if we're getting Rare games whether through Replay or N64 Mini, I'd rather not wait for too long lol.

... wait, they actually "tried" to justify it in a relatively reasonable-sounding way? That's honestly more than I expected from Onion satire, especially considering the absurdity in the content of some of their Youtube videos (a specific example came to mind, but I don't think I can post it here XD).

BZocky

Smash Ace
Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion in the "So many games" trailer on the Switch Lite page may be another piece of supporting evidence for their launch around the 20th, which is when the console itself is released. Seeing as they're headlining Smash in the video (with Hero and Joker who are already out) and being right on the thumbnail with Mario above the games section I'd assume the average consumer at launch would expect them to be playable when they get their Lite.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion in the "So many games" trailer on the Switch Lite page may be another piece of supporting evidence for their launch around the 20th, which is when the console itself is released. Seeing as they're headlining Smash in the video (with Hero and Joker who are already out) and being right on the thumbnail with Mario above the games section I'd assume the average consumer at launch would expect them to be playable when they get their Lite.
Hmm, true, but I'm trying to not look too deep into that one, because the thumbnail itself looks like a "default" one Youtube makes for you when you upload a video. The video itself also showcases Hero first, then Banjo and then Joker, as well as some older games from last year, meaning it's most likely promotion for the FP itself and nothing else.

That aside, you're right - it would be weird for Banjo and Kazooie to be the only content in that video not released by the end of September, or at least close by (don't remember when Astral Chain releases, but I think it's before the 20th? The lack of a "release trailer" makes me think we'll get one more look at it if a September Direct comes, as well as Link's Awakening, which releases in the 20th).

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
And also for Fighter #5. Since they set the Pass' date for February 2020, that means the last fighter will probably release in that month, but if we count only wednesdays, that narrows it down even further to 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th.
Unless they reveal a surprise bonus fighter!

Top Bottom