• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Everyone at this point knows where the Waddle Dee spirit is right?

In case anyone doesn't, it's the third place spirit in the little Gourmet Race like mini-game.

With that, I really would like to know how Castle Dedede is built. The Star Allies version is huge and expansive looking when observing it in the background. Are there rooms for the Waddle Dee army members? Does Bandana Dee get his own room as a commander? What other facilities does it have? I'm itching to explore a large expansive Castle Dedede, especially in 3D.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
lol I had never even considered BWD as a commander of the other Dees. Now I need BWD in a war flick leading a ragtag team of Dees behind enemy lines.
BWD: *Dramatically points his spear forward, signaling to the others to charge*
Other Dees: *Just kind of wandering around aimlessly*

smashkirby

Smash Hero
What if charging Dees was his final smash, like Yoshi's?
Oh, wow... a way to incorporate the Waddle Dees into his moveset... it most likely WON'T be as janky as DDD's FS in Brawl... and I get run over by an army of adorable little orbs? I'll take it!

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Since I've been thinking a lot about character playstyles, what do you think Dee's would be?

I'm thinking he'd be extremely light, with lots of rapid multi-hit attacks. He'd have plenty of both ground and air combos.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Since I've been thinking a lot about character playstyles, what do you think Dee's would be?

I'm thinking he'd be extremely light, with lots of rapid multi-hit attacks. He'd have plenty of both ground and air combos.
Very combo heavy with good frame data and range but no zoning. Excellent recovery.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Bandana Waddle Dee.png

After playing a lot of Super Smash Bros Ultimate recently, and loving it, and the cast. It's time for DLC speculation, and I'm mostly looking into concept, recognizability and how fun they could be in my own eyes, and Bandana Waddle Dee is one of those characters.

While it's true that I don't know too much of the character outside of Smash speculation, I do know the importance he resembles within his series. I have not played a lot of Kirby, but a friend of mine had a lot of Kirby games on the GBA, and that's where I first got noticed about BWD, and from there on, I've seen his journey to become the 4th member of Kirby's cast. Not only is he a different Waddle Dee, but in regards towards Smash, I think the spear concept in itself is very unique in contrast to the current cast. We could get a spear user from Fire Emblem, but FE is very redundant at this point, plus, there would be a lot of differences when it comes to a human shaped spear user contra someone with a shape of a puff ball.

Bandana Waddle Dee would nicely round up the Kirby cast, and thanks to the holy Plant that is Piranha Plant, Waddle Dee stands stronger.
No longer part of King Dedede's specials, nor present in the Final Smash, which he originally is in the original source. BWD would be a fun addition to the roster, and therefore one of my stars in the speculation era of Ultimate.

Go Waddle Dee!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Very combo heavy with good frame data and range but no zoning. Excellent recovery.
Actually, now that I think about it, Dee would probably have good frame data on jabs/tilts/smashes but have bad frame data in the air, since spears aren't meant to be used in the air (neither are swords, but spears have different properties). His parasol would probably be a better option for fast aerial moves.

RedDragon64

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8521-4195-4716

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
View attachment 183492

After playing a lot of Super Smash Bros Ultimate recently, and loving it, and the cast. It's time for DLC speculation, and I'm mostly looking into concept, recognizability and how fun they could be in my own eyes, and Bandana Waddle Dee is one of those characters.

While it's true that I don't know too much of the character outside of Smash speculation, I do know the importance he resembles within his series. I have not played a lot of Kirby, but a friend of mine had a lot of Kirby games on the GBA, and that's where I first got noticed about BWD, and from there on, I've seen his journey to become the 4th member of Kirby's cast. Not only is he a different Waddle Dee, but in regards towards Smash, I think the spear concept in itself is very unique in contrast to the current cast. We could get a spear user from Fire Emblem, but FE is very redundant at this point, plus, there would be a lot of differences when it comes to a human shaped spear user contra someone with a shape of a puff ball.

Bandana Waddle Dee would nicely round up the Kirby cast, and thanks to the holy Plant that is Piranha Plant, Waddle Dee stands stronger.
No longer part of King Dedede's specials, nor present in the Final Smash, which he originally is in the original source. BWD would be a fun addition to the roster, and therefore one of my stars in the speculation era of Ultimate.

Go Waddle Dee!
Thank you so much for this. We need all of the support we can get!

Rainami

Smash Rookie
bandana dee in this game would be dee-licious. There was a time when I thought he didn't deserve to be playable, but I've since realized the error of my ways. Add me to the support list.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
That music inspired me to write this: Bandana Dee's reveal trailer.

The trailer starts with Kirby's body flying through the air and then sliding across the ground. The camera pans to his face as he looks up, seeing Ganondorf, Ridley, Bowser, and Wolf, all staring him down. He's outnumbered 4 to one! Kirby braces himself, standing up to keep fighting despite the odds... when Dedede appears, followed by Meta Knight! The Kirby crew is ready to fight... but they're still outnumbered by one guy. Kirby, D3 and MK look worried... until-!

BANDANA DEE
JOINS HIS ALLIES!
[Cue the music!]

The trailer cuts to gameplay footage of a 4v4 match, where the Kirby crew easily wins with the help of B. Dee, and then transitions to showing more gameplay of the Dee himself. One clip shows Bandana Dee's forward smash rivalling Corrin's and Simon's, another shows him using the waddle copter to float over a strong attack, and another shows him using a parasol to block and reflect an attack, and in another clip, he eats an apple! The music builds as the trailer leads to his final smash... MEGATON PUNCH! Dee smacks his opponent onto a wrestling mat, as he winds up, jumps high in the air, and slams down onto them, zooming out to show how he just punched with enough force to break a planet in half.

The trailer ends with Kirby and the crew walking away happily, a pile of bodies behind them. In the center: Bandana Dee!

Right before the trailer ends though, it zooms into Bandana Dee's face as he looks backward- it seems like these four have one more villain to face.

BONKERS
HAMMERS HOME!

ok maybe this is getting a little too unrealistic at this point

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
That music inspired me to write this: Bandana Dee's reveal trailer.

The trailer starts with Kirby's body flying through the air and then sliding across the ground. The camera pans to his face as he looks up, seeing Ganondorf, Ridley, Bowser, and Wolf, all staring him down. He's outnumbered 4 to one! Kirby braces himself, standing up to keep fighting despite the odds... when Dedede appears, followed by Meta Knight! The Kirby crew is ready to fight... but they're still outnumbered by one guy. Kirby, D3 and MK look worried... until-!

BANDANA DEE
JOINS HIS ALLIES!
[Cue the music!]

The trailer cuts to gameplay footage of a 4v4 match, where the Kirby crew easily wins with the help of B. Dee, and then transitions to showing more gameplay of the Dee himself. One clip shows Bandana Dee's forward smash rivalling Corrin's and Simon's, another shows him using the waddle copter to float over a strong attack, and another shows him using a parasol to block and reflect an attack, and in another clip, he eats an apple! The music builds as the trailer leads to his final smash... MEGATON PUNCH! Dee smacks his opponent onto a wrestling mat, as he winds up, jumps high in the air, and slams down onto them, zooming out to show how he just punched with enough force to break a planet in half.

The trailer ends with Kirby and the crew walking away happily, a pile of bodies behind them. In the center: Bandana Dee!

Right before the trailer ends though, it zooms into Bandana Dee's face as he looks backward- it seems like these four have one more villain to face.

BONKERS
HAMMERS HOME!

ok maybe this is getting a little too unrealistic at this point
Actually, it seemed perfectly realistic. Considering how much love pre-Sakurai Kirby gets, Bonkers isn't out of the question at all.

I also like your splash title idea. "Bandana Waddle Dee makes a legend!" was my original idea, but yours seems better since it references Star Allies better.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Actually, it seemed perfectly realistic. Considering how much love pre-Sakurai Kirby gets, Bonkers isn't out of the question at all.

I also like your splash title idea. "Bandana Waddle Dee makes a legend!" was my original idea, but yours seems better since it references Star Allies better.
Bonkers as a DDD echo would be so great, but idk how realistic it would be to happen. "Joins his Allies" was perfect for me, because it references Star Allies of course, but it also fits in with the context of the trailer, he's joining Kirby and friends in Smash.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Bonkers as a DDD echo would be so great, but idk how realistic it would be to happen. "Joins his Allies" was perfect for me, because it references Star Allies of course, but it also fits in with the context of the trailer, he's joining Kirby and friends in Smash.
Bonkers would actually work really well as a Dedede echo, the only difference being probably a different up B, side B uses the exploding bomb things, and neutral B is something else entirely, but otherwise it seems realistic.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Bonkers would actually work really well as a Dedede echo, the only difference being probably a different up B, side B uses the exploding bomb things, and neutral B is something else entirely, but otherwise it seems realistic.
You forgot something; I can't envision Bonkers using Dedede's dash attack or down tilt.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
You forgot something; I can't envision Bonkers using Dedede's dash attack or down tilt.
The Up B could stay the same and still fit decently well IMO? Dash attack and down tilt obviously don't reference anything with Bonkers, but he can still do those things, it wouldn't be totally out of character at least. The Side B obviously has to be the exploding nuts, and the neutral b has to change, but otherwise I think he's good to go. I have no idea what would be a good neutral b though. Maybe something from Star Allies? (Which I haven't played yet)

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Bonkers' up special could be the hammer twirling that he uses to fly. His standard special could be some variant of the ground pound move he uses.

Bonkers also can't puff up to fly, so they'd have to change that as well. If he was playable, he'd have to be a :ultisabelle:-esque semi-clone.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Bonkers' up special could be the hammer twirling that he uses to fly. His standard special could be some variant of the ground pound move he uses.

Bonkers also can't puff up to fly, so they'd have to change that as well. If he was playable, he'd have to be a :ultisabelle:-esque semi-clone.
Animation changes where the move is functionally the same can still be an echo. Look at Dark Samus. Bonkers could just have a normal jump animation but still jump the same way as D3.

11th

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, Bonkers couldn't work as an Echo because their body types are completely different. Dedede's model doesn't even have rigged legs, just feet, so I imagine that a model swap would be somewhat... awkward. Bonkers would have to be a "conceptual semi-clone" like Isabelle. (i.e. Moveset looks very similar, but the character is still made from scratch.)

It's worth keeping in mind how visually similar the current Echoes are when trying to pick out potential Echoes.
Samus/Dark Samus - Almost identically shaped.
Peach/Daisy - Similarly shaped and same basic skeleton. (Both have flowy hair, a long dress, and semi-realistic proportions.)
Marth/Lucina - Similarly shaped and same basic skeleton. (Both are lean and realistically proportioned, have a similar weapon, and a cape.)
Pit/Dark Pit - Identical outside of some weapon model swaps.
Ryu/Ken - Almost identically shaped.
Simon/Richter - Similarly shaped and same basic skeleton. (Both are bulky and realistically proportioned, and have the same weapon.)

Some smaller physics elements can be cheated (ex. Lucina's hair), but it seems like any time you need to make substantial changes to the rig, it can't really be an Echo. Isabelle has different proportions than the Villager (she uses the newer New Leaf proportions while Villager uses the older City Folk proportions), doesn't have feet or hands, and she has slightly floppy ears and a tail, so she couldn't be an Echo.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Unfortunately, Bonkers couldn't work as an Echo because their body types are completely different. Dedede's model doesn't even have rigged legs, just feet, so I imagine that a model swap would be somewhat... awkward. Bonkers would have to be a "conceptual semi-clone" like Isabelle. (i.e. Moveset looks very similar, but the character is still made from scratch.)

It's worth keeping in mind how visually similar the current Echoes are when trying to pick out potential Echoes.
Samus/Dark Samus - Almost identically shaped.
Peach/Daisy - Similarly shaped and same basic skeleton. (Both have flowy hair, a long dress, and semi-realistic proportions.)
Marth/Lucina - Similarly shaped and same basic skeleton. (Both are lean and realistically proportioned, have a similar weapon, and a cape.)
Pit/Dark Pit - Identical outside of some weapon model swaps.
Ryu/Ken - Almost identically shaped.
Simon/Richter - Similarly shaped and same basic skeleton. (Both are bulky and realistically proportioned, and have the same weapon.)

Some smaller physics elements can be cheated (ex. Lucina's hair), but it seems like any time you need to make substantial changes to the rig, it can't really be an Echo. Isabelle has different proportions than the Villager (she uses the newer New Leaf proportions while Villager uses the older City Folk proportions), doesn't have feet or hands, and she has slightly floppy ears and a tail, so she couldn't be an Echo.
let me dream, damn it

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
oh right, well perhaps we should get back on topic if you dont mind
Unless something comes up for us to speculate on, there's really not much that IS on topic, is there? Talking about other Kirby characters in Smash seems perfectly on-topic to me :p

New topic then: Who COULD be an echo fighter from Kirby? Aside from Bonkers, or one of the various knights (that are already meta knight alt outfits anyway) I can't think of anyone.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Unless something comes up for us to speculate on, there's really not much that IS on topic, is there? Talking about other Kirby characters in Smash seems perfectly on-topic to me :p

New topic then: Who COULD be an echo fighter from Kirby? Aside from Bonkers, or one of the various knights (that are already meta knight alt outfits anyway) I can't think of anyone.
well there's shadow kirby (theres two separate characters called that now) and shadow dedede, and keeby

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Kirby could have Shadow Kirby or Keeby. Dedede could have the Red-and-Black one that's a boss in Dededetour. Meta Knight has the Knights. If we get Bandana Dee, Jammerjab would work.

Also, if Cross Series echoes are a thing, Susie could work as a Jr. echo (but with major Ken-esque changes).

Also I'm gonna post a picture of a few characters I like fusing. Might be convinent in a few months.
fusion.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom