• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
It does kinda suck that Pokemon and Fire Emblem seem to have the problem of having the dated characters later on. Even with Jigglypuff as my favorite Pokemon, I have to admit, the most going for her as of late was Fairy typing... Though I personally see her having more stardom than say Incineroar, whether that be because she's been around longer or what be the reason.
Eh, I'd say the Pokémon characters don't suffer from relevancy drop-off quite as badly as the Fire Emblem characters — Pikachu notwithstanding, Charizard, Mewtwo, and Lucario all have remained pretty significant over the years, and Greninja looks like it'll also stand the test of time. It helps that the older Pokémon get to continue playing roles in the newer games.
People like to take a crap on Incineroar since he's not Shadow, Isaac, Geno or whatever. I'm going to name my Incineroar amiibo "Geno."
You forgot Decidueye and Lycanroc.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
That's true, but Sakurai explained he had reasons for picking Incineroar over the others. He has said nothing about Geno, Isaac, Shadow, etc.
It's rare he talks about why a popular character didn't make it. Ridley being the big exception to that. Usually he talks about characters not making it because of time issues/technical reasons/legal stuff. With only a few unique newcomers, safe to say he had other priorities.

Shadow wasn't even that popular during the ballot, he only blew up because people expected him to be an echo fighter after E3.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Shadow wasn't even that popular during the ballot, he only blew up because people expected him to be an echo fighter after E3.
You could say the same about Ken, but he got in as a fighter. Of course, it helps that Ken didn't have an AT.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Not sure what that has to do with anything.
Because for echoes it was either be a clone or not be in at all, and Shadow using Chaos Control in his AT form proves that he could be different completely than Sonic (not including the guns). And Shadow was already well represented in Smash, whereas Ken wasn't in at all.

StormC

Smash Hero
Because for echoes it was either be a clone or not be in at all, and Shadow using Chaos Control in his AT form proves that he could be different completely than Sonic (not including the guns). And Shadow was already well represented in Smash, whereas Ken wasn't in at all.
Ken being an echo fighter and Shadow being an Assist Trophy and not an echo fighter are completely unrelated. Again, I'm not sure what bringing up Ken has to do with my point that Shadow was not an especially popular pick until people started expecting him.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Ken being an echo fighter and Shadow being an Assist Trophy and not an echo fighter are completely unrelated. Again, I'm not sure what bringing up Ken has to do with my point that Shadow was not an especially popular pick until people started expecting him.
Whoever brought up Ken was probably using him as a comparison.

Also yay! 150 pages!

Last edited:

s07195

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4502 0980 9128
HAL has stated that they're already working on the next "phase" of Kirby, so this isn't over yet.
Mate, I translated that blog post. I know what it says, and no matter what it says about next phase, no where does it guarantee that anybody other than Kirby will be in it.
That said, I've had enough of being down. Go BWD!!!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Mate, I translated that blog post. I know what it says, and no matter what it says about next phase, no where does it guarantee that anybody other than Kirby will be in it.
That said, I've had enough of being down. Go BWD!!!
Imagine a full spinoff game dedicated to BWD's origins.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
You have to go through that awkward phase where you were working for Meta Knight when he had his tantrum that Dreamlanders were too lazy. And then you decide that working for the Giant Egomaniacal Penguin isn't so bad after all.

Don't for the tournament arc where you accidentally crack the planet in half with a ground punch to prove a point.

D

Deleted member

I DID IT I 100% BEAT WORLD OF LIGHT WITHOUT BEING SPOILED!

Last edited by a moderator:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I know it's a little off topic, but does anyone else feel weird about the engine? I changed stick sensitivity accordingly and all that, but it seems a lot harder to progress in matches with my older characters than before. I'm literally doing the best with Luigi, a character I almost never played last game purely because I hated doing cookie cutter combos? I guess I'm just really loving the fact that is zair is a unique projectile that can combo into nair or dair in early percents...and at ledge you can do the same thing and just drop the plunger off the side. I don't really feel confident as Kirby anymore, but I'm also not used to the engine, I need more practice and labbing. I am on winter break after first semester of college so I got plenty of time to practice. :shyguy: (In other news, would it be painful if we got a waddle dee hat for the miis? If we aren't getting him as dlc at least I can play my swordfighter with a proper weapon wielder's likeness.)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I know it's a little off topic, but does anyone else feel weird about the engine? I changed stick sensitivity accordingly and all that, but it seems a lot harder to progress in matches with my older characters than before. I'm literally doing the best with Luigi, a character I almost never played last game purely because I hated doing cookie cutter combos? I guess I'm just really loving the fact that is zair is a unique projectile that can combo into nair or dair in early percents...and at ledge you can do the same thing and just drop the plunger off the side. I don't really feel confident as Kirby anymore, but I'm also not used to the engine, I need more practice and labbing. I am on winter break after first semester of college so I got plenty of time to practice. :shyguy: (In other news, would it be painful if we got a waddle dee hat for the miis? If we aren't getting him as dlc at least I can play my swordfighter with a proper weapon wielder's likeness.)
Kirby benefits a lot from the new short hop aerials move. Short hopping any one of his aerial moves can get you cookie cutter or serious combos, and even some kill confirms.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Jeez, WoL is like 40+ hours.
Really? I beat all of it in about 20, though admittedly, that was on Normal difficulty. (and by the end of it, I was cheesing some of the tougher fights, as the AI seems to have trouble with Snake)

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Really? I beat all of it in about 20, though admittedly, that was on Normal difficulty. (and by the end of it, I was cheesing some of the tougher fights, as the AI seems to have trouble with Snake)
It's even more bull**** on hard difficulty. I went through the whole thing without intentionally cheesing anything except for one fight, and it took me a total of 33.5 hours to beat it 100%.

The only fight I really cheesed was this one stamina battle against a legendary metal gear spirit, I didn't have any spirits that were four stars yet, so I did like 5 damage per attack and she did like 40, and the floor was poison so I couldn't use anything other than the poison floor immunity... it was hell. I ended up going pac-man and using trampoline to gimp her, it was hilarious.

I cheesed a lot more than just that if you consider equipping the franklin badge and standing still to be cheesing.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Somebody spoiled the game for me, like, before it came out.
Same here, though I avoided reading it too thoroughly so I was still surprised by exactly what they were talking about.

i read something about the master hand being playable, and something about a dark world, and something about the two final bosses fusing together or whatever. the third of which is not REALLY true but I probably would've guessed what the final boss would be anyway.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
It's even more bull**** on hard difficulty. I went through the whole thing without intentionally cheesing anything except for one fight, and it took me a total of 33.5 hours to beat it 100%.

The only fight I really cheesed was this one stamina battle against a legendary metal gear spirit, I didn't have any spirits that were four stars yet, so I did like 5 damage per attack and she did like 40, and the floor was poison so I couldn't use anything other than the poison floor immunity... it was hell. I ended up going pac-man and using trampoline to gimp her, it was hilarious.

I cheesed a lot more than just that if you consider equipping the franklin badge and standing still to be cheesing.
That hecking fight holy hell! I had to use Little Mac and 3 fist attack ups and I STILL couldn't beat her...until I edgeguarded her recovery.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Protip: use an Ore Club. Works for almost every Stamina battle.
I was thinking of doing that too, but I didn't wanna cheese until I got later into the story. IDK, I'm taking my time with it instead of just blasting through. That's probably why I'm nowhere near done the first few sections lmao

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I was thinking of doing that too, but I didn't wanna cheese until I got later into the story. IDK, I'm taking my time with it instead of just blasting through. That's probably why I'm nowhere near done the first few sections lmao
Nah, just cheese it. It's worth it, believe me.

D

Deleted member

I beat The Boss spirit battle by using Kirby's final cutter at the ledge

Btw I support BWD for DLC :)

D

Deleted member

Damn.
I haven't beat that one yet.
I might have gotten lucky lol. The ground was covered with poison, then I fell off the stage and recovered with final cutter, then ZSS happened to be right under me when I recovered then it spiked. I had only 5% HP, and she had 146% HP

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I might have gotten lucky lol. The ground was covered with poison, then I fell off the stage and recovered with final cutter, then ZSS happened to be right under me when I recovered then it spiked. I had only 5% HP, and she had 146% HP
Oh goodness.

Yeah I'm not gonna be able to beat that one until I unlock King Dedede.

Also guys, some prick just came onto the general thread saying Dee was deconfirmed. How about we all go to that thread and explain to them how they're wrong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom