• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
So, apparently there is a new Spirits update for Smash Ultimate where it's a chance to obtain Mario-themed spirits and there will be new exclusive spirits to be added as well. I think there's two spirits from Super Mario Party and a golden mushroom spirit, so that's interesting. Maybe we'll get new spirits from the Kirby series pretty soon that wasn't added at launch like Taranza, Adeleine, etc.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
You know what, but me up in the support list. At this point, this is character I most want from the Kirby series.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
So, apparently there is a new Spirits update for Smash Ultimate where it's a chance to obtain Mario-themed spirits and there will be new exclusive spirits to be added as well. I think there's two spirits from Super Mario Party and a golden mushroom spirit, so that's interesting. Maybe we'll get new spirits from the Kirby series pretty soon that wasn't added at launch like Taranza, Adeleine, etc.
I've been hoping for a legend spirit of Magolor's boss form. Maybe it's possible......

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
no he isnt
If more fighters are released after the Fighter's Pass, he might have a chance, but I don't see the same pass include both a Rex Mii costume and a playable Rex.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
no he isnt
Yeah sorry but Sakurai was pretty clear that there wasn't enough development time for serious XC2 representation and the way this DLC is looking I don't think he's going to be in wave 1. But if we get wave 2 I'm absolutely sure he'll be considered.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah sorry but Sakurai was pretty clear that there wasn't enough development time for serious XC2 representation and the way this DLC is looking I don't think he's going to be in wave 1. But if we get wave 2 I'm absolutely sure he'll be considered.
weve seen one character, youre jumping to conclusions

If more fighters are released after the Fighter's Pass, he might have a chance, but I don't see the same pass include both a Rex Mii costume and a playable Rex.
why not? sakurai's always doing random stuff

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's be realistic; Rex's role is confirmed as a Mii Costume as part of the Fighter's Pass(possibly the first Fighter's Pass, but it could possibly be the only one). He's realistically disconfirmed for that particular group of characters as playable. His role is extremely clear.

Now, it's not the fact he was disconfirmed for base roster. It's the fact he already has a clear role among the Fighter's Pass. It's an extremely logical conclusion that that Fighters and Mii Costumes are highly unlikely to have repeats. All we have for precedent is Smash For, in which it was the case as well. There's a strong chance he's not going to be part of the (first) Fighter's Pass. That's why he's a Mii costume, because he isn't playable. And part of the Season's Pass. to make his current role clear. Things could change with a second Fighter's Pass, sure. But right now? He's got a preset role. There's little reason to believe it would change right now. It's not impossible, but there's a 99% chance he's only a Mii costume. The chances of him being full playable can increase... if Sakurai and/or Nintendo wants a second Fighter's Pass. But that's his only real chance to have a fully playable role. Otherwise, next game or bust.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
weve seen one character, youre jumping to conclusions
You're not being realistic. This probably goes for Spirits as well. These characters are already well represented enough in the game, it wouldn't make sense for them to repeat characters who are already in the game with another extremely limited newcomer selection. We've already seen them go way outside of the box with Joker. The next fighter is probably going to be even more of a surprise. Granted, if we get a second fighter pass, I'm ready and willing to believe that the dev team is ok with upgrading miis and spirits to fighter status. But for now the fighter pass is going to include content that we have never seen before in Smash.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Yeah, a lot of Nintendo characters chances are effectively dead for season one of DLC, either due to spirits, mii costumes, or assist trophies. That includes Dixie Kong, Captain Toad, Rex, Waluigi, and worst of all, our Bandana Waddle Dee. I think a season two would greatly benefit them, but the general direction of season one alone looks like all third party, which, I don't wanna come across as sounding like I dislike third party, but come on, all five being third party? This is still a Nintendo game, right?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah, a lot of Nintendo characters chances are effectively dead for season one of DLC, either due to spirits, mii costumes, or assist trophies. That includes Dixie Kong, Captain Toad, Rex, Waluigi, and worst of all, our Bandana Waddle Dee. I think a season two would greatly benefit them, but the general direction of season one alone looks like all third party, which, I don't wanna come across as sounding like I dislike third party, but come on, all five being third party? This is still a Nintendo game, right?
Maybe the idea is, "Well, we gave the fans what they wanted in the base game, now we can add whoever we want as DLC." That being said, while I understand why people are upset about that, I'm not against it myself. It honestly feels like natural progression to me. Super Smash Bros can go from a celebration of Nintendo, to a celebration of video games in general. Hence, Smash is special.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Maybe the idea is, "Well, we gave the fans what they wanted in the base game, now we can add whoever we want as DLC." That being said, while I understand why people are upset about that, I'm not against it myself. It honestly feels like natural progression to me. Super Smash Bros can go from a celebration of Nintendo, to a celebration of video games in general. Hence, Smash is special.
That's fair, to some degree, having all third party will branch out to try to grab players of other consoles and all. I understand on that point, I just wish Nintendo had their first party character affairs in order first...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You're not being realistic. This probably goes for Spirits as well. These characters are already well represented enough in the game, it wouldn't make sense for them to repeat characters who are already in the game with another extremely limited newcomer selection. We've already seen them go way outside of the box with Joker. The next fighter is probably going to be even more of a surprise. Granted, if we get a second fighter pass, I'm ready and willing to believe that the dev team is ok with upgrading miis and spirits to fighter status. But for now the fighter pass is going to include content that we have never seen before in Smash.
excuse me for not wanting to rule anyone out until they were officially deconfirmed, everything you said i just speculation sakurai's always breaking the rules we perceive, and we dont know for sure its gonna only be stuff new to smash if i recall correctly the only statement in regards to the characters is that theyd all be newcomers

and surprise is relative i wasnt surprised by joker

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm fine with it as long as this means the B-K fans finally get what they want.

Du8-qw5X0AIw_Le.jpg

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Have we talked about what kind of Classic route Bandana Dee would have? I'll throw in my idea.

Sidekick Strike
  1. Isabelle
  2. Diddy Kong
  3. Bowser Jr. (sort of Bowser's sidekick... villains have can have sidekicks, right?)
  4. Pichu (based on the Pikachu and Pichu event in Melee, or Pichu playing Pikachu's sidekick in some anime instances)
  5. Falco
  6. Luigi
  7. Boss: Crazy Hand (Master Hand's sidekick)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Have we talked about what kind of Classic route Bandana Dee would have? I'll throw in my idea.

Sidekick Strike
  1. Isabelle
  2. Diddy Kong
  3. Bowser Jr. (sort of Bowser's sidekick... villains have can have sidekicks, right?)
  4. Pichu (based on the Pikachu and Pichu event in Melee, or Pichu playing Pikachu's sidekick in some anime instances)
  5. Falco
  6. Luigi
  7. Boss: Crazy Hand (Master Hand's sidekick)
I never though of it like that, but yeah it could work like that. Some (keyword "some") people argue that "filling a spot" as in BWD being the P4 of Kirby isn't a good argument but pointing out all of these sidekicks now makes sense.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
The sidekick theme would be a perfect theme for Dee's Classic Mode, since he's a sidekick to both Dedede and Kirby.

An alternative theme could relate to headgear that's wrapped around the head, since Dee's Bandana is such a major part of his design. It could be something like "Headlining Headgear" and feature a lineup of something like:

1. Ike and Roy -- Fire Emblem Headbands
2. Ryu, Richter, Snake -- Third-party headbands
3. Sheik -- Head wrap.
4. Dr. Mario -- Doctor light.
5. Bayonetta with her Bayonetta 1 costume -- That ribbon thing wrapped around her hair
6. A Mii Fighter horde battle with headgear like the Lacy Headband and Ninja Headband that fits the theme.
The boss could be Marx, because of his jester hat, and also being from Kirby and all.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
The sidekick theme would be a perfect theme for Dee's Classic Mode, since he's a sidekick to both Dedede and Kirby.

An alternative theme could relate to headgear that's wrapped around the head, since Dee's Bandana is such a major part of his design. It could be something like "Headlining Headgear" and feature a lineup of something like:

1. Ike and Roy -- Fire Emblem Headbands
2. Ryu, Richter, Snake -- Third-party headbands
3. Sheik -- Head wrap.
4. Dr. Mario -- Doctor light.
5. Bayonetta with her Bayonetta 1 costume -- That ribbon thing wrapped around her hair
6. A Mii Fighter horde battle with headgear like the Lacy Headband and Ninja Headband that fits the theme.
The boss could be Marx, because of his jester hat, and also being from Kirby and all.
Hmm, the idea of hats is also kinda cute. There are actually quite a few choices with that route.

Of course, they could also take this route...

Don't call me generic!
  1. Kirby (since there are multiple unnamed Kirby, doesn't use the pink skin)
  2. Pikachu
  3. Yoshi
  4. Miis
  5. Jigglypuff
  6. Piranha Plant (fair game now with DLC)
  7. Boss - Rathalos
I'll admit, that route would get a chuckle out of me, but if Nintendo themselves recognized the "he's too generic" thing, I'd be a little miffed.

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
Happy New Year Bandana Brigade! I don't have anything new years related to post, so have this awesome picture of the Star Allies dev team!
thank you.jpg

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Hmm, the idea of hats is also kinda cute. There are actually quite a few choices with that route.

Of course, they could also take this route...

Don't call me generic!
  1. Kirby (since there are multiple unnamed Kirby, doesn't use the pink skin)
  2. Pikachu
  3. Yoshi
  4. Miis
  5. Jigglypuff
  6. Piranha Plant (fair game now with DLC)
  7. Boss - Rathalos
I'll admit, that route would get a chuckle out of me, but if Nintendo themselves recognized the "he's too generic" thing, I'd be a little miffed.
They can technically take the generic route for all of the pokemon as well as Inkling, r even so far as the duck hunt duo and villager/wii fit trainer.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Happy New Year, Bandana Brigade!

Let’s hope our boi comes as DLC this year!

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
That's right I almost forgot! Happy new year everyone! Let's hope this year we get some form of modern Kirby recognition!

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
happy new years everyone and lets hope this year is the year of the waddle dees. Also any new years resolutions mine is to start making music or game development and stick with it

11th

Smash Apprentice
Also any new years resolutions
Actually finish the thing I started last month. It's getting there, but I've been pretty sidetracked with holiday things. And stress.

Also, not Bandana Dee, but I did get something for Christmas.
A Kirb! I don't currently have a game use for him, so in the nice, safe box he shall stay. He's currently on top of my computer tower.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Actually finish the thing I started last month. It's getting there, but I've been pretty sidetracked with holiday things. And stress.

Also, not Bandana Dee, but I did get something for Christmas.
A Kirb! I don't currently have a game use for him, so in the nice, safe box he shall stay. He's currently on top of my computer tower.
What's so sad for me is that my Kirb has a smol stain on his foot which makes him look worn :(

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I finished Star Allies. It was so good... Flamberge is 100% gay and I love her.

It's a shame how boring BD/D3/MK all feel compared to all the other dream friends but they're still good.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I finished Star Allies. It was so good... Flamberge is 100% gay and I love her.

It's a shame how boring BD/D3/MK all feel compared to all the other dream friends but they're still good.
I feel like it's less that they're boring and more that the other DF's are so well designed, but agreed.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
I feel like it's less that they're boring and more that the other DF's are so well designed, but agreed.
I agree.
They just decided to stick to the basics for them instead of completely revamping how they each play (besides the one move they gave each of them), so obviously they'd be less appealing.

Top Bottom