• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced Brawl Standard Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
:olimar:
Pikmin Chain for each color:
Red - damage (7%) -> (8%), knockback (90/60) -> (110/60)
Yellow - damage (6%) -> (8%), knockback (90/60) -> (80/75), angle (70) -> (80)
Blue - damage (6%) -> (7%)
White - damage (6%) -> (10%), knockback (90/60) -> (35/60)
Purple - damage (8%) -> (9%), knockback (88/60) -> (90/75)
I think the only buffs he got where to his Pikmin chain, but if I were to nerf him It would probably be in his Smashes or his Grab Game.

but I digress, Id rather have an Olimar main tell me then myself.

MAINs WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

PS. I think everyone is pretty much in agreement about Mario at this point.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Generally speaking, I would agree with nerfing Olimar's grab game. Mainly tone down the knockback of some of his killer throws. Like I would probably nerf his U-throw and B-throw slightly.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'm going to chime in saying I agree with the assessment regarding Mario's Dsmash, and with the assessment that Olimar's throws could do with a little less kill power.

Nice sig by the way Lokee.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
I second Olimar, and I do notice: His good matchups are incredibly good, and his bad ones (e.g. marth) are incredibly bad. Those who are good against him are those who have good ways to approach him without going through a barrage of pikmin throws and then a Fsmash or usmash, such as Marth (F-air). What makes him good (though it is what makes him as a character) is his ability to rack up insane amounts of damage by pikmin throw.

While I don't think that their damage should decrease, I do think that they should fall off on their own sooner. As a character increases in damage, the pikmin don't stay on as long. Perhaps that effect could be increased? That way, he'd rack up damage at normal rates at the beginning of an opponent's stock, but have a somewhat harder time reaching killing percentages vs. Heavies.

I think that his fsmash's knockback (but not damage) should be nerfed, vs. any of his other kill moves. I don't like how fast you can repeat it (well I like it, but it's a bit overwhelming) against slow characters with poor jumps. Like I said, if they can't get over your SH-pikmin spam, they'll have to also go through your fsmash.

Also, I'm not quite sure if it'd affect his negative matchups as much; they are due to his inability to spam pikmin as effectively. The damage would remain the same, so clashing would remain the same, but he simply wouldn't be getting his kills from that as much. He should instead just use his blue bthrow or upsmash against those matchups.

From the Olimar boards:

Marth - 40:60
Peach - 40:60
ROB - 40:60

Luigi - 35:65
Meta Knight - 35:65

MK is simply from ridiculous pressure and gimping skill. Is MK's tornado broken by olimar fsmash in Bbrawl? I don't think so, and so fsmash wouldn't have much of an effect in the matchup.

Luigi? I think it's because Luigi is able to sneak in the 45 degree-weak spot in Olimar's defense? I'm not sure, I don't main Olimar. The pikmin chain buff would help that I think...? Gimping fsmash wouldn't affect that much, I feel.

Rob outcamps Olimar. (Fsmash wouldn't change that).
Peach outcamps Olimar, and can float in through his "blind spot". Fsmash won't have much of an effect.
Marth's fair is just too **** good, and fsmash won't change that.

SO, in my opinion, nerfing fsmash and possibly pikmin throw's high-% damage rate would balance his **** matchups more than it would unbalance his disadvantageous matchups.

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
Good points CarVac.

That idea sounds pretty cool too. I hope it can done though.

For Olimar's badMUs that you mention. Marth and Rob will probably be nerfed as well in some way and MK is already nerfed (although I still think he needs one or two more.) So I think nerfing Olimar too much will be much of a problem.

Seems like Olimar has a hard time with chars that specialize in laying on the pressure.

but yeah if Fsmash really doesnt affect his bad MU that much then it sounds good.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I honestly think the Olimar boards are wrong about certain matchups.

Luigi is a really stupid matchup but it can't be 65/35 Luigi's favor as far as I'm concerned, and I say this with confidence as a Luigi user. Yeah, Luigi can do really dumb stuff when he's in range, and Olimar can't just spam Melee attacks against him. I still don't see Luigi exactly getting in range easily.

Metaknight is also a much closer matchup than implied. Metaknight can do very little to actually approach Olimar that isn't punishable besides D-air, and he has trouble shield poking like he usually does due to Olimar's shield being really good. Metaknight does win due to better stage control options in general, but it's not **** against Olimar.

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
Thanks for the sig Lokee.

I think that a few changes to Mario should be considered

1. Down smash- I agree with most of you in that Matio's downsmash is too powerful. I think that a small nerf to its knockback (kills 5-10% later) would make the speed/power ratio more fair

2. fair- Maybe it's just me, but it seems that the buff in fairs base knockback only applies to the spike hitbox. I think that a similar buff to the base knockback of the nonspike hitbox could make it a valid kill move at high percents.

3. fludd- I don't think it is unreasonable for mario to have a knockback buff similar to the one squirtle got. Perhaps it could even have some knockback growth? This would make it more effective at gimping and interfering with an opponets spacing.

4. d-tilt- dtilts purpose is to be a combo move, but its knockback growth is way too high to do that at most percents. A cut in its knockback growth would make it much more useful.

One thing that don't think we are discussing enough is stages. Now that SSE stages are becoming available, we should start discussing how we want to implement that into the next edition of BBrawl. Also, as far as I am concerned, the boundry change to Hyrule temple and Spear Pillar is a temporary solution. We need to discuss other options in making these stages (and others) more viable in tournament play.

Another thing that I think we need greatly is a bbrawl forum. I don't think that only one active thread does this community or this project justice. Whether it is on smash forums or somewhere else, we need more space in order to effectively discuss matchups, stages, post kill percents, etc.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
@A2ZOMG:
That is true (hence why I wondered about the Luigi matchup number). But anyway, my point was that nerfing fsmash would not hurt his bad matchups, and would balance his good matchups.

I'd like it if you commented about my suggestion. Whether the Olimar board's matchups are correct or not doesn't matter terribly much for bbrawl, but whether fsmash should be nerfed does matter.

Anyway, I was just discussing Olimar's fsmash with the people I play bbrawl with, and they seem to agree with my opinion that weakening it would help the game's balance overall.

@Red X:
Does sourspot fair need to be a kill move? Would it help Mario's bad matchups, without breaking his good matchups?
Should FLUDD be even better at gimping? Is it necessary to make it better? If anything, I'd expect that move would help his good matchups more than his bad matchups.

I thought that the discussion was more about making Mario weaker than giving him even more buffs. (Note: I don't play as Mario very well; those are my impressions of his gameplay)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A buff on the FLUUD would means a nerf on his Fair, so the gimp idea would be the same (really, mario don't need a stronger spike, nor a killer sourspot).

And yeah, Mario's Dsmash was already good, because it was never used un the center (in that case, Usmash or any combo setting was better); Dsmash was only a jab cancel option when near the ledge, and used to kill at around 130%, and considering that mario racks up good damage, it was okay.
Just let it like it was, it is really unnecesary/overdone, imo.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
Also, A2ZOMG, your opinion in particular would be very useful.

You play Ganon a lot, one of Olimar's really easy matchups, so could you explain what your mindset is when approaching an Olimar?

Pikmin spam is incredibly annoying, but doesn't cause flinching. So, how do you approach? What options do you have, and what options does the Captain have to shut them down?

I do know that his grab, which is outstanding, makes ground approaches extremely risky. (What does it to to Wizard's Foot?) His upsmash is really strong, but with the purples (the strongest kind), the range is short.

I suggested that Fsmash would be most helpful to nerf, due to its extremely long-lasting hitboxes and very low cooldown. What do you think?

What do other character mains think about this?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i always thought that luigi's aerial mobility was too poor to really hassle an olimar as well as some think he does. characters like squirtle and jiggs should give olimar more trouble.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@Red X:
Does sourspot fair need to be a kill move? Would it help Mario's bad matchups, without breaking his good matchups?
Should FLUDD be even better at gimping? Is it necessary to make it better? If anything, I'd expect that move would help his good matchups more than his bad matchups.

I thought that the discussion was more about making Mario weaker than giving him even more buffs. (Note: I don't play as Mario very well; those are my impressions of his gameplay)
At best, changes to those moves would matter significantly less than increased KO power to essential moves like Mario's Smashes. Sourspot F-air buff would only see a lot of use against Snake assuming Mario is juuuuust out of range to sweetspot, but otherwise is basically a situational if barely useable gimmick in most matchups.

FLUDD buff I honestly can't see doing much besides looking cool. Although it probably would help against Marth.

Okay, from what limited experience I have playing Ganon vs Olimar, generally I'm jumping a lot doing aerials to deflect Pikmin. What Ganon really needs is an aerial he can land safely on Olimar's shield, so that he doesn't get automatically shieldgrabbed or D-smashed for touching Olimar's shield. All Ganondorf can do is bait a grab and try to punish it so far.

Olimar doesn't really have an approach, but there is nothing Ganondorf can do to threaten him that can't be pivot grabbed or punished out of shield. You can technically just stay way from him, but if he gets the percent lead (which he will against Ganondorf due to Ganondorf's options for deflecting Pikmin being poor), you're at a disadvantage.

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
Actually, current discussion was Mario lol
none of my friends plays well as Mario (including myself), so, I think I can't feedback on that, sorry

@ NovaRyomaru: Dtilt isn't even used in battle lol (mainly because Nair is safer, faster and you can actually keep aproaching), and as random fact, having it tripping was one of the most annoying moves on the Genesis update of BBrawl.

Falcon now is a killer character, and he does it very well imo, so Utilt like it is, is ok

@Hollynightmare: nah, ROB's is far the worst one, and anyways, is not even very recurrent in battle (another random fact, it can be angled better than most others Fsmash, and that's a good point for it).

EDIT: every comment in this post is merely my opinion.
True, Falcon is significantly better, but really more so at in match ups he was already average with. He needs something to help him contend with the likes of Marth and those that are up there.

Normally I'd say MK too, but really I've never had trouble with MKs as Falcon, i always seem to luck and completely thrash him as Falcon.

Falcon, a great example of how far BB has come but still needs a bit of work.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ganon's entire game is supposed to be Bait & Punish. He will not be changed from that.

Also, Purple Pikmin Toss causes flinching.

Mario does NOT need more buffs. He needs nerfs. uSmash and dSmash specifically need to find that average between now and then.

Actually, his kill percents were already decent. His only problem was range and being beaten by long pokes. 6% fireball is good for this.

Also, there's no more infinites against him.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
isnt bbrawl just what brawl+ set out to do?

brawlplus originally didnt even want to change hitboxes, they wanted anybody o be able to pick it up with no different playstyle or changes from vbrawl. now they change so much, event he hitboxes are different, you have to learn it like a seperate game..

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
No.

Yeah, I think a nerf to Olimars f-smash and a buff to his grounded up-b would be good for balancing his MU's. He's alot like Link where he has a good ground game, but can be screwed if he's forced to go off stage so he's pretty balanced there.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
isnt bbrawl just what brawl+ set out to do?

brawlplus originally didnt even want to change hitboxes, they wanted anybody o be able to pick it up with no different playstyle or changes from vbrawl. now they change so much, event he hitboxes are different, you have to learn it like a seperate game..
Brawl+ was originally just Brawl with Melee codes, like wavedashing. This didn't work out, however, and its goals were completely changed. The Brawlplussery Codesets are make to make Brawl more like previous Smash games, while balancing the roster and adding depth.

It is, in a sense, a completely separate game.

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
True, Falcon is significantly better, but really more so at in match ups he was already average with. He needs something to help him contend with the likes of Marth and those that are up there.
I do thin...no I know :falcon: is better but yeah he does need a specific buff to help him with Marth and such most likely though :marth: will get a small nerf similar to :olimar: and :mario2:

Falcon, a great example of how far BB has come but still needs a bit of work.
Id say so too, but IMO :link2: and :pt: are the shining examples of what BBrawl's goal is.

Although I think Ivy needs a small Razor LeaF buff to balance him with the other Pokes.

I think we should begin discussion of :sonic: seeing how we pretty much agreed on Mario.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I have just a moment to make a random passing thought:

Pretty please send me or Ampharos tier list impressions, if you have got to play with BBrawl.

Blue Boss

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm not being able to launch BBrawl

I got a Kingston micro sd card (2 GB). I downloaded the fles from BBrawl post, unzipped it in the SD Card folder, launched brawl, but BBrawl hasn't started on Stage Builder ( and I erased all stages there, includig Nintendo's)

Can you help me? =/

Blue Boss

Smash Rookie
yes... and it stayed there, with nothing happening

Do I need to dowload anything else or do something within the sd card?

(oh and my wii is the north american and so is Brawl)

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm not being able to launch BBrawl

I got a Kingston micro sd card (2 GB). I downloaded the fles from BBrawl post, unzipped it in the SD Card folder, launched brawl, but BBrawl hasn't started on Stage Builder ( and I erased all stages there, includig Nintendo's)

Can you help me? =/
Did you double check the files are in the correct folders. Such as the file named: RSBE01.GCT is in the codes folder and the file named: st_080805_0933.bin is in the
private>wii>apps>rsbe>st folder directory. Oh and the gameconfig is placed at the root of your SD card.

If so AS SOON AS you start Brawl up from the CDchannel and get to the main menu go to where the Custom stage are at and it SHOULD load up automatically.

and darn Thinkaman just posted.

Blue Boss

Smash Rookie
I checked it out. So, the gameconfig must be in the root of the card. It is in the BBrawl folder

I'll try it out!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ganon's entire game is supposed to be Bait & Punish. He will not be changed from that.
An entire game based on that premise is doomed to failure without enough safety to fall back on. Pick a good enough character and you can basically do whatever you want against Ganondorf provided you play intelligently. He can't approach, he can't viably create openings, he can't camp, and he's destroyed by pokes. He still has several unwinnable matchups due to his lack of ANY safety.

Every character in this game except Ganondorf has an option that isn't destroyed by "spotdodge on reaction". They also have SOMETHING that can poke, while Ganondorf lacks anything that can be properly defined as a poke except autocanceled B-air against extremely tall characters.

At the very least, this character does not deserve to automatically get destroyed by "spotdodge on reaction". It's simply unfair and goes against all logic of balance. You don't know how many times it frustrates me when I go up against an opponent who learns that they can just wait and watch for whatever I do, and spotdodge it if it isn't meant to be blocked, and then I get punished. Ganondorf himself isn't allowed to spotdodge due to his spotdodge options being so ridiculously awful, meaning spotdodging only lets his opponent set up their spacing better, or get a free grab.

Actually, his kill percents were already decent. His only problem was range and being beaten by long pokes. 6% fireball is good for this.
Up-smash wouldn't kill DDD or Snake until like 160%. Mario's biggest problem in fact was keeping up with KO percents. He can deal damage, approach, pressure, and land kill moves easily, but his kill moves were really weak except for F-smash, meaning he was outclassed by higher tier characters in terms of KO options.

His problems with range kinda suck, but aren't unworkable due to his fireballs, speed, and long ranged F-smash.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That's not what I would call "balanced", or viable for competitive play, which is more importantly the real goal of this project.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ganondorf will always be a predicament, because they either have to:

A) Change his purpose as a character
B) Keep him at such a severe level of extremities

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
Makes sense, although, if it were up to me I'd stuff Ganon with Super Armor frames on most of his moves, that way even though he's slow there is more of a chance your move will just plow through especially on his gerudo

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Makes sense, although, if it were up to me I'd stuff Ganon with Super Armor frames on most of his moves, that way even though he's slow there is more of a chance your move will just plow through especially on his gerudo
That'd be a far more drastic change than just speeding up his jab or nair. So, it's highly unlikely.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I try to host tourneys, but I just get laughed at ._.

My community laughs at the idea of hacks becoming tourney viable, and Montreal's community (the closest out-of-town) is a Brawl+ community that laughs at vBrawl physics in general.

It's a real downer, eh.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Tier list impressions, V 1.0 IMHO.

Top Tier:
Captain Douglas Jay Falcon

High through low tier:
Everyone else.

Bottom tier:
Meatknight.

Serious business:

Top:
Snake
Diddy
Falco

High:
Meta
Wario
Olimar
Game and Watch
Mario
Icies (These could flop with Marth I guess.)
Marth

Mid:
Peach
Luigi (I'm really debating putting Luigi in High Tier, those fireballs man...)
DeDeDe
Link
Ness
Falcon
Toon Link
Pokemon Trainer
Pika
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Sonic
ROB
Ike
Zelda/Sheik

Low:
Yoshi
ZSS
Fox
Spamus
Lucas
Wolf (Nair buff is amazing, but eh....)
Pit (I honestly forgot he was in Brawl...lol)
Jiggs

Bottom:

Zelda or Sheik alone
Bowser
Ganon.

Thought this up in like five minutes, not really getting extensive, but this is what I think, roughly.

Don't flame me, I really don't care enough.

Criticism is cool though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
After your top/high tiers, I'd disagree a lot, and you kinda didn't include Samus or ROB up there.

I've kinda argued it for a million pages, but Samus I think is top because she's a character with good camping, good shield pressure, and good KO options. The buffs to her KO power make her EXTREMELY formidable, especially since she's heavy, and never gets gimped (lol S tier recovery srsly).

ROB's D-throw is ridiculously stupid, and combos into Up-smash if you predict their DI (if they airdodge, free regrab). You can do this at KO percents easily if you keep his D-throw somewhat stale. His U-throw kills Metaknight at 126%, which is also stupidly good. He was already a great character, and his matchups only got better for the most part.

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
Tier list impressions
Is there any particular reason you divided it into 5 tiers? Is there a significant difference between each tier? (i.e., Is the difference between Falco and Meta more significant than the gap from Snake to Diddy?)

If so, how large is the "difference" that divides the tiers?

If being in separate tiers denotes a significant or noticeable difference between characters, then I don't think that tier lists in BBrawl should look anything like vBrawl tier lists; there should be far fewer tier divisions. The difference between characters in BBrawl is much smaller than comparable gaps in regular Brawl. Take, for example, Ganon. Many people would probably put him as "Bottom" tier in BBrawl, just like he is in vBrawl; however, I don't think anyone could tenably argue that the gap between Ganon and the rest of the cast in BBrawl is at all comparable to the enormous gap between Ganon and rest of the cast in regular Brawl. The "Bottom" tier that Ganon is part of in regular Brawl isn't at all fairly comparable to any sort of "Bottom" tier for BBrawl.

As a result, I think it is potentially very misleading to put up a tier-list for BBrawl that has the same number of tiers as vBrawl, unless it comes with a disclaimer that the gaps between tiers is much smaller than the gaps that exist in vBrawl. Veteran players or players who have participated in other fighting game communities (e.g., Guilty Gear) have the experience and perspective necessary to understand that "Bottom tier" doesn't necessarily mean non-viable or horrible; however, many of the players here who have only ever been involved in Smash might not have that same insight, since, historically, "Bottom tier" in Smash has always been synonymous with "unplayable".

This is an especially important point when we consider the impression that these tier lists might have on outside observers who are looking at BBrawl for the first time and attempting to decide if they want to give it a try. Seeing tier lists that look just like the ones from regular Brawl will hardly be encouraging, and could even give the false impression that there is no appreciable difference. That is a dangerous misunderstanding that is detrimental to the health of this project, and some consideration should be given to avoiding it.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I did include Samus and ROB.

I admit I put ROB a little low, but my reasoning for him being Mid, is how crazy predictable he is. You can see most of his combos, or utilts coming a mile away. Pretty easy to predict/punish. Though, the latter is obvious. I definitely understand where you're coming from though, I'd say put him higher up on Middle.

Spamus on the other hand, I did completely forget to factor in HOW good her KO buffs were now. She really didn't have anything in normal Brawl that BBrawl took out, so that's good in her defense. I survive with Spamus until like...180% on average, no joke. Z air is such a silly gimp too.

After some consideration, I'd say move Spamus up to higher of middle tier, if not very top of it. I think the only thing holding her back is her ko options/kill/camp is only Good, not Great in any of the three, just good in all of them.

Missiles can be gotten around, you can bob and weave between her missiles and zairs, especially with the correct counterpick, and, her ko moves are pretty situational, some have slow start up, some are charge, some are positioning, etc etc.

She doesn't have a whole lot of negativity, besides the average factor.

Also a lot of my tier list comes from how little inexperience I have with anything besides Meta/Link/Olimar/Lucario/D3/Falco.

1. Is there any particular reason you divided it into 5 tiers? Is there a significant difference between each tier? (i.e., Is the difference between Falco and Meta more significant than the gap from Snake to Diddy?)

2. If so, how large is the "difference" that divides the tiers?

3. If being in separate tiers denotes a significant or noticeable difference between characters, then I don't think that tier lists in BBrawl should look anything like vBrawl tier lists; there should be far fewer tier divisions. The difference between characters in BBrawl is much smaller than comparable gaps in regular Brawl. Take, for example, Ganon. Many people would probably put him as "Bottom" tier in BBrawl, just like he is in vBrawl; however, I don't think anyone could tenably argue that the gap between Ganon and the rest of the cast in BBrawl is at all comparable to the enormous gap between Ganon and rest of the cast in regular Brawl. The "Bottom" tier that Ganon is part of in regular Brawl isn't at all fairly comparable to any sort of "Bottom" tier for BBrawl.

4. As a result, I think it is potentially very misleading to put up a tier-list for BBrawl that has the same number of tiers as vBrawl, unless it comes with a disclaimer that the gaps between tiers is much smaller than the gaps that exist in vBrawl. Veteran players or players who have participated in other fighting game communities (e.g., Guilty Gear) have the experience and perspective necessary to understand that "Bottom tier" doesn't necessarily mean non-viable or horrible; however, many of the players here who have only ever been involved in Smash might not have that same insight, since, historically, "Bottom tier" in Smash has always been synonymous with "unplayable".

5. This is an especially important point when we consider the impression that these tier lists might have on outside observers who are looking at BBrawl for the first time and attempting to decide if they want to give it a try. Seeing tier lists that look just like the ones from regular Brawl will hardly be encouraging, and could even give the false impression that there is no appreciable difference. That is a dangerous misunderstanding that is detrimental to the health of this project, and some consideration should be given to avoiding it.
1. The entire purpose of BBrawl, as stated millions of times over and over again, is Balance, which closing the gap between the tiers is an implied direction of the project. The reason I did 5 tiers is because that's easiest to read, against like EVERYONE bunched into one tier, then another tier having like 2 people. Just convenience, nothing personal or anything.

2. The gap between the tiers is pretty significant, as stated by my tier speculation. High don't have a whole lot of trouble killing/damaging/camping/recovering, etc. Mid start to struggle with something a little bit, Link with recovery, Falcon with priority, Tink with kills, and all that jazz.

3. Any far fewer divisions, we're only going to have like...2 tiers? Top and everyone else. We have the multiple tiers to classify better. As I stated in #2, each tier starts to get more problems then the proceeding tier, and so forth. Ganon is bottom tier in regular Brawl for multiple reasons. He can get chain thrown to death, easy to gimp, no approach, hard to land a kill, terrible recovery, lots of lag on his moves.

Out of that list of reasons why Ganon is bottom, the only one removed is chain throwing, 5 of the 6 still remain, in turn, though he got buffs, it takes some CRAZY determination and reading to play Ganon correctly, in either game.

A2Z, back me, Ganon sucks. ;)

4. Though I see your point, Balancing a game should close tier lists gaps a lot, any fewer would just be really disorganized, and would cause a lot more flame. Bottom tier being unplayable is untrue. Look at Legan currently, he goes almost all Link in tourney, and comes so close to money it's not even funny. A lot of people go only bottom, because they are in turn, a great player, character aside, and can achieve greatness. Legan's character is the only thing holding him back from being a money making player. Just because Legan's Link is amazing, doesn't hide Link's weaknesses, Legan just makes sure those weaknesses don't show as frequently. His Link is top, no doubt, but that's like saying you have the most painful headaches, It's a double negative. Look at the twins when they played Melee, Pichu and Kirby, and they made a huge impact using such bad characters.

5. Tier lists may be intimidating, but I doubt they would shy away a potential player from BBrawl. Yeah the tier lists are the same, but bottom tiers are more likely to be a bit more viable at very minimum in BBrawl. Iunno what else to say to this statement really. I see your point completely, and while it is misleading, reading into the project itself proves how different and unique it really is.

Also this is just a speculation. We hardly even have any solid match up data/tourneys to get solid evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom