• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced Brawl Standard Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Guys, why don't you post your specific matchups in Bbrawl instead of just saying what things people should have? That'll come up after all the matches, or close to all of them, have been considered.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
My area, a very prevalent Brawl+ area, thinks that if they want to play a "balanced" game, they'll play Brawl+. Luckily, they already have the hacker mentality.

Mit

Smash Ace
I could go into more specific matchup discussion with Falcon but it would all be me complaining about the same things. He just doesn't seem to have a 'balanced' chance against more defensive characters. Feels as if he needs more options, which is certainly a harder thing to implement into his moveset, but when you look at the things given to Link or Ganon, it seems like he should've gotten something to improve his options as well, which I think was attempted with the dtilt trip, but that didn't work out too well. However instead of completely removing the dtilt trip and turning it back into a subpar move (it sets up better now, but hitting with it is still a problem, you just usually have better options than to use dtilt), I think something else should've been considered, either to change up the way the trip works or another new option elsewhere.

I personally don't think the dtilt trip was too bad of an idea, but dtilt just still wasn't very easy to hit with and had a good amount of cooldown if you whiffed it. Maybe if the move could come out faster but still keep enough ending lag to prevent you from continually tripping your opponent, you'd be able to land it more often and it could become the decent techchase option it was supposed to be in the beginning (although, this may already have been tried and the theory disproven).

But yeah, I'm still interested in Thinkaman's in-depth opinion of Falcon and how his matchups are against more defensive players. Where has he been? D:

Linkshot

Smash Hero
With PSA, I figured out there's a "Trip Chance" on each move.

I think setting the chance on the dTilt hitboxes to 50% (0.5 Scalar Value, actually) would be a fair compromise.

You get the benefits of a trip without constantly retripping, and also a chance to pop the opponent in the air.

This will instate a fear aura when Falcon is about to dTilt, because they have to consider many more options.

TP

Smash Master
But yeah, I'm still interested in Thinkaman's in-depth opinion of Falcon and how his matchups are against more defensive players. Where has he been? D:
He has been out of town since a couple days ago, and won't be back for a week or so. I don't know how often he will be visiting the forum.

As for Falcon, I really do think he's fine. Thinkaman was concerned about the Falcon-Olimar matchup in particular, so we tested it out. Admittedly, my Olimar is nothing special, but Falcon seems to be able to pressure well enough. At the start of the match, I landed 4 grabs in like 10 seconds because he was approaching wrong, but once he worked it out things went much better. Falcon's Utilt now kills Olimar at stupidly low percents, too. As others have said, Falcon has a very high learning curve, but I honestly feel that he is "balanced" in the right hands.

Linkshot... too late for that now. :) I actually like that idea, but the time has come to stop suggesting changes, because none will happen for many months.

:034:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I didn't know that FD had a giant ball of blinding light in the middle... good find.
It's not THAT bad.

You need to just be patient with the video. It gets better.

By the way, the download link is broken. It doesn't show you the files anymore, although I was able to input a search for "Balanced Brawl" with success.

daisho

Smash Lord
It's not THAT bad.

You need to just be patient with the video. It gets better.

By the way, the download link is broken. It doesn't show you the files anymore, although I was able to input a search for "Balanced Brawl" with success.
Just messing lol, I saw.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What is new is that I figured out with proper timing (that isn't that unrealistically hard), Mario's Hyphen Smash can slide very far.

Considering how good of a KO move it is, and how FAST Mario actually slides, and the potential to cross up opponents, yeah.

I'm going to explain, this is MUCH harder to apply in an actual match compared to a DACUS. Because not only must you know the spacing, this isn't something you can buffer. It's probably going to take some time before we see any Mario mains that actually apply this properly.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
btw, what was done to help the WORST non projectyle/chaingrab matchup:
Jigglypuff vs Game and Watch (about 20:80)?

Jigg's aerial improves are good, but as I see, GW is still having crazy disjoint/strong attacks and good mobility, so Jiggs is still having few options (approach or camping, none is useful at all...). If her attacks can't even touch him, buffs are not even importaint...

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
Given that the designers of BBrawl main Jigglypuff and G&W, I don't think you really need to worry about that particular match-up too much.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
btw, what was done to help the WORST non projectyle/chaingrab matchup:
Jigglypuff vs Game and Watch (about 20:80)?

Jigg's aerial improves are good, but as I see, GW is still having crazy disjoint/strong attacks and good mobility, so Jiggs is still having few options (approach or camping, none is useful at all...). If her attacks can't even touch him, buffs are not even importaint...
I think that 90% of Jigglypuff mains are seriously emo.

80/20? Hell naw. That's just stupid. It's 65/35 at worst in vBrawl.

You know who has more trouble with G&W? Luigi. Yeah...he got a fireball and DA buff, but he still can't exactly approach G&W. And G&W has a very easy time edgeguarding him.

TP

Smash Master
Thinkaman is probably one of the 2 best Jiggs mains in the country. He probably has a good feel for this one.

TP

Smash Master
Wow, pretty big names there, Pierce. Keep spreading the word about this.

We plan on drawing a lot of huge names to our BBrawl-only tourney on November 7th.

Mit

Smash Ace
decent sized one in texas this weekend as well. should be the first good tourney data for bbrawl. who do you think is gonna win?
Meta Knight.

Until more people start playing lower tiers and all the lower tier players get more familiar with the top tier character matchups. (and I speak of vBrawl tiers)

That's who my money would be on anyways.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Nice work. Good luck on making this hit the mainstream. It would be interesting to see this catch on and develop. Don't make the same mistakes Brawl+ did with having an update every freaking day. Get it right in just a few fixes and let it be. No body wants to play an every changing game. Again, good luck and props to all involved in developing this.

TP

Smash Master
Nice work. Good luck on making this hit the mainstream. It would be interesting to see this catch on and develop. Don't make the same mistakes Brawl+ did with having an update every freaking day. Get it right in just a few fixes and let it be. No body wants to play an every changing game. Again, good luck and props to all involved in developing this.
Don't worry about that at all. It will not be changed until 2010, period.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I think UTDZac has it in the bag if that's the tournament I think we're talking about. Who knows, though. Some "low tier" character from vBrawl might come out of nowhere and show him his lack of experience versus them or something. However, I have faith in Zac.

Also, Ice Climbers are the bottom half of my tier list. By bottom half, I mean bottom 10 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom