• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia! GAME OVER! MAFIA WINS!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I think MArshy is mostly clear, because he made no effort to try and hide that he was killing as fast as possible which seems a little brave, and because I hadn't issued my warning yet.
most likely clear because 1/8 he's godfather 7/8 hes townie

It was still a stupid move that has a high % of taking out one of us then allowing the Mafia to get a free night kill. It was a fun concept before since me, Marshy, and Tom didn't know about bombs. I think everyone's just giving him the clear because he didn't hit something more valuable like a bomb or a cop.
what do you mean by you, marshy, and i didn't know about bombs?

Florida

イーグランツ
Saying that Marshy is most likely clear because of the odds is dumb.

If I were to kill someone right now, would it be the same thing? Anyone that kills from now on is most likely clear because of the odds, then, right?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, at first while reading, I felt 50/50 with bombs claiming. Now? 55/45, non bomb claiming favor

I agree that with 2 bombs, we have two confirmed townies that can help us and even narrowing down the numbers. When Cop claims and tells his investigation, that'll help narrowing even more. Within time, we may find our mafias about Day 3, assuming the cop is alive by then >>

However, I'm not too much in favor of two bombs quickly claiming. IMO, the other bomb should be quiet till about Day 2. I'm assuming that when a bomb gets nked, TWO townies die instead of one, thus putting the cop at risk. I'm sure that if a possible goon fake claims bomb, we can find ways to see if he's lieing, such as cc. But yeah, not much in favor of it happening.

I'm just curious Nicolas, why were you so quick to claim bomb when not even half of the people were talking?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

If I were to kill someone right now, would it be the same thing? Anyone that kills from now on is most likely clear because of the odds, then, right?
One quick instant kill is one thing. Another quick kill when discussion is happening is something entirely different.

again, the odds that he's a godfather is low, but that doesn't mean he could be. It's just a gamble really, and for now, I don't think he's godfather.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
what do you mean by you, marshy, and i didn't know about bombs?
When Marshy first told me about this game, the setup wasn't clear. All we knew (or at least I knew) was that people were going to be allowed to shoot each other at anytime.

@Rockin: Say I shoot you right now. Day recycles. Am I now cleared since chances are 2/8 that I'm scum? Marshy didn't need anyone to have to hold his hand and say, "Don't shoot; it's a bad idea, ok?" because he knew better. There should be no difference between someone killing someone Day 1 quickdraw and Day 2.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
However, I'm not too much in favor of two bombs quickly claiming. IMO, the other bomb should be quiet till about Day 2. I'm assuming that when a bomb gets nked, TWO townies die instead of one, thus putting the cop at risk. I'm sure that if a possible goon fake claims bomb, we can find ways to see if he's lieing, such as cc. But yeah, not much in favor of it happening.
I'm pretty sure that when a bomb gets nked, it's "diffused" as in, the bomb doesn't kill anyone else. Only from day kills do bombs go off. FF can probably shed more light on that, but that's how I thought it was.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I don't think Marshy is anti-town for what he did. I just felt he was either impatient or just didn't like inactivity. >_>
clarify what you mean by "just didn't like inactivity"

bombs only kill other townies when they're daykilled not nightkilled pythag

fos florida because his posts have said nothing other than reminding people to stay suspicious of me. that's totally the angle scum would go for

going off pure statistics then yeah. but when half the players say "don't shoot" then it'd be a lot more suspicious and just make town confused like tom said earlier

and to clarify: i knew about the bomb roles. i read tom's post saying "don't shoot" before the game started. shot anyway

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

@Rockin: Say I shoot you right now. Day recycles. Am I now cleared since chances are 2/8 that I'm scum? Marshy didn't need anyone to have to hold his hand and say, "Don't shoot; it's a bad idea, ok?" because he knew better. There should be no difference between someone killing someone Day 1 quickdraw and Day 2.
No, because you're shooting with little to no reason. And Things differ when days passed. Day one it was just Marshy going after a person. Day 2, discussion is now going on, so there's no need to shoot without reason >>

And also, consider who Marshy shot. He shot someone who didn't confirm themselves in the thread. Who's to say he's killing off inactive people? Regardless, I feel that Marshy is innocent till proven guilty by cops and such >>

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's how it's supposed to work.

On the topic of Marshy's D1 kill:

If I could daykill, and I decided to Shoot: random player, how would that be any different from what Marshy did? The results are the same in that a random person (most likely a townie) dies, and mafia gets another free nightkill. Sure, we know that Marshy has to be one of the daykilling roles, 8/9 of which are town, but is it really a smart idea for town to semi-clear people just because they can daykill? Yeah, from a pure mathematical perspective, Marshy is more likely to be town, but from my personal scum-hunting perspective, Marshy is now more likely to be godfather.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
If I could daykill, and I decided to Shoot: random player, how would that be any different from what Marshy did? The results are the same in that a random person (most likely a townie) dies, and mafia gets another free nightkill. Sure, we know that Marshy has to be one of the daykilling roles, 8/9 of which are town, but is it really a smart idea for town to semi-clear people just because they can daykill? Yeah, from a pure mathematical perspective, Marshy is more likely to be town, but from my personal scum-hunting perspective, Marshy is now more likely to be godfather.
STOP PARROTING PEOPLE YOU'RE IMPORTANT

you're missing the point. i knew i'd probably hit a townie at the beginning of d1. didn't care. in fact i mostly joined to vig. i told people before the game started "i'd just shoot immediately". so many players arguing over statistics is dumb, a waste of time, and gets us nowhere. when a cleared townie endorses that kind of bull**** then scum will figure that they'd be in the clear to talk about it too

Ronike

Smash Ace
STOP PARROTING PEOPLE YOU'RE IMPORTANT

you're missing the point. i knew i'd probably hit a townie at the beginning of d1. didn't care. in fact i mostly joined to vig. i told people before the game started "i'd just shoot immediately". so many players arguing over statistics is dumb, a waste of time, and gets us nowhere. when a cleared townie endorses that kind of bull**** then scum will figure that they'd be in the clear to talk about it too
This is why I don't see Marshy as killworthy. This is a strange game, and honestly I completely expected it to happen day 1. It isn't great, but it was expected. All that, in addition to the fact that everyone against Marshy just is completely overlooking a very important fact, is why we need to drop this now.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
still vague. how did i "cut off inactivity"?
I think his point is that Ignatius is usually inactive (at least he was in spidey-mafia), so you killed him off for that reason.

About Marshy's daykill:

Well, after re-reading some of the thread, I've realized some things I missed when I was making my last post. They are:

1) The difference between Marshy's D1 daykill and doing a D2 kill is the fact that on D2 there's more to discuss, and when I asked myself "What is there to discuss, Marshy's daykill ended D1 before any discussion", I realized I was missing the point, Marshy's daykill was the discussion generator (sort of like my fake daykill in Spidey-mafia)

2) Although a daykill to start off D1 is (in my opinion) not exactly optimal play, Marshy said back during the signups section (before any roles were given), that he was planning on killing off one of the less experienced players because town needs optimal play. (Which he did note was a contradiction :p) Although Ignatius isn't exactly new, he is usually (or was in spidey-mafia) inactive, which also doesn't foster optimal play.

So, although these observations don't clear Marshy outright, they did alter my perception of his daykill quite significantly.

@Rockin
Well, after reading it through a few times, I couldn't find any holes in my analysis of why the bombs should claim, and when the first few people to post agreed with me, I felt the matter was settled, and so claimed immediately.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
still vague. how did i "cut off inactivity"?
As in, you decided to shoot a inactive person.

I remember before there was talk about players possibly shooting off the newer cast members cause they needed top level of play. However, since FF pretty much put down that only experienced, I expected no one to shoot so quickly. Then I saw you not only tried once, but twice, I litterally LMFAO at you (in a good way :p ). It was so random. It came out of no where! LOL

After that, I assumed that you just killed Iggy because he didn't post saying that he confirmed of getting the PM.

@Rockin
Well, after reading it through a few times, I couldn't find any holes in my analysis of why the bombs should claim, and when the first few people to post agreed with me, I felt the matter was settled, and so claimed immediately.
You should wait and see what a few more thought next time, as revealing roles could be either helpful or HURTful. >>

Chaco

Never Logs In
Marshy makes an excellent point. Really, I say we just have bombs claim, clear them and get **** done.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
hm. i kinda like the idea of the 2nd bomb staying quiet unless he needs to counterclaim. i guess that'd depend on whether or not that player thinks he can keep himself from being shot since it seems like we won't have to worry about anymore random shootings

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well thats the reason why people, not just myself, are saying either 0 claim or 2 claim. Counterclaiming bomb seems scummy, but if you're the first to claim its not so bad.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I just wanted to let everyone know, incase no one noticed, that Junglefever has yet to post >_>

Frozen Flame, a prod to the junglefever plz?

Ronike

Smash Ace
...I hate you all. I'm tempted to shoot you now Tom, but I'll hold off until I have more evidence. Until then, watch your step sir.

I'm not a bomb.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
...I hate you all. I'm tempted to shoot you now Tom, but I'll hold off until I have more evidence. Until then, watch your step sir.

I'm not a bomb.
That's ********. I completely understand your reasoning about why 0 Bombs claims might be better than 2 Bomb claims, but do you not understand why getting only 1 Bomb claim is possible suicide?

Also, fairly sick of you scapegoating me.

Also, I'm not a Bomb.

Omni

BRoomer
It's not showing up when anyone quotes it, but I see what you're looking at Hando. I'm afraid that we shouldn't draw any attention to it, but at this point it seems like it's impossible to hide although it is somewhat confusing.

"I'm cop."

Yeah, not sure wtf that's about, who planted it, or how it even was implemented in there.

Omni

BRoomer
Someone shoot Hando.
Either you're incredibly stupid or incredibly reckless.

Mafia would never point out your not-so-hidden cop claim. You'd just be killed under the radar N2.

God ****it, Chaco. Please tell me you got a guilty on someone.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Someone shoot Hando.
So basically, because I pointed out that either you were claiming for some unknown reason OR because you were trying to pass it to Tom...I must be shot.

When I could have just as easily gone "Hey, mafia. Look here"

Top Bottom