• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia! GAME OVER! MAFIA WINS!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Since Frozenflame was kind enough to give us the exact makeup of the game, we know there are two bombs. Anyone else claiming bomb would have to be mafia.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
ARE YOU READY GUYS?!

YEAH!!!!!!!!

PUTCHA GUNS ON!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you're all ready to lock and load. Let's get this party started!

DAY 1 BEGI...

KEKEKEKKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKKEKEKEKEKE

Chaco has been Zerg rushed, by KevinM the first to confirm! His body has been torn limb from limb beyond recognition! He has been removed from the game!

Anyway, DAY ONE BEGINS

Sorry about the late start, haircut went late. Yeah no johns, sorry sorry etc. ;_;

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
And with that...

BANG

Day One Ends!

Ignatius, Townie has been mercilessly shot down by Marshy!

The game is now in Night Phase!

NO POSTING PLEASE!

Also, the zerg rush was a joke. You're still in the game Chaco. =)

Mafia and cops, please send in your night actions A.S.A.P.!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T SHOOT MARSHY OR ANYONE!!!

Okay, I know Day 1 went INSANELY fast, so lets see if we can actually try to get some discussion in this crazy Mafia game

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The bombs should claim. We then have two clears and we don't risk shooting them.

i bet marshy is godfather
I'd like to hear you compound on this, Macman, because as far as I know, you both were racing to get the first kill. I was taking part in that race, too, until a few days before the game started when Yaya never signed up and Frozenflame put in an experience requirement. So now that Marshy is cleared as being either 8/9 Townie and 1/9 Godfather, you immediately bet that he is Godfather.

Also, our most important players are the Cops. But, as KevinM and I discussed in pre-game meta-talk, a Cop who only gets 1 guilty isn't really doing his job. The math of this setup seems to dictate that a Cop needs to get 1 guilty + confirm 1 innocent. So, if a Cop got a guilty last Night, if he does not feel that he is in danger right now, he should wait until he has one more investigation under his belt before he claims. When a Cop claims, they are sure to be killed that Night, as there are no protection roles, so once you have claimed, you have basically completed everything you will do in this game.

Handorin

Smash Hero
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T SHOOT MARSHY OR ANYONE!!!

Okay, I know Day 1 went INSANELY fast, so lets see if we can actually try to get some discussion in this crazy Mafia game
This. We shouldn't discuss the kill -too- much for now. Chances are he is town, but there is the slight chance he is actually mafia as well. When things start becoming stagnant, it will probably be a good topic.

Agreed. What's everyone think about the bombs claiming immediately?
I think they should eventually. At the moment, I think we can think of more to discuss. If they claim, we just go, "Oh, cool. What now?" and try and move on. So we should wait a day or two for some cop reports. We might get one of them cleared from a cop.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
This. We shouldn't discuss the kill -too- much for now. Chances are he is town, but there is the slight chance he is actually mafia as well. When things start becoming stagnant, it will probably be a good topic.
When I said this, it was leaning more to the fact that 'no one should shoot so soon. I mean like, Day 1 was litterally used on a day kill. I didn't want Day 2 to be the same way ><;;

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
The bombs should claim. We then have two clears and we don't risk shooting them.

I'd like to hear you compound on this, Macman, because as far as I know, you both were racing to get the first kill. I was taking part in that race, too, until a few days before the game started when Yaya never signed up and Frozenflame put in an experience requirement. So now that Marshy is cleared as being either 8/9 Townie and 1/9 Godfather, you immediately bet that he is Godfather.

Also, our most important players are the Cops. But, as KevinM and I discussed in pre-game meta-talk, a Cop who only gets 1 guilty isn't really doing his job. The math of this setup seems to dictate that a Cop needs to get 1 guilty + confirm 1 innocent. So, if a Cop got a guilty last Night, if he does not feel that he is in danger right now, he should wait until he has one more investigation under his belt before he claims. When a Cop claims, they are sure to be killed that Night, as there are no protection roles, so once you have claimed, you have basically completed everything you will do in this game.
Don't know what you want me to say. It was just me talking.

I think its quite apparent that chances are that he's town. And that's the exact reason why I said that. Because it would be pretty funny if he was.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
cops should claim as soon as they get a guilty. bombs claim, cops with guilties can die, we choose who shoots the guilty results, and it becomes a game of vigs/gf shooting each other

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
tom did you really think what macman said about me being gf was suspicious?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Don't know what you want me to say. It was just me talking.

I think its quite apparent that chances are that he's town. And that's the exact reason why I said that. Because it would be pretty funny if he was.
if he wasn't*

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
vote: tom

the longer the cops wait to claim the greater the chance they get nked without giving us a guilty. both the vigs and bombs will reveal themselves over time. ridiculously suspicious

Florida

イーグランツ
So just what the hell was your reasoning for shooting so quickly, Marshy?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer

the longer the cops wait to claim the greater the chance they get nked without giving us a guilty. both the vigs and bombs will reveal themselves over time. ridiculously suspicious
lol modkill: Marshy

Didn't I say no voting in this game?! FoS dammit!

No, he's not really dead. =P

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
So just what the hell was your reasoning for shooting so quickly, Marshy?
This.

I don't see how a random shot in the dark that has a high probability of hitting town would benefit us in the least.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Bombs need to claim and then we need to scumhunt. Anybody who kills without good reason from now on is godfather in my mind.

Florida

イーグランツ
I don't think Marshy is anti-town for what he did. I just felt he was either impatient or just didn't like inactivity. >_>
If Marshy is scum then you're letting him hide behind these excuses. Don't assume that. And the day JUST started, how could the reasoning behind his shooting be impatience? Marshy is better than that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
cops should claim as soon as they get a guilty. bombs claim, cops with guilties can die, we choose who shoots the guilty results, and it becomes a game of vigs/gf shooting each other
it doesn't become a game of that because there are 2 cops but there are 3 goons, and there is still the nightkill.

tom did you really think what macman said about me being gf was suspicious?
i think it was dumb because 1) he already knew you were going to do it and 2) it is a longshot comment that he puts no faith in, so that if it is correct he can "haha i told you so" and if he is wrong its nothing out of the ordinary. that is annoying. yaya does that. he accomplishes nothing by saying it but he also reminds everyone that you could still be mafia godfather.

if mafia try to kill cops then they are leaving 2 cleared bombs alive, making them closer to a lynch during day. if there are no cop claims, mafia will nightkill the bombs because bombs will never be lynched. (lynch meaning daykilled) if a cop got a guilty last night, by revealing it they simply trade 1 cop for 1 goon. if both did that, we would still have 1 gf and 1 goon and 0 cops. however, if they dont claim and mafia is forced to kill bombs then they can have at least 1 more night of safety. if they can also get innocent reports, they can help determine possible counterclaims. thats why the bombs are there, to soak up the first few nightkills for the town because scum cannot afford to leave them alive.

If Marshy is scum then you're letting him hide behind these excuses. Don't assume that. And the day JUST started, how could the reasoning behind his shooting be impatience? Marshy is better than that.
1/9 Marshy is scum. We consider him cleared by game mechanics. he doesnt need to hide behind any excuses.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Bombs need to claim and then we need to scumhunt. Anybody who kills without good reason from now on is godfather in my mind.
i agree with this. nobody should instant-kill like marshy did. marshy basically gets a pass on it because we cannot undo it and he is cleared by it, but straight up by numbers we cannot afford to do it again. anyone killing without legitimate reason will get heavy suspicion, it is not worth it.

i also would like to remind everyone that you should wait until everyone has posted at least once before you end the day. if a cop is ready to come out but you kill someone and end day before they can post, you will know that you are ********.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I disagree about the bombs claiming immediately. The problem with any role that can't daykill claiming is it gives the mafia more of an advantage than us. In all reality here, the mafia's goal is not to kill all the townies, but to kill all the daykilling townies. Cause without any daykillers, who cares if the cop finds them out? So every night they are going to want to kill a daykiller, and every bomb and cop we reveal gives them a higher chance of hitting the killers. So bombs, please don't claim unless you are about to be killed, which brings me to another point:

Anyone who plans on daykilling, could you at least announce your desicion to do so? Randomly day killing only helps the mafia as not only do we then have a chance of hitting bombs and losing two townies for one, but then the Godfather can get away with it too. I realize by announcing ones desicion to do so gives the mafia a chance to pull a fast one on the town a fire before the desired target can be hit, but then we know who to daykill the next day, taking the GF from the mafia.

As for the cops, well its tricky. On one hand, we take a target from the mafia, but on the other we know that we are going to hit a mafia then. Here is what I would reccomend to the cops: if someone threatens a hit on someone, and you know that another person is mafia, claim and tell us who is your investigations. That's my thought at least.

Oh, and FOS on Tom. He's smart, I'm pretty sure he could figure out that clears give the mafia a big advantage and just a better idea that bombs claiming and knew that he was a big enough name that people would follow him if he reccomended it.

Top Bottom