• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia! GAME OVER! MAFIA WINS!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Now that Chaco has been outed, he should state his innocent. He said he doesn’t have a guilty. My reasoning should be obvious.

It was a very uneducated move. Chaco recently dived straight into the mafiascum community and is playing games there in an attempt (not only to have fun, I assume) to learn. However, it should be noted that using phpbb code on mafiascum to hide secret messages in games is against the global rules. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6470 It is not against the rules here, but obviously, as you can see, it is frowned upon because it always, always fails.
I knew it was against the rules on MS, but also knew it was not on here. I saw Marshy do it in TNM, and thought of it as an option. I looked to see if it was visible, and at a glance it was not. Like I said, I didn't expect anyone to look really closely and/or highlight a quote. The reason I placed it within a quote is that you cannot re-quote the quote. So it's virtually impossible to directly quote it. I was hiding it there, to pull of something later. If it came down to, I needed something to give a little extra boost. Because I do not present the most accurate cases. It was ill advised, and you can bet I won't do it again, heh. However, while I'm saying it. I investigated Mentos, I figured that Mentos was a good player and it'd be good to clear him or break him early off. I also asumed the other cop would investigate Marshy. Anyways, yeah. Dumb move. Get heat. Get killed.

But also notice, Tom, you said that it would be ill advised for them to point it out. Omni said he wasn't going to point it out. But then got very loud once Hando pointed it out.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Like I said before, you changed your mind on the bombs claiming topic because of this:

Marshy makes an excellent point. Really, I say we just have bombs claim, clear them and get **** done.
However, Marshy never said he was in favor of bombs claiming. He's been against it like me. And if those were two separate points, well OK, why did you flip flop three separate times on it? And don't say because you were sick of the argument, that's how scum get caught.

Someone shoot Hando.
Um, no, why were you even suggesting it?

Then, you go from this:
And no, I don't have a guilty on anyone.
to this:
Basically Omni. You picked up on a paper trail. Does it mean I am cop? No. Does it mean Tom is Cop? No. Is it a red herring? Yes.
to this?
My innocent died.
Um, seems like you are flip flopping whether you are a cop or not... which is weird, considering if you were cop, you would know for sure whether you were or not. Plus you just happened to investigate mentos, who obviously had made no contributing posts, just like none of us had, so it was random, the same night the mafia randomly hit him? Do you know the basic chances of this happening? If it were truly random, the chances would be 1/11 for the mafia * 1/14 for you, which is obviously really, really **** odds. At the very least, you wanna explain why you wanted to investigate mentos at all? Cause frankly, I call bull on your cop claim. But I agree with Tom that we shouldn't kill yet.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Nope, sorry. If you were trying to go after an experienced good player, why not go after Tom, or Kevin? I don't believe it. More so, I don't believe that you AND the mafia would go after mentos. So no.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I also asumed the other cop would investigate Marshy.
cops get innocent on the gf. meaning they should never investigate people who shoot. it says that in their pms

and to clarify ronike i was for both bombs claiming but who cares what i thought it seems irrelevant to that whole argument anyway

Chaco

Never Logs In
Nope, sorry. If you were trying to go after an experienced good player, why not go after Tom, or Kevin? I don't believe it. More so, I don't believe that you AND the mafia would go after mentos. So no.
So your saying Mentos isn't experienced or good? From what I've seen Mentos can easily match Kevin. It's your problem whether you believe it or not. But be wary about your decision. If town kills me, Mafia won't have to go for me. If I'm not killed then you know something's up. Target me then. The odds occurred Ronike. If your basing it off of that, rethink that case.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok lets do it this way then.

Have our most suspicious person shoot Chaco.

At this point Chaco can't kill and WILL get killed tonight for his cop claim.

And if he can shoot, there ya go.

Who's with me if not I'm just going to shoot ronike.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
why would we shoot ronike? he's been posting a lot more content than most players

and why wouldn't we just let scum kill chaco tonight and get another cleared today?

cops should claim as soon as they get a guilty. bombs claim, cops with guilties can die, we choose who shoots the guilty results, and it becomes a game of vigs/gf shooting each other
there ya go ronike

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
well we get a cleared regardless. i meant if we don't shoot chaco then we force scum to nk him and stop them from hitting another cop

there are already people worth shooting other than chaco

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Nice, AtP.
Lmao. Okay let me rephrase: I still think your tactic was incredibly stupid, but you yourself are a lovely person.

But also notice, Tom, you said that it would be ill advised for them to point it out. Omni said he wasn't going to point it out. But then got very loud once Hando pointed it out.
I said I wasn't going to point it until I realized how obvious it was when I discovered it. Figuring that it would be just as obvious for the Mafia to see I was going to point it out only to see that Hando had already done it. I got "very loud" because if you were a Cop that would be a very, very bad move on your part.

My thoughts were mostly lined with Ronike's regarding you. You kept flip-flopping; you didn't acknowledge your mistake so I thought you were trying to hide it, but then you go and say you didn't get a guilty, but then you tell me right after you could be a Cop but maybe you're not, and then you say something else right afterwards that disclaims your previous statement.

That is why you have done nothing but simply confuse the **** out of me as I said earlier. Yet somehow you're still on my nutts as if you haven't done anything entirely too suspicious or entirely too stupid.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think you're dandy too! We should hit the drive-in sometime!

I did that flip flop thing to try to put it in the air that I could bit be the cop. Realizing it was pointless U abandoned it.

Omni

BRoomer
And if he can shoot, there ya go.
He can't shoot, Kevin. Hence the "Someone shoot Hando."

So now he's either Cop or Goon.

@Marshy: That's a stupid idea. You're working under the pretense that Chaco is truly a Cop. Why is that? As I said in earlier in the plan you called "stupid" there's a 60% chance that a person who can't shoot is Goon. Mac said in his previous post that outing a Cop is worth the risk in netting a Goon. Do you disagree?

@Florida and junglefever: Speak the **** up.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Personally, I think shooting Chaco today would be a waste of time. You see, there are two possibilities at this point, either he's cop, or he's mafia.

If he's cop, then Mafia will be sure to kill him tonight so he can't damage them with another investigation, whilst if he's mafia, then he'll be left alive. So, we shoot someone else today, and tomorrow, if he's still alive, then we ask him for his investigation result, but shoot him anyway. (Why ask? It's because if he actually IS cop, and mafia decides to leave him alive for unknown reasons, he can give us a usable result before he dies.)

What do you guys think?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
sorry i didnt read all the posts after someone suggest shooting him
but,
you can't shoot a cop claim.

wtf

just wait till tomorrow and if hes still alive then shoot him.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Two things:

1.) I've prodded jungle and he has yet to respond. I figured you guys were entitled to know that he isn't just lurking and actually hasn't been online or whatever. I'm hesitant to replace, but I may do so in a few days if he's still non-responsive.

2.) Macman, not sure what you meant in your one post about "frozen's argument about bombs claiming". I'm assuming you meant someone else?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
forgot to mention that jungle is apparently gone until wednesday

gonna flip flop and agree with nick's last post

confirmed/SHOULD NOT BE INVESTIGATED:
3.) Marshy
4.) Chaco
8.) Pythag
14.) Nicholas1024

unconfirmed:
1.) Tom (or evil pirate dude from hell)
2.) KevinM
5.) Omni
6.) Handorin
7.) Florida
10.) junglefever
11.) Macman
12.) Ronike
15.) Rockin
16.) Riddle

hmmm

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Not to kill your high but Nicholas could be scum with no cc.
Then why were you pushing for a bomb claim so hard? Before, you wanted two bombs to claim, but now you're having doubts? ><;;

I feel that if everyone (or a majority) has spoke in agreement about it then there would be no reason for bombs to not cc. That'd just be bad play from the bombs IMO because they wern't co-operative. If the bombs claimed without cc then they're legit. The only person we're waiting on for it to be official is Junglefever.

...I hate you all. I'm tempted to shoot you now Tom, but I'll hold off until I have more evidence. Until then, watch your step sir.

I'm not a bomb.
Ronike, you should really stop threatening like that. If you really feel you're gonna shoot then do it. Pointing out many times that you're gonna shoot doesn't help you or anyone (really, I don't support much of rage gun moment, but make sure to follow a legit reason why you're gonna shoot them >>)

anyways, haven't really been keeping up with this thread much. Can I shoot next? Or are we gonna have a suspicious person shoot the next person we agree to lynch. I personally think we should shoot ronike.
I feel if anything, we should let the bombs choose who should shoot. I mean, better them choosing then us really >>

No. I was being dead serious.

I'll admit it. I thought it was a smarter move to hide that there. I didn't think anyone would either highlight the whole page, or scrunch their nose up to the screen looking. However, your big frown on me speech. Is actually quite funny. Your the only one who has shown, over emotion. And I really do not see why, that you said ****ing ignore it, and then pumped out another sentence directly after that agging it on.
Because I wanted to move on from that moment and stop focusing on it. I didn't mean to litterally ignore it, but to move on discussion.

As aforementioned, Jungle hasn't posted yet. He could easily be a bomb. There could be a bomb who decided against stepping forward to CC a bit later to put them in a bad place. There are a few options that could happen. So I'm just saying don't mark him as clear until your sure.
Again, as I explained above, if they havn't been counter claimed, then they're legit. It's hard to find a good reason why town would no co-operate if majority feels they should claim.

As far as with Tom, I'm not sure what to think. First he wanted to those to claim bomb and then when they do, he seemes doubtful that Nic is the bomb. I'm starting to see why Ronike is so edgy with him, but I'm gonna have to see this further.

Riddle

Smash Lord
We need to get a majority opinion on who to shoot and then have the person who is the second most suspicious shoot him. I personally think Omni, Ronike, and PKOH are the most suspicious, so thats who my votes go to for shooter/shootee.

Sorry I haven't been very active. I can't oist that much in the evening.

Omni

BRoomer
We need to get a majority opinion on who to shoot and then have the person who is the second most suspicious shoot him. I personally think Omni, Ronike, and PKOH are the most suspicious, so thats who my votes go to for shooter/shootee.

Sorry I haven't been very active. I can't oist that much in the evening.
Yea'.

You're going to have to explain yourself much more thoroughly than that, Riddle. You don't get an easy pass to coast the game unnoticed just because you're inactive. You haven't contributed anything for town while I've been out here scumhunting even when the process puts suspicion on me simply because I talk the most.

The only thing anyone has on me is the whole Chaco debacle and my "bad idea". Only Marshy has an FoS on me and Chaco can't even vouch for himself.

@Riddle: Why am I the most suspicious? Why Ronike? Try to explain without piggybacking off anyone else's concept because so far it looks like that's exactly what you're doing.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yea'.

You're going to have to explain yourself much more thoroughly than that, Riddle. You don't get an easy pass to coast the game unnoticed just because you're inactive. You haven't contributed anything for town while I've been out here scumhunting even when the process puts suspicion on me simply because I talk the most.

I totally didn't plagiarize this...

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Ronike, you should really stop threatening like that. If you really feel you're gonna shoot then do it. Pointing out many times that you're gonna shoot doesn't help you or anyone

I feel if anything, we should let the bombs choose who should shoot. I mean, better them choosing then us really >>
some combination of hando, florida, and rockin shooting/being shot is my vote for now

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Then why were you pushing for a bomb claim so hard? Before, you wanted two bombs to claim, but now you're having doubts? ><;;

I feel that if everyone (or a majority) has spoke in agreement about it then there would be no reason for bombs to not cc. That'd just be bad play from the bombs IMO because they wern't co-operative. If the bombs claimed without cc then they're legit. The only person we're waiting on for it to be official is Junglefever.

As far as with Tom, I'm not sure what to think. First he wanted to those to claim bomb and then when they do, he seemes doubtful that Nic is the bomb. I'm starting to see why Ronike is so edgy with him, but I'm gonna have to see this further.
Pay attention Rock.

My plan: 2 bombs claim, no CC's completely confirmed.

Situation was: 1 bomb claimed, no way to possibly CC, unconfirmed.

Situation is now: 2 bombs claimed, no CC's completely confirmed with the exception of Junglefever who will be back Wednesday.

Do you understand now?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm sorry but I've missed the second bomb claim and I just reread twice. Can someone tell me who it was, sorry to be a nuisance on this.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Fine, here is my reasoning.

Omni/Hando: You pointed out that Chaco was breadcrumbing(if you can call it that) cop. Why would you do that? It is decidedly anti-town and made it very likely that we will lose one of our 2 cops which will hurt us quite a bit. Just because someone else has said the same thing does not make it an invalid argument.

Ronike: You seem very suspicious of PKOH and not of me at all even though we were arguing for the same thing. You failed to notice my buddying and focused just on PKOH.

PKOH: You pushed very hard for a bomb claim which I don't believe was a very good idea. (I have no idea why I didn't think it through I just followed you, because I am a sheep I guess) I just assumed he was right because he is obviously a very good player, but now I think he was wrong. (Appeal to authority ftl)

Riddle: Yeah I have been very scummy and buddyish I am actually surprised I haven't been FoS'd more for my scummy posting. Seriously I'll try to stop buddying.

Sorry guys for my scummy posting. If you kill me I'm going to feel really bad, because getting mislynched(or misdaykilled I guess) is bad townie play.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Pay attention Rock.

My plan: 2 bombs claim, no CC's completely confirmed.

Situation was: 1 bomb claimed, no way to possibly CC, unconfirmed.

Situation is now: 2 bombs claimed, no CC's completely confirmed with the exception of Junglefever who will be back Wednesday.

Do you understand now?
Yeah, I understand.

Omni

BRoomer
Omni/Hando: You pointed out that Chaco was breadcrumbing(if you can call it that) cop. Why would you do that? It is decidedly anti-town and made it very likely that we will lose one of our 2 cops which will hurt us quite a bit. Just because someone else has said the same thing does not make it an invalid argument.

Ronike: You seem very suspicious of PKOH and not of me at all even though we were arguing for the same thing. You failed to notice my buddying and focused just on PKOH.

PKOH: You pushed very hard for a bomb claim which I don't believe was a very good idea. (I have no idea why I didn't think it through I just followed you, because I am a sheep I guess) I just assumed he was right because he is obviously a very good player, but now I think he was wrong. (Appeal to authority ftl)

Riddle: Yeah I have been very scummy and buddyish I am actually surprised I haven't been FoS'd more for my scummy posting. Seriously I'll try to stop buddying.

Sorry guys for my scummy posting. If you kill me I'm going to feel really bad, because getting mislynched(or misdaykilled I guess) is bad townie play.

Save your apologies; it only makes you look worse and we never asked for them.

@Regarding Me/Hando: Have you really been keeping up with all the posts so far? Chaco's "breadcrumbing" was more like farting while standing in the bank line and blaming it on the old lady in front of him. At least half of the people who have been posted admits that they, too, noticed it but ignored it in an attempt to not bring it attention to the Mafia. Bringing it up only revealed Chaco confusing us further; whether he's playing stupid on purpose or not is still a mystery but the issue has led to us confirming a Goon/Cop (60% Goon) since we know he can't shoot. What Chaco did, in itself, would be very anti-town. What sense would it make to ignore if I was under the impression that the majority of the people had to see it?

Hando hasn't said anything about the situation since. However, I don't hold it against him since if he posted 5 minutes later I would have been the first to bring it up.

@Regarding Ronike: Tom also pushed the idea the hardest. At the time, even I didn't notice you buddying up to Tom's idea since I was simply under the impression it was a good idea.

@Regarding Tom: That whole post sounded like you were bashing yourself rather than Tom.

What should our next move be, Riddle?

Ronike

Smash Ace

Here, I can sum it up for you real easy. In fact, I'll let you do it:

Like you said, you are new, so I had no doubt you were just being shepherded by Tom. Its very common for a new player. Not that it entirely clears you, but, you didn't pursue it as hard as Tom did. So I went after Tom, knowing that if I cut down the big tree, the branches would come too.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's your problem whether you believe it or not.
No, in this game, really it's YOUR problem if you can't get people to believe you.
Ok, I read, and reread, and REreread this thread, because I got so **** confused.

If Chaco is town, he is pretty much the worst townie I've ever seen. Let's review
He breaks "rules"
deals shadily by tossing around statements like "somebody kill Hando"
flip flops on being cop
plus, his innocent got killed. (I guess that's more of an epic mafia tactic, but still!)

Seriously dude what are you doing?

Ronkie and PKOH...I hope you work out your issues, because I feel whenever I play a game it kinda dissolves into two discussions. The one with tom, and the one with everyone else. Not exactly bad, not exactly good...whatever.

I'll try to post when I have more thoughts on things.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Daykill: Florida

Two posts since the beginning, one intentionally misleading.

In otherwords.

Useless.

See you guys on D3.

Top Bottom