• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia! GAME OVER! MAFIA WINS!

Chaco

Never Logs In
No, in this game, really it's YOUR problem if you can't get people to believe you.
Ok, I read, and reread, and REreread this thread, because I got so **** confused.

If Chaco is town, he is pretty much the worst townie I've ever seen. Let's review
He breaks "rules"
deals shadily by tossing around statements like "somebody kill Hando"
flip flops on being cop
plus, his innocent got killed. (I guess that's more of an epic mafia tactic, but still!)

Seriously dude what are you doing?

Ronkie and PKOH...I hope you work out your issues, because I feel whenever I play a game it kinda dissolves into two discussions. The one with tom, and the one with everyone else. Not exactly bad, not exactly good...whatever.

I'll try to post when I have more thoughts on things.
Plan blew-up in my face and I tried to remain semi ambiguous. There was a reason for the flip flop, but if you insist on dragging it the **** out of me, fine. Ambiguity. After Hando voiced it, it became center-focal point at that time. I tried to throw out different things to confuse you. Guess what? It worked. But since you insist that I blurt out everything I had planned, fine.

Plus, notice how it was mentioned, suggested, told to be dropped numerous times? Well, apparently not. I hate having to spell myself out to people since they can't pick up on it themselves. Also, it's a rule on MS, not on here. You can't use that as a point if it doesn't carry here. But yeah, pretty much. I've either hinted at, and or answered already to what all you've said. And, I've never touched epic mafia. **** happens, make do with what you can when it does.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
chaco and other cops go investigate suspicious people. me, kevin, nick, and pythag are all cleared

glad florida's dying but annoyed that kevin did it. we should've forced someone else to do it

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Just a reminder to everyone, if Chaco's still alive tomorrow, let him post the results of his investigation before you shoot, just on the odd chance that he is a cop.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Macman, Townie, has been brutally murdered!

Upon his dead body, you find a blood stained envelope. The font of it reads "FOR THE MAYOR". You open it and find the following letter

Dear Mayor of the Town,

Good morning. We are writing on behalf of Godfather Handorin of the Baddest Idea Mafia. We would like to thank you for your cooperation as we take over your Town. As you may have realized, your police force is completely helpless to stop our takeover because they don’t have guns. The number of citizens in your Town who did possess weapons has now dropped below the number of members in our organization. It is now impossible for you to win, and you have two choices: you can resign as mayor and leave the Town forever and never ever look back, or you can refuse to resign and die in the same manner that everyone else in this Town will die. Or, we could strap a bomb to you.

If you value your life and recognize defeat, you should immediately resign from office and leave. And when you leave, please remember to leave through the main road, so that you can see the new flag that we have raised over your police office that now reads “BADDEST Idea Mafia.”

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Signed,

Omni, Pirate King of Hell, and Pythag on behalf of Godfather Handorin

The village is lost. Your arms can no longer save you. The MAFIA has won the game, and successfully overtaken the town.

Congratulations to Hanorin, Omni, Tom, and Pythag on their victory, and thank you all for playing!

This game has been endgamed, considering that even if the town shoots Handorin, the most optimal play at this point, the mafia will still be able to nightkill all of the town players with killing potential before they can eliminate the remaining mafia, even if said town player were to hit the mark every day from here on out.

Here's the power role/night action info:
Mafia:

Hando (GF)
Tom
Omni
Pythag

Town:
Junglefever (Bomb)
Nicolas (Bomb)
Riddle (Cop)
Chaco (Cop)

Game Notes:

Night 1 Actions

- Chaco investigates mentosman8 and is given the Town result.
- Riddle investigates KevinM and is given the Town result.
- The mafia kills Mentosman8.

Night 2 Actions

- Chaco investigates Ronike and is given the Town result.
- Riddle investigates Rockin and is given the Town result.
- The mafia kills Marshy.

Night 3 Actions

- Chaco invetsigates Tom and is given Mafia result.
- The mafia kills Macman.

/endgame
More comments to follow.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Told you to ****in shoot Hando...

Knew Pythag was scum, and thought Ronine might be. I investigated Tom to late.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
can't believe people actually wanted to kill ronike. he was like, mvp material

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I can't believe it's not butter.

GG's. Comments on the game later.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yay Mafia! Thank you so much for including my letter, Frozenflame. :3

Told you to ****in shoot Hando...

Knew Pythag was scum, and thought Ronine might be. I investigated Tom to late.
@Chaco, No. Don't even.

@Ronike, if I had remembered pre-game how sick of an attack you have I would have begged for Handorin to kill you instead of Mentosman. Holy hell. Day 2 I was absolutely convinced that I was a dead man. So much that I cried to Omni. More than once. When KevinM killed Florida, Day 2 turned from my worst nightmare to a miracle. IMO Town MVP, I'm sorry your clear scumhunting didn't see its course but I'm happy that I won.

@Riddle: Had NO idea you were other Cop. Was absolutely convinced it was Ronike or Macman (I was the only one in the mafia who thought it was Macman, though, I think). Great job blending in.

@Pythag: :] congratulations bud you did good

@Omni: dude its ok we won we can stop scheming and calculating endgame statistics now LOL

@Handorin: Rule #1

Frozenflame thank you very much for bringing this to SWF. You are a great mod.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol, you'll excuse it in any fashion. But pointing out a coptell, no matter how bad...

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright so, I hope you all had fun playing SWF's first iteration of Bad Idea Mafia, one of what I hope are many to come!

Right off the bat, I'm going to openly admit that I made a big mistake adding the 3rd goon to the setup. I knew the setup would be challenging, but I thought the town would be able to rise to it and atleast sink a mafia within the first 2 days. Unfortunately, a quick draw kill and (IMO) a poor decision to kill an inactive on a whim put the town in a VERY bad position. I felt the there was PLENTY of discussion D2 for the game to be beyond shooting someone who was less active than anyone else. I'm sorry Kev, but you're a better player than that, and IMO that was NOT a very good decision.

Again though, perhaps it was just the fact that people didn't realize just how fragile the setup was, and again I must reiterate that my entire goal in hosting this was to test the setup to find out how and where the setup can be abused. I'm fairly satisfied with most of my checks and balances, but I now know that a few numbers need to be tweaked and I'm even considering modifying the explosion effect of (and perhaps the number of) bombs in this game.

As far as other specifics about the game go, I wanted to say I was VERY surprised how hesitant people were to act when they seemed CERTAIN to have found scum. Ronike and Marshy both had multiple mafia in their sights on multiple occasions throughout Day 2. There was PLENTY of discussion and evidence to support a legitimate daykilling of any of them, yet you both hesitated to pull the trigger. I was just discussing this with Marshy on AIM, and I told him that I don't really understand how you guys can dig tooth and nail for votes and push so hard for people's lynches over scumtells FAR less severe in normal mafia games, yet you more or less pussied out in this game when you had PLENTY going for you, and had the power to act on your suspicions.

Admittedly, as I've said, this setup did favor the mafia a bit much. It basically didn't allow for killing on a whim and wasting days on random shooting, or shooting inactives. A more patient town was required to be successful here, but also a town that was willing to shoot who they actually found suspicious, not just those who were an after thought. I also feel like this game could have changed SIGNIFICANTLY if people had waited until today for jungle to get back. Since he was a bomb, he logically would have CC'd Pythag and Nic. Had the town hit Pythag D2 as a result of the ensuing debate, this game would be MUCH more winnable for the town.

Anyway, I hope we all can take something out of this game. I know I sure did, and I know that Marshy plans to host a setup of it that we both agree is much better than what I did here. I would highly suggest you all look into it, it should be a much better game. As always, feel free to comment on/criticize the game, my modding, or any other game related topics in here. I'm interested in all of your feedback. =)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
This game actually would have dragged out longer. We were going to originally kill Chaco after Kevin shot Florida. Then Tom and I had a 30-minute mathematical revelation that we quickly gathered that showed us that the game was ours. The only way Town could stay alive is if Florida flipped Bomb and killed Chaco since we thought he would investigate either me, Hando, or Tom. Here's a small script:

4:13:27 PM Tom: ok lets say hando shoots kevin making it 4
4:13:33 PM Tom: then we kill at night?
4:13:35 PM Tom: and hope we get one
4:13:37 PM Tom: if we get one we win
4:13:45 PM Tom: but at that point
4:13:49 PM Omni: no... dude
4:13:53 PM Omni: i think
4:13:59 PM Tom: i think this game is over....
4:13:59 PM Omni: it's over if we look at everything

Gtfo @ coming to the same conclusion at the exact same time. I'll post our entire chat that ended the game if you guys want to see it.

Handorin

Smash Hero
My goons did all the work while I was out doing legit buisness.

I swear I tl;dr most of the thread.

Even the PMs they kept sending
One PM:
TL;DR

You're a ******, read all the strategy. <3

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
uhhh.hi

i was traveling
get ***** jungle

realy sorry guys :(

i usually am really active but i thought i'd have alot more internet access then i did.

Ronike

Smash Ace
First game ever I don't feel bad about losing. I feel **** good. At any rate, mafia is just lucky I was at the movies tonite, otherwise I would have sat at home refreshing until day and insta killed Tom. If Tom wasn't mafia, I figured we were screwed anyways, as he was for sure gonna get killed. I figured mafia would shoot for the insta kill, as doing that would win the game for them.

@Tom: I would have cried if you had killed me night 1... Especially after being gone for so long... But I have to know, when I called you out for missing nick's post, had you really missed it? Oh and btw, flattery will get you nowhere...

At any rate, jungle, I hate you for being inactive.

One last final note, I would love to hold another BI mafia in the future. This was hella fun.

On the really last final note, I invite all of you to watch my Test Subject Mafia once it starts. But not join. Cause I'm mean like that.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Good games guys.

I really blew that one I take full responsibility for town loss, but with the inactivity of the majority of those players and Tom being the only other person I had any scumtell on I went with trying to clear a coaster.

The only problem I have with this setup FF is exactly that... Coasting just seems to powerful if the game can be won that fast.

Sure I made a mistake but the coasting thing is still irritating me.

Seriously SWF ****ing play the mafia games you join.

Also GGs to all.

Ronike I never see this because we butt heads even though I truly do like you but great ****ing job man.

Town MVP for sure.

And I did have fun but inactivity is really starting to kill my love for this game.

Riddle

Smash Lord
More People should listen to me. I got Tom, Hando, and Omni in my most suspicious list. (and Ronike but lets overlook that) I investigated omni n3 too. I just tried my best to blend in that game and hoped every1 else would do what I was thinking, because if I had pushed for a daykill too hard it would have been obvious I couldn't shoot.

Junglefever. Seriously? Why did you have to get bomb and why couldn't you be there to cc?

PKOH. GJ getting the bombs to claim seriously that helped you a lot.

Ronike, MVP? Great townie.

Omni, Hando, and Pythag, great job you won like the fastest you could have possibly won. I had both Omni and Hando as scum but still.

Chaco. wtf? why would you be that obvious.

Other townies. Better luck next time I guess.

FF. Wtf why would you go back on your cop role description and not let me use my special abilities. (rotfl)

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
this game really kinda worked out perfectly for the maf.
Quick draws plus, the inactive bomb, I mean how lucky do you get?
I was pretty much clear instead of being cc'd.

@Chaco, No. Don't even.
that sums up what I have to say as well.

Good game ya'll. Thanks Frozenflame!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
quickdraw doesn't have anything to do with luck, just bad play by the town. However, having an inactive bomb was a bit helpful.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Don't hate me :(

I seriously didn't even know my role till Monday

I really didn't foresee 1) not having any internet access at all and 2) the game moving THAT fast.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Tom: I would have cried if you had killed me night 1... Especially after being gone for so long... But I have to know, when I called you out for missing nick's post, had you really missed it? Oh and btw, flattery will get you nowhere...
I had missed it and Omni pointed it out to me. You were dead on.

And flattery gets me everywhere I go.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Question for the mafia:

Would you guys like me to send you the logs of your convos and/or post them all here in the thread?

Thanks for sending 'em BTW. I never asked for 'em but they were fun to read. ^_^

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you want the logs immediately Hando, I'll PM 'em to you since they were all originally sent to you anyway.

Or you can wait for me to post 'em in the thread, which I'll do if and when I get the consent of the entire mafia. =)

Top Bottom