• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Seph, we don't need stability with a vote count. Almost everyone has a gun and that's what gives this game stability though it is fragile and hard to regain once upset. Show me where I claimed I'll be playing lazy this game. You can't because I didn't Why are you lying so soon? And hey if this game doesn't have a vote count we don't need one. People with more experience than us couldn't do it and don't bring in your appeal to experience fallacy or w/e because it means nothing to me. This is a game of convincing people and you don't always have to do it logically. No, Seph. It has always been circular. We're argueing about mechanics your opinion can't be wrong and neither can mine. We are just going to be saying the same things over and over again. That's why I told you to drop it.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Will you be planing on being lazy scum hunting later in the game too? If your too lazy to do this, how do we know you won't be lazy about other things?
Love how you dodge the questions btw.

Ok let's go through this then.

1. Townies are lazy. I'm just going to cite myself in NBC and oh guess what you too from NBC.
1. What were you implying when you said this, if not that you were going to be lazy?

2. If not that you weren't implying you're lazy, then what was the point of citing yourself?

People with more experience than us couldn't do it and don't bring in your appeal to experience fallacy or w/e because it means nothing to me. This is a game of convincing people and you don't always have to do it logically.
Are you refusing to listen to logic? If not, then what will you listen to?

If I were to say "Kuz is scum, someone shoot him. And no I have no reason for this at all." Would that be ok in your books?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Seph, I SAID IN NBC I WAS LAZY /caps for emphasis. It was an example of townies being lazy. Do you not understand that? How does that mean I'm going to be lazy here? It doesn't. Those questions are worthless to me. Does it help you scum hunt? Do you think you could determine my alignment if I answered them? Because they are simples yes or no answers. Plus you should be able to infer my answers to those questions anyways. You're basically asking me if I plan on playing this game which would be YES because that's why I accepted this private invitation.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Also, stop bringing up the mechanics. I'm just going to ignore you if you do. It's not going to help us any. You already know my opinion and I already know yours.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Bleh, actually making me do work Gova.

Okay, so I looked back at the post where Seph voted (his 72), and based off of what I read in that post it did not seem that he voted Kuz for simply disagreeing with him. So I do not see reasoning why I should of went after him.

Hey Gova, just throwing some ideas out there, but how would you like a system where everyone votes to show there stances, but no one actually keeps a vote count? There will be no hammering, nor would there be any gathering of the vote counts?

Also Gova

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

HOW YOU EVER EXPECT TO GET BETTER THAN THOSE BETTER THAN YOU IF YOU'RE GOING TO PUT YOURSELF DOWN LIKE THAT? WHO CARES WHAT THOSE LOUSY VETS DO, WE CAN SURPASS THEM ANY DAY, ANYTIME WE WANT, SON!!

Luxor

Smash Champion
Ryker, am I really scum just for pushing what I think could have been a good idea?

July, I see you on. What's your take on what's happening?

July

Smash Apprentice
This Seph/Gova conversation caught my attention, although admittedly because most of the dialog between Seph and Gova has just been going in circles. However,

Seph: I also dislike Gova's argument that we can't make votes work because the vets can't, however this:

This is the worst reasoning I've ever heard. I mean, it's so bad it almost destroys your entire argument. Anyone can do something if they put forth enough initiative. This is a proven fact.
Is an exaggeration. That one point doesn't nullify the rest of Gova's argument, and I get this feeling you are really trying to tear down Gova's entire argument when that's not going to do any good. I highly doubt that doing so would make Gova agree to a voting system. I'm sure it won't make Delvro, Kuz, and Ryker all change their minds about the system and re-instill confidence in Luxor, so there is no use fixating on it.

Seph, we don't need stability with a vote count. Almost everyone has a gun and that's what gives this game stability though it is fragile and hard to regain once upset. Show me where I claimed I'll be playing lazy this game. You can't because I didn't Why are you lying so soon? And hey if this game doesn't have a vote count we don't need one. People with more experience than us couldn't do it and don't bring in your appeal to experience fallacy or w/e because it means nothing to me. This is a game of convincing people and you don't always have to do it logically. No, Seph. It has always been circular. We're argueing about mechanics your opinion can't be wrong and neither can mine. We are just going to be saying the same things over and over again. That's why I told you to drop it.
The bolded part I disagree with, this set-up seems inherently instable, because we almost all have guns regardless of if there are rules and voting systems in place or not, and anyone with a gun has the ability to act out of impulse and throw the game into chaos. In all honesty there's not much we can do about it anyways.

@Seph, I feel like you've been keeping this conversation between you and Gova going on for awhile. Do you consider this conversation scum-hunting? Do you find Gova scummy?

Also, I was unclear about Zen's 144 but BSL already asked a question about the 100% town part. Still confused by the basketball game part though, so Zen, if you could explain what you mean by that (I'm also not sure if it's addressed strictly to Ryker, or to town), that would be good too.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Wait, gova, why is what I said WIFOM? I'm understand your point, in fact I agree with it somewhat, I just dont see the wifom.
gova, gova, gova, gova, gova, gova, gova, gova, gova, gova, gova, gova, gova, gova, gova, gova

answer this please.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
All caught up ^_^. Kuz, Gova, and Delvro are all ******** (and now Ryker, but I expected as much from him). Kuz is playing just aweful. Probably scum. Kuz you say you want scummies to shoot scummies, but how the hell would we determine who the scummies are without some sort of votecount!!!?? Everyone's opinion differs so we need to take vote counts to determine who the majority want to shoot and be shot. Your wanting scummies to shoot scummies is contradictory to not wanting a vote count.

Gova, the vote count didn't work in BIM3 because it was a horrible town. So far this game looks like it will have a decent amount of activity. BIM3 are so called experienced players, but they sucked hard core because of this arrogance. It's players like you that prevent town from progressing as you simply create dishormony. You're preventing a system from possibly succeeding before it is even tried out with this group. Your refute of the vote system is so anti-town, it's ridiculous.

Here is what we are doing:

-We vote for who we want lynched. Seph, Lux, and July will take care of the vote count.
-Once majority is reached at any time, we will then proceed to the second vote count of who we want to be shooter. Again, Seph, Luxor, and July will be keeping track.

SO LONG AS WE STICK TO IT WE WILL WIN. The problem past BIMs have had is that everyone is so caught up in the power that THEY themselves have and thus fail to work as a group authority. I came into this game so so so tempted to shoot Gova because of how obv scum he is. But no matter how much I think he is scum, doing so would illogical. Going against the group reduces the chances of winning so much even when you do have a sure read. If you have that much certainty, then you should be able to convince others as well. Shooting on your own would just be illogical when we could get someone scummy to do it.

Now as for the problem of the chosen target shooting against town's will: we absolutely quickshoot them the next day. As I said before, establishing an absolute town authority is necessary for ensuring we win this. SOMEONE (who is chosen as the lynch) GOING AGAINST THE TOWNS WILL AND SHOOTING SOMEONE ELSE WOULD CAUSE MORE DAMAGE THAN ACCEPTING BEING LYNCH. Doing so would not only potentially cause a mislynch seperate from yours, but it would also cause result in your quicklynch the following day. Thus if you are town you would be causing 2 myslynches and a loss of a day. Anyone who would do this is just out right playing against their wincon and a bad mafia player who should be blacklisted. Not even joking. The goal is for town to win. If you are town and the majority set's you as the lynch, your mislynch would be more beneficial to town overall than you shooting someone else which would just hurt town. I hope everyone gets what I'm saying with this. We need to establish it as absolute law that quickshooters WILL be quickshot the next day. It's been the mistake of the past 3 BIMs of assuming that establishing such a rule is more devistation to town. It is not. It eliminates quickshooting as a whole so long as our threats our not empty. Yes it's more likely that a quickshooter is town than godfather, but establishing this rule will stabalize town and provide an effective environment for the vote system. We may still get a ******** stray who feels the need to be rebellious. In that event then oh well they stupid as hell and **** us up. We could still recover though and at least they die.

We need this rule though. If we establish an organized rule, we are putting ourselves in a way better position than the past 3 BIMs. They failed to realize their fault. We can make a difference.
The vote system will work. Kuz will join and Delvro may join
(depending on his alignment). Thus Gova and Ryker will be the only one's not voting. We can simply get their stances indavidually. Same if Kuz and Delvro do not join in.

With the established rule of shooting whoever goes against the majority, we can keep this system stable. Those who do not vote or contribute reason simply are throwing away their influence they have on that majority.

Seph, July, Me, Swords, Luxor, Summoner, bsl, and Clown are all for this, yes? If there are no disagreements, it will be assumbed so, and this will be taken into effect starting asap n_n.
Confirming.

Votes are stupid. Dayklling people on a whim...? Liberating!
Liberating but stupid. Play the game right.
Vote counts are a terrible idea.
Try it for today. There is absolutely no reason not to.
Vote counts are dumb. I'm too lazy to repost the vote list every time I vote and I'd rather just shoot someone dead. Why can't we just say no shots until at most 2 days before deadline?

IMO, mafia love to excessively calculate crap about the setup when it's open. It's easy because all the information is out there and they can talk extensively about it without risk of lying. I did it extensively in TWEWY.

Pretty much all of you are doing it, so all of your are scummy and need to die. Except maybe Sworddancer.

K thanks bye!
Why the exception of Sworddancer?
All it takes it three people for the system to not work.

"But Kuz, then we can just quickshoot the three people who are not cooperating"

Three townie deaths equal an endgame if we're all town. Not saying that me gova and delvro are all town though, just saying the mechanics behind it are thus. Or maybe I am saying they are all town. Yeah, probably that.

Scummies shooting scummies is an amazing strategy. If we know someone is obvtown and he shoots, then we just learn he is more obvtown while finding out the alignment of the other person who died. If a scummy shoots a scummy, we find out both of their alignement more or less (as the shooter either shoots, or claims a pr; or is the scum gf is we are unlucky.)

Anyone else notice swords using the same fake analysis over and over again? And Gova actually phrased in quite nicely (I was suprised). Quickshooting is not scummy, as it gives you like a 8:1 ratio that you're town, but its anti-town in that fact that it messes up games.
Why were you suprised?
oh, right... didnt think it through that much, lol
Did he really change your view that easily??? What specificalky changed your mind frame?
Aww yeeeaahhh, playin mafia with vox again? Woot woot!!

Did he confirm for this game despite his V/LA? or are you letting confirmation stage pass without his b/c of his V/LA?
^lol Vocals scumbuddy.
Zen, are you Mafia Godfather agian?

:awesome:
No, I thought I'd let you give it a try n_n.
Willing to see Luxor/Sworddancer shot.
Will you be the shooter n_n? I really want you to be the shooter. Also you didn't answer me about basketball =D.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@BSL, it's not actually, I just got caught up in the heat of the moment and I thought it was.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
My thoughts.

Scum: Gova, Kuz, July
Town: SEPH (Obv to the max)

Vote: Gova

Seph, Luxor, and July, please do your best to keep up with the vote counts ^_^. I'd help but I'm mostly using the wii and it's difficult enough to type as it is.

July

Smash Apprentice
Ryker, am I really scum just for pushing what I think could have been a good idea?

July, I see you on. What's your take on what's happening?
Not really concerned with who agrees/disagrees with voting, we're all going to do what we want in terms of expressing our stances anyways and arguing over it isn't going to help scum-hunting; not sure what to think about Zen yet, waiting on his answers to questions; Ryker is the first person who has been really straightforward about their scum picks, although he did so without reasoning; want to see more Summoner, who made a post with substance at first but nothing really since.

@Summoner, has your opinion of Swords changed from your first post?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Now as for the problem of the chosen target shooting against town's will: we absolutely quickshoot them the next day. As I said before, establishing an absolute town authority is necessary for ensuring we win this. SOMEONE (who is chosen as the lynch) GOING AGAINST THE TOWNS WILL AND SHOOTING SOMEONE ELSE WOULD CAUSE MORE DAMAGE THAN ACCEPTING BEING LYNCH. Doing so would not only potentially cause a mislynch seperate from yours, but it would also cause result in your quicklynch the following day. Thus if you are town you would be causing 2 myslynches and a loss of a day. Anyone who would do this is just out right playing against their wincon and a bad mafia player who should be blacklisted. Not even joking. The goal is for town to win. If you are town and the majority set's you as the lynch, your mislynch would be more beneficial to town overall than you shooting someone else which would just hurt town. I hope everyone gets what I'm saying with this. We need to establish it as absolute law that quickshooters WILL be quickshot the next day. It's been the mistake of the past 3 BIMs of assuming that establishing such a rule is more devistation to town. It is not. It eliminates quickshooting as a whole so long as our threats our not empty. Yes it's more likely that a quickshooter is town than godfather, but establishing this rule will stabalize town and provide an effective environment for the vote system. We may still get a ******** stray who feels the need to be rebellious. In that event then oh well they stupid as hell and **** us up. We could still recover though and at least they die.
:bee:

Did he really change your view that easily??? What specificalky changed your mind frame?
yes. i didnt think of the reasoning behind the shot when i thought about whether or not they would be town.

We aren't. I was just kidding :)
ok, cool, just making sure.

@BSL, it's not actually, I just got caught up in the heat of the moment and I thought it was.
ok, cool, just making sure.

July

Smash Apprentice
Here is what we are doing:

-We vote for who we want lynched. Seph, Lux, and July will take care of the vote count.
-Once majority is reached at any time, we will then proceed to the second vote count of who we want to be shooter. Again, Seph, Luxor, and July will be keeping track.
Kk I agree with this, and as long as we follow this:

Which is the biggest concern I had about the voting system, the plan of voting for lynch target then the shooter should work out well.

Also, are we starting the vote count from scratch or working with votes from before the Day started as well?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
FYI, **** you guys. I'll quickshoot my scumspect if you try and shoot Gova or Kuz with what you have so far.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Zen is fishing for them townie points really hard.

This game doesn't have absolute authority for a reason. If I have the power to stop a mislynch, I'm utilizing it. Tbqh, I'm MUCH more confident in my ability to scumhunt than in anyone else in this game.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
arrogance. that's why BIM3 isnt working out. assuming what has been said isnt a lie, that is. i havent actually read BIM3.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I'm still going to be 'voting' people to show exactly where my suspicions lie. If people are saying we don't need votes to pressure people, then let's get to the pressuring and stop talking about how we're going to pressure.

Gova, I like how you want to put a stop to to the mechanics talk, but I haven't read much about who you find suspicious. Is there anyone you find suspicious at this point in time? What's your read on Seph?

July, what do you think of Luxor and Sworddancer?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
lol Ryker I'd love to see you catch scum :)

If you know how to play mafia, then you should be able to convince us who is scum logically. Otherwise you're all talk.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Omg Zen, did you REALLY just give free license to quick shoot for someone being a hero? That's ********.

Hey town, if you decide to shoot me and I then shoot Gova (for example, not a scumpick) and he flips mafia, are you gonna quick shoot me to "establish authority?" I'll state right here that I'll scum hunt better than any of you and will act on that assumption. Even if I hit town, are you going to quickshoot me and end the phase? That's like saying since I lead a wagon on a townie, I should be immediately bandwagoned and lynched without discussion.

Scum Team ATM:

Zen
Luxor
Sworddancer

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
We can start a new.

Ryker, you plan on answering me?
Possibly, I'm still looking back at what you're saying and I'm in a MvC3 lobby, let me find the question.

Also, did you ever answer my question as to whether or not we've ever played each other?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
lol Ryker I'd love to see you catch scum :)

If you know how to play mafia, then you should be able to convince us who is scum logically. Otherwise you're all talk.
Obviously. I'm not going to be a hero unless you force me to. I fully expect that either town listens to reason and shoots who I say to or town loses the game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
So far, so fail.

What license? I said catch scum, nothing about shooting. Meaning catch scum and convince the rest of us.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Will you be the shooter n_n? I really want you to be the shooter. Also you didn't answer me about basketball =D.
Not if I can avoid it. I want my CD up in case I need it.

I did answer you about basketball, btw, and consider me Shaq in a kid's league.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Haha get off that MvC. I don't understand what you're trying to say. What attack on credibility? That you're all talk? I've seriously have yet to see good play from you.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
That's like saying since I lead a wagon on a townie, I should be immediately bandwagoned and lynched without discussion.
not quite. when you lead a wagon, the entire town can either go with it or go against it. if you quickshoot, you took in no outside advice.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Fine I'll drop talking about the vote count, but I still want an answer to this.

Are you refusing to listen to logic? If not, then what will you listen to?

If I were to say "Kuz is scum, someone shoot him. And no I have no reason for this at all." Would that be ok in your books?
People with more experience than us couldn't do it and don't bring in your appeal to experience fallacy or w/e because it means nothing to me. This is a game of convincing people and you don't always have to do it logically.
Logic is what defines this game. It's what makes this game what it is. If everyone stopped listening to logic, who would that help more? Town or Scum?

Seph: I also dislike Gova's argument that we can't make votes work because the vets can't, however this:

Is an exaggeration. That one point doesn't nullify the rest of Gova's argument, and I get this feeling you are really trying to tear down Gova's entire argument when that's not going to do any good. I highly doubt that doing so would make Gova agree to a voting system. I'm sure it won't make Delvro, Kuz, and Ryker all change their minds about the system and re-instill confidence in Luxor, so there is no use fixating on it.
Yes it is an exaggeration, but it's purpose was to explain how wrong he is on that part of the argument. It's because that part holds no logic at all and is a fallacy. It's really idiotic and makes the rest of his argument look bad when adding this to it.

@Seph, I feel like you've been keeping this conversation between you and Gova going on for awhile. Do you consider this conversation scum-hunting? Do you find Gova scummy?
At first it was just a debate over if the system would work or not and if we should implement it. Then he started saying things like he'll refuse to listen to logic. And that's when I started scum hunting.

-------------------------------

OMG!!

Thank you Zen for replacing into this game. I agree to posting the vote count in my posts.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I've seriously have yet to see good play from you.
My feelings, they hurt.

Hey July, what would you do if I shot Zen right now and he flipped town cop? We'll say that Seph dies in the night phase and flips VTown. You log in and no one has posted since night ended. What would you do?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hey town, if you decide to shoot me and I then shoot Gova (for example, not a scumpick) and he flips mafia, are you gonna quick shoot me to "establish authority?" I'll state right here that I'll scum hunt better than any of you and will act on that assumption. Even if I hit town, are you going to quickshoot me and end the phase? That's like saying since I lead a wagon on a townie, I should be immediately bandwagoned and lynched without discussion.
It's just as easy for scum to shoot scum as it is for them to buss eachother in a real game. If you shoot scum, it's a null tell and you should know this.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
not quite. when you lead a wagon, the entire town can either go with it or go against it. if you quickshoot, you took in no outside advice.
Pretend that Gova was supposed to shoot Kuz. Those were the two you guys thought were scummiest. I say I didn't think Kuz was scum and I shot Gova. It's someone the town has expressed they don't like. What then?

Top Bottom