• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh okay.

So you were just talking about mistakes made in this game in general then?
Yes, really horrible mistakes.

Lux is first.

RR is a close second, especially since it meant that mafia couldn't quickshoot to endgame, which meant town actually head time to consider in the final day. That mistake should've cost his faction the win, but town made too many mistakes of it's own.

Which reminds me, quickshot on the final day, another awesomely horrible townie mistake.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Summoner's shot was not a horrible mistake in any way. There were three people unclear, he was one of them and set-up said there was two scum left. The chances that the cop was lying about a clear still was so low its hardly worth considering

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Summoner's shot was not a horrible mistake in any way. There were three people unclear, he was one of them and set-up said there was two scum left. The chances that the cop was lying about a clear still was so low its hardly worth considering
Shooting prior to any discussion when you HAVE time is always a mistake, you lose nothing by it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
True. I remember such a thing happening in my newb mafia. ;o Not a shooting, but a quick alfa mama strike.

Although there was the reliance on the cop, who didn't even CC, so he let the fake cop clear scum and... bam. : [

Two lessons learned from all this.

ONE, don't lie as town/cop.
TWO, CC SCUM.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
True. I remember such a thing happening in my newb mafia. ;o Not a shooting, but a quick alfa mama strike.

Although there was the reliance on the cop, who didn't even CC, so he let the fake cop clear scum and... bam. : [

Two lessons learned from all this.

ONE, don't lie as town/cop.
TWO, CC SCUM.
Why would you assume there's a cop in the game anyway?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Summoner's shot really wasn't that bad of a mistake. Perhaps it was a small mistake, but definitely not "horrible." I was prepared to do the same exact thing that he did.

Shooting prior to any discussion when you HAVE time is always a mistake, you lose nothing by it.
Let's be realistic here. What would of anymore discussion given town? At that point, there was almost no possible way town was going to come to some epiphany just because they had more discussion. The ultimate outcome that more discussion would of had at that point would of been everyone agreeing that two of me, Summoner, and Luxor were scum and the other one town. In other words, what town already thought at that point.

Yes, we wouldn't of lost anything from more disscussion, but it was extremly unlikely we would of gainned anything from it either. More discussion would of just unnecessarily dragged out an already lost game for town.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I was prepared to fakeclaim a guilty on Luxor, bur he was already shot before I posted.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Open setup?
Ah, cool. In a closed setup though, it's just stupid to make the assumption that there's a cop. Gotta look at the setup as a whole and figure out whether there would be one.

Summoner's shot really wasn't that bad of a mistake. Perhaps it was a small mistake, but definitely not "horrible." I was prepared to do the same exact thing that he did.
Ok, fair enough.

Let's be realistic here. What would of anymore discussion given town? At that point, there was almost no possible way town was going to come to some epiphany just because they had more discussion. The ultimate outcome that more discussion would of had at that point would of been everyone agreeing that two of me, Summoner, and Luxor were scum and the other one town. In other words, what town already thought at that point.

Yes, we wouldn't of lost anything from more disscussion, but it was extremly unlikely we would of gainned anything from it either. More discussion would of just unnecessarily dragged out an already lost game for town.
Lux could finally have CC'd?

Again it's very difficult to discuss what could've happened now that it's gone, but there was no scum that was capable of shooting, so why not wait? You never know what can come up the in the end. I always advocate giving everyone at the very least the time to speak cause quite simply town never loses anything for doing it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
RR shooting the claimed town bomb was dumb even though he was the godfather, was he trying to lose scum the game there?
Look at the discussion prior to me shooting, town pretty much decided to shoot me at that point.

Gheb said it wasn't a bad idea per say, but really I felt like I was out of options and someone was gonna quick shoot either way day before lylo so I couldn't.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Look at the discussion prior to me shooting, town pretty much decided to shoot me at that point.

Gheb said it wasn't a bad idea per say, but really I felt like I was out of options and someone was gonna quick shoot either way day before lylo so I couldn't.
Shoot a townie who looked suspicious so you'd get a semi-clear.

July

Smash Apprentice
Alright Shoutouts:

@Zen: You were really townie and you could have definitely been a great asset later in the game. Unfortunately you were the first victim of the mafia before we knew their plan :( anyways, always good to play with ya

@Gova: Didn't get to see much of your play, hopefully I'll get to play another game with you : )

@Kuz: I admittedly suspected you, but I suspected Vocal a whole lot more and you were starting to give me a town vibe and were being more active right before you got shot. You were kinda scummy but still had we left you live and figured out you were town, you could have definitely been an asset for us.

@Ran: The Kuz shot definitely made me sad because I wanted to find out about Vocal and that was the second time we broke the "scummy people shoot scummy people rule". But that did not kill my motivation for the game, and you know I'm always glad to play with you and I did have fun in this game :3

@Ryker: Very obvious town, definitely helped town as much as you could. Would have been a completely different game if you had a gun.

@Clown: One day...we will be in a game together and not get screwed over by cop claims. I really like your play style and it was good to play with you again!

@Vocal: I still can't believe you go to Penn! Awesome discovery ftw. Sorry about pushing you so hard to shoot but you were deff my top scum pick and I just wanted to get that suspicion out of the way.

@BSL: Granted a lot of your survivability came from Luxor just not counterclaiming you, you were very calm and deliberate and that made it easy to believe you were cop despite the fact that you didn't die at night >< good game and good job on the win!

@Luxor: Just...why didn't you counterclaim??

@Red Ryu: You keep saying you played badly and such but you came into a bad place and did what you really had to do because you would have been shot that Day. Your play was brief but set up scum for the win so you did a good job imo.

@Summoner: You were really hard to get a read on, I was leaning town on you Day 1 after asking you a ton of questions but I lost that read by Day 3. However, your move at the end was justified and a very townie move, and even if we had time to talk, and even if Luxor cc'ed, I don't anyone would have believed Luxor and the outcome would have been about the same.

@Gheb: Yeah I thought Delvro seemed town and you replacing in only increased that vibe. And I definitely thought you could shoot. Just extremely well played and great game, Gheb for MVP :D

@Swords: Especially coming right off of Rusty Guillotine, your play here seemed very townie to me and I think you played really well. Sorry you didn't get to use your clint eastwood picture ;-; still good job and solid townie play.

@X1: Thank you so much for modding this game, it was definitely a lot of fun and a great experience! : D

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Thanks, haha.

If questioning got too intense I was thinking about throwing in a whole hunch of WIFOM out by bringing up how endgame would come faster with me still alive, or something silly. I don't really know. Luckily towards the end, quickshots started happening and there was no discussion.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
RR shooting was the right call. No way he would've survived that day - cutting off discussion while killing two townies while the two remaining scumbags were considered clear was the right play. Only a fool would think that shooting a suspicious town player would get him anywhere near "semi-cleared" status. We were aware of the consequences and realized that the reward would be worth it. If you argue otherwise you're proving yourself unable to look at the bigger picture.

:059:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
that also gave us a suspicious townie to stay alive for the following day.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok, wasn't as big a mistake as I made it out to be in reread, HOWEVER, I think that shooting an un-cc'd bomb went so far over the thing that you simply convinced people you were the godfather. You might've still been up for a shot the next day, but people would't have been positive because you proved yourself a shooter so if you were still up for shooting I think you could've passed the 24 hour mark and gotten another daykill.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
People were convinced that he was the GF before he made the shot. It was essentially the ultimate cop-out for him. It was the right move in the situation he was in - a poor situation he had to replace in. He may not have played great but he played the best he could in the situation he was in.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ok, wasn't as big a mistake as I made it out to be in reread, HOWEVER, I think that shooting an un-cc'd bomb went so far over the thing that you simply convinced people you were the godfather. You might've still been up for a shot the next day, but people would't have been positive because you proved yourself a shooter so if you were still up for shooting I think you could've passed the 24 hour mark and gotten another daykill.
Well if I was gonna die, why not help my scummates as much as I could?

No way town would ever like be live past 24 hours if I shot someone else.

People were convinced that he was the GF before he made the shot. It was essentially the ultimate cop-out for him. It was the right move in the situation he was in - a poor situation he had to replace in. He may not have played great but he played the best he could in the situation he was in.

Pretty much this, Seph was inactive and yet still unliked by town, had no choice.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Hope you guys all enjoyed this, may as well point out its really not that much effort to run a BIM game privately and should any of you choose to do so then an invite wouldn't go amiss.. :p

peace

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh X1! Can you get on AIm? I have questions about BIM.

You wouldn't have? You played mechanics all day 1 and then were gone for about a week. Had you come back, you would've been forced to take stances and would've been caught.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually I think Summoner did that. : D

Summoner shot Luxor, both were scummies. Sadly not the whole town did that. : [ Sorry.

Top Bottom