• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's just as easy for scum to shoot scum as it is for them to buss eachother in a real game. If you shoot scum, it's a null tell and you should know this.
K, but would quick shoot me or analyze the shot and gather whether or not it was a bus? Zen says you should quick shoot me.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Pretend that Gova was supposed to shoot Kuz. Those were the two you guys thought were scummiest. I say I didn't think Kuz was scum and I shot Gova. It's someone the town has expressed they don't like. What then?
At that point, you'd still be going against town. Did town elect you to be the shooter? No. Instead of getting 2 scum reads we get 1.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
My feelings, they hurt.

Hey July, what would you do if I shot Zen right now and he flipped town cop? We'll say that Seph dies in the night phase and flips VTown. You log in and no one has posted since night ended. What would you do?
Haha that's not to say you are a bad player. I don't know. As I've said, both the games I've started out with you, you were replaced out from inactivity. You have been going on about your superior scum catching skills, but I have yet to see it. And from the "scum team so far" you just posted, you are already failing.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
how does that relate to the bandwagon?

ill still answer the question, though.

if you shoot gova, then we would be missing out on outing confirming one as town (most likely, since godfather can still shoot)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
wow, did I really take that long to post?

anyway, my views on Sworddancer since my vote have changed a little, he's a little less scummy, but I still have my eye on him. I wouldn't mind him being shot or being a shooter still though.

Zen, you can't just post a wall about mechanics and then give no reasoning behind your suspicions. Why do you think Gova is scum as opposed to town with a different opinion? What has he posted that makes you think her's scummy?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
haha that's not to say you are a bad player. I don't know. As i've said, both the games i've started out with you, you were replaced out from inactivity. You have been going on about your superior scum catching skills, but i have yet to see it. And from the "scum team so far" you just posted, you are already failing.
i love you!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
how does that relate to the bandwagon?

ill still answer the question, though.

if you shoot gova, then we would be missing out on outing confirming one as town (most likely, since godfather can still shoot)
Let's say it's a normal game.

I day kill the second biggest wagon and end the day phase. Scum and town are confirmed to have day killers. Would you immediately wagon me?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744

I day kill the second biggest wagon and end the day phase. Scum and town are confirmed to have day killers. Would you immediately wagon me?
i dont even know. im not a mechanic champ, i would just sit back and let whatever happens happen.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yes, it gets rid of either rouge town, or the God Father.
Okay, you kill Rouge town. Assuming I missed, then 4 townies are dead and no scum. Do you think this is a favorable position? Yes, you've lost your "rogue town," but at what cost?

I've already stated, "**** your ****." I'm either mafia or rogue town, so what are you going to do about it now?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect

The difference here is, lynch = majority of town.

Day kill = your opinion.

Both of these options end the day.

But only one helps town.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The difference here is, lynch = majority of town.

Day kill = your opinion.

Both of these options end the day.

But only one helps town.
So? It happened, but I'm town. I've already expressed that I'm going to do what I think is right if it comes to it, so what will you do about it. Will you be the one to quick shoot me and end the day phase with no discussion? I'm damn sure the godfather would be down to do it for you and make sure no one got to talk about anything.

This game is a sea of WIFOM. You guys are drowning and I'm doing the ****ing backstroke.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Okay, you kill Rouge town. Assuming I missed, then 4 townies are dead and no scum. Do you think this is a favorable position? Yes, you've lost your "rogue town," but at what cost?

I've already stated, "**** your ****." I'm either mafia or rogue town, so what are you going to do about it now?
Why would you put us in this position in the first place? As far as I can tell, you knowingly put town in a bad position. You made an anti town decision, you should pay the price.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why would you put us in this position in the first place? As far as I can tell, you knowingly put town in a bad position. You made an anti town decision, you should pay the price.
It's only an anti-town decision if I'm wrong. Is this about justice now Seph? I should

PAY THE PRICE......

Disregard whether the decision is anti-town or not, you're GOING to have to deal with it if I think it's significantly more likely to hit scum. Say outright whether you would or would not quick shoot me.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So? It happened, but I'm town. I've already expressed that I'm going to do what I think is right if it comes to it, so what will you do about it. Will you be the one to quick shoot me and end the day phase with no discussion? I'm damn sure the godfather would be down to do it for you and make sure no one got to talk about anything.
Why would you make such a selfish and anti town decision? You knowingly made yourself the next day target by shooting without the permission of town. You see, your creating the problem not solving it. Should we let you shoot every Day and let you choose whoever you want?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's only an anti-town decision if I'm wrong. Is this about justice now Seph? I should

PAY THE PRICE......

Disregard whether the decision is anti-town or not, you're GOING to have to deal with it if I think it's significantly more likely to hit scum. Say outright whether you would or would not quick shoot me.
You already know the answer to that. Yes I would.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why would you make such a selfish and anti town decision? You knowingly made yourself the next day target by shooting without the permission of town. You see, your creating the problem not solving it. Should we let you shoot every Day and let you choose whoever you want?
Doesn't matter why. I will do it and you won't change my mind. Deal with it.

No, you should let me pick who shoots who every day and, if you're town, we'll win.

I see you there July, answer me.

July

Smash Apprentice
I'm still going to be 'voting' people to show exactly where my suspicions lie. If people are saying we don't need votes to pressure people, then let's get to the pressuring and stop talking about how we're going to pressure.

Gova, I like how you want to put a stop to to the mechanics talk, but I haven't read much about who you find suspicious. Is there anyone you find suspicious at this point in time? What's your read on Seph?

July, what do you think of Luxor and Sworddancer?
Right now I'm not feeling great about Luxor based on how quickly he changed his mind on the voting system with the reason being

Tbh I'm fine with just riding public opinion now. As long as a pseudomajority/plurality are for it, it'll give basically the same results as voting. Being all indy and shooting on your own is still a no-no.
I feel that as the issue became divisive he started to ride the line between both sides. Swords has been pretty clear with his opinion on voting, but idk how he feels about any players right now so he's pretty null atm.

My feelings, they hurt.

Hey July, what would you do if I shot Zen right now and he flipped town cop? We'll say that Seph dies in the night phase and flips VTown. You log in and no one has posted since night ended. What would you do?
I would restrain myself from shooting you, then vote for who the scummiest person other than the quickshooter (you) for shooter. I'm assuming **** will hit the fan, someone else will quickshoot you after I post my opinion or the town will decend into chaos and decide against the shoot all quickshooters plan. First case scenario we now have your flip and another quickshooter to be dealt with the next Day. Second scenario then considering shooting=good chance your town I'd pick two other scummy people for target/shooter, and go from there. If by some chance the original concept holds up, then you should be lynched that Day by someone else scummy. If you quickshoot happens its pretty much a lose-lose in every situation unless you flip scum or the idea gets overturned and we happen to hit scum with a different lynch, but either way the lesson is don't freaking quickshoot, so we don't have to deal with such a ****ed up situation.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why am I dumb? By letting you shoot whenever you want without consequence and just hope your right? I think not. Your being selfish.
You're entitled to your opinion, but quickshooting before discussion can take place is anti-town outside of LyLo with godfather still alive.

I'm not selfish. I'm more confident in my ability to figure it out.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Then maybe you should start talking about who you do think is scum. You keep getting caught up in things I don't think are helping us find scum.

July

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't matter why. I will do it and you won't change my mind. Deal with it.

No, you should let me pick who shoots who every day and, if you're town, we'll win.

I see you there July, answer me.
I'm not delusional, I know this set-up is fragile and any plans we make now can and probably will blow up with something like a quickshot. However, as long as you're scum-hunting and finding scummy people that we agree with lynching/making shooters we shouldn't have a problem.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I would restrain myself from shooting you, then vote for who the scummiest person other than the quickshooter (you) for shooter. I'm assuming **** will hit the fan, someone else will quickshoot you after I post my opinion or the town will decend into chaos and decide against the shoot all quickshooters plan. First case scenario we now have your flip and another quickshooter to be dealt with the next Day. Second scenario then considering shooting=good chance your town I'd pick two other scummy people for target/shooter, and go from there. If by some chance the original concept holds up, then you should be lynched that Day by someone else scummy. If you quickshoot happens its pretty much a lose-lose in every situation unless you flip scum or the idea gets overturned and we happen to hit scum with a different lynch, but either way the lesson is don't freaking quickshoot, so we don't have to deal with such a ****ed up situation.
I actually like that idea. I would at least wait for town to find a shooter for you before the 24 hours are up to kill the quick shooter. If there isn't one by then, I'll shoot him.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm not delusional, I know this set-up is fragile and any plans we make now can and probably will blow up with something like a quickshot. However, as long as you're scum-hunting and finding scummy people that we agree with lynching/making shooters we shouldn't have a problem.
You know, I really like you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I actually like that idea. I would at least wait for town to find a shooter for you before the 24 hours are up to kill the quick shooter. If there isn't one by then, I'll shoot him.
How about if I promise I won't shoot again unless you make a decision I don't agree with (which means if you decide to lynch me but wait till my cooldown is up, you're gonna wind-up with another Ryker shot) I won't quickshoot again?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
wow, did I really take that long to post?

anyway, my views on Sworddancer since my vote have changed a little, he's a little less scummy, but I still have my eye on him. I wouldn't mind him being shot or being a shooter still though.

Zen, you can't just post a wall about mechanics and then give no reasoning behind your suspicions. Why do you think Gova is scum as opposed to town with a different opinion? What has he posted that makes you think her's scummy?
Gova because his reasoning for refuting the vote count is illogical. I think he was just saying **** when he first proposed that voting is terrible and then had to find reasons to back it up. They don't make sense in relation to his thought process. He refuted the vote count supossedly because it would hide scum and wouldn't help with stances. Even if that were true (which it's not) not doing it would also hide scum and not help with stances so there is really no point to not keeping the vote count or at least trying it out. If it fails it fails. His attempt to paint it as something bad and distracting just completely lacked logic. Thus he is scum to me. Also him asking me about the godfather seemed awkward to me. Like he was trying to get on my good side before I read through all the crap. There is another thing as well which I will get to later.

Kuz I explained pretty much.

July is more null, but she is obv town to me when she is town. And so far she doesn't seem obv town to me and seems not as involved as she usually is. That's all I have really for her :D.
i love you!
n_n

This game is a sea of WIFOM. You guys are drowning and I'm doing the ****ing backstroke.
Anyone who goes against the majority is dying regardless of where it puts us. It's totally the quickshooters fault for acting against this and deliberately getting themselves killed.

Question for you Ryker: Have you played in any of the other BIMs? It's the fear of this rule that has resulted in a disharmonic town in the past. Without this rule, everyone is a free lancer. We can't win that way. The voting system is our best chance for winning. And this rule ensures that so long as town sticks together. At most we can afford one dumb *** going off on their own (though it would still hurt us big time so please don't be that dumb *** ^_^).

Top Bottom