• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
No, I wouldn't Ryker. Quick shooting someone without any discussion at all is dumb. Quick shooting someone who quick shoots is dumb and contradictory to your original idea of deciding who shoots who with votes. Quickshooting a quickshooter is more anti-town that the original quick shot imo.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Question for you Ryker: Have you played in any of the other BIMs? It's the fear of this rule that has resulted in a disharmonic town in the past. Without this rule, everyone is a free lancer. We can't win that way. The voting system is our best chance for winning. And this rule ensures that so long as town sticks together. At most we can afford one dumb *** going off on their own (though it would still hurt us big time so please don't be that dumb *** ^_^).
Not on SWF. The one time I did play one, I set up a "shoot shooters" rule and won the game that way.

I really won't feel guilty if we lose because you guys decide to shoot me and I also really do not believe you would lynch me if I went against town and hit scum, so if I'm wrong, so be it. I deserved it. If I'm right, then I'll have proven my point.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No, I wouldn't Ryker. Quick shooting someone without any discussion at all is dumb. Quick shooting someone who quick shoots is dumb and contradictory to your original idea of deciding who shoots who with votes. Quickshooting a quickshooter is more anti-town that the original quick shot imo.
That's all I ask.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Then maybe you should start talking about who you do think is scum. You keep getting caught up in things I don't think are helping us find scum.
You don't think these discussions go anywhere? Please explain.

I think Gova is so far. I think I've already explained how I thought his refusing to listen to logic as a scum tell.

July

Smash Apprentice
July is more null, but she is obv town to me when she is town. And so far she doesn't seem obv town to me and seems not as involved as she usually is. That's all I have really for her :D.
Zen, is this based on Celeb? Just wondering because that is the only game I've already finished where I was town (although I was also power role there) and then there Newbie 11 where I was scum.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Not on SWF. The one time I did play one, I set up a "shoot shooters" rule and won the game that way.

I really won't feel guilty if we lose because you guys decide to shoot me and I also really do not believe you would lynch me if I went against town and hit scum, so if I'm wrong, so be it. I deserved it. If I'm right, then I'll have proven my point.
Nah dude, I really will shoot you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, would much rather hit Sworddancer or Luxor than Zen, atm.

July, Seph, and myself are town.

Null on everyone else not mentioned.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Seph, bsl, and Clown. Ensure that Ryker is shot tomorrow if he is to shoot me. And then continue with the plan.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Then I suspect I'll be shooting you, but now that we have the pleasantries out of the way, what's your stance on Luxor and why?
Probably town because of meta. Not a sure stance otherwise he would have been on my scum/town lists.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Where was the talk with Ryker going Seph? It was leading to either Ryker changing his mind (unlikely imo) or you getting sick of it and dropping it. I want you to think about how that discussion was helping us find scum. If you still think it was helping us find scum and you now find me scummy because I told you to stop, bring that up, but if you don't find me scummy and you just want to argue that it was helping. I'm not going to reply to it because it'll be a waste of time talking about it. You should just continue talking about whatever you want if you think I'm wrong and don't find me scummy for telling you to stop.

I forgot if I posted about BSL's post and right now I want to make dinner so I'm going to post about it here. BSL's post was bad. No doubts about that. I don't remember him saying anything significant at all either. I would not mind BSL getting shot/shooting someone if he continues doing this.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
so i think we should decide the shooter before we decide the shootee. that way, the shootee wont shoot someone before we can decide a shooter.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Or we could just pick both. We need everyone to be posting their stances on both so it can be decided quickly. We don't need to do one after the other, it's ludicrous.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i figured, town is going to be lazy (lol, gova), so getting 2 things done at once isnt going to happen ever. one at a time is going to be tough enough as it is... lol

but yeah, both at once is good, but i doubt itll happen.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Zen, is this based on Celeb? Just wondering because that is the only game I've already finished where I was town (although I was also power role there) and then there Newbie 11 where I was scum.
Indeed. You're already moving up to townie for me though. You just make it so obvious. Though iir you were obv town when you were scum as well eh?
so i think we should decide the shooter before we decide the shootee. that way, the shootee wont shoot someone before we can decide a shooter.
Hmmm mm mmm. Well how about this. We vote for scummy #1. Then we vote for scummy #2. Then we vote for who shoots and who gets shot ^O^.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
but then one might get crazy since itll be a 50/50 chance he'll be shot.

the shooter knows he wont be shot, so choosing him first is better, imo.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
but then one might get crazy since itll be a 50/50 chance he'll be shot.

the shooter knows he wont be shot, so choosing him first is better, imo.
Not if we stick to the plan. If one of the scummies is town, then he will refrain from shooting against towns will or he will simply be shot within 24 hours the next day. If he thinks the other guy is scum, then the other guy wont be able to make the shot when it comes down to shooting anyway unless he is godfather which is not likely and shouldn't be our focus until later.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm gonna tell you right now, I'm not the only one who will be a hero when it comes down to it. Every townie knows that they're town. Zen is setting us up to fail.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
No, Ryker. You are playing the same old way the past 3 BIMs have failed. Your rebelliousness is the only thing limiting us. If you and Delvro were to play with the team the system would be exactly fine. But you're too ego centric. You are the disruption, not I.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Bombs shouldn't claim unless they're about to be voted to be killed or voted to be shot.

On a side note, I just read the Bomb Role PM again and it says they don't kill another townie if they are NK'd, up until the time of this post, I thought that they killed another town regardless of how they died.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
does mafia even get a night kill? the mafia role PMs dont say so.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Bombs shouldn't claim unless they're about to be voted to be killed or voted to be shot.

On a side note, I just read the Bomb Role PM again and it says they don't kill another townie if they are NK'd, up until the time of this post, I thought that they killed another town regardless of how they died.
Why?

@bsl: yes they do, but I'm sure you know that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No, Ryker. You are playing the same old way the past 3 BIMs have failed. Your rebelliousness is the only thing limiting us. If you and Delvro were to play with the team the system would be exactly fine. But you're too ego centric. You are the disruption, not I.
BIM3 looks pretty bad for scum, but you know that.

Okay, I'm the disruption. If you think that bothers me, then you're sadly mistaken. My ego is too large? Good for me, but since we're not going to work with you on this, you'll have to figure out how to cope instead. Can you get over yourself and play mafia now?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
How come you didn't respond to me calling you Vocal's scum buddy?

And what is your avatar haha.
i didnt? i thought i put a :bee: there... oops, lol

my avatar is an Anvil God from Transformice

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I have no intention on bothering you. That is a part of you being ego centric. I'm simply stating what is.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
To what end then, Zen? Why would you mention it if it would serve no purpose? Trying to paint me the villain?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
because they could potential avoid getting shot and taking a townie down with them instead of actually getting shot and taking a townie down with them. If the GF wants to shot them and kill 3 townies, we can then kill the godfather (which is a good trade imo). If a scum member fake claims Bomb, the bomb knows that person is scum and can push them for the shot or counterclaim (both are pretty much the same thing lol) and then it comes down to who you believe more (which will probably be against the original claimer). If a scum fake counterclaims, we get a scum for 3 townies (which isn't as good as I would hope, but it's better than losing two townies and not claiming bomb).

Top Bottom