• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
There is one bomb and there is one cop, yes. Why does that warrant a bomb claim?
It's 1:30am and I have a presentation in the morning.......but I suppose I'll go through this now. But without all the number jumbo. Someone else can do that.

We lose the game when scum can no longer be defeated. So long as townies are alive, scum can still be defeated. The overall numbers don't matter at all.

If there are 2 towny, 1 bomb, 1 cop, and 2 scum left (i.e 4v3) during the night, and scum night kills the bomb, the game would be at 3v3 in the day. Which would be a scum win in normal mafia. But since town can still shoot out scum, they can still win.

Townie quickshoots the gf- 3v2
Scum NK the townie- 2v2
Townie shoots scum- 2v1
Scum will win if they NK the townie. Scum will lose if they NK the cop.

This was the info I didn't want scum to know. But eh. I figured most would assume that things jusy work out like a regular mafia game. Since it doesn't work like that, it doesn't matter if mafia ever quick shoot the bomb or not as it would just be the same as them quickshooting anyone else.

EX:
(3 townies, 1 bomb, 3 scum)

4v3 gf shoots bomb taking out a townie putting it at 2v3. Scum win no matter how it plays out.

Now if scum shot a townie instead it would put the game at 3v3 going into the night. Scum win no matter how it plays out.

So really, scum shooting the bomb in lylo isn't the issue here at all. The only reason why bomb shouldn't claim is so that there is always a chance that scum hit the bomb during the night instead of a townie. That's it.

In my opinion the bomb claimbing is more beneficial.

1. We have a clear.
2. Scum can no longer claim bomb and try to pull out the claim once caught.

For these reasons I feel the bomb claiming would be more beneficial than keeping them hidden. As the closer we get to lylo, the more likely scum is to bomb claim.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Vocal, I just gave my opinion on it and I said multiple times I didn't want to go into it more than that because it would be a distraction.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Zen, I'm pretty sure that town loses as soon as it becomes 3v3 otherwise it would this game would be too much in towns favor.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Have I made it clear yet that I really don't give two ****s what you think and I love this set-up for letting me do it?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Zen, I'm pretty sure that town loses as soon as it becomes 3v3 otherwise it would this game would be too much in towns favor.
No. If GF is on CD or is beaten to the draw, the game continues. It's just that town has to shoot correctly every time and before the GF can shoot.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oh yeah, Gova mow that I've said it. But if scum didn't know, town could still win in 3v3.

Luxor you didn't even read my post.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
To address the concerns of bsl and Luxor.

If Scum CC THIS EARLY that would be amazing.

There's only one bomb, thus the maximum amount of CCs there could be is 3, 3 of whuch are scum.

Godfather shooting the bomb and outing himself would also be amazing.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Thought there were two bombs in this game. My bad.

Bombs still shouldn't claim though. Yes, Zen, I read your post. Having a confirmed townie is great and all, but the bomb needs to be NK'ed. That's his job.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Because VT's are supposed to hunt and then shoot scum.
Bomb can help hunt scum while he's alive (not shoot obviously), but he should constantly be working to get himself NK'ed to remove a weapon from scumteam. Assuming the bomb isn't a much better player than the VT's, he's more useful NK'ed than alive.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Oh, okay. Thanks for putting it in black and white. And, since I am a much better player than the VTs, I'm the bomb.

Luxor

Smash Champion
"Assuming the bomb isn't a MUCH better player than the VT's, he's more useful NK'ed than alive."

Caps for emphasis. Bomb still doesn't claim.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Sorry about not posting for awhile, uni johns.

Moving on, I think any questions asked that were directed to me have been answered indirectly by other people. I hope all the bomb stuff has been settled by Zen's posts on the matter.

People I wouldn't mind dying today: BSL, Gova, Kirbyoshi

Too tired to put much effort into a post atm :|

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Clown: I can hardly remember any of your stances other than bsl. Can you reiterate [sp]?
I don't really think Gova is scum. You're town. Ryker's town. July's town. Seph is probably town. Kirbyo is so null it hurts.

School now. Bbl.

July

Smash Apprentice
<_<

If you truly re-read my posts you would see I have been gunning for Sworddancer. almost every post after he bothered opening his mouth to spout nonsense at me.

Luxor is also scum because he has been playing a middle of the road type game that tries to make it seem as if he is actively contributing while not getting his hands dirty.
I saw you addressing Swords arguments against you. However,
1) Wanted to see your other scum picks atm
2) You are right that you go after Swords after almost every post he directed at you, but is your scum read on him solely based on that? Has his interactions in general been scummy, or just with you? Things I want to hear from you about Swords, because tbh I don't find him scummy right now, and you are not convincing me he is.
3) Most of those posts happened a while ago, pre-Day 1. Needed to hear more from you, and considering I woke up to significantly more posting from you, I'm happy with that result.

Honestly, I find your reasoning against Luxor more convincing than against Swords.

July: You said Vocal had an accurate analysis on Kuz' play. Were you thinking this before? Or did Vocal bring it to your attention?
Before this I was thinking that I wanted to hear more from Kuz. Vocal noticed through his catching up that Kuz pulled attention to himself early on and that was true. And he hypothesized that Kuz was playing a "draw fire now, lie lower later" game, which is definitely plausible considering Kuz's play since the voting discussion died down. Solution? Hear more from Kuz.

Which reminds me,

@Kuz: I see Vocal there on your scum list in post 403. Did you ever address his reasons for finding you scummy, or do they not warrant the reaction Swords got?

As for the bomb claiming: Bomb claiming toDay, before we pick a shooter, would be a good idea imo. Then, if we put the gun in the hands of a non-shooting scum, they now have one excuse less to work with when trying to save their *****. We would also have a confirmed town in the bomb. And if anyone shoots bomb, then we just found the godfather. Someone ccs, and we know one of the people claiming bomb is scum. And, worst case scenario that scum then nk's the cop, at least we know that if anyone is asked to shoot and they are not able to, they are definitively scum and will die :D

Delvro

Smash Ace
Going against the majority is not anti-town! Typically, it's pro-town.

Speaking of pro-town:

@Luxor, What, you're not going to respond to me calling you scum?

That hurts :(

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
This comment by itself makes me think Kuz is town.

Well ****, Luxor didn't give me the reaction I wanted. I'm not bomb. Thought he was.
Don't fish for the bomb. Or rather, if you do and you're town, don't tell the whole town who you think it is, please. =|

I'm still ok with Luxor getting shot.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Going against the majority is pro-town if it's relevant. Talking about the voting system is not relevant to scum hunting; it's not going to expose anyone.

I still want Kuz shot. If he doesn't get shot, at least make him the shooter.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Going against the majority is not anti-town! Typically, it's pro-town.

Speaking of pro-town:

This comment by itself makes me think Kuz is town.

Don't fish for the bomb. Or rather, if you do and you're town, don't tell the whole town who you think it is, please. =|

I'm still ok with Luxor getting shot.
He isn't the bomb. He would've CCed me.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@mod: Can we request replacements & prods

Request status or something on Kirbyoshi
My bad, forgot I was going to give out prods in this game

Sephiroths Masamune receives a prod

Kirbyoshi will be replaced if he does not post by 9PM GMT today (Just under 3 hours away). Searching for a replacement now

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
This game moves fast. )_)

Ryker, how have your reads/scum picks changed since the second post?

Kk thank you. Swords, anyone else you would like to hear more from? How would you feel about the lynch target being an inactive (based on post count and meaningful content)?
Um, anyone else that's inactive I guess, lol.

Probably wouldn't want someone inactive lynched toDay, unless everyone else just somehow ends up null for awhile. Like, people who are truly inactive (as in not posting at all) really are just null themselves. Besides we don't have a deadline so we have an infinite amount time to decide so no rush right?

July are these questions going anywhere?

I think the points you bring up about BSL and Kuz are very interesting, especially considering that reading the thread after all this has happened you saw the same things Swords saw about Kuz from the beginning. One thing I would like to add to this: I re-read and have yet to see strong stances from Kuz about players (he took a very strong stance about voting).

@Kuz and Seph: What are your reads/scum picks?[/QUOTE]

Hey, how come you're giving Vocal credit for my points? :(

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
This game moves fast. )_)

Um, anyone else that's inactive I guess, lol.

Probably wouldn't want someone inactive lynched toDay, unless everyone else just somehow ends up null for awhile. Like, people who are truly inactive (as in not posting at all) really are just null themselves. Besides we don't have a deadline so we have an infinite amount time to decide so no rush right?

July are these questions going anywhere?

I think the points you bring up about BSL and Kuz are very interesting, especially considering that reading the thread after all this has happened you saw the same things Swords saw about Kuz from the beginning. One thing I would like to add to this: I re-read and have yet to see strong stances from Kuz about players (he took a very strong stance about voting).

@Kuz and Seph: What are your reads/scum picks?
Hey, how come you're giving Vocal credit for my points? :([/QUOTE]
I said it before you did :p At least I'm pretty sure I did. Also, my note about BSL wasn't something you had mentioned.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
not true. you actually voted him.
Okay, fair enough. Point still stands though.

you mean clarification as to why you voted him? dont you think it needs a clarification?

we've discussed this. voting without clarification is bad.
semantics

My vote on him was part of the call out. Does it matter that I said that he didn't ask for clarification for why I called him out, instead of saying that he didn't ask for clarification for why I voted him? They sound pretty interchangable to me.

Yeah, it probably needed a clarifaction. Which I did, just not immediatly. I think you missed my main point though. What did I say that that provoked just a powerful reaction? Nothing, at least I don't believe so.

Inactive: Kirbyoshi
Scummiest: Gova, bsl, Kuz,
Scummy: July, Luxor
Need more: Summoner, Clown, Sword, Vocal
Town read: Delvro (Want more though).
Town: Seph, Ryker
Hmm, just wondering, what gives you your town read on Delvo?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Vocal please change your avatar off of the worst Lux skin as it's affecting my ability to get a town read on you.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Vocal please change your avatar off of the worst Lux skin as it's affecting my ability to get a town read on you.
I planned to change it to the Chinese art for the skin a while ago but never got around to it. Besides, I'm quite fond of it in game; pointy blue hat is boss

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I planned to change it to the Chinese art for the skin a while ago but never got around to it. Besides, I'm quite fond of it in game; pointy blue hat is boss
The Chinese art is very good actually, too bad it's still the worst in game.

I HATE the Lux nerf. Why do they have to try and relegate her to support when that job will be inevitably better filled by someone with a heal?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
The Chinese art is very good actually, too bad it's still the worst in game.

I HATE the Lux nerf. Why do they have to try and relegate her to support when that job will be inevitably better filled by someone with a heal?
I'm not quite certain of the reasoning behind it either. I think Shurelia explained part of it somewhere, but it's still not very good. At least she's still buffed up from where she was released since her ult still pops and applies her passive. *shrug*

*considers how to make this on topic*

PURPLE CASTER MINION IS SCUM!

*considers if he succeeded*

Nope.

Top Bottom