• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Jesus, **** PCM. I have the worst luck sometimes.

I should probably play now that the patch is up. Add me? GSRyker.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Jesus, **** PCM. I have the worst luck sometimes.

I should probably play now that the patch is up. Add me? GSRyker.
Patch is out, but servers aren't on yet. And my name in game is Vocalyze; you should play with me and some of the other SWFers sometime.

*ahem*

We now return to your regularly scheduled mafia programming.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Announcing V/LA Sorry, should have announced this on Monday, but I'll be hanging with my friends this week since it's Spring Break. If you see me posting on Smashboards, it's probably only going to be in my regional zone trying to find people to smash with.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Zen, yes the bomb claiming now would prevent CCs, but later in the game, since the bomb wouldn't be NK'd, provides a huge liability to town.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Zen, yes the bomb claiming now would prevent CCs, but later in the game, since the bomb wouldn't be NK'd, provides a huge liability to town.
Do you not read? How the hell is having a clear a "huge liability"? If I were the bomb and I were to proceed to be able to scumhunt as a clear, would you label me a huge liability.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Goval is scummy. I was just looking at his posts. Almost all of them are debating the votecount issue, and ever since he hasn't given much meaningful content (and some of it may or may not have been mine lol). I would vote Gova if I had enough information on half the game to be anywhere near confident in my choice. For now I don't like him at all.

...Consider this my "before bed" post. There's not enough content in this game to analyze, it seems. :c

July

Smash Apprentice
Can see July as Sword's scum buddy.
Cool story. Problem is I would have to be scum for that to be true, which isn't the case. Swords would also have to be scum, and tbh I don't find him scummy so I'm thinking you are wrong on that count too.

July are these questions going anywhere?

Hey, how come you're giving Vocal credit for my points? :(
The questions to you or the questions in general? The questions to you are to help me get a read on you. The questions to everyone have been to get people talking or at least thinking about the people who aren't talking.

Shh its actually good for you :p Vocal's points are interesting because he was reading it all with fresh eyes, and when his points lined up with yours it helped put your points in perspective. And I think Vocal's point that Kuz was playing "take heat now, lay low later" was new to him, or at least with that wording which I easily understood.

I'm curious, who all thinks Goval is scummy and who all doesn't?

@All
Gova is null leaning scummy to me. I have to read his posts a couple of times to get something to take away from them, honestly.

Might be willing to make make him shooter, not shootee. Summoner is still a good choice for shooter, and I was leaning Kuz for shooter as well. BSL should still be lynch target toDay.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Yeah, Gova's scummy. I agree that scum is usually afraid of changing their past stances because they're afraid of being accused of being "wishy-washy," and that Gova has been presented with more than enough reasoning why his opinion is bad. This is your strongest point against him imo, and would be the reason I would want to see him shoot. That, plus him lurking for awhile there.

Not my number one pick but I wouldn't mind seeing him go toDay.

@Gova:

If we had Kuz shoot toDay and you were voted to be the shooter, would you comply?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Why am I grimy? For what it's worth I don't think I'm grimy. >.>

Why should Summoner be the shooter? Is it becuase he hasn't taken stances?

@July: Questions towards me.

Is there a certain reason why getting a read on me but not anyone else is relevent to you?

How do questions like "Who do you think we need more from" will help you form a read on me?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Do you not read? How the hell is having a clear a "huge liability"? If I were the bomb and I were to proceed to be able to scumhunt as a clear, would you label me a huge liability.
Do you not read? I said later in the game it is a huge liability. having a clear isnt a liability, its when scum knows who the bomb is, that it becomes a liability. I was referencing

BSL said:
and of course, if bomb claims, then mafia will know who the bomb is and simply save them for the LYLO/MYLO or whatever it would be.
If you were the bomb and you were to proceed to be able to scumhunt as a clear, you wouldnt be a huge liability, but only because you're the best evar at mafia and could get all 3 scum in one day with a 3 for 1 triple-kill-headshot.

all kidding aside, anyone who claims bomb this early will be a liability, unless town was able to win before LYLO/MYLO or whatever the situation is where a bomb's death loses town the game.

when would that be, anyway?

July

Smash Apprentice
@July: Questions towards me.

Is there a certain reason why getting a read on me but not anyone else is relevent to you?

How do questions like "Who do you think we need more from" will help you form a read on me?
I have been getting reads on other people, you are just one of them. I did want to get a solid read on you in particular though, because I thought I had a solid read on you at first, then you went kinda quiet. Really I was just pushing for you to talk and asking questions until I felt I had a solid read again, which I do now. Thank ya.

Ryker, You haven't provided any reason for finding why you think I'm scummy, so I'm just going to assume you don't like my play style, and I expected as much. I'm also not seeing why you think Swords is scummy. However, I do feel that Summoner and BSL are scummy (grimy is a strange word, meh).
Now...you've been going back and forth on Zen. Really, do you find him scummy or not?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
oh, sorry sword, i never did respond to your last post @me.

ill just say, he did overreact some, but you exaggerated his overreaction by downplaying what you had done.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Oh wow, I didn't realize this many people thought Gova was scum. I dunno man, still leaning town to me. One of the people on the "Yeah he's pretty scummy" train is probably a scum themselves.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Just read patch notes, THEY REDUCED CHO'S FEAST DAMAGE ;________;

BSL, would you be okay with the day ending with you being shot and myself doing the shooting?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Has anyone explained what they don't like about July, btw? Ryker just called her grimy and I think Zen said she was leaning scum at some point.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
What if you were the shooter, BSL? And if you chose to shoot whoever you wanted to who would it be?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
not sure who exactly i would shoot if i had to shoot, yet.

but no.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
huh, I thought you would have said yes since Zen's post puts me as non-shooting scum or townie. If I recall correctly, you said the post is plausible and later went to said I was scum, so why would you want a non-shooting scum to not be shooting? It should matter who the target is and (again iirc) you had at me at the top of your scum list and were almost 100% convinced I was scum. You shouldn't be concerned at all that I'm shooting you at all since you think I can't shoot.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
would you be okay with the day ending with you being shot and myself doing the shooting?
i am not ok with the day ending like that. my answer to the question was no.

whether or not you could actually shoot wasnt factored into my thought process answering the question.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
fml question fail

I take it your response would change if it was just the planned shooter/shootee?

*sigh*

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Wait what?

I'm not ok with being shot or with shooting. Regardless of who it is. If that's what you mean.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I agree with your #411 in regards to Gova, Zen.

It's Blitz free week all the time on my account :)

BSL, would you rather I got shot or that I shoot someone?

Luxor

Smash Champion
I'd buy Blitz but I'd have to pay real money >_>

Too many 6300 champs! And now I have to buy Nocturne too! (who is pretty sick from what I've seen)

Luxor

Smash Champion
So far, I'm quite dissatisfied with my reads on people. I've gone through each of the following users posts and come up with a tailor-made question for them so I can actually find stuff out. Should have done this before.

@Ryker
Zen, I'm really beginning to think this day is going to end with me shooting you.
Zen, I don't think you're crazy about bomb claiming anymore. I'm beginning to see the advantages of it.
Zen, why can I be wrong and be egocentric (one word) and Gova can be wrong and be scum?
Gova is grimy. Swords/July/BSL/Summoner are grimier.
These four quotes give some background to my question. You seem to be flip-flopping on your stance on Zen a lot. You say you want to shoot him, but don't put him on your recent list of scum? You get aggressive against him, then buddy up to him by saying you see his point (he didn't even make a point about bomb claiming while several arguments were presented by the opposition; either Ryker convinced himself or he's buddying up to Zen). Your most recent post on the subject,
Bull****. Summoner is shooting, end of story. He should shoot Zen or BSL.
suggests that at the moment you're at the "anti-Zen" part of the cycle. I want you to explain your wishy-washy stances on Zen. Explain the whole Ryker-Zen dynamic for us.

@Summoner
Bull****. Summoner is shooting, end of story. He should shoot Zen or BSL.
Back to this quote. Summoner, a lot of people want you to be shooter. I'm more than fine with that at this point, personally. Worrisome to me is your apparent indifference to the matter.
Moving on, I think any questions asked that were directed to me have been answered indirectly by other people.
You weren't asked a direct question in that case, but you have yet to make a meaningful reply to people wanting you to shoot. Summoner, please answer yes/no to the question of whether you're willing to be the shooter. Then explain why you shouldn't be the shooter (even if you answer yes).

Posting before I get to the rest to avoid losing all this stuff

Luxor

Smash Champion
@July

Nobody wants you dead; you seem to be on everyone's town list. You're so un-suspicious it's making me suspicious. If you were in a room with Ryker, Summoner, and Swords, who would you kill? You seem fairly ambiguous on all three.

@Gova

All your posts are antagonistic about the votecount, but you haven't really taken any stances on people. Let's take me for an example. Why am I scummy? Please give a post explaining why I'm scummy. I would love that.

@Clownbot

Oh wow, I didn't realize this many people thought Gova was scum. I dunno man, still leaning town to me. One of the people on the "Yeah he's pretty scummy" train is probably a scum themselves.
I like this post. I don't like how it doesn't give reasoning, but I like the fact that you're saying something. Could you explain to us your town-ish read on Gova, as well as selecting a potential scum candidate from the people who don't like him? Basically, elaborate on this post.

I'll ask some more questions after my English test on Julius Caesar. Shakespeare's written better IMO, but Mark Antony's speech is top tier.

Top Bottom