• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 3

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yeah but Cura redeemed you guys. I really wanna get more people from my region out there since I'm going to get ****ing ***** there. I want you guys to see the good players from my scene, but it seems you guys don't get too high of attendance to attract the fiends.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
bring tinny, he apparently travels everywhere.

and the attendence should be good enough for toronto bums that wont win anyway. =P

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
For those of you bringing setups, would you be okay with receiving a donut breakfast for compensation? This includes munchkins. Just investigating alternatives :]

Edit: Happy to see you joining us g chan

Phil, for most of the questions you have posed, you will be addressing myself or Cura (also known as Gaia_x). Setups are still in the midst of discussion. We will bring to the attention of attendants in some form or another that your wii is available for recording, but remember uploading to YouTube will very likely be your responsibility. If you are fine with this, we are happy to list you as one of the recording setups. Thank you in advanced for offering to pick up others along the way; it's very generous of you.

As details surface, the post will be updated by cura or myself. I should be able to make fliers this upcoming weekend, but they won't be beautiful :p

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I have recording stuff now, so perhaps I'll try my hand at recording at a tourney...?

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I'm totally okay with a dunkin' donuts breakfast.

There better be a whole god damn donut this time!

Also, can't wait to body the so called "5 good players" in our region! c:

Edit: Also, I guess the MK ban does effect me, because if MK is banned and I get Neil in bracket, I could actually beat him.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Is there a facebook event for this tournament? It would be very useful in promoting it throughout WNY's college campuses.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wario bros gotta stick together lol, we might get another Wario from my scene down to. You gotta tell me in person of your PS1 ATs lol.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
I'm totally okay with a dunkin' donuts breakfast.

There better be a whole god damn donut this time!

Also, can't wait to body the so called "5 good players" in our region! c:

Edit: Also, I guess the MK ban does effect me, because if MK is banned and I get Neil in bracket, I could actually beat him.
You snooze you lose! I made the announcement like three times while everyone was there. You just got the last one unfortunately. I should be able to bring more next time. WITH MUNCHINS :D

Holy crap it's Gichan!

I want to make this more than ever. :S
You better make it to this one. We haven't seen you in a long time >:O

Is there a facebook event for this tournament? It would be very useful in promoting it throughout WNY's college campuses.
There is currently no facebook event for the tournament. Neither of the TOs have an active account right now. For the event, this is very likely to change until we go back into hibernation.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
is mk banned at this or wat?

wont really change anything because ur scene doesnt have any good mk's. but it would keep m2k from comin and we all want that :)

PhilCobb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pheel510
3DS FC
4957-4219-0231
No, he is not banned, it was stated earlier in the thread that it would be too much of short notice to change it now. :)

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
with kt gone maybe you will finally place in money. Its been what over a year?

Patches: Get a driver and come down!

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Wario bros gotta stick together lol, we might get another Wario from my scene down to. You gotta tell me in person of your PS1 ATs lol.
I can't even consistently do it, lol. Nobody's really gotten a chance to practice the timing for it since it's underdeveloped. But I'd love to ask you a ton of advice since you're much better than me skill-wise.

I really need to prioritize school work more, lol. I'm too young to travel out of region as of now, so I need to make the most of this opportunity I have to try and make it here.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
I'm looking to possibly main Wario, so any advice from you guys when I play you would be appreciated.
stick to olimar :) you wario is pretty good, but in my opinion your oli is definitely more comfortable to you and is just all around a better character to use. people in our region understand and punish wario (from what i've seen) easier than oli.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
do you guys not want me to come? I prolly won't if no one wants me to, but it would be cool to visit sometimes

kasrani i can't believe you said that
it'd be cool. wouldnt really change my placings all to much regardless, so it doesn't affect me either way.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I can't even consistently do it, lol. Nobody's really gotten a chance to practice the timing for it since it's underdeveloped. But I'd love to ask you a ton of advice since you're much better than me skill-wise.

I really need to prioritize school work more, lol. I'm too young to travel out of region as of now, so I need to make the most of this opportunity I have to try and make it here.
thats a load of bull.

SMM1 just turned 14 and hes coming to apex with me. What are you, like 16 now?
sorry cura, but ill be taking that spot from him this time :)
Just to clarify, was our money match for 10 dollars or 20?
do you guys not want me to come? I prolly won't if no one wants me to, but it would be cool to visit sometimes

kasrani i can't believe you said that
hmmm... In all fairness, I can only speak for a few people, but Ive seen/met you at enough nationals and stuff, and you dont really chill with/talk to me and pikapika like that, and ive never seen you being super buddy buddy with kt, or san, or Dr.g. Not that thats anybodys fault, as everyone has there own groups of friends and shiz. But from a social perspective, as far as I know the only people that would really actively want you to come for the purpose of hanging out with you is like... Jesiah. So in regards to the social aspect I dont think anybody actively wants you to NOT come. but i for one am most indifferent to it.

other than that its just the simple fact that everyone planning/trying to win something at a smaller event like this just gets bumped off. Nobodys really just gonna be cool about that.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Yeah, nothing is absolutely certain, but it looks like I can make this.

On the subject of M2K coming, I guess it would be cool. Don't know him personally, so I'm not sure. However I still feel awful in regards to that... incident a few months ago involving me and him.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I guess it doesn't really matter, but I'd like M2K to go, only cause I've never seen/met/played him. =|

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
thats a load of bull.

APEX??????????????? I SHOULD TOTALLY TRY TO GO TO THAT! And who is SMM1? Have I met him?

Also, I don't think thats bull. I seriously doubt my mom would let me go to New Jersey with people she perceives as total strangers.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
thats a load of bull.

His parents =/= mine. It's all a judgement view on how old you can be to go OoS. I asked my parents about it early this year, and it might've been possible if this was during summer. I wasn't exactly clear on what I meant, but I didn't figure this would be brought up.

The whole idea of going out of state and being with a bunch of strangers who are older than myself, being gone for multiple days, having to spend a few hundred dollars, all being for a videogame seems extreme to my parents. My family doesn't understand gaming and doesn't want to.

I think like 2 years ago I told my mom you guys would be willing to talk to her on the phone about getting a ride, but she completely ignored me.

This coupled with the pressure of being in an overachieving family and my parents having come from less fortunate families makes going a low possibility for me. I'm hoping that when I become 18 and have more chances that I'll get to go out to the gaming scene more. (I think I'll need my own car, too) Until then, I'm stuck to tournies in Syracuse once in a while. I'm trying hard to get to this one by doing well in school. That's all I've got atm.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
lol @ M2k.

i dont want u to come because ur good. its that simple. if u come were all fighting for 2nd and below. theres no fun in that. and we take the 4 hour drive up to syracuse becasue we want to get away from our normal scene. so if u guys are jus gonna follow us then we might as well stay here.

Top Bottom