• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 3

Sharky

Smash Master
lol @ M2k.

i dont want u to come because ur good. its that simple. if u come were all fighting for 2nd and below. theres no fun in that. and we take the 4 hour drive up to syracuse becasue we want to get away from our normal scene. so if u guys are jus gonna follow us then we might as well stay here.
you know you're just gonna get ikesmashed nine times in a row anyway what's this talk of you winning :awesome:

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
well im not gonna say no u cant come with us.

but idk how were gettin there yet. we havent talked or planned any of this out yet/

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I want everybody to come and enjoy the community we have up here as a whole.

Also KT, don't be a *****. Man up and talk & play like a winner.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Also, M2k, We may not know you that well, but I'm pretty sure Upstate is hyped to chill with anyone. My first tourney it was like I was already friends with everyone.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
do you guys not want me to come? I prolly won't if no one wants me to, but it would be cool to visit sometimes

kasrani i can't believe you said that
m2k it's such a love / hate thing. I'd like for you to come because then we can wreck teams and it's also just really fun to play someone that's so good, but I'd also hate for you to come because you'll take my money LOL

PhilCobb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pheel510
3DS FC
4957-4219-0231
I find it slightly disconcerting that some people have just given up.

Yes, he may have some repute, and some fame behind him, but he's still human, still prone to the same slip-ups we all suffer from. Maybe to a far lesser degree but I've seen him play on youtube. He picks up his controller one hand at a time just like everyone else. You also have a whole month to practice.

Speaking of practice, I need some.

<gets out soapbox>
Another thing I'd like to touch on is the way people are acting. I've always been of the opinion that these gatherings are about having a good time, not winning. This tournament is as much a social event where we (as people with common interests) can come together and share those interests, while having a good time. I do sympathize with those of you that are attending and have sizeable commutes and you'd like to cover your expenses, but basing your entire perception, or expected experience of this event, and whether or not you will even come, solely on if you'll win money is kind of ... eh. I suck. No doubt about it, ask Cura, Eeveee, or Sharky. They'll tell you. But I'm still willing to throw down $6 for venue, and $7 for Singles/Doubles (doubles if I can find a partner, but like I said, I suck).

I'm probably going to come in last, or very close to it, but I'm at least going to have fun. Because I'll be there. :)

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
lol @ people really thinkin beatin m2k is that easy.

yall nigas already have a hard time takin games off of Kid Goggles and pikax2.

and hell yea its about makin money. wen u come to a region and get the **** chant for 2 hours then it becomes about the money

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
but if I came then that would help your gas a lot

can't believe people are so afraid of competition =/ my days are numbered anyway
stop acting dumb. the only reason u wnna come is because its melee and brawl and u can easily win both events.

basically the same reason ur tellin people to boycott mk banned tournies after apex so there will be bigger pots a mk legal tournies so u can win them. everyone is in it for themselves so dont act like ur doin a good thing for people.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
No one attending can beat him in a set unless he ragequits for some unknown reason
Well except for me obviously
Last edited by PikaPika!; Today at 12:08 PM

this is unacceptable. Where is your confidence >:O

Yes, he may have some repute, and some fame behind him, but he's still human, still prone to the same slip-ups we all suffer from. Maybe to a far lesser degree but I've seen him play on youtube. He picks up his controller one hand at a time just like everyone else. You also have a whole month to practice.

Speaking of practice, I need some.

<gets out soapbox>
Another thing I'd like to touch on is the way people are acting. I've always been of the opinion that these gatherings are about having a good time, not winning. This tournament is as much a social event where we (as people with common interests) can come together and share those interests, while having a good time. I do sympathize with those of you that are attending and have sizeable commutes and you'd like to cover your expenses, but basing your entire perception, or expected experience of this event, and whether or not you will even come, solely on if you'll win money is kind of ... eh. I suck. No doubt about it, ask Cura, Eeveee, or Sharky. They'll tell you. But I'm still willing to throw down $6 for venue, and $7 for Singles/Doubles (doubles if I can find a partner, but like I said, I suck).

I'm probably going to come in last, or very close to it, but I'm at least going to have fun. Because I'll be there. :)
Please see here. careful what you say.

Although I love the community <3

m2k just go. and bring friends :]

(we have donuts!)

PhilCobb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pheel510
3DS FC
4957-4219-0231
I've read that post several times, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for.

Allow me to clarify - I was referencing those 3 people as testimonials that I am not very good. Despite that, I'm still willing to come and hang out with people who share my interests. I'm looking forward to a good time. If I've improved enough that I place, then I consider myself all the more fortunate. :)

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
I've read that post several times, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for.

Allow me to clarify - I was referencing those 3 people as testimonials that I am not very good. Despite that, I'm still willing to come and hang out with people who share my interests. I'm looking forward to a good time. If I've improved enough that I place, then I consider myself all the more fortunate. :)
ohh my apologies phil. i thought you were saying we love the community. we do. but remember cura also plays for money and he's very overt about that fact :]

you are going to the fest this weekend i assume? :D

MetalPat

Smash Ace

and hell yea its about makin money. wen u come to a region and get the **** chant for 2 hours then it becomes about the money
i think you may want this.

/butthurt

PhilCobb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pheel510
3DS FC
4957-4219-0231
I will try Eeveee. I need the practice for the tournament. I need the practice anyway, now that I think about it. I would like to make a good showing for myself, and also for those Out of Scene, show them that here in Syracuse we take Smash seriously.

HYPE.

(did I do it right?)

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Hey, ummm.... Phil. You think you are gonna come in last at AXS 3? Leeme give you some words of encouragement. That spot is already taken by me. I think. You don't know me, but I'll explain why, I play Ganon. End of story. I lose. (encouragement fail.)

Of course, I may start playin Zero Suit for tournament matches/mms, and Ganon for casual.

And M2K may be human, but his Meta Knight isn't.

Hell, no Meta Knight is human. They are all just little sentient marshmallows with wings, masks, swords, and mittens.

Also, I may be putting forward a non-money related prize for whoever wins, along the lines of that Sandbag Cura has (assuming he still has it) except on a much larger scale:

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
M2K should come.

If you guys are really that concerned with making money then get a job. (Although it really only seems like Xzax who doesn't want him to come.)

edit: That Petey looks awesome!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Id just like to make it very clear. I have in no way given up on winning every tournament that I attend, including apex.

But I am also realistic about my current abilities.

<gets out soapbox>

in all honesty, I can pretty much count the people I actually enjoy hanging out with in the upstate brawl scene outside of rochester on 1-2 hands. pat is a jerk, cura is an ey-hole, vibe is a troll, azeal is apparently a conspiracy theorist (still love him tho). I mean, sharky and tgs are legit... but other than that, the only other people i really do stuff with are san neil, and everyone else from roc.

KT, always tellin it like it is.
however much it cost me to get there.

as long as im no less than -10 im good. thats the goal
I suggest you refrain from challenging me then., wont help toward that goal...
but if I came then that would help your gas a lot

can't believe people are so afraid of competition =/ my days are numbered anyway
this post is full of lies.
KT if you come, we'll make the **** chant an hour and 45 minutes this time around.
LOL. this guy...
and just because its a fun memory. and sucks for anyone that wasnt there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJbtLffHHw
stop acting dumb. the only reason u wnna come is because its melee and brawl and u can easily win both events.

basically the same reason ur tellin people to boycott mk banned tournies after apex so there will be bigger pots a mk legal tournies so u can win them. everyone is in it for themselves so dont act like ur doin a good thing for people.
you cant even get mad at the honesty here.
Please see here. careful what you say.
ROFLMAO

Although I love the community <3
I call bs
Also, I may be putting forward a non-money related prize for whoever wins, along the lines of that Sandbag Cura has (assuming he still has it) except on a much larger scale:

OMG!!! MUST WIN!
I will try Eeveee. I need the practice for the tournament. I need the practice anyway, now that I think about it. I would like to make a good showing for myself, and also for those Out of Scene, show them that here in Syracuse we take Smash seriously.

HYPE.

(did I do it right?)
yup. ya sure did.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Dahrem we still have your sand bag <3

Goggles I'm sorry you feel that way but that's okay. you can still have some donuts :]

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
Last edited by PikaPika!; Today at 12:08 PM

this is unacceptable. Where is your confidence >:O
I didn't realize people still played this game, I know I sure haven't and I'll still make top 3(out of staters will **** me) because people in this region are ***(minus mai boy sanford) also :)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)

dude not only will i not deny this, but i TELL people ALL THE TIME that if you host both games, I'm highly interested in going

and I hate unity dude, I hate how a group of very biased people got together and decided TOURNAMENTS MUST RUN WITH UNITY, WE ARE THE DECIDERS and people only followed because more people benefit from MK being banned than not. Because that's what it really is, and I'm definitely going to get a million people to argue with me since most people benefit from him gone thus it benefits them to try to discredit what I say.

Btw, I do think it is complete and utter BS to have a committee come up and say **** YOU, SUCKS FOR YOU MK MAINERS and just cater to a majority simply because it is a majority. I find that utter BS and there is no reason us minority should have to suffer without even a compromise (especially when it shouldn't be happening to begin with).

and I think not supporting Unity is a good thing. If people wanted to host MK banned tournaments that's one thing, but to make it a standard and say **** YOU to the rest of us is not something that makes me happy, and just because I'm in the minority of people doesn't make me wrong and Unity right. They shouldn't exist. Only people that benefit from MK being gone support it, which unfortunately, is obviously most people.

Top Bottom