• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 3 11/05

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
25. VFXM - Love Mario. You're placing here is not in line with the quality of player you are. I had a really difficult match with you. But yeah, remember Mario's nair>Olimar
thanks for the feedback, hopefully if I see you again i'll do it justice, the main problem was though that yes I do know about Nair, I usually know what to do against olimars but I'm unfortunately a lawlfi player (this is only my second tourney, last was SS3) so I haven't had much experience offline, the firendlies before the tourney helped me get adjusted a little bit but it was still kinda awkward, I did f-air so many times at the worst times. they were mostly meant to be n-air so yea. if I keep going to these at a good pace at some point maybe I can be considered offline. Not sure what will happen now though

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Shoutouts time.

1. San+Cura :: Still number 1 team.

2. Goggles+PikaPika :: Did pretty good in teams shouldnt have gone fox, not sure why you did that fox kinda sucks.

3. Phiddlestick + Sauc3 :: Was hoping to play you guys in teams

4. Vibe + Smm1 :: Easy

7. Calm + Eevee :: Calm didn't pull his weight!

7. Bcb + ldon :: Glad you guys were able to make it out.

9. Phantom + Frankie :: Glad you guys could make it out.

9. Sonic Ninja + Nito :: Glad you guys could make it out.

1. San :: Good time teaming, anytime were at an event we almost never play with each other. Team play wifi so we can **** apex.

2. Cura :: Sexy

3. Sauc3 :: Was pretty salty after i lost game 3 in winners, but i knew my marths play style would be able to counter your semi aggro metaknight! Glad you came out nice seeing you again, good at brawl good at melee. Also I wish I could have stayed up for that Zelda speed run, seemed cool.

4. Pikapika! :: Was hoping to play you at this, figured we'd probably never get a chance to play again since both of us are probably quitting after apex or sooner. Good set. Nice come back game 2.

5. James G :: Good job on beating me game 1. Shouldnt have taken lucario to FD as mk lol. Hard to much trouble killing you at the end and it cost me. Im always afraid to play lucario, he may have a ****ty recovery but the other stuff he has really makes up for what he lacks.

5. K.I.D Goggles :: Kinda disappointed in your performance. You can do better!

7. Metal Pat :: Not sure how you always manage to place so well Lol. Must play better during tournament time. Would have like to see you upset one of the better players.

7. Vibe :: Thanks for the money.

9. Tyrant :: Nice meeting you, you did pretty well, surprised you beat phiddlesticks since you were down the whole time during most of the set. Good job beating sharky as well.

9. Calm :: I'd drop wario and focus 100% on olimar. Has amazing potential even more now that mk is gone. Warios not bad, but easier in my opinion.

9. Ldon :: Nice seeing you again quit LoL

9. Bcb :: Good job beating tgs wasn't really expecting it so i'm impressed.

13. Phantom :: Come to best 5 so we can play.

13. Dudu :: Sorry that these shoutouts are as notorious as my previous, last tournament im going to host, have to stay classy. Good job in melee and brawl. Kinda disappointed in you in doubles! Didn't expect you to lose to goggle + rtf.

13. Smm1 :: Was hoping you'd upset jamesG would have liked to see you vs pikapika. Would have been a good set.

13. Sharky :: Free

17. Eeveee :: Beautiful

17. TGS :: Green

17. Alt :: Thanks for helping us TO and such. And competing in all 5 events. And picking up people and such.

17. Phiddlesticks :: Nice meeting you, dont think i met you while i was in Canada. Your definitely alot better than your placing. Pretty cool watching you use bowser in teams lol it kinda worked a lil better in some ways.

17. Mako :: Free

17. Dan :: Glad you guys started showing up in the smash community, we were losing players and now were gaining some. Thanks for helping to advertise as well as supplying what food you guys could.

25. Will :: Good games, hopefully we will see more of you guys. I liked your shirt.

25. VFXM :: Should have done way better, would have been a pretty big upset if you had beaten tommyg

25. David :: Expected you to do a lot better. Come over more so we can train.

1. Unknown522 :: Thanks for coming down and hanging with us again. Always nice seeing you. Sorry my hand was cramping in doubles.

2. Nintendude :: Glad you could make it I enjoy watching your iceclimbers, they do some really crazy stuff. You did a lot better in teams that i expected!

3. JesiahTEG :: Nice seeing you again, will probably be the last time. Hopefully you get your melee drive back or lose it all together.

5. Honey Badger :: Definitely was rooting for you vs jesse. You have him both times!

7. Beta :: Thanks for not entering brawl, would have probably spanked dat ***

9. Flaw :: You have gotten so much better! Was expecting to run through you fairly easy but you definitely gave me some trouble. Your about the same skill level as beta. Maybe a bit better.

13. RTF :: Didn't actually get a chance to play you at all this tournament. Its a shame always nice seeing you though.

13. Foy :: You got lucky

13. Erk :peach:

17. ShroudedOne :: Good couple games we had, techincal peach! Seems like you understand the character but not the game yet. Improve on your mental game more than your character game and you'll get loads better.
Posted from the 1st page

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Its not like we lost any harder than we did in all the other games when I went fox as opposed to sonic in doubles.

Fox is good. If I hadnt SDd, I would have beaten sauce with him. Which reflects more on my being garb with him then the character.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
5. James G :: Good job on beating me game 1. Shouldnt have taken lucario to FD as mk lol. Hard to much trouble killing you at the end and it cost me. Im always afraid to play lucario, he may have a ****ty recovery but the other stuff he has really makes up for what he lacks.
Thanks. And meh it's whatever at this point. It sucks because I know what I'm capable of being if I had a semi-decent recovery to work with. It doesn't even feel like a bad habit, because I know exactly what I'm doing and when I'm doing it, and also feel that I have complete control over it. The problem is, even though I'm aware of my flaws, I still have no idea how to alleviate them. It's simply too hard to get on the stage, especially against mk, and it costs me far too many matches. But like I said, it doesn't matter at this point. I only play this game casually now and I don't plan on getting any gold medals playing once every 3-5 months.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
James... Play ROB or Wario or Pit.

Of course, then youll probably just complain about not having ******** priority on everything or a completely busted projectile.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, priority doesn't matter when your attacks come out on frame 300 and you can't be on a stage to use them lolll.

But seriously though, I accept my character and his limitations, which is why you see me go solo Lucario every tournament. I was just thinking of one of those "what-if" scenarios, where my character didn't have his key drawback. We all know I primarily blame my incompetence on lack of dedication and practice, unlike you lol.

sauc3

Smash Lord
Its not like we lost any harder than we did in all the other games when I went fox as opposed to sonic in doubles.

Fox is good. If I hadnt SDd, I would have beaten sauce with him. Which reflects more on my being garb with him then the character.
you were losing that game with fox iirc

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
1. San :: I enjoyed watching all your matches! Thank you for being yourself I guess, displaying an Ike at such high level of skill is definitely a treat. We should definitely get to know each other, seems like we have a major in common.

2. Cura :: Sexy cubed squared, nuff said

3. Sauc3 :: You seem like a cool guy, I believe I helped you warm up your tech skill in Melee @ Cura's apartment. Apologies for not doing better, I'm working on it :p

4. Pikapika! :: I like your pika, it's fun to watch in matches. You can trash talk your butt off, a useful skill I suppose but I hate you for it. You're loud. That's about the nicest way I can put it...

5. James G :: You're awesome man, I like the way you carry yourself. Plus your Lucario is the ****, I want to play you more. You're they guy I'm trying to beat (my personal goal atm in Brawl).

5. K.I.D Goggles :: You're that obnoxious black guy with sun glasses, correction glasses and goggles aren't you? Srub Tip: Don't let go of your controller. Also quit giving Frannie **** for free food. I brought the glazed donut-holes and you're welcomed *******. Don't get defensive now, I'm just goating you into a rage match against me since I didn't play you. Maybe you can give some of those tips while I show how to grasp a controller firmly? Anyways don't let your personal drama affect the experience of others in Tournaments man, we don't need to hear how badly you're playing so hold in the immaturity off till you get home. Aside from that, you're a good player. Those were some fine money matches vs JamesG, good stuff.

7. Metal Pat :: I got you in friendlies a couple of times. I'm not sure which character/s you main since you played decently with about four. I would love to play you again sometime! (You're the guy with the laptop and long hair right?)

7. Vibe :: I hear you're good. I don't remember playing you much or your appearance...maybe the guy with the cool colored striped hoddie? He seemed cool

9. Tyrant :: I'd love to play you again, we had close friendlies all over the place. You're reserved, which is cool but it makes me want to get to know you a little better, I'm odd.

9. Calm :: There were two Olimar players, I played close games last stock/last hit on my 1st set not sure if it was you... although I remeber the name Calm in friendlies, we had a couple of good ones. I can't put a face to your name though.... :/

9. Ldon :: I want to play you/remember you, don't forget. I mean it, till next time :p

9. Bcb :: I want to play you/remember you, don't forget. I mean it, till next time :p

13. Phantom :: I want to play you/remember you, don't forget. I mean it, till next time :p

13. Dudu :: I want to play you/remember you, don't forget. I mean it, till next time :p

13. Smm1 :: I want to play you/remember you, don't forget. I mean it, till next time :p

13. Sharky :: I got you in friendlies with my Toon Link, nice yoshi btw. Never seen one quite as good as yours. I want to play you again.

17. Eeveee :: **** Frannie what can I say, you make every video game experience ten times more fun no lie. :D thanks for everything!

17. TGS :: Green Shirt, ha you're quirky. Good friendly games, I enjoyed playing you.

17. Alt :: Remember the name, and (sorta the) games. Don't remember the face. I want to play you/remember you, don't forget. I mean it, till next time :p

17. Phiddlesticks :: Are you Jess? Who's Jess? That guy was chill, I enjoyed playing with him. I want to play you/remember you, don't forget. I mean it, till next time :p

17. Mako :: You're a boss/ I enjoy playing with you. Thanks for minor tips here and there on every other game.

17. Dan :: Beasting it up with Link! Bombs+DAC+(Space+Z-Air) more! We play like everyday, ha love you man :p

25. Will :: I want to play you/remember you, don't forget. I mean it, till next time :p

25. VFXM :: I want to play you/remember you, don't forget. I mean it, till next time :p

25. David(Me) :: The only place to go is up ^^

Beta: Rocking the PJs
Erk: Yo get some brass knuckles, it improves your game. Trust me :D
I also hear eating meat helps your mind games, it's a little far fetched admittedly but you never know :)

Cura: Yeah I know I could have done better, I took most of my matches to last game/last stock/over 100%. I just get psyched out, as you probably have discovered in my matches vs you in both melee and brawl. Thanks for the practice man, I should cook some Mexican food for you guys one of these days, I mean it. I'll buy the stuff, just need your kitchen. Tortillas ftw!! Beta and Erk can come too.

Everyone: Thank you all for contributing to my experience in my 1st tourney. I hoped the Canadians got their food, we tried finding them at the time but ended up getting them some box carry out filled with pizza and other stuff.

Inty: I'd love to hear you sing some time, you seem like a really cool/chill person. I hope too see you again and play you again. (Same goes for Jess minus the singing unless you really want to...)

Oh and of course congrats on to the top three in all events!!! :D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
5. K.I.D Goggles :: You're that obnoxious black guy with sun glasses, correction glasses and goggles aren't you? Srub Tip: Don't let go of your controller. Also quit giving Frannie **** for free food. I brought the glazed donut-holes and you're welcomed *******. Don't get defensive now, I'm just goating you into a rage match against me since I didn't play you. Maybe you can give some of those tips while I show how to grasp a controller firmly? Anyways don't let your personal drama affect the experience of others in Tournaments man, we don't need to hear how badly you're playing so hold in the immaturity off till you get home. Aside from that, you're a good player. Those were some fine money matches vs JamesG, good stuff. Yeah sorry, it's a bit harsh.
This was amazing and I laughed multiple times at it. Fantastic.

Also, biggest shoutout = Im clearly the best =D

@Sauce, we were both at 0 on our last stocks, you down tilted me offstage for 3%. I had gotten the kill first on both of the first two stocks.

Anything could have happened but its not really farfetched for me to feel that i would have taken it.

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
@googles
Yeah I know, It was rather good wasn't it? I do stand up as well ;p
You ARE the best, CLEARLY.

@Tyrant
I'm that one guy that passes out at around 9pm at Cura's Apt. I'm really tall, probably wearing a buttom up shirt. I'm hispanic... yeah I don't know what else I could say.
Play Toon Link, Snake, and Marth. I can't really say I have a main atm.
I believe I asked where you were from.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
@Tyrant
I'm that one guy that passes out at around 9pm at Cura's Apt. I'm really tall, probably wearing a buttom up shirt. I'm hispanic... yeah I don't know what else I could say.
Play Toon Link, Snake, and Marth. I can't really say I have a main atm.
I believe I asked where you were from.
Hmm, you sure it was me you played then? I didn't get to Cura's til well past 9pm, and I don't remember brawling anyone using Toon Link.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
SHOUTOUTS!!

1. San- Congrats as usual. I love that you're so good and so casual about it.
2. Cura- Fun friendlies, I wish we got to play more. And kudos for being hilarious, more than half of your comments make me lol.
3. Sauc3- Don't really know you, but I do know you're from Canada, like Colin Mochrie.
4. Pikapika!- Good games in doubles, always have fun playing you.
5. James G- Thanks for the friendlies, I rarely get to play against a good lucario but I enjoy it.
5. K.I.D Goggles- Thanks for the friendlies.
7. Metal Pat- ******
7. Vibe- Didn't get to play you, which is okay, I probably wouldn't have fared well.
9. Tyrant- Good friendlies, it was nice to meet you.
9. Calm- Thanks for helping me warm up. Btw your Wario > my Sonic.
9. Ldon- Nice dubs, fun match.
9. Bcb- Great job first round. I don't know if I'm good enough for that to count as an upset, but I was impressed.
13. Phantom- Can't place the tag with a face, sorry. Remind me and I'll say something funny.
13. Dudu- That test is coming, and there's a difficult class for people who don't score at least a 13/17.
13. Smm1- Good friendlies, wish I was that good when I was your age.
13. Sharky- We didn't have hats, but we had fun, and heart, and poorly grown beards.
17. Eeveee- Thanks for running such a great tourney! I always have fun. Also thanks for the donuts! And for laughing at my shenanigans!
17. TGS- You handsome mother fu......
17. Nito- Again I don't think I know the tag with the face, I'd probably recognize the face though.
17. Alt- Thanks for comin' always a pleasure playing with you, reading your shirts, Imagining Jeff Goldblum's head on your body riding a dinosaur.
17. Phiddlesticks- Are you canadian too?
17. Mako- Thanks a bunch for the ride. Did we play?
17. Chance- Thanks for coming! I hope you enjoyed it.
17. Dan- I have a cousin with that name!
25. Will- I have a cousin with that name!
25. VFXM- Good games, great mario.
25. Sonic Ninja- Good games in doubles. I had fun playing you.
25. Frankie- Don't know you, but I hope you had fun!
25. P35- Don't know you, but I hope you had fun too!
25. Nick- Don't know you, but I hope you had fun too too!
25. David- F*ck
25. Bowie- Yes

1. Unknown522- Congrats. Reppin' the Jim Carrey country.
2. Nintendude- You, are, so beautiful, to me.
3. JesiahTEG- TELECOMMUNICATIONS EMISSIONS GENERATOR
4. Sauc3- Congrats, it looks like you can rub your belly and pat your head at the same time.
5. Pikapika!- Hey, you look familiar.
5. Honey Badger- Hey man, I hope you had fun, this was a stacked melee event, but you're always fun, thanks for going.
7. Dudutsai- Yay!! Tommy Love Dudu!
7. Beta- It was good to see you again... my son.
9. KID Goggles- Hey Digimon Hey Digimon, champions of the digital world!
9. Cura- Looks like I'm better than you at MK9
9. Flaw- Your name interests me.
9. Zandaaa- Yours too.
13. RTF- I learned what yours means, it was cool seeing you, what's your facebook again?
13. Foy- Like "Fergie" and "Roy" put together.
13. Erk- Cool talkin to ya. I'm jealous of the right angles Beta's heart makes when it comes in alignment with your soul. (Deep Sh*t)
13. Nightro- More like "Nitro" kekekekekekeke
17. Inty- More like "Intee" kekekekekeke
17. Alt- More like... I got nothin'
17. Eeveee- It just occurred to me that you could turn into like 7 different names. (you should choose the thunderstone)
17. ShroudedOne- Can I call you Shrouded? or One? or Daddy?
17. Pyro- KABLAAAM!!! That's what came to mind when I heard pyro.
17. Spamus- Clever girl (name that movie!)
17. Mako- Hey I know you.
25. David- Ok, I haven't gotten to the next line yet, I can't see it, but I hope so bad that it's Bowie again.
25. Pipe- Darn. It's not Bowie.

Fun tournament, thanks for helping make it fun for me. It's probably my last for a while. I may go to another in Syracuse, or if there's one in Binghamton I'd definitely go, but other than that I'm gonna be backing way off. I'll keep in touch though.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
SHOUTOUTS!!

1. San- Congrats as usual. I love that you're so good and so casual about it.
2. Cura- Fun friendlies, I wish we got to play more. And kudos for being hilarious, more than half of your comments make me lol.
3. Sauc3- Don't really know you, but I do know you're from Canada, like Colin Mochrie.
4. Pikapika!- Good games in doubles, always have fun playing you.
5. James G- Thanks for the friendlies, I rarely get to play against a good lucario but I enjoy it.
5. K.I.D Goggles- Thanks for the friendlies.
7. Metal Pat- ******
7. Vibe- Didn't get to play you, which is okay, I probably wouldn't have fared well.
9. Tyrant- Good friendlies, it was nice to meet you.
9. Calm- Thanks for helping me warm up. Btw your Wario > my Sonic.
9. Ldon- Nice dubs, fun match.
9. Bcb- Great job first round. I don't know if I'm good enough for that to count as an upset, but I was impressed.
13. Phantom- Can't place the tag with a face, sorry. Remind me and I'll say something funny.
13. Dudu- That test is coming, and there's a difficult class for people who don't score at least a 13/17.
13. Smm1- Good friendlies, wish I was that good when I was your age.
13. Sharky- We didn't have hats, but we had fun, and heart, and poorly grown beards.
17. Eeveee- Thanks for running such a great tourney! I always have fun. Also thanks for the donuts! And for laughing at my shenanigans!
17. TGS- You handsome mother fu......
17. Nito- Again I don't think I know the tag with the face, I'd probably recognize the face though.
17. Alt- Thanks for comin' always a pleasure playing with you, reading your shirts, Imagining Jeff Goldblum's head on your body riding a dinosaur.
17. Phiddlesticks- Are you canadian too?
17. Mako- Thanks a bunch for the ride. Did we play?
17. Chance- Thanks for coming! I hope you enjoyed it.
17. Dan- I have a cousin with that name!
25. Will- I have a cousin with that name!
25. VFXM- Good games, great mario.
25. Sonic Ninja- Good games in doubles. I had fun playing you.
25. Frankie- Don't know you, but I hope you had fun!
25. P35- Don't know you, but I hope you had fun too!
25. Nick- Don't know you, but I hope you had fun too too!
25. David- F*ck
25. Bowie- Yes

1. Unknown522- Congrats. Reppin' the Jim Carrey country.
2. Nintendude- You, are, so beautiful, to me.
3. JesiahTEG- TELECOMMUNICATIONS EMISSIONS GENERATOR
4. Sauc3- Congrats, it looks like you can rub your belly and pat your head at the same time.
5. Pikapika!- Hey, you look familiar.
5. Honey Badger- Hey man, I hope you had fun, this was a stacked melee event, but you're always fun, thanks for going.
7. Dudutsai- Yay!! Tommy Love Dudu!
7. Beta- It was good to see you again... my son.
9. KID Goggles- Hey Digimon Hey Digimon, champions of the digital world!
9. Cura- Looks like I'm better than you at MK9
9. Flaw- Your name interests me.
9. Zandaaa- Yours too.
13. RTF- I learned what yours means, it was cool seeing you, what's your facebook again?
13. Foy- Like "Fergie" and "Roy" put together.
13. Erk- Cool talkin to ya. I'm jealous of the right angles Beta's heart makes when it comes in alignment with your soul. (Deep Sh*t)
13. Nightro- More like "Nitro" kekekekekekeke
17. Inty- More like "Intee" kekekekekeke
17. Alt- More like... I got nothin'
17. Eeveee- It just occurred to me that you could turn into like 7 different names. (you should choose the thunderstone)
17. ShroudedOne- Can I call you Shrouded? or One? or Daddy?
17. Pyro- KABLAAAM!!! That's what came to mind when I heard pyro.
17. Spamus- Clever girl (name that movie!)
17. Mako- Hey I know you.
25. David- Ok, I haven't gotten to the next line yet, I can't see it, but I hope so bad that it's Bowie again.
25. Pipe- Darn. It's not Bowie.

Fun tournament, thanks for helping make it fun for me. It's probably my last for a while. I may go to another in Syracuse, or if there's one in Binghamton I'd definitely go, but other than that I'm gonna be backing way off. I'll keep in touch though.
fb.c/ 5ixty

x13mako

Smash Ace
@Tommy: No, I don't believe we did.

@Dai Luna: For some reason I read that as if you were angry at me.

@Sharky: Please tell me what I did to you, I don't know why you got so mad at me.

Gg's to everyone I played.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
fb.c/ 5ixty
Still having trouble finding it. Mine is Tommy Hancock (my name!) so it'd probably be easier for you to request me. I typed it in but only some girl came up.

Sharky, I'm really sorry that I offended you, but you need to tell me what I said.
FOR GOD'S SAKE SHARKY TELL HIM WHAT YOU DID!!
@Tommy: Uh....Shrouded is cool. One is alright. Daddy...what?
So One is fine?
TGS, your shoutouts raised so, so many questions. Right angles? Souls?
All in due time. Just like Dudu's test.

sauce looks like fry, esp with the red sweater! i
<3~~
Mind, ****ing blown.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Since as far as I know, I'm not going to Best 5 due to lack of transportation, I can try to upload any vids over the weekend. My Wii wasn't used, but I think I can get replays if people send me the replay files from their SD cards.

e-mail: smj72@cornell.edu

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Who in our region is going to Apex, and if so, how are you getting there?

Edit: Also, I can't make BEST 5, because I have an exam for my teacher certification. This is my third of four, and I will hopefully taking the fourth one soon as well. Well actually the exam ends at about 11am, so if someone can give me a ride at like noon or 1, then I can make it. That is probably too late to make singles anyways considering the trip time, but I just thought I'd put that out there.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
You're the guy with curly semi long hair aren't you?
If not, then no big deal. We should play sometime in the future :D
I think my hair would be better described as semi-curly long hair. But regardless, sure, we can play next time.

Who in our region is going to Apex, and if so, how are you getting there?
I'm currently planning to go to Apex, via buses and trains. Though I would prefer carpool if I can find one.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
You talkin to me or tyrant? I've been at home because I am student teaching this semester, and I was able to find a school near my house that would take me. I won't be at Brockport for a full semester ever again.

Since this is my last semester as an undergrad, I should be free all of January, which gives me the opportunity to go to Apex. It would be a cool experience for me because I've never been to a tourney of that size or competition level before. If I did go, I would like to carpool with someone, which is why I was asking how people are getting there.

Edit: Ah, I guess you were talking to shrouded, well that's the scoop for me anyways in case anybody wanted to know loll.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Earliest I could get back would be Saturday. They'd probably only take me back Sunday, though. So yeah, home.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i was actually talking to jaiye when i made that specific statement.

Pyro is going i believe but I dont know whether rit is going to be in session that weekend which means he and more importantly his car, will be back home in jersey at the tiem

Top Bottom