• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 2

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately kiddies, I can't make it to this :( But a few premonitions

TML's not gonna show up
-> If he does by some miracle, Nintendude's gonna dump his *** all over him in a $10 MM

Beta's getting 3rd

Erk's gonna ****in' **** around so I have no clue how he's gonna place

Zaaaaanddaaaaaaaa's getting 5th

Kwan for 2nd

and last, but certaintly not least (on the contrary, this is probably the most important/certain of all)........

VIBE'S GONNA GET ****IN RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPED!!!!! <-- that's ****in American

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
o ill be there this time nuggas its done

and yea nintendude ill **** u but i dont have any money ive been on unemployment for three weeks and i havent recieved anything. im going home to beg for monhey from my parents and syracuse is on the way so im DEF coming to this and winning all events

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Had a couple ques about the rules:

Any attempt to distract the player such as screaming/touching/hitting/movements while the match is being played will result in a stock loss.
-what if someone from the crowd is doing this to the extent that it's really effecting the player? they can't get a stock loss if they aren't playing lol

Banned
* Stalling
-Define stalling

<am sad that picto is banned

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
chibo, kaylo, tusm, phillyrider, keit, brawl, mvc, frannie, money, and real talk were all very strong motivations I had for coming to this tourney.

but banning pictochat?

fk this tournament.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
someone please give dr. g a ride :c

edit: spelled his name wrong.

edit edit: hype!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Had a couple ques about the rules:

Any attempt to distract the player such as screaming/touching/hitting/movements while the match is being played will result in a stock loss.
-what if someone from the crowd is doing this to the extent that it's really effecting the player? they can't get a stock loss if they aren't playing lol

Banned
* Stalling
-Define stalling

<am sad that picto is banned
We obviously cant punish the crowd for hype but if it does get to the point where a player deems a crowd too distracting I will ask that they remain silent to let the player focus. However I dont see this being an issue im pretty sure that everyone can handle hype and trash talk.

Stalling to me is minor stuff like metanight infi cape glitch, Sonic homing attack and stuff of that nature. Stuff done for the purpose of stalling and not really anything else.

so can anyone pick me and san up from the bus station on saturday around 9?
Im working on trying to find people that will take you here. If not there should be a bus that will take your directly to SU which is close to ESF which is where the tournament is located.

chibo, kaylo, tusm, phillyrider, keit, brawl, mvc, frannie, money, and real talk were all very strong motivations I had for coming to this tourney.

but banning pictochat?

fk this tournament.
Constructive as always :]

I'm also sad Picto isn't allowed but I'll be here.
I would have allowed picto if I knew there was a higher demand for it, however the stage-list and rules have been posted for over a month and there hasn't really been any discussion and its far too late to make any changes to the stage-list now. Next time ill allow it if people still want it.

Important stuff to remember for the tournament

Schedule will be;
Melee Double
Melee Single
N64 Single
Brawl Double
Brawl Single

Be on time for your matches/registration/tournament. I will enforce dq if matches arent played within a timely manner. If you are coming from relatively far away I will add you to bracket if you call me because you are not going to make it in time. People from Rochester, be on time youre not that far away.

Address
Alumni Lounge
Marshall Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210

Fees

Venue: $10 (Relay for life)
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20/team ($10/person)
N64 Singles: $5

There will be a relay for life donation set up at the registration table, If you would like to donate more to relay for life or have money matches etc for the relay for life donation that would be fantastic. The more the better.

Parking
There is parking right outside the venue door. If you havent already emailed frannie for a parking pass please do. Frannie.monasterio@gmail.com . Its free and simple and right at the venue.

Rylaxer Pillow

Top three of each event will be entered into a raffle to receive a half back Rylaxer. This includes the doubles events and the N64 singles event. If you win multiple events or place in multiple events you will be entered more than once.

Payouts
Melee/Brawl Singles
55/30/10/5

Melee/Brawl Doubles
60/30/10

N64 Singles
60/30/10

N64 will have a default payout since there will most likely be less entrants so I will not be paying out to top 4

Setups
I have a good idea of how many setups will be there, however we could always use more. If you can provide anything wii/tvs/gcs/melees/brawl/recording/n64/ssb please do. The more setups we have the more we may have time for something like draft crews for both games.

I look forward to seeing everyone! please show up on time and review the first post for the rules.

I will also like to note that wobbling is not banned for this melee tournament.

Rykard

Smash Ace
gaia_x, i think it is pretty set in stone that me and san will take that bus in the morning as of now, but if there is possibly space for both me and him in a car that would obviously be easier on both of us. I'm just kind of skeptical about being in a car with people i don't really know unless i have someone with me

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Do whatever makes you comfortable. My cell is on the first page if you need any help.

Rykard

Smash Ace
all i need is for someone to be able to take me to the bus station for 5:00.

the address is:

Syracuse, NY 13208
Greyhound Bus Station
131 Alliance Bank Parkway, Ste. 50
800-776-7548

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
So.... I actually can't go to this. I have something to attend for my internship that morning and it won't finish until after melee singles starts. Sorry guys.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
we gonna ban pictochat because i might lose there, and i dont like that stage, but wobbling is cool since im the only one that plays ICs in this region...

riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I don't use ic in tournament anymore i reminded people because nintendude brought it up

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
So.... I actually can't go to this. I have something to attend for my internship that morning and it won't finish until after melee singles starts. Sorry guys.
Congrats on your internship. :]

i won't be able to get one of those awesome cameras for the tournament - but I will still be taking lots and lots of pictures anyways.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
Msg/Pm me if you're interested in teaming with me at this for Brawl Doubles. I only play double if I have a good teammate.

DrG

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
hey, i'm hamburglar and i am planning on attending this tourney. i'm driving from upper New York State with nintendude and 3 others to attend this. We are bringing 2 tvs and at least 2 n64 systems and 8 controllers. i requested a parking pass from the email address given about two days ago but have never received a response. is it still possible to get one?

edit: soooo i'm an idiot and made a typo while emailing the appropriate person about parking passes...oops. oh well, see everyone tomorrow.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
I have extra passes. Tuna we miss you everyone should hurry up and get here I'm playing ppl by myself :o

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Some results, in case anyone's wondering:

Melee Doubles
1. JesiahTEG and PikaPika
2. TheManaLord and Cura
3. Nainsoo and Rykard
4. Nintendude and Peter

Melee Singles
1. Nintendude
2. JesiahTEG
3. Peter