• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AxisGaming - Emeryville, CA - Aug 30, 08 - $2,000 1st place, SINGLES START@11AM

Axis

Smash Apprentice
BRING STATIONS - GET DISCOUNTS AND
ENTER TO WIN A NEW NINTENDO DS!!!

In addition to your discounted entry fee, those who bring 2 or more items (any combo of wiis/tvs)
will be entered into a raffle to WIN A BRAND NEW NINTENDO DS!!

We would like to take this opportunity to again encourage players to bring whatever the can as far as stations (wiis and TV's) we cannot run community events like this without you and the more wiis and stations we have, the better the tournament will be for everyone!

Thanks,

-Travis :: Axis Gaming

PS: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TELL US AHEAD OF TIME (although we appreciate it if you do) TO GET DISCOUNTS/RAFFLE ENTRY FOR BRINGING SETUPS, JUST BRING YOUR GEAR AND GET YOUR GOODIES!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
no posts here for how big this will be lol. im excited and cant wait to see some old and new faces. flying out in just a bit!

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I'm getting a bit anxious.

I nominate myself as the official underdog.

Norfair's a counterpick. I wonder if I should print out the rules from the rule thread and slap 'em down here, or just bring 'em today.

onski?

Smash Ace
most unorganized tournament ever. from the 1 hour+ waiting times to the people recording false victories to the 12 year olds playing friendlys during the tournament time. ridiculous.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah. Definitely. Who else is back yet?

Wonka here. Yeah, I was the blue Bowser that got smashed on by E's G&W. I almost beat Lee if he didn't effing chain-grab spike me. That was trash, I was winning too! ;_:

I figure I did good for my second tournament, considering how massive this one was. But yeah, they need to learn what the real counterpicks are and enforce what they say. Those two kids in the back on #26 kind of pissed me off. I almost got banned when they called that out, and yet those two sat all day playing, even on custom stages sometimes.

Next year, we better get all up in their grill about it.

f0cus

Smash Cadet
Yeah it was extremely packed, and wasnt THAT unorganized, but it took so long for matches i estimated itd be around like 9 pm by the time doubles wouldve ended, so i just left. what a waste of 20$ ;/. did get to fight some nice friendlies, and im not sure if you remember me onski, but i was watching you play against ifly on his meta knight, haha

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
I played you, really early before registration I think, fOCUS. You went all day as Snake right?

It wasn't really a waste. I had a great time. It was unorganized, sure, but very fun. Who was the Falcon you played on #1?

AxemCA

Smash Rookie
I stayed a couple hours after I got destroyed in that match, but boy, I couldn't take it anymore and just left (around 5). It wasn't Axis' fault for any of this imo, it just got bigger than expected and a bit out of hand.

Is that link actually live? It's still going? Wow.

edit: also f0cus if you were playing that Snake in the vs. CF match I cheered for you when you won. people were vicious!

AxemCA

Smash Rookie
wow I just watched SK92 **** some snake ...really badly....... at yoshi's island
reverse dthrow....... too good D:
It was great to see that, I didn't see SK92 play anything when I was still there.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
I stayed a couple hours after I got destroyed in that match, but boy, I couldn't take it anymore and just left (around 5). It wasn't Axis' fault for any of this imo, it just got bigger than expected and a bit out of hand.

Is that link actually live? It's still going? Wow.

edit: also f0cus if you were playing that Snake in the vs. CF match I cheered for you when you won. people were vicious!
"You got no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

Underdogs are more popular, and CF is manly. What did you expect?

AxemCA

Smash Rookie
"You got no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

Underdogs are more popular, and CF is manly. What did you expect?
Kisses. Hugs. Cotton candy for everyone.

Seriously though it was a good match and I thought they both did well.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
If it's really true that some people falsified wins/losses, who's really to blame for that? Props to the team working on it and trying to fix the damage done. That people would honestly go that low is just ridiculous.

Nick A

Smash Cadet
Can't expect everything to run smoothly with 300+ players. Once they got a handle on what was going on (and when WWJD got a hold of the brackets) things started to fly by. I have to give a lot of credit to axis gaming. They were doing a lot in terms of helping everyone out: staff were picking up trash, walking around and making sure everyone's wiis and tvs were still intact, etc.

Props to axis gaming.

hova

Smash Champion
does this ****** on the live feed not know we can hear every stupid thing he says? no one knows what the **** you are talking about

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
They both did good, but I think Snake on Yoshi's Island is just too ****ing ridiculous. It took a lot more for CF to do what he did than it took Snake in ALL the matches, especially the second one.

aznforce817

Smash Lord
I'm here to defend glenn cuz he wants someone to defend him. Glenn's a **** pimp he just said he would rather have 2 girls. wtf haha... ok now he likes squirtle... and he's single... and he's at a smash tournament.... glenn wtf

lets play mario kart... right now.... get on aim ****. ahha

Top Bottom