• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AxisGaming - Emeryville, CA - Aug 30, 08 - $2,000 1st place, SINGLES START@11AM

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Showing interest from FL.

Afro and myself are the top players in FL atm, with afro being the best in the state. we would need 1337 housing.
being really good in smash (melee + brawl) is a plus!

Please PM me or post if you can house us 2.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i can house a few (probably up to 7-8, but I can only drive 4 others)

i'm pretty awful at smash though

and furthest away gets priority (though since EC is a bunch of *****es I don't think anyone's coming)

Protathlitis

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I got the chefs from Flat Zone mixed up with Pictochat. However, I don't like Pictochat either so not playing with that level is cool. Thanks Axel.

BrawlChamp14

Smash Apprentice
as far as the stages go then i think it should be like this

Neutral
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate ship
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Green greens
Corneria

this is just my opnion though

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Quick Update for July 15th 2008!

Introducing: EPIC MOMENT PRIZE GIVEAWAY!!!!

Ever do anything in a tournament that you think was so bad *** you should get a prize for it? Well we feel that way too, so we will have people wandering the floor watching for epic kills, spikes, gimps or just plain pro moments. If they feel the moment warrants it, they will be giving out prizes like: Imported Japanese Game Cube Controllers, T-Shirts and other random and badass swag!

So remember even if you're gonna lose make sure you go out in style!

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Quick Update for July 15th 2008!

Introducing: EPIC MOMENT PRIZE GIVEAWAY!!!!

Ever do anything in a tournament that you think was so bad *** you should get a prize for it? Well we feel that way too, so we will have people wandering the floor watching for epic kills, spikes, gimps or just plain pro moments. If they feel the moment warrants it, they will be giving out prizes like: Imported Japanese Game Cube Controllers, T-Shirts and other random and badass swag!

So remember even if you're gonna lose make sure you go out in style!
Thats a new idea, all the more reason for me to go XD

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
just 1 question
i read about the sbr rules coming out soon
can someone please pm me or somethin when they come out
thx

and 1 other question is emeryville any where close to sacramento

Axis

Smash Apprentice

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Update Thursday July 17th!

Hey Guys,

Were looking to get as many Wii's and setups as possible to allow as many free play stations
as we can!

We have a controlled check-in system and security personnel on site so you can feel safe helping out the community!

Bring a Wii (w/Brawl): We will give you $5 off your *SINGLES* entry fee (must have all Chars/Stages unlocked!)

Bring a TV: We will give you an additional $5 off your *SINGLES* entry fee

Total of $10 (50%) off!

If you Can help out please let us know by contacting us via E-Mail or in the Wii/TV thread on All is Brawl (CLICK HERE)
E-Mail - Travis@AxisGaming.org

Thanks,

-Travis :: Axis Gaming

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I am 90% sure I am going to attend this. Sounds very awesome.

Is there anything I need to do to ensure that I am able to get in, or can I just show up?

Axis

Smash Apprentice
I am 90% sure I am going to attend this. Sounds very awesome.

Is there anything I need to do to ensure that I am able to get in, or can I just show up?
We will be opening up pre-registration for singles online in the next few days, other than that you just need to show up in time for registration and you'll be fine!

SolarSunSpot

Smash Rookie
Actual start and end time for Tournament

So I'm thinking of flying up for the day from So Cal and I was wondering about the time you'll be opening the doors and to what time you think it will end. Only wondering so I can schedule the flights there and back.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
*sigh* this is truly the only tourney i'm looking forward to.

Travis you're going to make this so dope you're not gonna be able to top it next year bro lol.

this is already too amazing.

∫unk

Smash Master
why is this only one day.... seriously take over the venue for day 2 ppl will come and pay.

and what the eff are the stages i'm having to play all of even "possible" ones in case someone tries to gay me with it.

and axis is too good.

Edit: I like CH's stage list...

-- 4 Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Story
-- 12 Counterpick stages: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Hanenbow, Jungle Japes, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise

Protathlitis

Smash Cadet
I'm a little confused about registration. Is it really better to pre-register rather than to normally register; is this tourney going to be so big that you can't register when you get there?

Thanks in advance for helping answer my questions.

SolarSunSpot

Smash Rookie
So I plan on attending this but I'll be going by myself and entering the Singles tournament. I'd love to do the doubles tournament as well if there is anyone out there that is planning to go and needs a parter for that. Just contact me if you're interested...

Axis

Smash Apprentice
SCHEDULE UPDATE!!

Doubles: 10am Start

Singles: Starts after completion of Doubles

**You will be able to register for singles starting at 8am up until the singles tournament starts. We will announce it multiple times and give you warnings when the doubles event is coming close to an end because once the the first singles game starts registration will be closed, no exceptions.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
how do you guys actually think the attendence is going to be? if i can make it, pocky, could u hook me up with housing+rides+travian??

Top Bottom