• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AxisGaming - Emeryville, CA - Aug 30, 08 - $2,000 1st place, SINGLES START@11AM

clowsui

Smash Legend
lordx did you forget? xzax is like super jailbait lol, inui made a pass at him because he's what 13-15? XD
also i'm prrreeeetty sure xzax has school during this time

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Rainbow cruise seems a bit out of place being included in this tournament. Also Lylat Cruise seems pretty neutral.

This tournament sounds awesome though.

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Rainbow cruise seems a bit out of place being included in this tournament. Also Lylat Cruise seems pretty neutral.

This tournament sounds awesome though.

Lylat has been a neutral, but I forgot to update it...so updated now :laugh:

And as far as Rainbow Cruise goes, I personally hate it but it's included in almost every tournament I go to, if enough people speak out against it we can remove it.

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Oh and by the way I've been getting this question a lot so I'll answer it here...

There is NO VENUE FEE, if you want to come down and watch and play casuals for free you are more than welcome to do so!

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully Norcal will teach pther smashers how to throw a hyphy/thizz faced tourney

Hype, get it now
ROFL. I love living in the bay. EasyP, we need to have a strong local showing here.

Btw, doubles is with team damage on right?

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Finally, a tournament in Norcal. Even cooler, you live in good ol' Danville.
Yea lol, you looking for some matches? I wanna get some more smash going (aside from the big one in August) up here, I hate having to drive over an hour every weekend to get to a tourney.

PM me if you know some people that are close to the Danville/San Ramon Area that want to play some smash

WassupJB

Smash Lord
Yo axis I wanna record for this tournament. Not sure if you remember me but I'm DVCrecROOM on youtube.

You came to my tournament too (ownapalooza).

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Yo axis I wanna record for this tournament. Not sure if you remember me but I'm DVCrecROOM on youtube.

You came to my tournament too (ownapalooza).
Cool, send me an E-mail or Call me (i sent you my number in a PM) and we can talk about it!

WassupJB

Smash Lord
If it wasn't for this and BIO I'd drop brawl for cod4.

I'd still record for tourneys though haha. Oh and I'll be calling you on sunday, is that cool Axis?

AxemCA

Smash Rookie
I'm from Expression, hello. I (hope) to be there but two questions:

1. What is the controller scheme that's usually used for these events? Can you choose one?

2. Do you happen to know at what time it's set to be held?

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Yea lol, you looking for some matches? I wanna get some more smash going (aside from the big one in August) up here, I hate having to drive over an hour every weekend to get to a tourney.
Yea. You should try to get some other tournaments going in emeryville. If you did I'd probably go.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm tempted... but those stages are limited. Who bans Frigate?

pockyD

Smash Legend
well you should really "complete" the ruleset sooner rather than later if you want people to travel for long distances for this

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Which is why I'm tempted rather than outright not going ;)
well you should really "complete" the ruleset sooner rather than later if you want people to travel for long distances for this
With an event this size were just trying to find a happy medium between some of the differences in various regional zones, that being said I'll just open it up for discussion here...

What Counterpick would you like to see that's not here?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Axis, the SBR ruleset should be done relatively soon. Like, two weeks and we'll have the stages done (which I'm assuming is all you'd need). Assuming there wasn't any revoting or anything, I could talk to you about what we have for that and you could use it as a starting point.

pockyD

Smash Legend
off the top of my head, in addition to frigate, i think brinstar, norfair, corneria, jungle japes, skyworld, and pictochat all need some consideration

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Axis, the SBR ruleset should be done relatively soon. Like, two weeks and we'll have the stages done (which I'm assuming is all you'd need). Assuming there wasn't any revoting or anything, I could talk to you about what we have for that and you could use it as a starting point.
Any input you or SBR have is more than welcome!
PM me or hit me up on AiM and well talk!

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
i second frigate, corneria, skyworld, and pictochat

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Skyworld = Horrible stage

yostuffstank

Smash Cadet
there will be like a free play area or time period right? forgive me for axing such a nooby question, but i've never been to a big tourney llike this one will turn out to be. pretty excited about this event. =)

giantRobot

Smash Rookie
The stages are fine. I'm not being cheaped out of 2000$ because Frigate decides to shut me down. Looking forward to the tourney =)

Axis

Smash Apprentice
there will be like a free play area or time period right? forgive me for axing such a nooby question, but i've never been to a big tourney llike this one will turn out to be. pretty excited about this event. =)
We always try to make as much free play as possible available, but if things slow down for any reason, we reserve the right to annex any free play stations for the tourney.

So in other words, yes there will be free play but the tournament will always take precedent.

Top Bottom