• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Unity Ruleset: Committee Discussion

Remastered

Smash Lord
I sit on the fence in the MK discussion. I main him, but I also see benefits of having him and not having him. But this isn't an argument of whos voices will be heard. The Unity Ruleset is designed to bring in the majority vote for what best suits the community.

Now as Earl argued quite bluntly, the majority of the community are those who are less skilled than others, for reasons such as being new to the scene, or in the process of learning to become better. So to counter this, we have voted top players and TO's into the discussion.

For the love of all things pretty and beautiful, just vote for who you want (in other states as well) and we will create a discussion group. This is the view of the community and allows everyones opinions to be heard as now even those who aren't considered, get to vote for who will represent them. If you don't think that the right people are being represented, just vote for someone different when you put up your list of preferences for the panel.

STOP MAKING IT DIFFICULT!

Edit: My life is to short to keep trying to get constructive things done in this community.

earla

Smash Lord
My concern is that even the top players here are capable of throwing out false statements without doing extensive research into a topic.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Where's your Phd in Smash Earl? What measure shall we go to, to insure everyone on the board has the required amount of study in Smashbrothers to allow them to have a valid argument. Better yet, lets all write a thesis and Earl must approve our Smashbrothers knowledge before we are even allowed to vote on who we want to represent our community.

10,000 word limit, kgo for realistic expectations.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
to be fair nobody is representing their community here, it's just a bunch of brawltards attempting to form a group to attempt to agree to a ruleset that will never be used anywhere and quickly forgotten

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
to be fair nobody is representing their community here, it's just a bunch of brawltards attempting to form a group to attempt to agree to a ruleset that will never be used anywhere and quickly forgotten
Beautifully said.

However, if a panel is going to be made I'd be happy to see Jei and Dekar from Victoria. Both have experience as TOs so their knowledge of the Victorian community is strong, both seem to be open-minded towards opposing points and can explain their own opinions well enough (although Dekar can be a little rude towards people he disagrees with sometimes maybe).

I think three is too many (...and I can't really think of a good third person). Might've said Toshi or Khoa if they posted a bit more regularly... probably Attila though. I'm not really interested in joining.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I agree, everything in the smashbrothers scene is made more difficult by those within it, however I disagree with 'a ruleset that will never be used anywhere and quickly forgotten'. Given that the TO from each state is in the panel, there is a high likelyhood of this working out.

The TO's of Aus Brawl are all very understanding and highly knowledgeable players too. If we came together and this actually happened, we would most definitely see it run at all tournaments, providing a melee rep doesn't host it.

We just need to weed out the pointless arguing and get on with topic at hand, vote for reps please people. Could this be made into a poll?

Splice

Smash Hero
Ledge Jei and Dekar.
Attila doesn't need votes I don't think lol.

From other states, Luke (NSW), Ted (NSW), Aces (SA), Jaice (QLD) ... :s

Don't know enough about (or don't trust) anyone else to vote for them so I will leave it at that. Ted said it should be vote for other states but I don't know enough about them so it seems like I'd just be throwing out names which I don't think is needed/helpful.

-1 vote to jezmo so it gets done faster, but all other people don't concern me/i dont know enough about to decide, so what use is there in me just throwing out names?

Dekar289

Smash Hero

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Direct question to adept, jei, shaya, Ted and Apollo.

If the committee voted for a ruleset you didn't agree with, would you accept it?

:phone:

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
You think we should have more open-minded people on the comittee Splice, but after I apparently "disagree" with you, you suddenly don't want me on there for the sake of making it quicker. I see.

At any rate, I don't think anyone in Aus shares my views so you're right. I shouldn't be on there. Put people like Matt, Aero and Kaion on there from QLD. They know their stuff and are generally pretty open-minded.

zApollo

Smash Ace
If the committee voted for a ruleset you didn't agree with, would you accept it?
Pretty much what Matt said.

It depends on how the ruleset was made and why I (the SA community) would disagree with it. If it was made on a 'whim', and did not have enough input from our community that we decide was respectively considered then absolutely not.

If there are minor elements we disagree with, but we made these sacrifices for the goal of a AUR then yes if the sacrifices are worthwhile. That's the whole point of a committee using common sense.

Attila_

BRoomer
It would involve a pretty involved discussion, and consideration of a large number of variables. I don't intend of taking this lightly.

At least of it goes ahead.

Splice

Smash Hero
You think we should have more open-minded people on the comittee Splice, but after I apparently "disagree" with you, you suddenly don't want me on there for the sake of making it quicker. I see.

At any rate, I don't think anyone in Aus shares my views so you're right. I shouldn't be on there. Put people like Matt, Aero and Kaion on there from QLD. They know their stuff and are generally pretty open-minded.
I don't disagree with you, you're just very slow and have a lot of trouble comprehending so it would only waste time.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
There isn't much to say after you posted that garbage. You just made yourself look really silly and more idiotic then everyone already knew you were. Hopefully the community stopped listening to you a long time ago. I will miss my initial misconceptions of you though.

Enjoy remaining on top of the bell curve, Splice.

Splice

Smash Hero
The community should stop listening to me because I offended you?
... I think you need thicker skin, getting so petty over "-1 vote to Jezmo" is pretty idiotic imo

I don't really care if you're on the committee or not, I'm pretty sure it's going to be somewhat tedious one way or another. But you are making assumptions that my actions are based off actual spite, or assuming what my reasoning for not really wanting you on the committee is. Again you don't understand Jezmo... which is why I don't want you on the committee.

Is it a problem that someone out there (me), does not support you or have faith in your abilities?
I thought I was entitled to that right :/

Just like Teds entitled to be a prick to me whenever I post anything :p

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about petty? Splice, I don't want to be on comittee anymore after talking to the QLD guys. If I'm upset it's because you just called me slow ffs. Notice that I didn't even vote for myself to be in the comittee? It's not about you not putting me in. If I'm upset it's because you called me slow one post ago and keep saying I don't understand but you won't bother to explain.

How should I respond to that? I'll tell you, I should ignore you. If the comittee should ignore you it's because you can be an arrogant ******, not because you "offended" me

Of course you have a right to your opinion. Again, I don't want to be on the comittee but calling people slow in a comittee thread on Smashboards is ********.

So yeah, I suppose you're right. I don't understand.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't have the time / willingness to put the effort to argue with people, because I have likely argued with them before; and know things likely won't go anywhere in a new attempt.

BICKER BICKER BICKER.
CLOSE THREAD CLOSE THREAD CLOSE THREAD?

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, Shaya. Flaming usually isn't what I do but don't shut the thread because of me. Just let the more mature players in the scene discuss stuff because obviously I fail pretty bad at communicating.

Splice

Smash Hero
Wow Jesmo... I don't think I could deal with being called slow myself, that must really hurt :'c

I said many posts back that I was just going to ignore you myself coz it's easier for you and myself, but I didn't think the initial "i vote -1 jezmo" would start anything. Then I started responding to you (whoops). But really, please calm down. I apologise for calling you slow, I don't want you have a bad night or anything.

Although I like where this has gone, yes Shaya
Please close this thread (I'm out of popcorn) ty

Attila_

BRoomer
it did get worse rather suddenly.

hmph.

ok then, i'll try a new tactic. since people seem unable to list players to compose the committee, listed below are the candidates from each state that I would deem good candidates.

If people have objections, please identify:

1. who should not be on the committee
2. why they should not be on the committee
3. who would be a relavant replacement for the removed party

VIC:Attila, Jei, Dekar

NSW: Ted, Shaya, ZXV

QLD: Adept, Jaice, Kaion

SA: Apollo, Allens, ???

Mod: Vyse

now, let's get some relavant discussion going.

zApollo

Smash Ace
it did get worse rather suddenly.

hmph.

ok then, i'll try a new tactic. since people seem unable to list players to compose the committee, listed below are the candidates from each state that I would deem good candidates.

If people have objections, please identify:

1. who should not be on the committee
2. why they should not be on the committee
3. who would be a relavant replacement for the removed party

VIC:Attila, Jei, Dekar

NSW: Ted, Shaya, ZXV

QLD: Adept, Jaice, Kaion

SA: Apollo, Allens, ???

Mod: Vyse

now, let's get some relavant discussion going.
I have no objections, still undecided about SA's 3rd member.

-1 for this guy
You should actually ask Kaion if you can read his research paper on the competitive smash scene, it is probably the most professional and intelligent observation of our scene's development.

Splice

Smash Hero
You should actually ask Kaion if you can read his research paper on the competitive smash scene, it is probably the most professional and intelligent observation of our scene's development.
He linked it to me once (or someone on this forum did) but it wouldn't open properly on my computer, it wasn't finished at the time. If it is finished and working I wouldn't mind a look.
link?

What happened to the Blighfi site, where are all the videos? It's all different n stuff; Kaion explain this 2 me plz

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
He keeps having to change/remove the blighfi site because Apple keeps rejecting the itunes app he's trying to get published.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
Splicey you never saw my academic Smash essay just one of my many internet ones.

Blighfi is going strong but only Android owners can use it atm because as Vyse said spent the last 4 months arguing with Crapple.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hey remember way back in this thread where me, dekar and zac all said this was going to be nothing but pointless bickering?
yeah...

once again, do we actually need a unified rule set, I mean hey I suppose it would be nice, but we've never needed one before, America doesnt really have one, and a few TO's that I've spoken to here in aus were like 'yeah if we had a unified ruleset, I'd probably just do my own thing and ignore it'

so yeah?
whats it really going to achieve?
do we NEED it?
is it going to reliably happen?

Top Bottom