• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Melee Power Rankings V1.5

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
AUSTRALIAN MELEE POWER RANKINGS - V1.5

PANELISTS:
CAOTIC
DEKAR
S.D
SYKE
ZXV

The panelists have assembled an up-to-date ranking system, where players can refer to and get a general idea of the regions top Smashers. This aims to stimulate the community to improve the overall skill level, as well as encourage tournament attendance for those who feel overlooked. If you have any queries concerning the rankings, feel free to PM any one of us. It's solely up to the community to determine whether or not the list is accurate enough to be considered 'official.' Updates will likely be conducted immediately after major or regional tournaments.

Purpose:

The purpose of this Australian PR project for SSBM is to encourage the competitive development of the game and to nurture the desire of lesser players to compete for placement on and within the power rankings. The power rankings will drive all players to consistently attend tournaments and will also serve as a tool for tournament organisers to accurately seed national level smash events.

Criteria:

Recent Tournament Placements:
- The more recent the tournament, the more weight it holds in determining placement on the ranking.
- More recent wins or losses hold more weight.
- More tournament results equates to more consistency in placement.
- Tournament Placement only accounts for standard singles events. Doubles/Low Tier events do not count towards the rankings
- Self imposed handicaps should not to be taken into consideration in this or any other criteria. (This includes using low tier characters in a standard singles event, sandbagging and forfeiting sets)

Win/Loss History:

- Placement on the PR is influenced by who you have beaten in tournaments
- Conversely; it is also affected by whom you have lost to.
- The significance of these wins and losses is determined by the perceived skill level of the opponent (be they power ranked or not).
- Money Matches/Out of State tournament performance is counted.
- Friendlies are not an acceptable means of perceiving the skill level of a player and do not count towards PR considerations. Taking friendlies into account is in direct opposition of the goals and purpose of the PR.

Exceptions/Panelist Discretion:​
- In the event of forfeiting from a tournament, it will be up to the panel to use their discretion in using the limited results supplied. Panelists will take into consideration the circumstances surrounding the forfeit.
- All considerations by the panel should not be heavily dictated by the criteria, the criteria instead serving to guide the panel to the most accurate outcome.​

THE RANKINGS​
as of 24/7/2011

A TIER​
1. Dekar :marth: :jigglypuff:
2. ZXV :sheik:
3. Syke :marth: :sheik:
4. S.D :falco: :fox:
5. Sirias :fox: :marth:

B TIER

1. Monkeybear :sheik: :fox:
2. Tedeth :jigglypuff: :ganondorf:
3. Redact :falco:
4. Atticus :fox:
5. Scrubs :peach: :jigglypuff:

Player Tournament Singles Doubles
Dekar The Power of One 1st 1st
ACL Melbourne 1st 5th
Reloaded 8 2nd 1st
BAM 2k11 3rd 2nd

ZXV The Power of One 3rd 4th
ACL Melbourne 2nd 2nd
Reloaded 8 1st 3rd
BAM 2k11 2nd 3rd

Syke The Power of One 9th 2nd
ACL Melbourne 3rd 1st
Reloaded 8 5th 2nd
ACL Brisbane 2nd 1st
Summer Smash 1st 1st

S.D The Power of One 2nd 3rd
ACL Melbourne 5th 1st
Reloaded 8 5th 2nd
ACL Brisbane 1st 1st
Summer Smash 2nd 1st

Sirias The Power of One 5th 2nd
Reloaded 8 3rd 5th

Monkeybear ACL Melbourne 7th 4th
Reloaded 8 4th 4th
BAM 2k11 5th

Tedeth The Power of One 9th 4th
ACL Melbourne 9th 2nd
Reloaded 8 7th 3rd
ACL Brisbane 3rd 3rd
Summer Smash 3rd 2nd

Redact The Power of One 5th 1st
ACL Melbourne 9th 5th
Reloaded 8 9th 1st
BAM 2k11 1st

Atticus ACL Melbourne 5th 3rd
Reloaded 8 6th 9th
BAM 2k11 2nd
Summer Smash 4th 4th

Scrubs The Power of One 9th 5th
Reloaded 8 7th 5th
ACL Brisbane 5th 4th

Previous Rankings

There was a lot of in depth discussion for all placings at different stages, some revisted several times. While a few could potentially change quite easily, the panel felt that this is the most accurate list for now.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I did, we wer hoping to get zero to do it but was taking too long/didn't know we finished xD We had the list sorted for over a month now..
Yeah Zero can take a while, he's a busy man and it's pretty much crunch time for his uni currently iirc.

Next melb pr is going to be done by him after uni, going to be updated soon with the newcomers/no more Cao.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
b tier is messy enough as it is, i don't think we should go into c tier just yet lol
if anything add aussierob to b tier

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I love it how K-pop groups have enough members to make multiple tiers. I'm hoping to make this list one day as one of the 829292 members of Super Junior.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
hard to farily place monkeybear, though i think he'd be more sutied to b-tier
blackshadow for s tier though

Dekar289

Smash Hero
he thinks he's better than redact too
hence why melbourne has been pumped for their epic pr, money and autograph super set

yes, he's better than toshi

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I outplaced Ted and scrubs at the last major and have beaten them both before + competed with most other people on this ladder. No offense to both I think they both ****. But is the reason I'm not on this cuz of the lack of attendance at majors?

:phone:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
pretty much, plus the last major was ACL, then the bris one, then the melb one again and you only attended the bris one. AANNNDDD at the bris major in the bracket you lost to redact, then played only qlders, and then lost to dekar. We pretty much had nothing to go on bru, and you lose to random people like dark and jbirds who would get 4 stocked by most of the people on the list.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Lol dude that was one bad tourney for me. I've still competed pretty well with the top players at every tourney, its not like i got ***** by redact or dekar (dekar did beat me pretty bad tho lol), and I beat every qlder except for you, an Ryan and I go back and forth.

But yea i can see how there's not much to go on as far as majors go. I don't really care though, was just curious.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
bah, you guys are lucky I dont wanna be on this list, or I'd misfire my way to victory with ease

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys. it was just one tourney so doesn't matter but for the record tedeth and i played in tourney 2-0.

Splice

Smash Hero
didnt monkeybear place 4th and beat S.D too Syke?

or other way around?

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
So, tournament results don't count? Suppose i was playing garbage/tired too. SD is awesome and he can make that judgement. As for you, I will gladly MM you. Don't give me that playing garbage/tired **** afterwards though. Seeya at BAM.
Also, I'm not even Australian so if you just skip over me i would understand.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
well after he got knocked out he lost a mm to ted.. someone he usually *****. I could tell he was playing much worse than usual as the night went on, as most people were. It's hard to gauge another's skill when your not as good as they are etc etc cbf. I can assure the that the others in A tier would agree your only B material atm.

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
Personal opinion > tourney results? I won't say I'm better than Sam because I beat him once and I won't even complain about being b tier ATM but after bam, your a tier slot is mine bioaatch ;p

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
I would honestly place Eric in between A and B tier. I don't think he belongs with the other B tiers, one reason being that he placed 4th at a huge national yet I think come BAM will be the time for him to prove whether he belongs in A tier or not. I would also not be one to make controversial statements such as what your third sentence implies considering the ambiguity of Eric's placement at the moment.

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
Marc why are you so good at forum debates. I should let you talk for me a lot more often. I Still stick with what I said for the sake of trash talk. Other states should learn a lesson from sa and manner up.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
harsh but i'd swap kas/sd
scrubs up perhaps? ***** can play!

monkeybear and blackshadow are like the ultimate hard to place players... since blackshadow is yet to provide for his fans i guess he can't go on it... monkeybear though... shove that boy in a tier, or at least temporary holding zone between a and b tier before bam. actually i'd prefer a tier, i think the syke loss was just harsh because syke knows sheik too well

Top Bottom